Evolution Is Not A Theory..........................

Aren't you the one that thinks Hank Johnson is not ignorant? Yes you are, if that is the case you need to stop defending science because you are giving science a bad name.

You obviously don't understand what is meant by "ignorant" on that thread. It's the same sort of thing as you are exhibiting here: a stubborn insistence, right in the face of mountains of proof, that one's clearly and obviously false beliefs are true. Not only did that video of Johnson not show that, but it COULDN'T show that as there was no proof offered to Johnson that he was wrong about the possibility of an island tipping over due to excess population. If that proof was shown to him, and THEN he continued to insist that it was a real danger, he would be showing ignorance of the Republican sort.

Or, I might add, of the creationist sort. They are quite similar.
Sooooooo, thinking an island can tip over is not ignorance, even though most grammar school children learn what an island is.

I think I can safely assume that Hank attended grammar school.

So, yes; that is ignorance. Hank learned what an island is in grammar school and as an adult he thinks an island can capsize.

:rolleyes:

Aren't you the one that thinks Hank Johnson is not ignorant? Yes you are, if that is the case you need to stop defending science because you are giving science a bad name.

You obviously don't understand what is meant by "ignorant" on that thread. It's the same sort of thing as you are exhibiting here: a stubborn insistence, right in the face of mountains of proof, that one's clearly and obviously false beliefs are true. Not only did that video of Johnson not show that, but it COULDN'T show that as there was no proof offered to Johnson that he was wrong about the possibility of an island tipping over due to excess population. If that proof was shown to him, and THEN he continued to insist that it was a real danger, he would be showing ignorance of the Republican sort.

Or, I might add, of the creationist sort. They are quite similar.
Sooooooo, thinking an island can tip over is not ignorance, even though most grammar school children learn what an island is.

I think I can safely assume that Hank attended grammar school.

So, yes; that is ignorance. Hank learned what an island is in grammar school and as an adult he thinks an island can capsize.

:rolleyes:

LOL...don't tell them that the Hawaiian Islands are well rooted on the floor of the Pacific ocean and still have two of the tallest mountains in the world. Mauna Kea is 13796 ft above sea level and add to that the depth of the Pacific Ocean.

By proper use of the word, it is. But it's obvious that on that thread, the word was being misused to mean stubborn, don't-confuse-me-with-facts-my-mind-is-made-up dogmatic thinking that is, and is determined to remain, completely out of touch with reality. That is not what Henry was displaying.

The OP should have chosen another word, but I knew what was meant. You have the background to understand it, too. I have my doubts that any unscientific religious dogmatist can grok it, though.

By proper use of the word, it is. But it's obvious that on that thread, the word was being misused to mean stubborn, don't-confuse-me-with-facts-my-mind-is-made-up dogmatic thinking that is, and is determined to remain, completely out of touch with reality. That is not what Henry was displaying.

The OP should have chosen another word, but I knew what was meant. You have the background to understand it, too. I have my doubts that any unscientific religious dogmatist can grok it, though.

Stop defending the idiot, it makes you sound just as idiotic trying to defend him.

Bullshit.

Definition of ignorance: Lack of knowledge or information.

When someone believes that an island can capsize, they certainly lack knowledge of islands.

:lol:

Definitions are not relative, except to those who dream of running the Department of Truth.

[Bullshit.

It's not bullshit, and you're arguing disingenuously. Please stop lying.

Definitions ARE relative. Words are just tags. They mean whatever we want them to mean, and as long as what's intended is understood -- and as long as no one makes use of ambiguity, as you are doing here, to pretend you don't understand what you do understand damned well in order to make a deceptive point -- no harm is done by unorthodox meaning.

Define defending and accusing?

Defending him would be saying he was right when he believed overpopulation could capsize an island.

Accusing you is saying you have no understanding of science and no grasp of reality.

Simple enough, I should think.

[Bullshit.

It's not bullshit, and you're arguing disingenuously. Please stop lying.

Definitions ARE relative. Words are just tags. They mean whatever we want them to mean, and as long as what's intended is understood -- and as long as no one makes use of ambiguity, as you are doing here, to pretend you don't understand what you do understand damned well in order to make a deceptive point -- no harm is done by unorthodox meaning.

You really are pathetic sometimes.

You want to say that thinking an island is going to capsize is not demonstrating a lack of knowledge on the subject of islands, you can do so.

It won't make you right, but I bet you feel better.

You want to say that thinking an island is going to capsize is not demonstrating a lack of knowledge on the subject of islands.

Not only have I NOT done that, you KNOW I haven't done that, which means you are lying again.

Fuck off, twit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg]3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Nope, Hank CAN'T be ignorant about islands when he thinks they can capsize.

Nope, not at all.

He is both ignorant AND an utter idiot, in reality.

You want to say that thinking an island is going to capsize is not demonstrating a lack of knowledge on the subject of islands.

Not only have I NOT done that, you KNOW I haven't done that, which means you are lying again.

Fuck off, twit.
You said that Hank is not ignorant when he says an island can capsize.

Liar.

Right here, you lying sack of shit:

Ignorance = lack of knowledge or information on a subject.

Last edited:
Define defending and accusing?

Defending him would be saying he was right when he believed overpopulation could capsize an island.

Accusing you is saying you have no understanding of science and no grasp of reality.

Simple enough, I should think.

I am saying that Hank Johnson is an idiot for making the suggestion that the island would tip over. So you are accusing me of calling hank Johnson an idiot for saying what he said without science to support what I say? Dude you are just as stupid as Hank Johnson for accusing me that way. When you say
I have no understanding of science and no grasp of reality.
Are you saying you agree with Hank? It does not take a science degree to know that an Island will not tip over because it has to many people on it.:cuckoo:

How did scientists prove God does not exist?

Everything that cannot be studied and tested does not exist in the minds of scientists.

You know perfectly well that isn't what the dispute is about, which means you're lying again.

Fuck off, twit. You deserve, and will receive, no respect whatsoever when you behave like such a complete ass.

[You said that Hank is not ignorant when he says an island can capsize.

No, I did not, any more than calling the former president a Bush is implying that he drops leaves all over the place.

What's more, you know that perfectly well, and are only pretending to get it confused. You're lying. You disgust me.

You know perfectly well that isn't what the dispute is about, which means you're lying again.

Fuck off, twit. You deserve, and will receive, no respect whatsoever when you behave like such a complete ass.

That's exactly what it's about. Hank said that the island of Guam would tip over if it was over populated.

No I don't know anything of the sort.

Your lack of ability to clearly articulate much of anything without having to resort to redefining English words is clear, though.

Hank is both an idiot and ignorant.

Your claim otherwise is stunning.

That's exactly what it's about.

YOU, I believe are honestly confused. Si Modo is not. She, unlike you, has a scientific background and knows EXACTLY what the OP on that thread meant by "ignorance."

You are not lying, you are just wrong.

She is lying.

Forum List

Back