EVs are not selling well. Dealers are upset

Can't wait for Newsom's Electric Vehicle mandate, which begins phasing out fossil fuel vehicle sales in 2026, to fully mature in 2035. California dealers will no longer be able to sell new fossil fuel vehicles after this point.

The fully loaded, Ford 150 Lightning is 100K+ and probably more in California.
I bought a brand new 1975 Monte Carlo with all the accessories for $5,000. The price of vehicles goes up every year. Get used to it.

I'm in Atlanta, the South, and I see EVS and hybrids all over the place.

Couple years ago, I was speaking to the serviceman at well-known auto brand in a well-known suburb and he told me that they're selling like crazy.
You probably misunderstood him he probably said "they're selling to the crazy"

I bought a brand new 1975 Monte Carlo with all the accessories for $5,000. The price of vehicles goes up every year I. Get used to it.
Why? Why would a consumer pay substantially more for a vehicle that produces lackluster results compared to traditional vehicles? Your 1975 Monte Carlo will last longer, drive much longer distances, cost less to maintenance, refuel at a robust network of gas stations, etc ...

What is the return on investment for an electric vehicle? It makes you feel good cause "you're doing your part?" lol

I'm in Atlanta, the South, and I see EVS and hybrids all over the place.

Couple years ago, I was speaking to the serviceman at well-known auto brand in a well-known suburb and he told me that they're selling like crazy.
A couple years ago isn't today and sales are on a downward trend. Better update your serviceman.

Why? Why would a consumer pay substantially more for a vehicle that produces lackluster results compared to traditional vehicles? Your 1975 Monte Carlo will last longer, drive much longer distances, cost less to maintenance, refuel at a robust network of gas stations, etc ...

What is the return on investment for an electric vehicle? It makes you feel good cause "you're doing your part?" lol
It was a piece of shit. Totally worn out at 85,000. My diesel pickup has more than 370,000 and still going strong. Vehicles are always getting better, and EVs will be no different.

In 20 years we will still be looking at cool gas powered muscle cars at car shows, and then we will get in our electric car to go home.
At my age of 85, from your typing to Gods ears. I must face a fact that few of my age survive another 20 years. But kiddies, try to recall who is forcing you into electric cars. The Democrats and this proves more and more they are authoritarians. You have no clue what other plans they will force you to obey them on. This is a tip of an iceberg.

It turns out Dealers got far too many EVS to sell and buyers are holding back. While the ICE cars are in high demand. Seems the people believing in EVs have bought all that are available to those folks. Meanwhile Tesla keeps dropping prices praying it works.
[MEDIA]

Our governor just issued a mandate that all state vehicles must be all electric by 2035. And that is on top of her mandates for draconian restrictions on all new vehicles sold in New Mexico beginning in just three years:

"Model Year 2027 vehicles sold in 2026 must be 43% zero-emissions, a percentage that progressively increases until 2031 when 82% of Model Year 2032 cars sold in the state must be zero-emissions."

Meanwhile a recent Manhattan Institute Study notes that all the world's collective efforts, including the most draconian of mandates, have not lowered the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere by a single particle. The climate remains unaffected which really begs the question: did anybody ever expect it to make a difference or was this all part of a NWO program, among others, to take control of the people? They never cared about anybody's economic situation or quality of life?

The free market has always managed to come up with innovations in transportation and energy that met the needs of the people. Governments have always managed to miss the mark when they try to do that.

It was a piece of shit. Totally worn out at 85,000. My diesel pickup has more than 370,000 and still going strong. Vehicles are always getting better, and EVs will be no different.
Maybe to you the ICE is flawed but the fact is that batteries are the wrong path to follow.

EV's suffer from high price. They also suffer poor to zero towing capability. Doesn't matter how much you push EV's, 1/3rd of motorists who can't charge from home, simply can't charge an EV from home. Public charge points are scarce, many broken, and costly. All vehicles are fire risks, EV fires are ferocious and difficult to put out. Battery weight kills mileage range in vans and trucks, plus the payload is reduced, thus pushing up haulage prices.

An EV is a 17% to 30% co2 saving compared to an ICE vehicle. Not much is it for a pile of electric junk.

Our governor just issued a mandate that all state vehicles must be all electric by 2035. And that is on top of her mandates for draconian restrictions on all new vehicles sold in New Mexico beginning in just three years:

"Model Year 2027 vehicles sold in 2026 must be 43% zero-emissions, a percentage that progressively increases until 2031 when 82% of Model Year 2032 cars sold in the state must be zero-emissions."

Meanwhile a recent Manhattan Institute Study notes that all the world's collective efforts, including the most draconian of mandates, have not lowered the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere by a single particle. The climate remains unaffected which really begs the question: did anybody ever expect it to make a difference or was this all part of a NWO program, among others, to take control of the people? They never cared about anybody's economic situation or quality of life?

The free market has always managed to come up with innovations in transportation and energy that met the needs of the people. Governments have always managed to miss the mark when they try to do that.
This is the shit you can expect from Democrats. They are lying out their mouths that this changes climate. Ask any of them if man controls climate. The standard reply is man does not. Why? Because they laughed at Trumps ideas of controlling hurricanes with nuclear bombs.

At my age of 85, from your typing to Gods ears. I must face a fact that few of my age survive another 20 years. But kiddies, try to recall who is forcing you into electric cars. The Democrats and this proves more and more they are authoritarians. You have no clue what other plans they will force you to obey them on. This is a tip of an iceberg.
Quit whining. You sad the same goofy shit about seatbelts, lightbulbs, and lead plumbing.

The car manufacturers and other experts n the field disagree with you.
Not true. Hydrogen fuel cell cars are quiet, very energy efficient, produce no emissions and have equivalent range and performance to gasoline counterparts.

Forum List

Back