Executive Order to forgive $50,000 in student debt

For those playing along at home, Ray is on a disability because he can't drive a truck, even though he can sit down for 8 hours a day complaining about "Those welfare people".

Yes, disability is a government program I paid into my entire working life. Kids don't pay into a government program for college loans they don't want to pay back stupid.

For those playing along at home, Ray is on a disability because he can't drive a truck, even though he can sit down for 8 hours a day complaining about "Those welfare people".

Yes, disability is a government program I paid into my entire working life. Kids don't pay into a government program for college loans they don't want to pay back stupid.

They pay taxes the rest of their lives.

What is the criteria for obtaining a student loan?
How can you loan someone that amount of money when they have no job and no collateral? Seems that is what needs to be overhauled

What is the criteria for obtaining a student loan?
How can you loan someone that amount of money when they have no job and no collateral? Seems that is what needs to be overhauled

What's the criteria for giving an entity that should be filing for bankruptcy millions in loans?

While it's improper to answer a question with a question my reply is still going to be the same. As long as we continue to give failed entities billions of dollars I'm going to support those on the other end.

Cut everything. Fire up the chainsaws and start slashing.

So you are a politician. Like most politicians, you became one and want to stay a politician for as long as possible. To do that, you need people to keep electing you.

Now you come out and say you're going to cut welfare programs. What do you think the MSM and Democrat politicians will do to you next time you run for reelection? Even if you don't care that you'll likely won't keep your job, you still need a majority of your fellow representatives to go along with your plan to get enough votes to pass it. So what do you think your chances of doing that are?

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm on your side. My lowlife Arab neighbor bought a property next door to me. He way overcharges for the place, so the only people that will pay him that amount are HUD people. They've been nothing but problems since. They are dirty, noisy, violent people. There is no reason government should be funding housing in the suburbs for ghetto people. They obviously have way too much of our tax money.

However I'm just posting reality here is all.

Here is a vintage ad the commies ran when the Republicans suggested making Medicare private instead of government run.

If banks and businesses didn't have to pay the money back, I don't see why all should not be held to the same standard.

The main thing is, this will cover all the banks who wrote those loans with a government bailout. Can't have the banksters losing money.

If banks and businesses didn't have to pay the money back, I don't see why all should not be held to the same standard.
The banks made bad loans they should be the only ones on the hook for the money

Well, covering the bank's losses is the whole point here, eh?

Already covered. It's not the banks money.

The banks wrote the loans, with their money. They collect the interest payments.

This a bailout for those who have been profiting from the GSL gravy train all these years - the banks and the schools who push these loans on kids in the first place.

The banks wrote the loans, with their money. They collect the interest payments.

The "banks" money is the trillions the Fed has created out of nothing. Yeah, they collect the interest. Quite a sweet deal.

The banks get it for next to nothing but gets back many times over the going rates.

The "banks" money is the trillions the Fed has created out of nothing. Yeah, they collect the interest. Quite a sweet deal.

The banks get it for next to nothing but gets back many times over the going rates.

Point being - if we cancel student loans, who's covering the losses? The people who profited from the loan gravy train? Or hapless taxpayers?

Point being - if we cancel student loans, who's covering the losses? The people who profited from the loan gravy train? Or hapless taxpayers?

Taxpayers are on the hook for everything. Taxpayers have funded Bezo's and Musk's billions. I support spreading it around. If we are going to do one, I'm going to support doing the other also.

Taxpayers are on the hook for everything. Taxpayers have funded Bezo's and Musk's billions. I support spreading it around. If we are going to do one, I'm going to support doing the other also.

Good for you. I'm supporting none of it.

That's fine but It's not going to stop and I will get some for the rest.

Also (and I'm sure someone brought this up - but I'm not reading 435 posts this morning), do people who worked through college and paid their own tuition get the bene? Or just those who went in over their head in debt? What about those who have already paid back their student debt, or refinanced it? Are they just taking one for the team?

That's fine but It's not going to stop and I will get some for the rest.

Then welcome to "part of the problem".

Also (and I'm sure someone brought this up - but I'm not reading 435 posts this morning), do people who worked through college and paid their own tuition get the bene? Or just those who went in over their head in debt? What about those who have already paid back their student debt, or refinanced it? Are they just taking one for the team?

Did the thousands of businesses that went bankrupt all get bailed out?

Forum List

Back