Everyone is dancing around the truth in the Sandra Bland arrest. What happened is obvious.

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

She committed suicide dumbass.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/us/sandra-blands-autopsy-details-how-she-died.html?_r=0

The Cop was an asshole for pulling the girl over.

But the girl is completely responsible for what happened afterwards.

Cops can be assholes. Is that a news-flash for anybody in here? Seriously, are you THAT stupid and naive?

A Cop pulls you over, for ANY reason, and if you can walk away with a warning ticket, it's a good day.

Immature, juvenile douchebags need to learn how to control their stupid fucking mouths.

Not necessarily because it's a Cop you're being an asshole to, but also because the guy you're being an asshole to has a gun, a taser, a billy club, mace, outweighs and out-muscles you and has the LEGAL RIGHT to beat your fucking ass.

How stupid can you get?

The gene pool is much improved with this cretin out of it

Like I said in a previous post...
I used to drive through Prairie View a couple of times a week,you never speed or break any traffic law in the area because they're known for handing out tickets.
The wacky chick went to college there and she knew damn well what the cops in the area were about.
You and I both know many Blacks have problems with cops because they tend to be exceptionally belligerent, especially the women. So, knowing that, why did this cop exceed the purpose of that traffic stop by telling Bland, whom he probably knew was inclined to belligerence, to put her cigarette out?

The purpose of that stop was to issue a warning or a summons. So why didn't he focus on that purpose, issue a summons and resume patrol, instead of deliberately provoking what he knew very well would be a belligerent response. It is clear that his provocative Mr. Charlie attitude escalated the incident from a simple traffic offense to a volatile ego conflict. Now she's dead, he's suspended, the taxpayers will be paying off a million dollar lawsuit -- and cops all over America, including many who have more sense than to do what he did, will be compromised by the effect of his wholly unnecessary, stupidly authoritarian excess.

So you're saying she should get preferential treatment because she's black?
It's common practice for an officer to have you put out your cigarette..
In fact i've been asked several times to do so over the years.
And the amazing part? I never went to jail over it.

What rule says one cannot smoke in one's own vehicle?

When a cop wants you out of the car he doesn't need a lighted cigarette flicked into his face.
Wow, the cop even said he was going to give her a warning. He asked why she was irritated, she answered politely mind you, she did not cus she said she had tried to get out of his way when he sped up on her. He then said are you done? She said yes you asked why I was irritated and I told you. Then he said do you mind putting out the cigarrette please. He asked her it was not an order and he asked her to do that to provoke her. He knew she was stressed and wanted to get a reaction, she replied why? Then The cop got nasty. The cop did it intentionally and even lied to another officer about her demeanor after the bs arrest. He said she was out of control and all I wanted to do was give her a warning. How can anyone defend this pos cop? Cops do this type of stuff all the time to get a reaction and get an arrest and to provoke so they have something to do. Typical in every police station across the nation. This is police training 101.

I had no idea you could read minds.

"He asked her it was not an order and he asked her to do that to provoke her."

Have you been through police training?

"This is police training 101."
Apparently you have never been approached or pulled over by police. She did nothing unusual or anything I would not have said when I was younger. Now I give them what is required when it is required and say nothing else. They do not like that and it always turns into " let's talk man to man" or "I am just trying to have a conversation with you" They want you to talk. This cop had only been on the beat for one year, he was trying to make a name for himself with the department, his lies about miss bland proove that when he is talking on the recording latter on. Looking at how he was positioned and his reaction to her when she questioned why she was being arrested and notice he did not answer which he was legally obligated to do.

He did ask her to put out the cigarette and he said please. Not a command. So you believe what this cop did was right? That he wasnt provoking her? that she was rude? And he wasn't rude by saying are you done? GTFO of here. You are very gullible and if this is the sort of police officer you like then you need to get with this guy and the McKinley summersault cop and have a pity party!

Let's be real.
Negroes generally are not intelligent enough to know how to behave themselves and therefore habitually get in trouble with authorities. Negroes are not generally raised to have any respect for anyone. Be it a cop or their long-suffering grandma's who got the kids dumped on them by negro girls and young men who have no maternal instincts.
Testorgene levels in young negro men are between 15-19% higher than White young men. Google this scientific fact.
What does high testrogene levels have to do with aggressive behaviour? Gold Star! Yo got it one one!
Add that to a missing allele which affects violent tendencies, endemic HPD, throw in genetically governed endemic narcissistic tendencies and we end up where we are today with the negro race.

I have or should say HAD a black friend who came from a good family. His brother went to Michigan State. He however knocked up this beautiful latino girl and gave her 2 kids. So he had to work to support them, so instead of Walmart he sold drugs. No surprise, he also got hooked on drugs. Ended up robbing a bank, or trying to. LOL. I know whites do it too but why is this so typical? None of the kids he went to highschool with got in trouble like this.

Now some may point to his MSU brother. He got hooked on drugs too. What didn't his parents do right? They were just too slick for their own good. Maybe this is a result of 400 years of slavery and oppression? Maybe it hasn't been bred out of them. Maybe it'll take a few more generations.

Oh, and Detroit is a crime zone. Have you been seeing all the shootings lately? Even blacks are asking what the f*#K?

Like I said in a previous post...
I used to drive through Prairie View a couple of times a week,you never speed or break any traffic law in the area because they're known for handing out tickets.
The wacky chick went to college there and she knew damn well what the cops in the area were about.
You and I both know many Blacks have problems with cops because they tend to be exceptionally belligerent, especially the women. So, knowing that, why did this cop exceed the purpose of that traffic stop by telling Bland, whom he probably knew was inclined to belligerence, to put her cigarette out?

The purpose of that stop was to issue a warning or a summons. So why didn't he focus on that purpose, issue a summons and resume patrol, instead of deliberately provoking what he knew very well would be a belligerent response. It is clear that his provocative Mr. Charlie attitude escalated the incident from a simple traffic offense to a volatile ego conflict. Now she's dead, he's suspended, the taxpayers will be paying off a million dollar lawsuit -- and cops all over America, including many who have more sense than to do what he did, will be compromised by the effect of his wholly unnecessary, stupidly authoritarian excess.

It's common practice for an officer to have you put out your cigarette..
In fact i've been asked several times to do so over the years.
And the amazing part? I never went to jail over it.
Lets see.

a. Blacks want a society where it's ok to be a bitch or ass to a cop. Then cry that they get more tickets than whites. Maybe whites aren't rude to cops when they pull them over.

b. White people want cops to be treated with respect. Same way you'd treat your boss, mother or a judge.

When a cop wants you out of the car he doesn't need a lighted cigarette flicked into his face.
Wow, the cop even said he was going to give her a warning. He asked why she was irritated, she answered politely mind you, she did not cus she said she had tried to get out of his way when he sped up on her. He then said are you done? She said yes you asked why I was irritated and I told you. Then he said do you mind putting out the cigarrette please. He asked her it was not an order and he asked her to do that to provoke her. He knew she was stressed and wanted to get a reaction, she replied why? Then The cop got nasty. The cop did it intentionally and even lied to another officer about her demeanor after the bs arrest. He said she was out of control and all I wanted to do was give her a warning. How can anyone defend this pos cop? Cops do this type of stuff all the time to get a reaction and get an arrest and to provoke so they have something to do. Typical in every police station across the nation. This is police training 101.

Apparently you have never been approached or pulled over by police. She did nothing unusual or anything I would not have said when I was younger. Now I give them what is required when it is required and say nothing else. They do not like that and it always turns into " let's talk man to man" or "I am just trying to have a conversation with you" They want you to talk. This cop had only been on the beat for one year, he was trying to make a name for himself with the department, his lies about miss bland proove that when he is talking on the recording latter on. Looking at how he was positioned and his reaction to her when she questioned why she was being arrested and notice he did not answer which he was legally obligated to do.

He did ask her to put out the cigarette and he said please. Not a command. So you believe what this cop did was right? That he wasnt provoking her? that she was rude? And he wasn't rude by saying are you done? GTFO of here. You are very gullible and if this is the sort of police officer you like then you need to get with this guy and the McKinley summersault cop and have a pity party!

I have been pulled over and when the cop came to my window and told me what I had done wrong I told him this was a bunch of BS. He sort of grinned and told me everyone is entitled to their own opinion while he was writing me a ticket.

The cop that stopped Sandra Bland was merely doing his job. Once again, when did you take police training 101?

No the cop should lose his job and the city will probably settle a lawsuit with the family. We're just saying black people don't know how to talk to police officers. You don't screw with cops. Yes sir no sir.

The cop shouldn't lose his job. He might be encouraged to use his time more wisely, however. Catch speeders not those who happen to change lanes without signalling.

A friend of mine got stopped for drunk driving, He had his window up when the officer approached his door. The officer knocked in the window, my friend did not respond. The officer knocked again. My friend rolled the window down and said to the cop, "I'll have a Big Mac, fries and chocolate shake." He got a DUI.

Just thought we needed a little levity here.

A friend of mine got stopped for drunk driving, He had his window up when the officer approached his door. The officer knocked in the window, my friend did not respond. The officer knocked again. My friend rolled the window down and said to the cop, "I'll have a Big Mac, fries and chocolate shake." He got a DUI.

A friend of mine got stopped after he had run over and killed a young mother and her ten year old daughter as they were crossing the street. My friend blasted through a red light and the little girl was decapitated.
My friend is never going to order a Big Mac again. My friend murdered two innocent people b/c he was a fucking narcissistic fucking pig who always believed all the rules never applied to him.

A friend of mine got stopped after he had run over and killed a young mother and her ten year old daughter as they were crossing the street. My friend blasted through a red light and the little girl was decapitated.
My friend is never going to order a Big Mac again. My friend murdered two innocent people b/c he was a fucking narcissistic fucking pig who always believed all the rules never applied to him.
Sad, sad, horrible story. Sorry for my story.

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

cant we just call this late term abortion so the left can get their support around it?

No. I'm saying the cop should have more sense than to provoke unnecessary encounters.

He pulled that woman over to issue a warning or a summons. He knows that no one likes being stopped by a cop and that the emotional effect of that experience ranges from nervous annoyance to festering anger. So why didn't he just issue the warning, or write the summons, say good day and be on his way? Why did he take the step which he knew would provoke an angry and/or belligerent response from this woman?

Was it racism, or authoritarian ego compulsion, or both?
Regardless of which or what, he is paid to enforce traffic laws by issuing warnings or summonses -- not for exercising his racial disposition or his ego -- which is exactly what he did. Now she is dead, he is suspended, the taxpayers will pay the price for it and sensible cops all over America will be compromised by another clearly unnecessary Black death incident.

It's common practice for an officer to have you put out your cigarette.
Really? What else is it common practice for cops to do? The obvious question is, WHY? Is smoking cigarettes against the law? Is smoking in one's car illegal? Having no further enforcement concern than a minor traffic offense, does a cop have a legal right to order the recipient of a warning or a summons to put his/her cigarette out? The answer is no -- even if the redundant order is softened by the word, please. It's still an implicit order.

So why do they do it. In this example we have a basic nobody, a yokel who were it not for civil service would be delivering packages for FedEx or flipping burgers. Now he's equipped with the ability to intimidate some nervous or pissed-off individual with the choice between receiving a traffic warning or a summons in exchange for the simple price of kissing his ass by not telling him where to go.

In fact i've been asked several times to do so over the years. And the amazing part? I never went to jail over it.
I think most people submit to these small-minded nobodies-with-badges because a warning is a better choice than a summons. Unless I am in a particularly bad mood I probably would submit, too. But sooner or later a Sandra Bland will come along, challenge the excess, the shit will hit the fan and a lot of innocent people will be compromised because of it.

I think we can rest assured this cop's supervisor has told the rest of his subordinates to knock off the extraneous, "put the cigarette out," nonsense. In fact, quite a few chickens have been coming home to roost where excessive conduct by police is concerned and the public is beginning to tire of it.

I think it would be a good idea to remove police discretion as to whether to issue a warning or a summons. I believe that should depend on the offenders past driving record and nothing else.

Last edited:
The cop that stopped Sandra Bland was merely doing his job. Once again, when did you take police training 101?
Telling a driver who is smoking in his/car to put out the cigarette is not part of his job. There is no law against smoking in a car.

This cop's actions were excessive, which is why he's been suspended.

Telling a driver who is smoking in his/car to put out the cigarette is not part of his job. There is no law against smoking in a car.

It's because many cops had cigarettes flicked in their faces. It's for their safety.

Fanning the flames as usual.....
The cop was going to write her a warning and let her go. SHE escalated the situation. She was uncooperative. Case closed.

Fanning the flames as usual.....
The cop was going to write her a warning and let her go. SHE escalated the situation. She was uncooperative. Case closed.

Yes and her autopsy report came out that she had a large amount of THC in her system.

Wrong. The Cop has every right to take complete control of the situation. All aspects. It is proper procedure to eliminate any unnecessary movements and distractions. A cigarette or cigar can be sued as a weapon as well. The suspect can throw or project that tobacco product into the eyes of the officer.
Her uncooperative and belligerent attitude is what got her arrested.

Forum List

Back