EVERY US Carrier Sold Your Location Data with 0.02% Penalties from the FCC

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
I generally don't care for podcasts but damn.

AT&T net profit was $15B last year.

AT&T was fined $57MM or 0.22% of net income.

If a person made $75,000/year and were fined the same percentage as AT&T was fined by FCC, the fine would be $165.

I suspect the fine would be much more substantial if the .gov wasn't given an free all-access pass.

It takes a lot of effort to eliminate your digital footprint, it also takes a lot of knowledge, and you either have it or depend on someone who does. I don't think there is really any oversight, although I'm continually a party to a class action lawsuit that someone has to pay out. The only payout of any consequence was Meta, which was about $375.

It takes a lot of effort to eliminate your digital footprint, it also takes a lot of knowledge, and you either have it or depend on someone who does. I don't think there is really any oversight, although I'm continually a party to a class action lawsuit that someone has to pay out. The only payout of any consequence was Meta, which was about $375.
Those fines are just chump change to them.....Just the cost of doing business.

The folks getting ripped off are the same ones saying "smaller government" ... talk about pissin' in one's own canteen ...

Forum List

Back