Executive Order to forgive $50,000 in student debt

This is highly unlikely to happen
The article in the OP says Biden doesn't believe he has the authority to forgive student loans via an E.O. He wants Congress to pass legislation to forgive $10,000 but do you see Republicans agreeing to that? A lot of Democrats want more, so they wouldn't agree with it either.

I agree this isn't going to happen.
When is the last time. Republicans voted to pass any legislation written by democrats? They will call it communism and be applauded for filibustering it by their base.

I can't wait for China Joe's Executive Order to forgive China for stealing American jobs and technology. It will be a duzzie.

If banks and businesses didn't have to pay the money back, I don't see why all should not be held to the same standard.
Because ALL College students suck. They should WORK their way through college. No freebies.

The article in the OP says Biden doesn't believe he has the authority to forgive student loans via an E.O. He wants Congress to pass legislation to forgive $10,000 but do you see Republicans agreeing to that? A lot of Democrats want more, so they wouldn't agree with it either.

When is the last time. Republicans voted to pass any legislation written by democrats? They will call it communism and be applauded for filibustering it by their base.
When was the last time filthy Democrats sided with Americans?

Election day, 2020. Thanks for asking!

They should get it back from the universities for their defrauding the govt. with that loan sharking scam, and from every company who ever lied about those totally fictitious 'labor shortages' that misled many to think their majors were economically sound choices. They should also face criminal charges as well. And banks, too, should be seized and their shareholders'personal assets siezed, and refunds distributed.

There are no banks! Learn how the system works before blathering!

Rubbish. They make a killing off of re-financing the debts, at high interest rates, as well as making supplemental loans to students. Learn how not to be clueless and credulous.

I quoted the truth regarding student loans. I am sorry your lack of a GED did not hold up.

You just quoted what other morons think, nothing original. The loans have Federal guarantees and they also re-finance them later on down the road when the McDonalds economy leaves them unable to make normal payments. Whether you know that or not is not my problem, tard.

They should get it back from the universities for their defrauding the govt. with that loan sharking scam, and from every company who ever lied about those totally fictitious 'labor shortages' that misled many to think their majors were economically sound choices. They should also face criminal charges as well. And banks, too, should be seized and their shareholders'personal assets siezed, and refunds distributed.

There are no banks! Learn how the system works before blathering!

Rubbish. They make a killing off of re-financing the debts, at high interest rates, as well as making supplemental loans to students. Learn how not to be clueless and credulous.

I quoted the truth regarding student loans. I am sorry your lack of a GED did not hold up.
Kind of true. The servicers -- like Navient -- do what the other poster said. And they use Sallie Mae Bank to operate.
He's another one pampered by Uncle Sammy and doesn't know how the private sector really works.

Election day, 2020. Thanks for asking!
Americans? Or paper Ballots? We will never know. PS--Trump got 70% of Election day votes. Try again ,Comrade.

Congratulations US Taxpayer, looks like you will get to pick up the $50,000 tab of irresponsible college students and families who took on more debt than they could handle because they felt entitled to go to private elite colleges 3 time zones away and concentrate their studies in useless majors that have no demand in the job market. These students and families who feel entitled to this have the audacity to say they have been “enslaved” or victimized by student debt.

Moving forward, there needs to be more controls in place to qualify students and their families towards state and local institutions and concentrations of study that yield good paying jobs.

Check your race cards and class warfare bullshit at the door.

That's ok. We had to pick up the tab for Trumps 6 bankruptcies, while played golf.

Oh yeah, we picked up the tab for that to.

A bankruptcy will still yield more revenue and ROI to the State vs. a brat grabbing debt in the name of college he/she feels entitled to because of their economic class. Prove me wrong.... using economic metrics, show me how a spoiled brat grabbing debt for a failed degree usurps a Bankruptcy?

I can't wait for China Joe's Executive Order to forgive China for stealing American jobs and technology. It will be a duzzie.

He's already did that years ago. So did Republicans.

Trump pushed back on the trade deals and stopped a lot of the technology transfers and that is why the Chicoms helped China Joe to steal the election.

He's already did that years ago. So did Republicans.

Trump pushed back on the trade deals and stopped a lot of the technology transfers and that is why the Chicoms helped China Joe to steal the election.
I agree. But establishment Republicans weren't supporters of Trump.

I don't have time to look up the complete timelines of MFN for Red China from Nixon and Carter on, but here are a couple of links detailing some it, and traitors were at work on both sides of the aisles.

Didn't matter which Party had the majority, it somehow always benefited Red China, even after Tainmen Square. In fact it got even more lucrative for them after that.
if you find the first link confusing and seemingly see both Bush and Clinton contradicting themselves, they were; this was deliberate and intentional on their part, as it was with Congress and the Senate committees; but, it managed to work out to REd China's and Wall Street's immense benefit, no matter what atrocities had to be ignored.

Last edited:

Yeah, and you know who else believed he didn't have the Authority? Obama on DACA, and a few months after openly saying he didn't have the authority to pass things via executive order, he did it anyway.

Although I understand the argument for it, I don't think this is the way to handle the problem of the high cost of college education.

Yeah, and you know who else believed he didn't have the Authority? Obama on DACA, and a few months after openly saying he didn't have the authority to pass things via executive order, he did it anyway.
I suppose it's possible. And it was a big campaign promise. Hopefully, cooler minds will prevail.

Forum List

Back