Every Republican votes against making hearings public!

Nothing makes these Republicans happy. They've griped for weeks about not being able to subpoena people, attend hearings, etc. etc.
So Pelosi votes that all in and the R's vote against it? And they're STILL bitching.

Their complaints aren't worth listening to anymore. Let me know if they ever stop pointless whining and have something intelligent to say.

Umm. did you actually READ the rules? Dems have veto power over any request for witnesses made by Republicans, have veto authority over any questions Republicans want to ask of any witnesses, and all sorts of other control methods that allow dems to release any information they see fit from the proceedings.

It reminds me of the Cardassian justice system from DS9, where the accused is already guilty, and all the trial is for is to allow the accused to accept being guilty.
Marty, if the Republicans had their way they would obfuscate and obstruct this thing 'til Kingdom Come.

If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening and Dems would concentrate on beating him in the 2020 election.

So being able to call witnesses and ask questions without permission from your opposition is now "obstruction"?

Stalin smiles at your stupidity.
If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening
Exactly. This entire squabble over the investigation procedures is pretty much just noise because THIS IS NOT THE TRIAL. It is an investigation and IF it results in Articles of Impeachment, there is a vote and then a trial in the Senate, at which time Trump and his minions can have their day in court.
I am truly not understanding why this investigation needs to be held to the rules of a full blown court hearing. This is not a trial.

Every Republican votes against allowing the President and his lawyers to participate!

House approves impeachment rules, ushering in new phase of inquiry — live updates
A resolution authorizing public hearings and laying the groundwork for eventual proceedings in the Judiciary Committee passed by a vote of 232 to 196. All but two Democrats voted for the measure, with all Republican members voting against it.

They voted against the impeachment hearings in general, not any specifics about it.

What a fucking hack you are.
Guess you didn't read the rules that Democrats laid out in the vote. If the rules are one-sided then I would vote no.

Nothing makes these Republicans happy. They've griped for weeks about not being able to subpoena people, attend hearings, etc. etc.
So Pelosi votes that all in and the R's vote against it? And they're STILL bitching.

Their complaints aren't worth listening to anymore. Let me know if they ever stop pointless whining and have something intelligent to say.

Umm. did you actually READ the rules? Dems have veto power over any request for witnesses made by Republicans, have veto authority over any questions Republicans want to ask of any witnesses, and all sorts of other control methods that allow dems to release any information they see fit from the proceedings.

It reminds me of the Cardassian justice system from DS9, where the accused is already guilty, and all the trial is for is to allow the accused to accept being guilty.
Marty, if the Republicans had their way they would obfuscate and obstruct this thing 'til Kingdom Come.

If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening and Dems would concentrate on beating him in the 2020 election.

So being able to call witnesses and ask questions without permission from your opposition is now "obstruction"?

Exactly. This entire squabble over the investigation procedures is pretty much just noise because THIS IS NOT THE TRIAL. It is an investigation and IF it results in Articles of Impeachment, there is a vote and then a trial in the Senate, at which time Trump and his minions can have their day in court.
I am truly not understanding why this investigation needs to be held to the rules of a full blown court hearing. This is not a trial.
They are on edge honey they have never had to be in the hot seat they thought they could do as they liked and the president would pardon them and himself for breaking the law(Judas Priest singing in background).

They have to fling poo over process, Don's a crook and we all know it.
when you look up the definition of crook in the dictionary, there is a picture of the US Congress....

Just another Sham by The Nazi Party to take over The Weimar Democratic Republic

Exactly how is this legitimate when The President is not allowed to represent himself in this Kangaroo Court?

Last edited:

They are on edge honey they have never had to be in the hot seat they thought they could do as they liked and the president would pardon them and himself for breaking the law(Judas Priest singing in background).
You shouldn't talk about Obama like that.

Every Republican votes against allowing the President and his lawyers to participate!

House approves impeachment rules, ushering in new phase of inquiry — live updates
A resolution authorizing public hearings and laying the groundwork for eventual proceedings in the Judiciary Committee passed by a vote of 232 to 196. All but two Democrats voted for the measure, with all Republican members voting against it.
They voted against Adam Schiff being made a Dictator, Judge, Jury and Executioner.

This pretty much proves though that if whenever a Democrat gets elected as president sometime around 2030 that you can impeach him the day he is sworn in, if you have a majority in The House.

You want some cheese to go with that whine?

The vote was to make the hearings public.

There is no vote where the impeachment doesn't happen.

Trump broke the law. More than once.

And now the White House attorney, along with several Republican Senators have also broken the law, and they will be held accountable for that.

You don't even want to think about whats going to happen to Republicans by 2030.

Well.....it's not as if any Americans paying attention believed their initial complaint.

They voted against Adam Schiff being made a Dictator, Judge, Jury and Executioner.

This pretty much proves though that if whenever a Democrat gets elected as president sometime around 2030 that you can impeach him the day he is sworn in, if you have a majority in The House.
What's Russia's take on the vote, Comrade?

Trump broke the law. More than once.

If you know that, you should contact the House immediately. They don't even need an investigation then if you already know that! We can just go straight to impeachment!

Apparently the Democraps consider it a far greater offense to investigate a crime than to try to cover one up, for they are totally OK with Biden pressuring Ukraine to STOP an investigation (of his son), than Trump's inquiring into what they know happened with the Democraps in 2016.

But no matter. The Idiot Left will relish this resolution of Nancy's as if Trump were already impeached and out of office. You haven't the foresight to realize yet there are only a few ways this can end now and NONE OF THEM WILL BE GOOD for the democratic party.

You're a baby killer. That's why I don't respect anything YOU have to say.
Yeah, and on Kwanzaa I eat 'em, too. This isn't an abortion thread, Blackrook. Stay on topic.

The trial won't matter because there are no impeachable offenses out there.

This is prog kabuki theatre, made for rubes such as yourself to get you into a lathering froth.

They voted against the impeachment hearings in general, not any specifics about it.

Guess you didn't read the rules that Democrats laid out in the vote. If the rules are one-sided then I would vote no.

I knew about the rules. Would more had voted yes to open the investigation if they were allowed to ask questions and bring witnesses unimpeded?

I think not.

BULLFUCKINGSHIT!

These motherfuckers are making shit up and abusing the rules of Congress. The same guilty SOBs that perpetrated the Russian Collusion hoax are now doing it with Ukraine..They can't even name one single crime....even if every fake accusation turned out to be true, which it is not.

The assumption that elected officials are honest and not a bunch of treasonous bastards has been thrown out. From now on we must assume that Democrats are enemies of the state.

the Democrats are walking and chewing gum at the same time. they're tremendous.

not only are they pursuing impeachment, they're working on prescription drug reform. they had a meeting about infrastructure which Trump stormed out of. and they passed a background check bill that Moscow Mitch needs to put up for a vote in the Senate, my friends!

I knew about the rules. Would more had voted yes to open the investigation if they were allowed to ask questions and bring witnesses unimpeded?

I think not.
Guess you'll never know, cuz the Democrats have no intention of allowing that.

When this impeachment doesn’t work what are you gonna do then? Lol

These divisive anti-American Democrat loser fuckers are toast!!!

I think not.
Guess you'll never know, cuz the Democrats have no intention of allowing that.

I agree. The funny thing is that using these rules allows Republicans to cry "UNFAIR" all the time, making the Dems look like bullies.

Schiff is in charge and can stop any witnesses the R's bring up that he doesn't approve of.
That's being a dictator .
The bill just passed gives Schiff more power than he already had.

Forum List

Back