🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Examples of why you can't tust Liberals with "reasonable" gun control

Such as?

And many Americans today are likewise prepared to be a soldier in defense of the nation. The difference is that today our soldiers don't have to bring their own guns to the fight.

Such as? Really? You really think that people owning semiautomatic rifles with a pistol grip & magazine is the single biggest problem facing our nation?

I think that when, in 2012, for instance, there were 8,855 total firearm-related homicides in the US, with 6,371 of those attributed to handguns, it is a huge problem. I think that when a 20 year old man walks into an elementary school and kills children with an assault weapon, and we see this kind of thing repeated over and over again all across the county, it is a huge problem. Ignore it or justify it all you want, but when you do, count yourself as part of the problem.

I think when we have over 65 million private gun owners, and less than 9,000 murders, you should look at the peoplecommitting the crimes. If the guns were the actual reason for the crimes, then why aren't there more.

If all the murders were committed by legally owned firearms (and we KNOW that is not accurate), then that still means only 0.014% of gun owners killed someone. Or 99.986% of gun owners have killed anyone.

If 99.986% of gun owners aren't killing people, the problem is not with the firearms but with the people.

If only we could do something about mental health. Given the recent health care fight I don't see that happening. That was just the talk to distract away from guns.

I agree. We need to be better at treating the mentally ill.

Who pays for that treatment?

The far left wants that, the side you support and voted for twice..

The rampant possession of firearms in this country has taken, and continues to take a terrible toll in lives. Now, unless you can come up with a viable solution that addresses that toll, I will continue to hold that we need to get rid of them altogether. But hey, that's just me.

you mean the 1.6 million times a year, on average that guns are used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives? Vs. 8-9,000 gun murders mainly committed by hang members in democrat controlled inner cities......

I hope you learned a little basic math in whatever government school that was controlled by the education wing of the democrat party that you attended......because 1.6 million is bigger than 8-9,000.....

Sooo....good people with guns are a positive not a negative....

Except the 1.6 million is made up. And Kleck admits that most defenders are involved in criminal behavior.

No he didn't....quit lying Brain....

Only one lying is you Bill
Kleck:
"This is true because DGUs typically involve criminal behavior, such as unlawful gun possession, by the gun-using victim, who therefore is often unwilling to report the incident."

I would be curious to know how he came up with that information.

Such as?

And many Americans today are likewise prepared to be a soldier in defense of the nation. The difference is that today our soldiers don't have to bring their own guns to the fight.

Such as? Really? You really think that people owning semiautomatic rifles with a pistol grip & magazine is the single biggest problem facing our nation?

I think that when, in 2012, for instance, there were 8,855 total firearm-related homicides in the US, with 6,371 of those attributed to handguns, it is a huge problem. I think that when a 20 year old man walks into an elementary school and kills children with an assault weapon, and we see this kind of thing repeated over and over again all across the county, it is a huge problem. Ignore it or justify it all you want, but when you do, count yourself as part of the problem.

I think when we have over 65 million private gun owners, and less than 9,000 murders, you should look at the peoplecommitting the crimes. If the guns were the actual reason for the crimes, then why aren't there more.

If all the murders were committed by legally owned firearms (and we KNOW that is not accurate), then that still means only 0.014% of gun owners killed someone. Or 99.986% of gun owners have killed anyone.

If 99.986% of gun owners aren't killing people, the problem is not with the firearms but with the people.

If only we could do something about mental health. Given the recent health care fight I don't see that happening. That was just the talk to distract away from guns.

Don't think there is any way to make that happen though. Sad when some of the mass shooters were practically asking to be stopped and nothing was done.

I won't have to.

You wouldn't be able to nor do you have the guts to try pussy.

Really? He is talking about changing the laws, and then he is challenged to come and get the guns himself? And since he would not be in a position to be the person who enforces these new laws, you call him a pussy? Really?

And you wonder why people get pissed off at gun people? It is this "I won guns, so I am a badass and you are a pussy" mentality that a few keep spouting.

You want guns? Cool. Follow the rules and use them safely. Have a modicum of respect for the rest of the world, whether they show you any or not. That is what is needed. Not this "A gun is the best answer for everything"!

And I am a gun owner, shooter, and vehement defender of the 2nd Amendment. But jeez, lighten up with the bullshit. Make them look like the crazy ones.

He's talking about something the 2nd Amendment gives me the right to have taken away. My challenge to him, if you read it, was that if he thought so, he should personally put it into effect.

Anyone that wants to ban guns, like he does, has already shown he's crazy. I need do nothing else.

One thing I can guarantee you son is if I said I didn't think you should have something you have a right to own, I'd be the one to take it from you. I wouldn't be a puss like him and say it should happen then expect someone else to do it for me.

I follow the rules with gun ownership. What he is proposing is that the rules I've followed be made more stringent to fulfill some concept that by banning them, it will prevent those who would misuse them from doing so.

And he believes that assault rifles are a problem. I am sure he is supporting candidates that promise to fight to ban them. He isn't going to personally go around and collect them all up. He sounds like he is wanting to bring back the ban that Clinton put into effect.

Just like I worked to have the 10 Commandments monument removed from the Alabama Supreme Courthouse lobby. I am not a pussy because I didn't drive a forklift over myself. I worked within the system.

But my point is this nonsense of calling people pussys because they don't agree with you but are not going door to door to collect guns is bullshit. First off, be as active and work to protect our rights. And second, the name calling does the cause more harm than it does your image good. Internet badassery is always comical, son.

Read his posts. He is for banning ALL guns not just assault rifles.

If you actually did something to get something banned, while I may disagree with you about banning them, you actually DID something. He is saying it should be done and simply voting for those that would do it isn't doing anything. That is passive.

It isn't that he disagrees with me, it's that he says something should be done and isn't personally willing to do anything but run his mouth.

That you consider me an internet badass is comical BOY.

What, exactly, do you think I should do about it? I used to own a .22 marlin, but sold it many years ago. I no longer own guns or support their ownership. I am under no delusion that I can do much to change the situation other than talk to people about it, and not own them myself.

The rampant possession of firearms in this country has taken, and continues to take a terrible toll in lives. Now, unless you can come up with a viable solution that addresses that toll, I will continue to hold that we need to get rid of them altogether. But hey, that's just me.

you mean the 1.6 million times a year, on average that guns are used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives? Vs. 8-9,000 gun murders mainly committed by hang members in democrat controlled inner cities......

I hope you learned a little basic math in whatever government school that was controlled by the education wing of the democrat party that you attended......because 1.6 million is bigger than 8-9,000.....

Sooo....good people with guns are a positive not a negative....

Except the 1.6 million is made up. And Kleck admits that most defenders are involved in criminal behavior.

No he didn't....quit lying Brain....

Only one lying is you Bill
Kleck:
"This is true because DGUs typically involve criminal behavior, such as unlawful gun possession, by the gun-using victim, who therefore is often unwilling to report the incident."

I would be curious to know how he came up with that information.

Well he did the big survey so I'm assuming that is something based on the positive responses he received. It's really not too surprising though given the problems we have with armed criminals. If you run in those groups you are much more likely to need to defend yourself.

If necessary, we the tax paying public do. Why is it that we can give tax breaks to every big and profitable corporation, fly our politicians all over the place, spend millions naming streets and bridges after people, spend billions on wars, spend billions on keeping people in prison, but worry about spending money to get mentally ill people the help they need to make the productive members of society? Or at least prevent them from becoming a hazard to the public.

When should I expect you to personally come and try to take it?

I won't have to.

Really? He is talking about changing the laws, and then he is challenged to come and get the guns himself? And since he would not be in a position to be the person who enforces these new laws, you call him a pussy? Really?

And you wonder why people get pissed off at gun people? It is this "I won guns, so I am a badass and you are a pussy" mentality that a few keep spouting.

You want guns? Cool. Follow the rules and use them safely. Have a modicum of respect for the rest of the world, whether they show you any or not. That is what is needed. Not this "A gun is the best answer for everything"!

And I am a gun owner, shooter, and vehement defender of the 2nd Amendment. But jeez, lighten up with the bullshit. Make them look like the crazy ones.

I see that sort of thing all too often. I don't think it is going to ever change without new laws. which is yet another reason why I support stronger gun control measures.

Oh please. The fact that he called you a pussy is not a reason for stricter gun laws. He doesn't respect your political views? So what? That is a reason for stricter gun laws? Your side is just as guilty as his. Both are prone to name calling and bullshit.

You misunderstand my stand. It is this highly negative attitude that pervades the gun cult in this country that I find disturbing. When someone with a gun calls me a pussy, I tend to take their insults a bit more personally. If I do some name calling, you can be pretty sure I don't have a gun somewhere backing up my language.

If necessary, we the tax paying public do. Why is it that we can give tax breaks to every big and profitable corporation, fly our politicians all over the place, spend millions naming streets and bridges after people, spend billions on wars, spend billions on keeping people in prison, but worry about spending money to get mentally ill people the help they need to make the productive members of society? Or at least prevent them from becoming a hazard to the public.

That is a very good question. It would seem that is something we should be able to do...

I won't have to.

He's talking about something the 2nd Amendment gives me the right to have taken away. My challenge to him, if you read it, was that if he thought so, he should personally put it into effect.

Anyone that wants to ban guns, like he does, has already shown he's crazy. I need do nothing else.

One thing I can guarantee you son is if I said I didn't think you should have something you have a right to own, I'd be the one to take it from you. I wouldn't be a puss like him and say it should happen then expect someone else to do it for me.

I follow the rules with gun ownership. What he is proposing is that the rules I've followed be made more stringent to fulfill some concept that by banning them, it will prevent those who would misuse them from doing so.

And he believes that assault rifles are a problem. I am sure he is supporting candidates that promise to fight to ban them. He isn't going to personally go around and collect them all up. He sounds like he is wanting to bring back the ban that Clinton put into effect.

Just like I worked to have the 10 Commandments monument removed from the Alabama Supreme Courthouse lobby. I am not a pussy because I didn't drive a forklift over myself. I worked within the system.

But my point is this nonsense of calling people pussys because they don't agree with you but are not going door to door to collect guns is bullshit. First off, be as active and work to protect our rights. And second, the name calling does the cause more harm than it does your image good. Internet badassery is always comical, son.

If you actually did something to get something banned, while I may disagree with you about banning them, you actually DID something. He is saying it should be done and simply voting for those that would do it isn't doing anything. That is passive.

It isn't that he disagrees with me, it's that he says something should be done and isn't personally willing to do anything but run his mouth.

Junior, you are the one who called him a pussy because he wants laws passed to ban assault weapons and would leave the collection of the guns up to the authorities.

That is ridiculous. And yes, you calling someone a pussy for not going door to door to collect guns is being an internet badass.

And voting for someone is actively working towards a goal. If enough people do it, laws get passed like Clinton's assault weapons ban. It accomplished nothing. But it was passed.

I won't have to.

I see that sort of thing all too often. I don't think it is going to ever change without new laws. which is yet another reason why I support stronger gun control measures.

Oh please. The fact that he called you a pussy is not a reason for stricter gun laws. He doesn't respect your political views? So what? That is a reason for stricter gun laws? Your side is just as guilty as his. Both are prone to name calling and bullshit.

You misunderstand my stand. It is this highly negative attitude that pervades the gun cult in this country that I find disturbing. When someone with a gun calls me a pussy, I tend to take their insults a bit more personally. If I do some name calling, you can be pretty sure I don't have a gun somewhere backing up my language.

It's people like you that supports banning guns in direct opposition to the Constitution that I have a problem with. If I challenge you to come and get what you say I shouldn't have, you can be damn sure I won't need a gun to keep you from getting it.

I won't have to.

So he insulted you. And? How does that equate to a need for stricter gun laws?

I won't have to.

It happens all the time usually by the same people who bring nothing good to the conversation. If you discuss stuff with Winterborn you can get a good discussion. Many others are pretty questionable. Bill is very pro gun but uses studies and statistics and is very civil. But there are plenty who just think name calling is a way of winning an discussion. And like Winterborn said there are guilty parties on both sides.

Junior, you are the one who called him a pussy because he wants laws passed to ban assault weapons and would leave the collection of the guns up to the authorities.

That is ridiculous. And yes, you calling someone a pussy for not going door to door to collect guns is being an internet badass.

And voting for someone is actively working towards a goal. If enough people do it, laws get passed like Clinton's assault weapons ban. It accomplished nothing. But it was passed.

He wants laws passed to ban guns period. I called him a pussy because despite his claim that they should be, he isn't man enough to take action himself. That's a pussy.

Voting involves very little effort. If you think that's action, I highly doubt you did anything but run your damn mouth about the 10 Commandments in Alabama.

Really? How do you think our founding fathers would respond to the average Joe owning assault weapons?

I think they would not be as worried about that as they would about many, many other things.

Such as?

In their day the citizenry was prepared to be a soldier in defense of the nation (or to start one). And the entire "assault weapons" thing is mostly cosmetics. I recall that the original ban had several criteria, including the ability to mount a bayonet. Like bayonets are a big problem.

it isn't repeated all across the country...in fact, there hasn't been an increase in these shootings...and it would help a lot if we got rid of gun free killing zones for crazies....

Really?

Since 2006, there have been more than 200 mass killings in the United States. If there has been no increase, then what you are saying is that it has been horrendous all along, we just didn't realize it. You can't have it both ways.

USA TODAY BEHIND THE BLOODSHED THE UNTOLD STORY OF AMERICA S MASS KILLINGS

I'm not a psychologist
No shit.

but I know that there's a reason people do things and the only one that makes sense for you is that you'd like to own a gun, but can't because you're a felon or you beat your girl and the law prevents you from having guns. Your pitched hatred of gun ownership and advocacy speaks volumes more than your claim to be a gun owner. It says you're bitter, jealous of us who have guns while you can't. Nothing else explains the seeming dichotomy of your love-hate regard for gun rights.

You and eatmorchicken have had a rough day of it. I can tell. I think your widdle feelings have been hurt. Is that true?

Hey mabe you and eatmor can set up a psychology/gun shop.

Saintmikeeatmorechick drive by internet psychology and gun shop. It has a good ring to it, don't cha think?

But its has been funny the things I have been projected to be. I've gone from a friendless felon to a girl friend (my wife's gonna be mad) beating, gun owner hating drug dealing something or other. I can't remember all of them.
But I think your on line psychology diagnosis work needs a little bit more work on the accuracy part. I hope you can hit what you aim at with a gun better than the shots you have taken at me. You missed on all of them LMAO.

You guys are a lot of fun. Really. What are you gonna make up about me tomorrow? Save some ammo for later is always good advice.
>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<
an old saying comes to mind in all the posts you have made in this topic and the above statement tells me you are:

"laughing on the outside.., crying on the inside"

That is a very good question. It would seem that is something we should be able to do...[/QUOTE

Don't you mean those of us that actually pay the taxes that would fund it being forced to give something else to a non-contributor to society. There comes a time when society has done enough and those like you that want things done fund it yourself. I pay enough in taxes. It's high time I get to keep more of it for ME instead of something else being put in place to take it.

You sure seem willing to spend someone else's money so easily. Spend your own.

He wants laws passed to ban guns period. I called him a pussy because despite his claim that they should be, he isn't man enough to take action himself. That's a pussy.

Voting involves very little effort. If you think that's action, I highly doubt you did anything but run your damn mouth about the 10 Commandments in Alabama.

In this country we vote. This isn't some place where the strongest make all the laws. And even if somebody can't take something from you that doesn't mean you are right.

I think they would not be as worried about that as they would about many, many other things.

Such as?

In their day the citizenry was prepared to be a soldier in defense of the nation (or to start one). And the entire "assault weapons" thing is mostly cosmetics. I recall that the original ban had several criteria, including the ability to mount a bayonet. Like bayonets are a big problem.

it isn't repeated all across the country...in fact, there hasn't been an increase in these shootings...and it would help a lot if we got rid of gun free killing zones for crazies....

Really?

Since 2006, there have been more than 200 mass killings in the United States. If there has been no increase, then what you are saying is that it has been horrendous all along, we just didn't realize it. You can't have it both ways.

USA TODAY BEHIND THE BLOODSHED THE UNTOLD STORY OF AMERICA S MASS KILLINGS

How many took place in locations where gun free zones prohibited someone from even having a gun there?

It's people like you that supports banning guns in direct opposition to the Constitution that I have a problem with. If I challenge you to come and get what you say I shouldn't have, you can be damn sure I won't need a gun to keep you from getting it.

And you wonder why so many people want them banned.

There are 65 million gun owners in the US. I guess if he started now he could knock on every one of their doors in about 1,000 years.

What you doubt is not really relevant. I helped create and distribute petitions, got calling lists of senators and representatives out to people, and sent emails and letters to various news outlets to make sure the story didn't die.

Exactly what action do you suggest that he, as a law abiding citizen should take to further his goal of banning guns? You know, a method that is manly and not like a pussy.

Forum List

Back