Exclusive: First charges filed in Mueller investigation

Sep. 19, 2017

Revelations that special counsel Robert Mueller is looking for evidence of possible crimes committed as far back as January 2006 as part of his investigation into former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort shed new light on Mueller's objectives.

CNN reported on Tuesday that when FBI agents conducted a predawn raid of Manafort's home in July, their warrant said the investigation was focusing on criminal conduct that could have happened more than a decade ago.

Mueller's investigation into Manafort focuses primarily on his business dealings and his work for Ukraine's pro-Russia Party of Regions. Manafort is connected to the party through his time serving as a top consultant for Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych, whom he started working for in 2004.

Manafort is widely credited with helping Yanukovych win the presidency in 2010. After being ousted in 2014 following widespread protests against his Russia-friendly positions, Yanukovych fled Ukraine and is now living under the protection of the Kremlin.

Last August, it emerged that the Party of Regions reportedly designated Manafort $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments. Manafort's firm belatedly disclosed in a June filing that it had received about $17 million from the group between 2012 and 2014. Manafort's ties to the Party of Regions are what first prompted the FBI's interest in him.

The special counsel's particular inquiry into Manafort not only confirms that he is a key focus in the Russia investigation, but also highlights the likelihood that Mueller is digging for criminal conduct in an effort to "flip" Manafort as a witness against Trump and other campaign associates.

It's hard to tell what Mueller has on Manafort, "but they absolutely have something because they got a search warrant," said Joseph Pelcher, a former FBI counterintelligence agent who was stationed in Russia and specialized in organized crime. "You need probable cause to get a search warrant, so there is something there, without question."

"If I were investigating the case, the first thing I would do is sit Manafort down and get him to cooperate, because he's not the big fish here,"

Mueller is drilling into Manafort's past — and it could spell trouble for Trump

Update!

Pay attention to this guy.
Formerbu is Comeys Twitter handle that was revealed this past week.

Twitter

[Name Redacted]
[Name Redacted]
@InsertNewName
It ain't Manafort. It's sealed Bc of classified Evidence. How you feeling right now, @formerbu ?

Sucks for you none will be democrats. Hilarious you’re so sure Mueller won’t find illegal activity on Trump. Mueller’s gone thru his finances with a fine tooth comb. He’s been dirty his whole life but now turned over a new leaf? Ha!
even/especially based on that logic, hillary would be far more likely to go to jail than trump [or just about anyone else for that matter]
Hillary lives in your head rent free. Too damn funny..
I assume you mean my bathroom, all she can eat and drink free as well, and that is too damn funny
No it’s obvious you’re obsessed with her to sublimate thinking about T’s failing presidency and him possibly being indicted.
it's fake news dude...your accusation of obsession by me is not fooling anyone into believing you are over her humiliating defeat at the hands of 'THE DONALD', Obsession is hanging on to a fake news story all weekend just to find out it is just another attempt to keep your fading hopes alive
I’m well past that. My concerns now is his relentless assault on our environment by nullifying the clean water act, Pruitt hiring fossil fuel executives to run things, while ridding scientists from the dept. it’s bad news for anyone who has lungs and likes clean water but I’m sure you’ll still make excuses for him because you know you have to.

even/especially based on that logic, hillary would be far more likely to go to jail than trump [or just about anyone else for that matter]
I assume you mean my bathroom, all she can eat and drink free as well, and that is too damn funny
No it’s obvious you’re obsessed with her to sublimate thinking about T’s failing presidency and him possibly being indicted.

Yes. Clearly he and all others here are thinking about something that will never happen
It’s funny you’re so sure of that with T’s nefarious past of defrauding small businessmen, having the justice dept look into him not renting to black people etc etc
You really know nothing about your pussygrabber.

I have no doubt what kind of man trump is.

That doesn't mean he magically colluded with Russia to steal the election just because you lost.

What are you going to do when Mueller wraps up and Trump is still president?

it's fake news dude...your accusation of obsession by me is not fooling anyone into believing you are over her humiliating defeat at the hands of 'THE DONALD', Obsession is hanging on to a fake news story all weekend just to find out it is just another attempt to keep your fading hopes alive
I’m well past that. My concerns now is his relentless assault on our environment by nullifying the clean water act, Pruitt hiring fossil fuel executives to run things, while ridding scientists from the dept. it’s bad news for anyone who has lungs and likes clean water but I’m sure you’ll still make excuses for him because you know you have to.
You need medication in the worst way.

I'm glad I came back in from work early. In reading this thread I have never seen more foolish idiotic remarks made, coming to conclusions about something that may or may not exist and that they know nothing about. You people are worse than insane.

They seriously think trump will be impeached

Yes. Clearly he and all others here are thinking about something that will never happen
It’s funny you’re so sure of that with T’s nefarious past of defrauding small businessmen, having the justice dept look into him not renting to black people etc etc
You really know nothing about your pussygrabber.

I have no doubt what kind of man trump is.

That doesn't mean he magically colluded with Russia to steal the election just because you lost.

What are you going to do when Mueller wraps up and Trump is still president?
He'll continue to lie and cry like the little traitor he is.

it’s amazing you idiots think I’m pining over Hillary.
I guess you have to. What are you going to talk about? Trump’s daily lies, cutting consumer protections, giving Wall St Carte Blanche to continue the policies that led to our financial meltdown in 2008?
Nope..you’re the only ones obsessed with HRC. Like I said, it’s mandatory to be part of your cult.

It’s happening.

A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.
The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

Exclusive: First charges filed in Mueller investigation — CNN
CNN REPORTING......

One more lie...

Carter Page was questioned for 5 hours Friday .. is it him?

By the Senate. That doesn't seem to be related to this but we won't know until Monday.

I'm still guessing Podesta
Podesta! Ha ha ha haha ha Thanks for admitting you have no clue what this investigation is about.

Illegal dealings with Russia.

Mueller meats with Podesta last week. Now we have indictments.

Trump admin not at all worried.

It’s happening.

A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.
The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

Exclusive: First charges filed in Mueller investigation — CNN
CNN REPORTING......

One more lie...
When you see the handcuffs you’ll eat your words.
It’s quite amazing this retarded prez invented this fake news moniker because he got so pissed the press had him on video tape or listen in person and reports what he says. Then you little sheep carry his water screaming fake news all day long..
It’s bizarre.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if it's Hillary or one of her cronies.

DNL2VExU8AAJEcK

Twitter

We will all be laughing at you. I wonder if you'll be here then.

it’s amazing you idiots think I’m pining over Hillary.
I guess you have to. What are you going to talk about? Trump’s daily lies, cutting consumer protections, giving Wall St Carte Blanche to continue the policies that led to our financial meltdown in 2008?
Nope..you’re the only ones obsessed with HRC. Like I said, it’s mandatory to be part of your cult.
Stop your whining , she lost, it's over, learn to live with it... one more thing you might want to whine over, she is the reason "THE DONALD" is president.

Carter Page was questioned for 5 hours Friday .. is it him?

By the Senate. That doesn't seem to be related to this but we won't know until Monday.

I'm still guessing Podesta
Podesta! Ha ha ha haha ha Thanks for admitting you have no clue what this investigation is about.

Illegal dealings with Russia.

Mueller meats with Podesta last week. Now we have indictments.

Trump admin not at all worried.
He’s interviewed dozens of people. If you think the T administration isn’t worried I have a million acres of burnt out forest in Cali to sell you.

Forum List

Back