Exclusive: White House preparing draft national emergency order, has identified $7 billion for wall

Good . Then in two years when we have a Dem prez he or she can declare a gun violence emergency and finally get some real gun control pushes through .
Exactly.

Trump is setting an incredibly ignorant and dangerous precedent which will undermine the checks and balances of our democracy.

Of course, in Trump's case "ignorant" and "dangerous" are redundant.

Obama did it 13 times; could have done it already. I hope the Dem is honest and mentions that in the Candidate Debates. lol

Greg

Trump is setting an incredibly ignorant and dangerous precedent which will undermine the checks and balances of our democracy.

But g5000.......there IS no democracy if Trump pulls the trigger on this....

Now, therefore, I, Donald J. Trump, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C 1601, et seq.), hereby declare that a national emergency exists at the southern border of the United States," the draft adds.

~S~

Good . Then in two years when we have a Dem prez he or she can declare a gun violence emergency and finally get some real gun control pushes through .

Reach.

How do you figure ? Gun violence is a far bigger problem than the border .
One could easily make that case considering there are over 10,000 gun homicides a year in the US.
------------------------ thats the price paid to have the RIGHT to be Armed . But go ahead , disarm all the millenials , youngsters and their kids in the future G5000 .
Way to miss the point, pinhead.

If Trump does this, there is nothing stopping a liberal President from using the same bullshit tactics when he doesn't get his way with Congress.

All caught up now?

Now, therefore, I, Donald J. Trump, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C 1601, et seq.), hereby declare that a national emergency exists at the southern border of the United States," the draft adds.

~S~
Exactly my point.

Reach.

But... but the last officer killed in California was shot by an illegal?
Female police officer fatally shot, suspect found dead

Exactly.

Of course, in Trump's case "ignorant" and "dangerous" are redundant.

Obama did it 13 times; could have done it already. I hope the Dem is honest and mentions that in the Candidate Debates. lol

Greg

For ACTUAL emergencies . Not because legislation he wanted didn’t get passed.

Build it and they WON'T come!

Exclusive: White House preparing draft national emergency order, has identified $7 billion for wall - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)The White House is preparing a draft proclamation for President Donald Trump to declare a national emergency along the southern border and has identified more than $7 billion in potential funds for his signature border wall should he go that route, according to internal documents reviewed by CNN.

Trump has not ruled out using his authority to declare a national emergency and direct the Defense Department to construct a border wall as Congress and the White House fight over a deal to end the government shutdown. But while Trump's advisers remain divided on the issue, the White House has been moving forward with alternative plans that would bypass Congress.
"The massive amount of aliens who unlawfully enter the United States each day is a direct threat to the safety and security of our nation and constitutes a national emergency," a draft of a presidential proclamation reads.
"Now, therefore, I, Donald J. Trump, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C 1601, et seq.), hereby declare that a national emergency exists at the southern border of the United States," the draft adds.
Congress can bypass the President not the other way around.

Reach.

One could easily make that case considering there are over 10,000 gun homicides a year in the US.
------------------------ thats the price paid to have the RIGHT to be Armed . But go ahead , disarm all the millenials , youngsters and their kids in the future G5000 .
Way to miss the point, pinhead.

If Trump does this, there is nothing stopping a liberal President from using the same bullshit tactics when he doesn't get his way with Congress.

All caught up now?
----------------------------------------- GO AHEAD , disarm all the millenials , hip hoppers , dopers and their kids of the future , its ok with me as i mostly don't have any use for most of them G5000 .

How many times have they claimed that now and it hasn’t happened?

Exclusive: White House preparing draft national emergency order, has identified $7 billion for wall - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)The White House is preparing a draft proclamation for President Donald Trump to declare a national emergency along the southern border and has identified more than $7 billion in potential funds for his signature border wall should he go that route, according to internal documents reviewed by CNN.

Trump has not ruled out using his authority to declare a national emergency and direct the Defense Department to construct a border wall as Congress and the White House fight over a deal to end the government shutdown. But while Trump's advisers remain divided on the issue, the White House has been moving forward with alternative plans that would bypass Congress.
"The massive amount of aliens who unlawfully enter the United States each day is a direct threat to the safety and security of our nation and constitutes a national emergency," a draft of a presidential proclamation reads.
"Now, therefore, I, Donald J. Trump, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C 1601, et seq.), hereby declare that a national emergency exists at the southern border of the United States," the draft adds.

While this may be true, for future reference, I encourage you to cite credible sources.

~S~
----------------------------------------------- just giving 'liberals and dems' what they deserve . GIVE The TRUMP his money Sparky .

Unless he has a pen and a phone

And then we start electing real dictator types to office, we can remove undesirables from the general population with a wasted resource emergency.

No matter how much he allocates to build the wall it will not be built due to lawsuits which will tie it up in court.

Forum List

Back