everybody should be packing iron

Joe you're a funny little man. It doesn't take much of an effort to kill someone with a bat, or a hammer. You've been watching to many Hollywood movies showing a victim being repeatedly being hit as the bloody splatters everywhere.

Then why don't we have 11,000 hammer murders every year?

You are 12x more likely to die by homicide outside the US and we own half the guns. So, they must 'be a killin' another way.

-Geaux

We are only 3% of the world's population. So even if I accept your figure, we have 8% of the homicides...

Then why don't we have 11,000 hammer murders every year?

You are 12x more likely to die by homicide outside the US and we own half the guns. So, they must 'be a killin' another way.

-Geaux

We are only 3% of the world's population. So even if I accept your figure, we have 8% of the homicides...

And you have hit on one of the reasons homicide rates are what they are... people... not guns

-Geaux

-Geaux

And you have hit on one of the reasons homicide rates are what they are... people... not guns

-Geaux

People with guns are more likely to commit homicides than people without guns.

-Geaux

Again- If the US owns 50% of all guns in the world, and you are 12x more likely to die by homicide outside the US, then obviously guns are not the issue.

-Geaux

That's why I want a gun... to level the field.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

I'm not sure that's a field you want to be playing on.

The study by Arthur Kellermann from which that statistic is pulled doesn't say that. The number includes suicides. The study doesn't take into account defensive uses in which a shot was not fired (99% of the uses), and it doesn't reflect intruders avoiding homes with firearms inside.

According to our board fruitloops, everbody should be packing iron. Then the won't be any more violence. Sure, fellas, sure thing.

AOL.com Article - Man fatally shot at movie theater after texting his daughter

Cummings said the man in the back row - later identified as Reeves - got up and left the auditorium, presumably to get a manager. But he came back after a few minutes, without a manager and appearing upset. Moments later, the argument between the two men resumed, and the man in the front row stood up.

Officials said Oulson asked Reeves if he reported him to management for using his phone.

Cummings said the men started raising their voices and popcorn was thrown. Authorities said Reeves took out a gun, and Oulson's wife put her hand over her husband, and that's when Reeves fired his weapon, striking Nichole Oulson in the hand and her husband in the chest.

"I can't believe people would bring a pistol, a gun, to a movie," Cummings said. "I can't believe they would argue and fight and shoot one another over popcorn. Over a cellphone."

Reeves is a bully.

Just like Democrats......

That's why I want a gun... to level the field.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

The study by Arthur Kellermann from which that statistic is pulled doesn't say that. The number includes suicides. The study doesn't take into account defensive uses in which a shot was not fired (99% of the uses), and it doesn't reflect intruders avoiding homes with firearms inside.

Yes, guy, that's the thing.

A gun in the House is VERY LIKELY TO BE USED FOR SUICIDE.

Shit, happened not 50 feet from where I'm sitting right now.

Yes, guy, that's the thing.

A gun in the House is VERY LIKELY TO BE USED FOR SUICIDE.

Shit, happened not 50 feet from where I'm sitting right now.

I know.. I know... We have heard the account..

Suicides are a part of life. :confused:

-Geaux

Suicides are a lot easier to do with guns. Just like m urders. Why the average citizen shouldn't have them.

Then don't get one....

And while you're at it, don't own any sharp objects, poisonous chemicals, sleeping pills, rope, matches, cars or electrical devices. Also, stay away from streets, bridges, airports, train stations, gas stations and areas that have been run by democrats for more than 5 years........... :thup:

Suicides are a lot easier to do with guns. Just like m urders. Why the average citizen shouldn't have them.

Why are you libs so intolerant? Why do you think you can dictate to others how they must live? Why do you think you can ignore the Constitution with impunity?

You have no understanding of tyranny and the history of it. You are nothing more than a lamb ready for slaughter.

Please read and TRY to understand this:
The Second Amendment is about the right of the people to form a militia to fight Federal government tyranny with obviously any guns they already have for personal protection. -David Kramer

Why are you libs so intolerant? Why do you think you can dictate to others how they must live? Why do you think you can ignore the Constitution with impunity?

You have no understanding of tyranny and the history of it. You are nothing more than a lamb ready for slaughter.

The Second Amendment is about the right of the people to form a militia to fight Federal government tyranny with obviously any guns they already have for personal protection. -David Kramer

First, citizens with guns are never going to take on the government and win.

The government has tanks. And Nukes. And drones.

And when the government takes out the gun nuts, most of their neighbors will cheer because they were frightening the children.

Second, the wholesale slaughter of Americans with guns - about 32,000 a year - nullifies any false sense of security you get from them.

And when the government takes out the gun nuts, most of their neighbors will cheer because they were frightening the children.

Second, the wholesale slaughter of Americans with guns - about 32,000 a year - nullifies any false sense of security you get from them.

First I have no intention, plans or desire to take on the government, state highway patrol, sheriff or city cops.

Second some people feel secure when they lock their doors at night or simply turn the porch light on. I have more security than a locked door or night light.

Those in the anti gun states aren't my neighbors. I will cheer when you and those like you are burning in hell.

That first sentence emboldened by me, proves you are completely ignorant of history. There are numerous examples of citizen arms defeating professional armies who had much greater weaponry and training. Ever heard of the American Revolution? More recently, ever heard of the Vietnam War?

Do not feel bad. I have yet to meet a liberal who truly understands history.

And guns have nothing to do with gun deaths in America. Its a cultural thing, but I do not expect you to comprehend. This from the Great Walter Williams might help, but alas, you are likely too far gone...
http://www.creators.com/opinion/walter-williams/cultural-deviancy-not-guns.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back