Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

Of course, all evidence points to NHC SAVING money, 45k deaths, 750k bankuptcies, and our global competitiveness, but go with bought off RW BS, (Rush, Murdoch, Rev. Moon, Breitbart), dittohead...

Yeah, more government control always means savings. :cuckoo:

My idea is to get govt out of our lives, not add more.

Except your solution adds government, but you keep ignoring that.

[The reason we have so much cost for medicare, medicade as well as welfare is people cannot make enough wealth to get out of that rut

I wish you knew how liberal you sound. We just need more money is the liberal's solution to every problem. School's failing? We don't have enough money? Economy failing? Government doesn't have enough money. Too many people on welfare? They don't have enough money. That is an incredibly simplistic view of the problem. Yes people can make enough money to get out of that rut. Saying it's not possible is a lie and you know it. You can't sit there and tell me there is absolutely nothing else a person can do to change their financial situation. Again it's personal accountability. A concept a REAL conservative understands.

[al people have to do is try harder, according to them. I have 30 yers in my industry and here I sit making 420 a week from the state of Texas after going 17 years without this happening

I'm sorry. Did someone promise you 30 years ago that you would never have to adapt? Did someone promise you way back when and say 'JRK, just do exactly what you're doing now for the next 30 years and you'll be fine.'? Again, unrealistic expectations are your real problem JRK.

At least Pubs won't destroy the economy and your pension, JRK. Ty for your service..

The actual history is when you privatise something, cost goes up and service goes down. Pubs have the dupes believing they need the freedom to get screwed by insurers, then cut off and killed LOL.

3 months after NHC is implemented, it will be the most popular program ever, and you'll wonder what Pub BS you were talking about...

My idea is to get govt out of our lives, not add more. The reason we have so much cost for medicare, medicade as well as welfare is people cannot make enough wealth to get out of that rut
Some think the jobs that are in a place now in where hiring is non existent can add another 20 million

al people have to do is try harder, according to them. I have 30 yers in my industry and here I sit making 420 a week from the state of Texas after going 17 years without this happening

Mandating a higher minimum will raise employment or lower employment?

Raises DEMAND AND EMPLOYMENT, lowers CRIME and Pubcrappe.Pure Pubmyopia...

Last edited:
My idea is to get govt out of our lives, not add more. The reason we have so much cost for medicare, medicade as well as welfare is people cannot make enough wealth to get out of that rut
Some think the jobs that are in a place now in where hiring is non existent can add another 20 million

al people have to do is try harder, according to them. I have 30 yers in my industry and here I sit making 420 a week from the state of Texas after going 17 years without this happening

Raises DEMAND AND EMPLOYMENT, lowers CRIME and Pubcrappe.

How does it raise employment?

Well as long as the folks on this thread continue to argue apples and oranges rather than the interesting thread thesis that cutting business taxes ALONG with a government mandate to dictate a 'living wage' is the way to go to eliminate poverty.

I will restate my opinion that business taxes should be lowered, the free market should dictate what wages will be, and the federal government should get out of the elimination of poverty AND education business altogether. Then we must return to a culture in which self reliance and personal responsibility is the norm and encourage people to make themselves more valuable to an employer so that they merit more money as the best formula to eliminate poverty at least for those who choose not to be 'poor'.

As long as we attempt to eliminate poverty through government programs and mandates, we make people far too comfortable in poverty for many to even want to get out.

And for now, I will leave it to you guys to discuss all the other stuff that seems to be just going around and around in circles now.

Why would it change?
The thing Bern keeps missing here is that companies set the price for there widget by estimating all of there cost, adding there desired profit and there you have it

If a company was given a tax break of 1 dollar for every dollar that was added to there labor cost there product would cost the same, there fore there would be no reason for any cut backs on jobs

I keep going back to Bacon Davis. Copmpanies that have to add bare labor cost to there bottom line to do that kind of work, every-one does

replace the housing sector
simple as that
from fossil fuels to nuclear power would create millions of jobs. There is capped wells in the sate of Florida
oops mis read your question

It would by design add no less than 150 billion to the GDP
cutting taxes, rasing wages, creates wealth

Last edited:
At least Pubs won't destroy the economy and your pension, JRK. Ty for your service..

The actual history is when you privatise something, cost goes up and service goes down. Pubs have the dupes believing they need the freedom to get screwed by insurers, then cut off and killed LOL.

3 months after NHC is implemented, it will be the most popular program ever, and you'll wonder what Pub BS you were talking about...

Of course it would be. Something for nothing usually is popular. Why do you think politicians keep promising stuff like that? Just because something is popular doesn't make it right.

replace the housing sector
simple as that
from fossil fuels to nuclear power would create millions of jobs. There is capped wells in the sate of Florida
oops mis read your question

It would by design add no less than 150 billion to the GDP
cutting taxes, rasing wages, creates wealth

Those are entirely different policies a part from the act of raising the minimum wage. One thing at a time. Does or does not raising the minimum wage decrease the unemployment rate?

Why would it change?
The thing Bern keeps missing here is that companies set the price for there widget by estimating all of there cost, adding there desired profit and there you have it

If a company was given a tax break of 1 dollar for every dollar that was added to there labor cost there product would cost the same, there fore there would be no reason for any cut backs on jobs

I keep going back to Bacon Davis. Copmpanies that have to add bare labor cost to there bottom line to do that kind of work, every-one does

Why would it change anything?
You're joking, right?
Raising a cost lowers demand.
You've never had an econ class?
Read an econ book?
Davis-Bacon should be repealed.

Labor costs are much much higher than corporate profits.
Which are much higher than corporate taxes.

I would like to see an example of the private sector taking over a govt program and the cost going up?

Halliburton Kitchens in Iraq- anything- because they always add profit, subtract regulation...NHC EVERYWHERE!...mention an example of privatization and in the end it happens- higher cost, lower service...schools, prisons....

Want to know what your living wage is in your county? Here is a site from Penn State that gives you that information.

Indiana :$7.57
Cali: $10.72

Wow. According to that my wife should be making 23$ an hour to live here..I believe it its freaking expensive in this country sad thing is she is only making 8$ an hour and I bring in anywhere between 300-700$ a month bc I am disabled.

14000 a year will not get off of the govt give away programs
Nor would be paying any income taxes
I think one could make it on 26,000 (this includes health ins cost of 6000 a year) and survive on the 384 left per week

Why would it change?

Didn't miss anything JRK. What YOU don't get, or I guess forgot you said, is that increased expenses are passed on to consumers. This means a company is going to pass on the extra labor cost in the form of an increase in price on widgets. The problem is the economic concept YOU don't get called equilibrium. That is a price or small range of prices that a seller is comfortable selling at AND a consumer is comfortable buying at. The price increase as a result of the pay increase will have one of two effects on consumers. Either it will raise the price of the product such that people simply won't buy it. Or they will find an alternative that is priced less.

The later is a real issue for the company I work for. We build a product that directly competes with a couple other companies that build basically the same thing. Unfortunately one of these competitors is having their product built overseas. So they can sell basically the same thing at the same price as we do or even a little less and maintain a larger profit margin on that product than we can. So we can't price our product above what the competition sells their substitute for. This being a high volume product and thus inexpensive to the consumer it has rather low profit margin. Meaning we can't afford to have expenses increase much and still be able to be profitable on that product. Our production employees, the people that build the product, I think are at about 9-10/hr now. And you're asking for a 25% increase in their pay. Are you starting to see the problem yet?

Last edited:

Of course it would be. Something for nothing usually is popular. Why do you think politicians keep promising stuff like that? Just because something is popular doesn't make it right.

Actually, the poor get free care now, just the most expensive possible, ER when you're in extremis or disabled. NHC will give you a doctor and preventive medicine, low cost clinics, cost controls, etc. It wll get people OFF welfare, disabilty, etc, and get them working and paying SOMETHING...Now you have to make less than $800 (NY) or $0 (Ark.) to get medicaid, puts people on welfare to feel safe...

Halliburton Kitchens in Iraq- anything- because they always add profit, subtract regulation...NHC EVERYWHERE!...mention an example of privatization and in the end it happens- higher cost, lower service...schools, prisons....

Halliburton?
What does that have to do with a private company taking over a Govt run program? Fighting wars?
My God thats a program that was going on long before we had the problems we have today

Schools? we spend so much on one student today what do you use as an example as it failing?

Prisons? same

Why would it change?

Didn't miss anything JRK. What YOU don't get, or I guess forgot you said, is that increased expenses are passed on to consumers. This a company is going to pass on the extra labor cost in the form of increase in price on widgets. The problem is the economic concept YOU don't get called equilibrium. That is a price are small range of prices that a seller is comfortable selling at AND a consumer is comfortable buying at. The price in crease as a result of the pay increase will have one of two effects on consumers. Either it will raise the price of the product such that people simply won't buy it. Or they will find an alternative that is priced less.

The later is a real issue for the company I work for. We build a product that directly competes with a couple other companies that build basically the same thing. Unfortunately one of these competitors is having their product built overseas. So they can sell basically the same thing at the same price as we do or even a little less and maintain a larget profit margin on that product than we can. So we can't price our product above what the competition sells their substitute for. This being a high volume product and thus inexpensive to the consumer it has rather low profit margin. Meaning we can't afford to have expenses increas much and still be able to be profitable on that product. Our production employees, the people that build the product, I think are at about 9-10/hr now. And you're asking for a 25% increase in their pay. Are you starting to see the problem yet?

What part of lower taxes to offset that expense have you missed?
You keep changing the rules to fit you argument
No-one has said anything about raising one without cutting the other, it would be a wash. Why dont you ask your self one question
how is Australia doing it?

Forum List

Back