🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Examples of why you can't tust Liberals with "reasonable" gun control

Some nut shoots 6 people and the lefties want a law banning magazines with more than 5 bullets. Some nut shoots 7 people and they want a ban on magazines with more than 6 bullets. Shoot 10 and the left responds with a ban of 10 bullet magazines. Always chasing the irrelevant circumstances of gun violence instead of addressing the real causes.

Would you rather see a ban on gun sales altogether?

The far left wants that, the side you support and voted for twice..

The rampant possession of firearms in this country has taken, and continues to take a terrible toll in lives. Now, unless you can come up with a viable solution that addresses that toll, I will continue to hold that we need to get rid of them altogether. But hey, that's just me.

the guns don't take people's lives. Its the criminals that use them.

yeah, yeah, blah blah. I've heard it before.

Some nut shoots 6 people and the lefties want a law banning magazines with more than 5 bullets. Some nut shoots 7 people and they want a ban on magazines with more than 6 bullets. Shoot 10 and the left responds with a ban of 10 bullet magazines. Always chasing the irrelevant circumstances of gun violence instead of addressing the real causes.

The rampant possession of firearms in this country has taken, and continues to take a terrible toll in lives. Now, unless you can come up with a viable solution that addresses that toll, I will continue to hold that we need to get rid of them altogether. But hey, that's just me.

you've heard it before because its true.

telling a conservative they can't have guns is like telling the libs no more abortion; back off libs. Guns are used for protection 98% of the time by gun owners. Abortion is used 100% of the time to kill a baby.

Well, none of that is true. But you knew that.

you've heard it before because its true.

That makes no sense.

"getting rid of them altogether"? lmao. Tell the criminals that. They are already emboldened already. Imagine if families cannot protect themselves vs the liberal scum of the earth. Liberalism is a MENTAL DISORDER.:nono::itsok::piss2:

YOU'RE OK with criminals having them though, right? As long as those evil bible thumping cons don't get to have em....

Oh please. The fact that he called you a pussy is not a reason for stricter gun laws. He doesn't respect your political views? So what? That is a reason for stricter gun laws? Your side is just as guilty as his. Both are prone to name calling and bullshit.

You misunderstand my stand. It is this highly negative attitude that pervades the gun cult in this country that I find disturbing. When someone with a gun calls me a pussy, I tend to take their insults a bit more personally. If I do some name calling, you can be pretty sure I don't have a gun somewhere backing up my language.

It's people like you that supports banning guns in direct opposition to the Constitution that I have a problem with. If I challenge you to come and get what you say I shouldn't have, you can be damn sure I won't need a gun to keep you from getting it.

And you wonder why so many people want them banned.

I wonder why so many like you that want them banned aren't man enough to take it upon yourself to do what you say should be done.

Dude, if guns ever get banned in this country, I can promise you that it won't be me coming for your guns. It will be the government. One way or another.
I'm sure they'll have plenty of informers, just like the communists, just like the Nazis. Every time an evil regime rises, there's never a shortage of accomplices like you. You're just a wicked person waiting for a tyranny to assist.

Tell us oh wise one, what are the real causes of gun violence in America?
People who have no regard for human life are the cause of gun violence (and every other kind). The same person that kills with a gun will kill with a knife, baseball bat, screwdriver, etc. Idiots like you, however, think it's the gun that does the killing.

So you have no idea that people like you are the real cause of gun violence in America. Paranoid racists who preach hate and fear like you, and others of every race, creed, ethnicity and social class.
Who does most of the killing in this country, dumbfuck? Gang members, drug dealers, in other words...CRIMINALS! Apparently you are not prepared to argue against that point. Prove me wrong, instead of spewing meaningless talking points like "paranoid racists preaching hate and fear". Give me a fucking break. Blacks kill blacks more than anyone kills anyone. Don't give me that "racist" bullshit. If that's all you have, then you suck at this.

Junior, you are the one who called him a pussy because he wants laws passed to ban assault weapons and would leave the collection of the guns up to the authorities.

That is ridiculous. And yes, you calling someone a pussy for not going door to door to collect guns is being an internet badass.

And voting for someone is actively working towards a goal. If enough people do it, laws get passed like Clinton's assault weapons ban. It accomplished nothing. But it was passed.

He wants laws passed to ban guns period. I called him a pussy because despite his claim that they should be, he isn't man enough to take action himself. That's a pussy.

Voting involves very little effort. If you think that's action, I highly doubt you did anything but run your damn mouth about the 10 Commandments in Alabama.

There are 65 million gun owners in the US. I guess if he started now he could knock on every one of their doors in about 1,000 years.

What you doubt is not really relevant. I helped create and distribute petitions, got calling lists of senators and representatives out to people, and sent emails and letters to various news outlets to make sure the story didn't die.

Exactly what action do you suggest that he, as a law abiding citizen should take to further his goal of banning guns? You know, a method that is manly and not like a pussy.

Have him come knock on my door, someone he's directly told shouldn't have guns, and ask for it. That would be manly.

Another example, I said earlier in this thread that we, the tax payers, should support mental healthcare if necessary. You likely disagree with me. Should I work to get laws passed that do what needs to be done? Or do I come knock on your door and ask you for the money?

If you think it should be provided to someone else, write a check. That's what you should do. If you can't do what you think should be done, you're the last one that should be demanding "we" as taxpayers do it. I doubt you would come to my door and ask for anything. If you think it NEEDS to be done, meet the need. Too damn many like you that won't do what you think needs to be done with your own money are the ones getting laws made to force others to do it your way.

I have no problem using my money. But my money isn't enough. There are still people, our fellow citizens, who need help. They cannot function without help. So I will push to get them help.

As for knocking on your door, no I won't. I am not going door to door. I am going to work to see as many get help as possible.

If you go by the statistics, the UK has a far higher crime rate than the USA, Orogenicman. Which proves that owning guns prevents would be rapists from raping, break and enters, murders from happening.

That's a load of crap. The UK has 0.24 firearm-related deaths per 100,000 while the U.S. has 10.3 firearm-related deaths per 100,000. Just because this is make up shit Thursday doesn't mean I'm not going to call you on bullshit:

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Don't even try it. The UK has a higher crime rate than the USA because they do not have firearms. People are living in fear over there.

You're attempt to wiggle on this one will avail you nothing.

No sir, it does not. Try reading the data I provided. And if you disagree, then provide supporting data of your own. Otherwise, stop making up shit you refuse to support.

Try uncovering your own eyes and read the data I have provided. And quit cussing. It does not improve your image one iota.

What data, where? You have provided nothing but your own opinion. I have provided a link to widely available data and references. Got anything like that? Anything at all?
And I already addressed that useless link but you have failed to support your own data.

The reality is that gun control in that nation has done absolutely nothing whatsoever to counter homicides. Nor has the same done anything in Canada, USA or virtually anywhere else. Why do you expect anyone else to address your data when you will not address the same that has been brought up to you?

You misunderstand my stand. It is this highly negative attitude that pervades the gun cult in this country that I find disturbing. When someone with a gun calls me a pussy, I tend to take their insults a bit more personally. If I do some name calling, you can be pretty sure I don't have a gun somewhere backing up my language.

It's people like you that supports banning guns in direct opposition to the Constitution that I have a problem with. If I challenge you to come and get what you say I shouldn't have, you can be damn sure I won't need a gun to keep you from getting it.

I wonder why so many like you that want them banned aren't man enough to take it upon yourself to do what you say should be done.

Dude, if guns ever get banned in this country, I can promise you that it won't be me coming for your guns. It will be the government. One way or another.

I know you won't. You're too damn much of a pussy to do it. Best believe if I said you shouldn't have something, I'd take it from you.

And you wonder why I called you an internet badass? You wouldn't try and take jack shit from someone. You just want to sound tough with your keyboard.

you mean the 1.6 million times a year, on average that guns are used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives? Vs. 8-9,000 gun murders mainly committed by hang members in democrat controlled inner cities......

I hope you learned a little basic math in whatever government school that was controlled by the education wing of the democrat party that you attended......because 1.6 million is bigger than 8-9,000.....

Sooo....good people with guns are a positive not a negative....

Except the 1.6 million is made up. And Kleck admits that most defenders are involved in criminal behavior.
1.6 is NOT Kleck's number - his was 2.5 million. The department of justice said 1.5 million. Are they making things up as well?

The really low estimates still place defensive use at 500K. It is not only reasonable but supported by the data that defensive gun use is around a million uses a year.

I think they would not be as worried about that as they would about many, many other things.

Such as?

In their day the citizenry was prepared to be a soldier in defense of the nation (or to start one). And the entire "assault weapons" thing is mostly cosmetics. I recall that the original ban had several criteria, including the ability to mount a bayonet. Like bayonets are a big problem.

And many Americans today are likewise prepared to be a soldier in defense of the nation. The difference is that today our soldiers don't have to bring their own guns to the fight.

Such as? Really? You really think that people owning semiautomatic rifles with a pistol grip & magazine is the single biggest problem facing our nation?

I think that when, in 2012, for instance, there were 8,855 total firearm-related homicides in the US, with 6,371 of those attributed to handguns, it is a huge problem. I think that when a 20 year old man walks into an elementary school and kills children with an assault weapon, and we see this kind of thing repeated over and over again all across the county, it is a huge problem. Ignore it or justify it all you want, but when you do, count yourself as part of the problem.

it isn't repeated all across the country...in fact, there hasn't been an increase in these shootings...and it would help a lot if we got rid of gun free killing zones for crazies....

Really?

Since 2006, there have been more than 200 mass killings in the United States. If there has been no increase, then what you are saying is that it has been horrendous all along, we just didn't realize it. You can't have it both ways.

USA TODAY BEHIND THE BLOODSHED THE UNTOLD STORY OF AMERICA S MASS KILLINGS
You do realize that we are in a nation of 300000000 people.

Massive problem, right?

Such as? Really? You really think that people owning semiautomatic rifles with a pistol grip & magazine is the single biggest problem facing our nation?

I think that when, in 2012, for instance, there were 8,855 total firearm-related homicides in the US, with 6,371 of those attributed to handguns, it is a huge problem. I think that when a 20 year old man walks into an elementary school and kills children with an assault weapon, and we see this kind of thing repeated over and over again all across the county, it is a huge problem. Ignore it or justify it all you want, but when you do, count yourself as part of the problem.

it isn't repeated all across the country...in fact, there hasn't been an increase in these shootings...and it would help a lot if we got rid of gun free killing zones for crazies....

Really?

Since 2006, there have been more than 200 mass killings in the United States. If there has been no increase, then what you are saying is that it has been horrendous all along, we just didn't realize it. You can't have it both ways.

How many took place in locations where gun free zones prohibited someone from even having a gun there?

If you are suggesting that 'if only someone at the time had a gun to take the culprits out', I suggest to you that that is a fallacy, that the most likely outcome in that situation is that you have even more dead people to bury. This wild west, Wyatt Urp mentality needs to stop.
Except the CDC disagrees. Their recent study of defensive gun usage showed that injury WAS LESS LIKELY where there was a defensive gun use.

You fail to understand that the majority of defensive gun uses actually never result in a discharge.

I know you won't. You're too damn much of a pussy to do it. Best believe if I said you shouldn't have something, I'd take it from you.

And you wonder why I called you an internet badass? You wouldn't try and take jack shit from someone. You just want to sound tough with your keyboard.
You know you are just continuing the problem by encouraging him, right????

I think they would not be as worried about that as they would about many, many other things.

Such as?

In their day the citizenry was prepared to be a soldier in defense of the nation (or to start one). And the entire "assault weapons" thing is mostly cosmetics. I recall that the original ban had several criteria, including the ability to mount a bayonet. Like bayonets are a big problem.

And many Americans today are likewise prepared to be a soldier in defense of the nation. The difference is that today our soldiers don't have to bring their own guns to the fight.

Really?

The deaths from mass shootings at the hands of some lunatic, account for less than 1% of the gun murder deaths in the US. Yet they seem to be the main focus of the anti-gun crowd.

you mean the 1.6 million times a year, on average that guns are used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives? Vs. 8-9,000 gun murders mainly committed by hang members in democrat controlled inner cities......

I hope you learned a little basic math in whatever government school that was controlled by the education wing of the democrat party that you attended......because 1.6 million is bigger than 8-9,000.....

Sooo....good people with guns are a positive not a negative....

Except the 1.6 million is made up. And Kleck admits that most defenders are involved in criminal behavior.
1.6 is NOT Kleck's number - his was 2.5 million. The department of justice said 1.5 million. Are they making things up as well?

The really low estimates still place defensive use at 500K. It is not only reasonable but supported by the data that defensive gun use is around a million uses a year.

Yes the 1.6 bill uses is made up. All those surveys are loaded with defenders involved in criminal behavior. The NCVS survey is about 100k and the only one that would weed out criminals defending against criminals.

Yes I'm not aware of any strong evidence showing crime is effected either up or down by gun ownership.

Yes I'm not aware of any strong evidence showing crime is effected either up or down by gun ownership.
So you agree with the thrust of my argument then?

Gun control (beyond what we have) should not be passed? I thought you were on the other side of this debate...

Forum List

Back