Every Republican votes against making hearings public!

Nothing makes these Republicans happy. They've griped for weeks about not being able to subpoena people, attend hearings, etc. etc.
So Pelosi votes that all in and the R's vote against it? And they're STILL bitching.

Their complaints aren't worth listening to anymore. Let me know if they ever stop pointless whining and have something intelligent to say.

Umm. did you actually READ the rules? Dems have veto power over any request for witnesses made by Republicans, have veto authority over any questions Republicans want to ask of any witnesses, and all sorts of other control methods that allow dems to release any information they see fit from the proceedings.

It reminds me of the Cardassian justice system from DS9, where the accused is already guilty, and all the trial is for is to allow the accused to accept being guilty.
Marty, if the Republicans had their way they would obfuscate and obstruct this thing 'til Kingdom Come.

If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening and Dems would concentrate on beating him in the 2020 election.

So being able to call witnesses and ask questions without permission from your opposition is now "obstruction"?

Stalin smiles at your stupidity.
If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening
Exactly. This entire squabble over the investigation procedures is pretty much just noise because THIS IS NOT THE TRIAL. It is an investigation and IF it results in Articles of Impeachment, there is a vote and then a trial in the Senate, at which time Trump and his minions can have their day in court.
I am truly not understanding why this investigation needs to be held to the rules of a full blown court hearing. This is not a trial.

You are absolutely right it is not a trial.

What it is. . . IS a colossal waste of taxpayer funds, national attention and congressional time.

So stupid.
Maybe so, and if so, what's new?

America sees your treachery and you will be punished for it in 2020.

Everyone is talking about what a joke your party has become.
upload_2019-11-1_10-9-2.jpeg

Every Republican votes against allowing the President and his lawyers to participate!
House approves impeachment rules, ushering in new phase of inquiry — live updates
A resolution authorizing public hearings and laying the groundwork for eventual proceedings in the Judiciary Committee passed by a vote of 232 to 196. All but two Democrats voted for the measure, with all Republican members voting against it.

They voted against Adam Schiff being made a Dictator, Judge, Jury and Executioner.

This pretty much proves though that if whenever a Democrat gets elected as president sometime around 2030 that you can impeach him the day he is sworn in, if you have a majority in The House.

They voted against public hearings.

They voted against released testimony.

They voted against their chance to call witnesses.

They voted against their opportunity to cross examine.

In short, they voted against their chance to mount a defense.

Not really a wise move.

Nothing makes these Republicans happy. They've griped for weeks about not being able to subpoena people, attend hearings, etc. etc.
So Pelosi votes that all in and the R's vote against it? And they're STILL bitching.

Their complaints aren't worth listening to anymore. Let me know if they ever stop pointless whining and have something intelligent to say.

Umm. did you actually READ the rules? Dems have veto power over any request for witnesses made by Republicans, have veto authority over any questions Republicans want to ask of any witnesses, and all sorts of other control methods that allow dems to release any information they see fit from the proceedings.

It reminds me of the Cardassian justice system from DS9, where the accused is already guilty, and all the trial is for is to allow the accused to accept being guilty.
That's because your tRumpling "leaders" will try to side track the proceedings with crazy conspiracy theories.

Every Republican votes against allowing the President and his lawyers to participate!

House approves impeachment rules, ushering in new phase of inquiry — live updates
A resolution authorizing public hearings and laying the groundwork for eventual proceedings in the Judiciary Committee passed by a vote of 232 to 196. All but two Democrats voted for the measure, with all Republican members voting against it.
They voted against Adam Schiff being made a Dictator, Judge, Jury and Executioner.

This pretty much proves though that if whenever a Democrat gets elected as president sometime around 2030 that you can impeach him the day he is sworn in, if you have a majority in The House.

Not really a wise move.
Yes, but they knew they'd get all those things anyway. Just like all the votes to repeal the ACA. Put your vote on record even though it doesn't matter. Win-win

Exactly. This entire squabble over the investigation procedures is pretty much just noise because THIS IS NOT THE TRIAL. It is an investigation and IF it results in Articles of Impeachment, there is a vote and then a trial in the Senate, at which time Trump and his minions can have their day in court.
I am truly not understanding why this investigation needs to be held to the rules of a full blown court hearing. This is not a trial.

The trial won't matter because there are no impeachable offenses out there.

This is prog kabuki theatre, made for rubes such as yourself to get you into a lathering froth.
I think the Democrats are being overly dramatic and have been about the Russia investigation, the Kavanaugh confirmation, and now this, but it is no more overly dramatic than what they did to Bill Clinton and then to Hillary with repeated investigations; it seems to be how the politicians in D.C. roll.
Nixon abused his power by having his spooks break into the opposition's headquarters to get the poop on what they were up to in the campaign. If that is an impeachable offense, so is withholding approved military aid to Ukraine in return for a favor that would smear Trump's opposition in the upcoming campaign. I'm not in a "lathered froth" over Trump's hi-jinx. He'll do anything to win (evidence the Trump Tower meeting) and he's doing all he can to hide what really happened. C'mon already, why is there not a verbatim transcript available? Why is it hidden in an ultra-secret computer? If you believe there's a good reason for that, I'm pretty sure you're the rube here.
Tu Quo Que? That's all you got?

Sorry, but trying to hide breaking and entering, an actual crime, is in no way related to international politics. What crime did Trump commit when he was dealing with a foreign government?

And the Dems want to lose?

Simple arguments from a simple hack such as yourself. Try harder.
Don't be speaking foreign languages at me. He abused his power by utilizing military aid already approved by Congress for an ally. And explain, please, why the verbatim transcript is being hidden.
Explain that instead of showing off your brilliance with Latin.

Not at all.

The official transcript is the only version that exists. It has already been released.....before Pelosi announced her fake impeachment inquiry.

Note the key word "inquiry"

Meaning it isn't an official impeachment. An official impeachment is a resolution voted on by the House after evidence is provided by the DOJ to the House Juducial Committee of a public official who has committed criminal acts. The Judiciary committee votes to recommend an impeachment and produces articles of impeachment to the full House, to which the full House votes on. The House jumped the shark and didn't wait for articles of impeachment in this case. They simply voted to recognize the ongoing inquiry.

A vote in the full House is an official impeachment and is sent to the Senate for trial. None of this has happened. THEY ARE LYING TO US ABOUT WHAT THIS IS AND WHAT THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT IS!!!!

THEMS THE FACTS!!
Turns out the "transcript" isn't a transcript. Also turns out it isn't complete, or even really honest.

Why are facts that get exposed Crazy? You Dotards announced you would not accept the results of the 2016 election the moment you paid for Russia. Propaganda and asked The Ukraine to help you defeat Trump.

Amd when you lost, you announced you’d spend the next 4 years trying to overturn the election and find some way to impeach The President.

That's because your tRumpling "leaders" will try to side track the proceedings with crazy conspiracy theories.

Turns out you are an untrustworthy liar and an enemy of America.

Don’t you have Ayatollah Assahola to kick?

The Spy is now known to have ties to Brennan, Biden, Clinton and had dealings with The Fake Russian Dossier.

He will be identified and then tried for espionage and treason.

This is prog kabuki theatre, made for rubes such as yourself to get you into a lathering froth.
I think the Democrats are being overly dramatic and have been about the Russia investigation, the Kavanaugh confirmation, and now this, but it is no more overly dramatic than what they did to Bill Clinton and then to Hillary with repeated investigations; it seems to be how the politicians in D.C. roll.
Nixon abused his power by having his spooks break into the opposition's headquarters to get the poop on what they were up to in the campaign. If that is an impeachable offense, so is withholding approved military aid to Ukraine in return for a favor that would smear Trump's opposition in the upcoming campaign. I'm not in a "lathered froth" over Trump's hi-jinx. He'll do anything to win (evidence the Trump Tower meeting) and he's doing all he can to hide what really happened. C'mon already, why is there not a verbatim transcript available? Why is it hidden in an ultra-secret computer? If you believe there's a good reason for that, I'm pretty sure you're the rube here.

Sorry, but trying to hide breaking and entering, an actual crime, is in no way related to international politics. What crime did Trump commit when he was dealing with a foreign government?

Don't be speaking foreign languages at me. He abused his power by utilizing military aid already approved by Congress for an ally. And explain, please, why the verbatim transcript is being hidden.

Not at all.

The official transcript is the only version that exists. It has already been released.....before Pelosi announced her fake impeachment inquiry.

Meaning it isn't an official impeachment. An official impeachment is a resolution voted on by the House after evidence is provided by the DOJ to the House Juducial Committee of a public official who has committed criminal acts. The Judiciary committee votes to recommend an impeachment and produces articles of impeachment to the full House, to which the full House votes on. The House jumped the shark and didn't wait for articles of impeachment in this case. They simply voted to recognize the ongoing inquiry.

A vote in the full House is an official impeachment and is sent to the Senate for trial. None of this has happened. THEY ARE LYING TO US ABOUT WHAT THIS IS AND WHAT THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT IS!!!!

THEMS THE FACTS!!
Turns out the "transcript" isn't a transcript. Also turns out it isn't complete, or even really honest.

Wow, you don't understand a simple Latin term?

Educate yourself.

That isn't abuse of power, it's use of power. It's funny how you have forgotten all them times Obama didn't follow the directives of congress when he was in office and Republicans had control of the House and Senate.
I do not hear an explanation for the hidden transcript in that response. Try again.

You believe its hidden based on rumor testimony of people with an axe to grind against Trump.

Every time something is explained or given to you assholes, it's always dismissed.

The funny part is that republicans didn't get to vote on anything. The hearings are still controlled by Schiff-for -brains and republicans are still locked out while the political coup democrats leak selected testimony to morons in the media.

Wow, talk about trying to excuse hackery.

First it was they voted against access, then you say they don't deserve the access.

Keep moving those goalposts, mouth-breather.

Not at all.

THEMS THE FACTS!!

Lol, conspiracy nutter as well.

FOAD

Still a crooked process but at least they forced The Democrats to make their treachery more public.

The funny part is that republicans didn't get to vote on anything. The hearings are still controlled by Schiff-for -brains and republicans are still locked out while the political coup democrats leak selected testimony to morons in the media.

Educate yourself.

That isn't abuse of power, it's use of power. It's funny how you have forgotten all them times Obama didn't follow the directives of congress when he was in office and Republicans had control of the House and Senate.
I do not hear an explanation for the hidden transcript in that response. Try again.

You believe its hidden based on rumor testimony of people with an axe to grind against Trump.

Every time something is explained or given to you assholes, it's always dismissed.
No, his STAFF said it way back at the beginning of all this.
White House officials previously had portrayed the document as not a verbatim transcription but rather a summary that closely tracked the words the president used in his July 25 call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...s-about-rough-transcript-trumps-ukraine-call/

Marty, if the Republicans had their way they would obfuscate and obstruct this thing 'til Kingdom Come.

If we had our way the impeachment thing wouldn't be happening and Dems would concentrate on beating him in the 2020 election.

So being able to call witnesses and ask questions without permission from your opposition is now "obstruction"?

Stalin smiles at your stupidity.

You are absolutely right it is not a trial.

What it is. . . IS a colossal waste of taxpayer funds, national attention and congressional time.

So stupid.
Maybe so, and if so, what's new?
I'm just afraid that the DNC is doing themselves more damage than good. How about working on ideas and policy than stupid ass slander?

Folks that are paying attention are aware of the shady behavior of Trump, but meh, they don't see his behavior as any worse than the shenanigans of all the previous administrations. This ISN'T doing the image of the party that is currently OUT OF POWER any favors. It is like. . . the DNC and RINO's have forgotten why disaffected tea party and occupy folks put him there to begin with. . .

Trump, Impeachment & Forgetting What Brought Him to the White House
October 9, 2019
In their frenzy to bring down this president, Andrew J. Bacevich sees centrist elites rushing to bury any recollection of the catastrophes that paved the way to his election.
Trump, Impeachment & Forgetting What Brought Him to the White House

High Crimes and Misdemeanors
shockandawe-cnn.jpg

". . . For such a scheme to succeed, however, laundering reputations alone will not suffice. Equally important will be to bury any recollection of the catastrophes that paved the way for an über-qualified centrist to lose to an indisputably unqualified and unprincipled political novice in 2016.

Holding promised security assistance hostage unless a foreign leader agrees to do you political favors is obviously and indisputably wrong. Trump’s antics regarding Ukraine may even meet some definition of criminal. Still, how does such misconduct compare to the calamities engineered by the “centrists” who preceded him? Consider, in particular, the George W. Bush administration’s decision to invade Iraq in 2003 (along with the spin-off wars that followed). Consider, too, the reckless economic policies that produced the Great Recession of 2007-2008. As measured by the harm inflicted on the American people (and others), the offenses for which Trump is being impeached qualify as mere misdemeanors.

Honest people may differ on whether to attribute the Iraq War to outright lies or monumental hubris. When it comes to tallying up the consequences, however, the intentions of those who sold the war don’t particularly matter. The results include thousands of Americans killed; tens of thousands wounded, many grievously, or left to struggle with the effects of PTSD; hundreds of thousands of non-Americans killed or injured; millions displaced; trillions of dollars expended; radical groups like ISIS empowered (and in its case even formed inside a U.S. prison in Iraq); and the Persian Gulf region plunged into turmoil from which it has yet to recover. How do Trump’s crimes stack up against these?

The Great Recession stemmed directly from economic policies implemented during the administration of President Bill Clinton and continued by his successor. Deregulating the banking sector was projected to produce a bonanza in which all would share. Yet, as a direct result of the ensuing chicanery, nearly 9 million Americans lost their jobs, while overall unemployment shot up to 10 percent. Roughly 4 million Americans lost their homes to foreclosure. The stock market cratered and millions saw their life savings evaporate. Again, the question must be asked: How do these results compare to Trump’s dubious dealings with Ukraine?

Trump’s critics speak with one voice in demanding accountability. Yet virtually no one has been held accountable for the pain, suffering, and loss inflicted by the architects of the Iraq War and the Great Recession. Why is that? As another presidential election approaches, the question not only goes unanswered, but unasked.. . . . "

They voted against the impeachment hearings in general, not any specifics about it.

What a fucking hack you are.
Nope. They voted against their chance to do all thing things they've been bitching about.

They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

They vote was on the inquiry, and the rules applied. The rules shut Republicans out of the inquiry.

They voted against the impeachment in general, and the rules.

It's amazing how you morons try to bend and break the simple truth for pure political hackery.
Don't have to bend anything. My post was true.

Not really a wise move.

What are you talking about? Amendments?

Right now they cannot call witnesses and can only ask questions approved by dems due to the inquiry law that PASSED
They can call witnesses.

They won't be allowed to derail the process with stupid conspiracy theories.

America sees your treachery and you will be punished for it in 2020.

Everyone is talking about what a joke your party has become.View attachment 287477

Not really a wise move.
That's nice kid, you run along now, 'kay.

Why are facts that get exposed Crazy? You Dotards announced you would not accept the results of the 2016 election the moment you paid for Russia. Propaganda and asked The Ukraine to help you defeat Trump.

Amd when you lost, you announced you’d spend the next 4 years trying to overturn the election and find some way to impeach The President.

Oooookkkkaaaayyyyy.....

You been to see a mental health professional recently?

Turns out you are an untrustworthy liar and an enemy of America.

Don’t you have Ayatollah Assahola to kick?

The Spy is now known to have ties to Brennan, Biden, Clinton and had dealings with The Fake Russian Dossier.

He will be identified and then tried for espionage and treason.

Not at all.

THEMS THE FACTS!!
What spy?

Dude, you need to take a break. Your posts are getting more and more unhinged as the morning goes on. If you don't stop you're gonna end up with a stroke or something.

Educate yourself.

No, his STAFF said it way back at the beginning of all this.
White House officials previously had portrayed the document as not a verbatim transcription but rather a summary that closely tracked the words the president used in his July 25 call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...s-about-rough-transcript-trumps-ukraine-call/

So?

You are trying to turn a grammar complaint into accusations of hiding something.

Pathetic.

Forum List

Back