Every Republican votes against making hearings public!

Nothing makes these Republicans happy. They've griped for weeks about not being able to subpoena people, attend hearings, etc. etc.
So Pelosi votes that all in and the R's vote against it? And they're STILL bitching.

Their complaints aren't worth listening to anymore. Let me know if they ever stop pointless whining and have something intelligent to say.

Umm. did you actually READ the rules? Dems have veto power over any request for witnesses made by Republicans, have veto authority over any questions Republicans want to ask of any witnesses, and all sorts of other control methods that allow dems to release any information they see fit from the proceedings.

It reminds me of the Cardassian justice system from DS9, where the accused is already guilty, and all the trial is for is to allow the accused to accept being guilty.
Marty, if the Republicans had their way they would obfuscate and obstruct this thing 'til Kingdom Come.

If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening and Dems would concentrate on beating him in the 2020 election.

So being able to call witnesses and ask questions without permission from your opposition is now "obstruction"?

Stalin smiles at your stupidity.
If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening
Exactly. This entire squabble over the investigation procedures is pretty much just noise because THIS IS NOT THE TRIAL. It is an investigation and IF it results in Articles of Impeachment, there is a vote and then a trial in the Senate, at which time Trump and his minions can have their day in court.
I am truly not understanding why this investigation needs to be held to the rules of a full blown court hearing. This is not a trial.

Schiff and Pelosi seem to think other wise.

Nothing makes these Republicans happy. They've griped for weeks about not being able to subpoena people, attend hearings, etc. etc.
So Pelosi votes that all in and the R's vote against it? And they're STILL bitching.

Their complaints aren't worth listening to anymore. Let me know if they ever stop pointless whining and have something intelligent to say.

Umm. did you actually READ the rules? Dems have veto power over any request for witnesses made by Republicans, have veto authority over any questions Republicans want to ask of any witnesses, and all sorts of other control methods that allow dems to release any information they see fit from the proceedings.

It reminds me of the Cardassian justice system from DS9, where the accused is already guilty, and all the trial is for is to allow the accused to accept being guilty.
Marty, if the Republicans had their way they would obfuscate and obstruct this thing 'til Kingdom Come.

If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening and Dems would concentrate on beating him in the 2020 election.

So being able to call witnesses and ask questions without permission from your opposition is now "obstruction"?

Exactly. This entire squabble over the investigation procedures is pretty much just noise because THIS IS NOT THE TRIAL. It is an investigation and IF it results in Articles of Impeachment, there is a vote and then a trial in the Senate, at which time Trump and his minions can have their day in court.
I am truly not understanding why this investigation needs to be held to the rules of a full blown court hearing. This is not a trial.

The trial won't matter because there are no impeachable offenses out there.

This is prog kabuki theatre, made for rubes such as yourself to get you into a lathering froth.
I think the Democrats are being overly dramatic and have been about the Russia investigation, the Kavanaugh confirmation, and now this, but it is no more overly dramatic than what they did to Bill Clinton and then to Hillary with repeated investigations; it seems to be how the politicians in D.C. roll.
Nixon abused his power by having his spooks break into the opposition's headquarters to get the poop on what they were up to in the campaign. If that is an impeachable offense, so is withholding approved military aid to Ukraine in return for a favor that would smear Trump's opposition in the upcoming campaign. I'm not in a "lathered froth" over Trump's hi-jinx. He'll do anything to win (evidence the Trump Tower meeting) and he's doing all he can to hide what really happened. C'mon already, why is there not a verbatim transcript available? Why is it hidden in an ultra-secret computer? If you believe there's a good reason for that, I'm pretty sure you're the rube here.

Libs did the same thing during clinton impeachment. Its always a circus.

This is prog kabuki theatre, made for rubes such as yourself to get you into a lathering froth.
I think the Democrats are being overly dramatic and have been about the Russia investigation, the Kavanaugh confirmation, and now this, but it is no more overly dramatic than what they did to Bill Clinton and then to Hillary with repeated investigations; it seems to be how the politicians in D.C. roll.
Nixon abused his power by having his spooks break into the opposition's headquarters to get the poop on what they were up to in the campaign. If that is an impeachable offense, so is withholding approved military aid to Ukraine in return for a favor that would smear Trump's opposition in the upcoming campaign. I'm not in a "lathered froth" over Trump's hi-jinx. He'll do anything to win (evidence the Trump Tower meeting) and he's doing all he can to hide what really happened. C'mon already, why is there not a verbatim transcript available? Why is it hidden in an ultra-secret computer? If you believe there's a good reason for that, I'm pretty sure you're the rube here.

Tu Quo Que? That's all you got?

Sorry, but trying to hide breaking and entering, an actual crime, is in no way related to international politics. What crime did Trump commit when he was dealing with a foreign government?

And the Dems want to lose?

Simple arguments from a simple hack such as yourself. Try harder.

Every Republican votes against allowing the President and his lawyers to participate!

House approves impeachment rules, ushering in new phase of inquiry — live updates
A resolution authorizing public hearings and laying the groundwork for eventual proceedings in the Judiciary Committee passed by a vote of 232 to 196. All but two Democrats voted for the measure, with all Republican members voting against it.

They voted against the impeachment hearings in general, not any specifics about it.

What a fucking hack you are.
Guess you didn't read the rules that Democrats laid out in the vote. If the rules are one-sided then I would vote no.

I knew about the rules. Would more had voted yes to open the investigation if they were allowed to ask questions and bring witnesses unimpeded?

I think not.
Guess you'll never know, cuz the Democrats have no intention of allowing that.

I agree. The funny thing is that using these rules allows Republicans to cry "UNFAIR" all the time, making the Dems look like bullies.
Not at all. It's exactly what it appears to be.

Democrats are trying to cover their asses and prevent genuine discovery and Republicans are being prevented from proving this criminal conspiracy happened and who the plotters where.

They voted against the impeachment hearings in general, not any specifics about it.

Guess you didn't read the rules that Democrats laid out in the vote. If the rules are one-sided then I would vote no.

I knew about the rules. Would more had voted yes to open the investigation if they were allowed to ask questions and bring witnesses unimpeded?

I think not.
Guess you'll never know, cuz the Democrats have no intention of allowing that.

I agree. The funny thing is that using these rules allows Republicans to cry "UNFAIR" all the time, making the Dems look like bullies.
Not at all. It's exactly what it appears to be.

Democrats are trying to cover their asses and prevent genuine discovery and Republicans are being prevented from proving this criminal conspiracy happened and who the plotters where.

That's what the Dems think they are accomplishing.

Of course Yammamoto also thought they would destroy the US Pacific Fleet at Midway.

Schiff is in charge and can stop any witnesses the R's bring up that he doesn't approve of.
That's being a dictator .
The bill just passed gives Schiff more power than he already had.
It doesn't give Schiff-face more power.
It is just an attempt to quell the complaints over secrecy. It changes nothing. The timing of the vote was highly suspicious because key witness testimony which undermined their entire case took place at the same time they were voting to recognize the inquiry was taking place.

Every Republican votes against allowing the President and his lawyers to participate!

House approves impeachment rules, ushering in new phase of inquiry — live updates
A resolution authorizing public hearings and laying the groundwork for eventual proceedings in the Judiciary Committee passed by a vote of 232 to 196. All but two Democrats voted for the measure, with all Republican members voting against it.
Or, more correctly, Republicans voted against a power mad Schiff extending his influence over all of us. Even two Democrats saw it that way.

Sorry, but trying to hide breaking and entering, an actual crime, is in no way related to international politics. What crime did Trump commit when he was dealing with a foreign government?

Don't be speaking foreign languages at me. He abused his power by utilizing military aid already approved by Congress for an ally. And explain, please, why the verbatim transcript is being hidden.
Explain that instead of showing off your brilliance with Latin.

One day when a nasty government is in power. The same Alinsky crap you have spewed will be used against people as they beg for their lives. We are a lot closer to that then what we had.

Don't be speaking foreign languages at me. He abused his power by utilizing military aid already approved by Congress for an ally. And explain, please, why the verbatim transcript is being hidden.

Wow, you don't understand a simple Latin term?

Educate yourself.

That isn't abuse of power, it's use of power. It's funny how you have forgotten all them times Obama didn't follow the directives of congress when he was in office and Republicans had control of the House and Senate.

Not at all.

The official transcript is the only version that exists. It has already been released.....before Pelosi announced her fake impeachment inquiry.

Note the key word "inquiry"

Meaning it isn't an official impeachment. An official impeachment is a resolution voted on by the House after evidence is provided by the DOJ to the House Juducial Committee of a public official who has committed criminal acts. The Judiciary committee votes to recommend an impeachment and produces articles of impeachment to the full House, to which the full House votes on. The House jumped the shark and didn't wait for articles of impeachment in this case. They simply voted to recognize the ongoing inquiry.

A vote in the full House is an official impeachment and is sent to the Senate for trial. None of this has happened. THEY ARE LYING TO US ABOUT WHAT THIS IS AND WHAT THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT IS!!!!

THEMS THE FACTS!!

Nope. They voted against their chance to do all thing things they've been bitching about.

They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Nope. They voted against their chance to do all thing things they've been bitching about.

They vote was on the inquiry, and the rules applied. The rules shut Republicans out of the inquiry.

They voted against the impeachment in general, and the rules.

It's amazing how you morons try to bend and break the simple truth for pure political hackery.

They voted against Adam Schiff being made a Dictator, Judge, Jury and Executioner.

This pretty much proves though that if whenever a Democrat gets elected as president sometime around 2030 that you can impeach him the day he is sworn in, if you have a majority in The House.
They voted against public hearings.

They voted against released testimony.

They voted against their chance to call witnesses.

They voted against their opportunity to cross examine.

In short, they voted against their chance to mount a defense.

Not really a wise move.

They voted against Adam Schiff being made a Dictator, Judge, Jury and Executioner.

This pretty much proves though that if whenever a Democrat gets elected as president sometime around 2030 that you can impeach him the day he is sworn in, if you have a majority in The House.
They voted against public hearings.

They voted against released testimony.

They voted against their chance to call witnesses.

They voted against their opportunity to cross examine.

In short, they voted against their chance to mount a defense.

Not really a wise move.

What are you talking about? Amendments?

Right now they cannot call witnesses and can only ask questions approved by dems due to the inquiry law that PASSED

They vote was on the inquiry, and the rules applied. The rules shut Republicans out of the inquiry.

They voted against the impeachment in general, and the rules.

It's amazing how you morons try to bend and break the simple truth for pure political hackery.
If they were better informed they wouldn't keep falling for these Democrat tricks. The communists in the Democrat Party assume that their voters are ignorant stupid, and never question anything they say.

And they correct.

To be a Democrat these days you have to be stupid or can't speak English.

No winners. If Trump survives, then it will not be just OK to enroll help from foreign country but a requirement to win. If he is removed, he'll probably bring in the Russian troops to quell the violence.

Wow, you don't understand a simple Latin term?

Educate yourself.

That isn't abuse of power, it's use of power. It's funny how you have forgotten all them times Obama didn't follow the directives of congress when he was in office and Republicans had control of the House and Senate.
I do not hear an explanation for the hidden transcript in that response. Try again.

You are absolutely right it is not a trial.

What it is. . . IS a colossal waste of taxpayer funds, national attention and congressional time.

So stupid.

Forum List

Back