Even Obama Knows The End Is Near

Profit margins for health insurance companies is 3%-4%, not seeing a big issue there. Not finding anywhere supporting your 30% claim.

Then I'm not seeing the problem Muddy was whining about that 80% of revenues go to treatment, then....

That was his whine. that the industry be restricted to a mere 20% in profit.

Here is a link that show 2.4%, where are you getting your 20%-30% margins?

Again, if they aren't getting 30% profit, not seeing where the whine is that restrict profit to 20%....

If Cigna can pay Ed Hanaway 72 Million dollars to retire, they are making too much money. It doesn't matter if they are putting that under "Profit" or "Salary".

Profit margins for health insurance companies is 3%-4%, not seeing a big issue there. Not finding anywhere supporting your 30% claim.

Unless you're a proctologist, then you probably won't find where Joe gets any of his claims.

:eusa_hand:

I doubt his health insurance will cover the cost of the search.

Except it doesn't work that way... IN fact, medical costs in the US are higher than any nation in teh world.

Spending per person statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster

We spend $4287.00 per person in this country on health care, compared to 2243 in Japan or 1939 in Canada.

And a lot of that is lost in overhead, insurance profit taking, etc.

And again, lower life expectency, higher infant mortality rates, higher rates of bankruptcy.

Then I'm not seeing the problem Muddy was whining about that 80% of revenues go to treatment, then....

80% of revenues go to pay claims. 20% go to pay expenses to run the business. That's a typical insurance income statement.

Most insurance companies do NOT make money on their insurance business. Many lose money in fact. They are profitable because of the investment income on their "float," ie the income they receive from you before they have to pay you.

80% of revenues go to pay claims. 20% go to pay expenses to run the business. That's a typical insurance income statement.

Most insurance companies do NOT make money on their insurance business. Many lose money in fact. They are profitable because of the investment income on their "float," ie the income they receive from you before they have to pay you.

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
But when the taxman comes to the door,
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

Again. Cigna paid Hanaway 72 Million dollars to STOP working.

And they denied Natalie Sarkisyan liver transplant until she died.

Cocksuckers. These are the people you're defending?

I'm not defending them, you idiot.

This whole argument is rediculous. If we had a single payer system no one in the system would be making more than any highly placed civil servant. Just that alone would save health care billions.

Well we do hire them to keep our costs low
do we not

Perhaps if we had a real free market and allowed competition
the market would be able to respond properly for dissatisfied customers

Except it doesn't work that way... IN fact, medical costs in the US are higher than any nation in teh world.

Spending per person statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster

We spend $4287.00 per person in this country on health care, compared to 2243 in Japan or 1939 in Canada.

And a lot of that is lost in overhead, insurance profit taking, etc.

And again, lower life expectency, higher infant mortality rates, higher rates of bankruptcy.

Could the costs possibly be due to inflation, not lack of governmental controls?

The higher rates of bankruptcy you're talking about, could that be insurers? WTF are you talking about?

And infant mortality rates aren't higher here than 90% of the world unless you include abortions. China is at 114 while we're at 49. Canada is at 41 with 4.85 compared to 5.98. So they're just 1.13 persons per 1000 better than the United States....so that's nothing to brag about, and I seriously doubt that millions of illegals are flooding into their country looking for free health care.

List of countries by infant mortality rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Sounds like it to me....

Sounds like it to me....

To you, I'm sure it does.

FTR pointing out your glaring errors =/= defending

Could the costs possibly be due to inflation, not lack of governmental controls?

Um... no. Actually, the lack of insurance is part of the problem. When you require that emergency rooms have to treat poor people, those hospitals have to make it up somewhere else. Of course, we aren't going to let people die in the street, so we end up with emergency rooms treating something for ten times what a family practitioner would have, and passing it along.

The higher rates of bankruptcy you're talking about, could that be insurers? WTF are you talking about?

I'm talking about the fact that 63% of bankruptcies are linked to medical crisis, and of those, 75% of them had insurance when the crisis started.

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies - CNN

And infant mortality rates aren't higher here than 90% of the world unless you include abortions.

They are the highest in the industrialized world, that's the point. In fact, even Cuba has a lower infant mortality rate than we do.

Infant mortality rate statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster

China is at 114 while we're at 49. Canada is at 41 with 4.85 compared to 5.98. So they're just 1.13 persons per 1000 better than the United States....so that's nothing to brag about, and I seriously doubt that millions of illegals are flooding into their country looking for free health care.

Actually, China is at 25.28. But I was talking about industrialized countries. Looking at the other G-7 countries.

Germany- 4.2 despite still trying to assililate East Germany's battered infrastructure.
France - 4.31
Japan - 3.28

All of which spend a lot less per capita than we do and cover everyone. Oh, no doubt, we'll get the tired apologetics about counting premature births and all that nonsense...

Sounds like it to me....

The only glaring error is a system that pays Ed Scumbag Hanaway 72 million dollars for finding ways to let people die after they paid for health insurance.

Most decent societies, he'd be spat upon in the street.

But you're all so fine with this...

I bet you got that from the same place you got Insurance Co's make 30% PM.

pull-head-out-of-ass-for-dummies.jpg

Sounds like it to me....

The only glaring error is a system that pays Ed Scumbag Hanaway 72 million dollars for finding ways to let people die after they paid for health insurance.

It's easier to demonize when you get your facts wrong. :thup:

It always is.

Sounds like it to me....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKI9be55N00]Fight back against health insurance lies - YouTube[/ame]

Um... no. Actually, the lack of insurance is part of the problem. When you require that emergency rooms have to treat poor people, those hospitals have to make it up somewhere else. Of course, we aren't going to let people die in the street, so we end up with emergency rooms treating something for ten times what a family practitioner would have, and passing it along.

I'm talking about the fact that 63% of bankruptcies are linked to medical crisis, and of those, 75% of them had insurance when the crisis started.

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies - CNN

And infant mortality rates aren't higher here than 90% of the world unless you include abortions.

They are the highest in the industrialized world, that's the point. In fact, even Cuba has a lower infant mortality rate than we do.

Infant mortality rate statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster

China is at 114 while we're at 49. Canada is at 41 with 4.85 compared to 5.98. So they're just 1.13 persons per 1000 better than the United States....so that's nothing to brag about, and I seriously doubt that millions of illegals are flooding into their country looking for free health care.

Actually, China is at 25.28. But I was talking about industrialized countries. Looking at the other G-7 countries.

Germany- 4.2 despite still trying to assililate East Germany's battered infrastructure.
France - 4.31
Japan - 3.28

All of which spend a lot less per capita than we do and cover everyone. Oh, no doubt, we'll get the tired apologetics about counting premature births and all that nonsense...

Go to Los Angeles and sit in a waiting-room and you'll realize why health care in America is so expensive.

It's easy to demonize when you do demonic things... If you want to get a real inside look at the medical insurance industry, look up Wendell Potter. He exposes the whole reeking mess.

Go to Los Angeles and sit in a waiting-room and you'll realize why health care in America is so expensive.

Absolutely.

But your solution would be to let them die in the street because they're brown.

Mine would be to make sure everyone has coverage that is provided at a reasonable price, and no one gets filthy rich in the process of someone else's pain.

Forum List

Back