Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

Just the truth, dittohead. I didn't say Nixon and Reagan's economies suqed, though price controls and quadrupling the deficit weren't what they ran on, and they screwed poor workers and the minimum wage. Dumbazzes.
Having lived in several countries in South and Southeast Asia and visited some African countries, it is my observation that we in the US have very few people living in dire poverty and if they are, it is their own fault as our safety nets provide for anyone who is truly needy. Talking about quadrupling the deficit, I am sure you realize that Obama's rate of deficit is 1.78 times higher than Bush II who had significantly excessive deficits.

If you want to call someone a dittohead, look in the mirror. You leftwingnutter sheep go baa every time the name Obama is mentioned.

BTW, I am 76 and have observed the ups and downs 16 years longer than you. In order of worst modern presidents first:

Obama - Absolute worst
Carter
BushII
Ford
Johnson
Kennedy
Clinton
Nixon
BushI
Eisenhower
Reagan
Truman - Best modern president

I was only 9 when Roosevelt died so I can speak only from reading about him. He did many good things, and and he failed at an equal number of other things according to the history books. (Not how the history books rated him, but reading the narratives of his actions)

Last edited:
The tidal wave of pub propaganda is so huge 60% believe NHC will cost them money and freedom, that the stimulus didn't work, global warming is a hoax- yet that's all pubcrappe-

We can also thank the world's greatest liars, salesmen, con artists and BSers for people not believing in evolution, hating poor people and the unemployed, while pandering to the greedy rich. It's amazing how many ridiculous things pub dupes and even blue dog Dems believe, and the GOP is the only party in the modern world that believes...and I don't give a shytte about comparisons to 3rd world SE Asian, African, or ME countries, a canard...(Navy man?).

You don't have to listen to any RW crappe to believe it- it's the belief system of the clever, ie cynical, ( 1/2 racist) All-American moron, and the network corporate media don't fight the loudmouths or their greedy rich/corporate puppet masters. Pubs, obviously. Have an epiphany, dingbats.
The world is aghast at you flag and bible waving morons. Change the channel, radio station, or paper that's misleading you.Your facts are all wrong. Hoping for your recovery. Memorize my signature...all fact.

Last edited:
The tidal wave of pub propaganda is so huge 60% believe NHC will cost them money and freedom, that the stimulus didn't work, global warming is a hoax- yet that's all pubcrappe-
Bullshit. It is already costing us money, and jobs, big time.
We can also thank the world's greatest liars, salesmen, con artists and BSers for people not believing in evolution, hating poor people and the unemployed, while pandering to the greedy rich. It's amazing how many ridiculous things pub dupes and even blue dog Dems believe, and the GOP is the only party in the modern world that...and I don't give a shytte about comparisons to 3rd world SE Asian, African, or ME countries, a canard...(Navy man?).

You do ramble so. Few people don't believe in evolution in the Western world. No big deal. Most believe evolution was no more than God's plan. But then you probably don't believe in God, a common leftwingnutter trait. Explain again who is pandering to the greedy rich? You know, those people whose investments create most of the Jobs and pay most of the federal income tax? Oh, I see, so you don't care about the rest of the world. Kind of narrow minded leftwingretard I guess. As a humanist, I do not believe one innocent human life is more important than any other innocent human life. Nothing like you being a greedy bastard eh smartass?
You don't have to listen to any RW crappe to believe it- it's the belief system of the clever, ie cynical, ( 1/2 racist) All-American moron, and the network corporate media don't fight the loudmouths or their greedy rich/corporate puppet masters. Pubs, obviously. Have an epiphany, dingbats.
BTW, a daughter in law is black. As her just how racist I am :) Now that we have established that you are a greedy bastard and don't care about the rest of the world, only your own greedy bullshit, it is time for you to explain how corporations and rich are greedy when they cause millions of millions to have jobs. If we are dingbats it is in the sense of Edith on "All In the Family", ie nice people who don't understand leftwingretards like you.
The world is aghast at you flag and bible waving morons.
Have you any idea, when compared to the total population, how few "Bible Wavers" there are?
Change the channel, radio station, or paper that's misleading you.Your facts are all wrong.
I have to admit you are right there. The MSM are so left wing you can't believe anything they say. Almost as bad as your leftwingretard web sites.
Hoping for your recovery. Memorize my signature...all fact. But it is strange for someone who admittedly call yourself an American and don't care about people in the rest of the world, which is verbal flag waving at its worst whining about flag wavers. I'll bet you could care less if the countries of India and China have their own economic revolution which will elevate their standard of living through wage equalization thus becoming a huge Asian market for US goods once their revolution is over.
I have read your stupid and bigoted signature. No fact so will not read that crap again.

BTW, though I am not GOP, I thank them every day for blocking so much leftwing extremist bullcrap.

Last edited:

We can also thank the world's greatest liars, salesmen, con artists and BSers for people not believing in evolution, hating poor people and the unemployed, while pandering to the greedy rich. It's amazing how many ridiculous things pub dupes and even blue dog Dems believe, and the GOP is the only party in the modern world that believes...and I don't give a shytte about comparisons to 3rd world SE Asian, African, or ME countries, a canard...(Navy man?).

The world is aghast at you flag and bible waving morons. Change the channel, radio station, or paper that's misleading you.Your facts are all wrong. Hoping for your recovery. Memorize my signature...all fact.

I suppose it's too much to ask that you quit being a spittle spluttering old goat and carry on semi-intelligent conversation. The only bigot here is YOU pal. It is bigots that stereotype people without knowing them or listening to them. The only poster from whom that is on display here is YOU. It is sad that you have to attribute beliefs to people in a feeble attempt to make your point. That's called a strawman and that's who your argument is with. An imaginary person of your on conjuring, not us.

And stop trying to change the subject. No one else is responsible for you being unemployed. We don't hate the poor or unemployed. That doesn't mean I have some obligation to sacrifice what I've worked for to help those that have the ability to do the same. One need only look at people like you and wonder why would things be any better when have people like you who refuse at every turn to hold themselves to any level of personal accountability. I don't wonder why the country is in the state it's in with unempoyment and income disparity. The answer is people like YOU. People who think it's someone elses job to ensure life's outcomes for them. So you sit on your ass for 60 years waiting for someone else to do for you what you are capable of doing yourself and have the fucking nerve to wonder why your life isn't better? I'll tell you why. Because I have enough on my plate working on what I want out of life without worrying about what you think I fucking owe you.

Last edited:
Shove it up your azz, brainwashed dittohead Pub dupe. You believe big Pub lies. Barney Frank caused the 2nd Pub Great Depression, and letting Wall St. And Gm go out of business go out of business would have been a great idea. Did you know Pubs have filibustered everything since 2/4/2009, and ruined the recovery? Ask the EU...
My Master's in History says you're a brainwashed Pubdolt. Change the channel and memorize my signature. Hoping for your recovery.

Let me guess....anyone who disagrees with you is 'pub dupe'? You keep posting the same shit over and over. Maybe $11 an hour is what min wage was in 1968. WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING POINT? Is it supposed to be more in your opinion? Should the government be mandating a living wage at all in your opinion? You're as bad as JRK. It isn't that anyone disagrees with your stance you douche bag. It's that you write your posts with a level of incoherrence that no knows what the fuck you're saying.

Masters in History? Thank you for highlighting a fundamental cause of this min wage problem you have. It's people like you studying shit that has little value to people in the real world. Before you decided to study your passion in life, did you do any research as to whether it was in demand at all in the labor market? Have you recouped your investment yet in that masters program?

A. Yes- the min wage in 1968, before Nixon dismantled the Great Society, is what the min. wage (living wage) should be- Not $15, $20, $50, or the other dupe canards...Though $15 IS it in OZ., and it could end the snarling, cruel mess we have after 40 years of default Pubcrappe we have here.

B. Yes, anyone who disagrees with Dems, Obama, neutral experts, and the rest of the modern world here is a Pub dupe/dittohead/Foxbot or just a ignorant/hater/a-hole LOL. Lovely people but dumbazzes...

B. Yes, of course, Rush. Whatever happened to a liberal arts core (makes you a better citizen, less easy to fool, with ETHICS!!) Is this the result of Pub policy which has skyrocketed college costs, driving people away from a history/literature/philosophy/sociology core to accounting/marketing or, not so bad engineering/math/science. Do pubs want blinkered drones? Wouldn't surprise me...

Last edited:
Just the truth, dittohead. I didn't say Nixon and Reagan's economies suqed, though price controls and quadrupling the deficit weren't what they ran on, and they screwed poor workers and the minimum wage. Dumbazzes.
Having lived in several countries in South and Southeast Asia and visited some African countries, it is my observation that we in the US have very few people living in dire poverty and if they are, it is their own fault as our safety nets provide for anyone who is truly needy. Talking about quadrupling the deficit, I am sure you realize that Obama's rate of deficit is 1.78 times higher than Bush II who had significantly excessive deficits.

If you want to call someone a dittohead, look in the mirror. You leftwingnutter sheep go baa every time the name Obama is mentioned.

BTW, I am 76 and have observed the ups and downs 16 years longer than you. In order of worst modern presidents first:

Obama - Absolute worst
Carter
BushII
Ford
Johnson
Kennedy
Clinton
Nixon
BushI
Eisenhower
Reagan

I was only 9 when Roosevelt died so I can speak only from reading about him. He did many good things, and and he failed at an equal number of other things according to the history books. (Not how the history books rated him, but reading the narratives of his actions)

I kind of like your list except that I would put Johnson between Bush II and Carter. He not only escalated the Vietnam War while demanding that we pull our punches so that we couldn't 'win" it and that costs tens of thousands of U.S. military lives, but his Great Society has cost the American tax payers many trillions of dollars while escalating the trend toward more universal dependency and sense of entitlement. The violent and anti-social OWS groups are just one illustration of the fruits of that trend.

Another illustration is seen here on USMB with some thinking legislating a 'living wage' is the way to make things better for the lower income folks and/or a way to eliminate welfare. They seem unable to see that a legislated 'living wage' is just another form of welfare.

Hey, I know all you people, I live with you. But this is a politics forum.
Tell me a part of my signature that's wrong, Pub dupe LOL

YOUR FACTS ARE ALL WRONG. Change the channel.

Nixon ruined the Great Society- mainly the part about educating the poor- you know, the part about getting the poor OFF welfare. Perfected under Raygun and Bush II. You know. actually FUNDING any programs, just the usual myopic future be damned BS....Pfffft!!

We have funded those programs to the tune of more than $10 TRILLION dollars since LBJ's reign. And our public education, once one of the best in the world, now sucks more than almost any other developed country and we could go down the list to point to the failures of the Great Society including destruction of the inner city family, creation of a permanent unemployable underclass, and other wonderful things.

Those who want a European system should move there. Those who want the visionary, freedom loving, and limitless opportunity of the America the Founders gave us are earnestly invited to join with those of us determined to restore it.

Obama - Absolute worst
Carter
BushII
Ford
Johnson
Kennedy
Clinton
Nixon
BushI
Eisenhower
Reagan

I kind of like your list except that I would put Johnson between Bush II and Carter. He not only escalated the Vietnam War while demanding that we pull our punches so that we couldn't 'win" it and that costs tens of thousands of U.S. military lives, but his Great Society has cost the American tax payers many trillions of dollars while escalating the trend toward more universal dependency and sense of entitlement. The violent and anti-social OWS groups are just one illustration of the fruits of that trend.
I could live with that. As a three tour vet, I saw with hundreds of thousands of other VN vets the wasted opportunities to win in VN. After Tet of 1968 we had decimated the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese army. We could have started in Hue and marched to Hanoi in a matter of months almost completely un-opposed.
Another illustration is seen here on USMB with some thinking legislating a 'living wage' is the way to make things better for the lower income folks and/or a way to eliminate welfare. They seem unable to see that a legislated 'living wage' is just another form of welfare.
What the left wing retards refuse to recognize is this: As soon as the minimum wage goes up the rest of the labor force gets a raise to compensate for products and services increases and the new minimum wage is no closer to a living wage than it was before the raise. This is not RW discussion, it is economist discussion, because they have graphed the value of minimum wage increases to living standards over the history of the process. The outcome is an almost flat line with minor blips over the entire history of minimum wages. People increase their real income as related to their life style only by increasing their personal productivity.

Last edited:
You can't move to the EU, idiot. We just want a Health SYSTEM to control ridiculous costs and DEATHS (making us competitive), and good education!! Don't be so damn STUPID. ty LOL later.

Hey, I know all you people, I live with you. But this is a politics forum.
Tell me a part of my signature that's wrong, Pub dupe LOL

YOUR FACTS ARE ALL WRONG. Change the channel.
You are a leftwingnutjob who can't see the facts for the bullcrap left wing propaganda talking points. IF you could think for yourself, and I do mean IF, maybe you would recognize how much of a fool you are making out of yourself when you post that BS.

Not all liberals, but the ones who think like you are nothing but Parrots who spout the party line, sheep who follow the party line without a thought in the world (yellow dog democrat), and tend to contribute noting substantive to any discussion but a quote which is easily refuted.

You can't move to the EU, idiot. We just want a Health SYSTEM to control ridiculous costs and DEATHS (making us competitive), and good education!! Don't be so damn STUPID. ty LOL later.
I want universal health care too. But the bullcrap called Obamacare is not the way to do it. That will bank rupt the country and is a major reason companies are putting off hiring workers.

To have a good system of universal health care we need to keep what we have and expand it to cover everyone not now covered by health insurance. How to do that?

1. Place everyone not covered on Medicaid
2. Increase FICA on those who are working to cover their individual premium.
(When that happens those who have opted out of company health plans for extra cash will jump to company health insurance almost instantly, probably before their first premium of FICA)
3. Require every Hill-Burton hospital to create an outpatient clinic to treat eh indigent who only have medicaid to reduce the expensive ER visits now serving as a high cost clinic for every hangnail and cough.
4. Expand county health units to provide basic care for the poor, underemployed, disabled and illegal alien who needs treatment. (Have ICE pick up the illegal alians as they walk out of the door and send them home for major treatment)
5. Provide a basic formulary for most medications truly needed for basic medical care instead of sending prescriptions to pharmacies.

I am sure there are other things we can add to that list. But those points, once legislated, would insure all our citizens as a major reduction in cost to Obama Care with all of its "opt out" waivers.

A. Yes- the min wage in 1968, before Nixon dismantled the Great Society, is what the min. wage (living wage) should be- Not $15, $20, $50, or the other dupe canards...Though $15 IS it in OZ., and it could end the snarling, cruel mess we have after 40 years of default Pubcrappe we have here.

Then same question to you as JRK. Why is it someone elses responsibility to provide for your basic needs if you are perfectly capable of doing so yourself?

B. Yes, anyone who disagrees with Dems, Obama, neutral experts, and the rest of the modern world here is a Pub dupe/dittohead/Foxbot or just a ignorant/hater/a-hole LOL. Lovely people but dumbazzes...

Disagrees about what? I haven't seem Obama push for a higher minimum wage. And if he were, the fact is no, most objective neutral economists would in fact not agree with him. You see some people have this thing you seem to lack called foresight and common sense. Where we can see while seemingly altruistic, such a policy would have have some rather negative consequences for society as a whole.

B. Yes, of course, Rush. Whatever happened to a liberal arts core (makes you a better citizen, less easy to fool, with ETHICS!!) Is this the result of Pub policy which has skyrocketed college costs, driving people away from a history/literature/philosophy/sociology core to accounting/marketing or, not so bad engineering/math/science. Do pubs want blinkered drones? Wouldn't surprise me...

I went to a liberal arts college actually. Part of the reason why college tuition costs are so high is because we are paying professors to teach things of no value, like majoring in LIBERAL ARTS. History, philosophy, sociology? They're WORTHLESS to real society. You seriously do get dumber by the post. You want kids to major in that crap? Crap that has little demand or value in the real world after college and you have the balls to wonder why the people that study that shit aren't earning much? Now I'm aghast. How can one person like yourself, at your age, be so void of common sense? Innovation comes from people knowing math and science. Jobs come from people who know understand finances and how to manage people. Who the fuck are sociology and history majors going to employ? I would pull my hair out if I had any at how fucking stupid you are.

I went to a liberal arts college actually. Part of the reason why college tuition costs are so high is because we are paying professors to teach things of no value, like majoring in LIBERAL ARTS. History, philosophy, sociology? They're WORTHLESS to real society. You seriously do get dumber by the post. You want kids to major in that crap? Crap that has little demand or value in the real world after college and you have the balls to wonder why the people that study that shit aren't earning much?
Well, they could become college professors and teach the same leftwing retarded crap as their professors did. I do believe history is important. I do believe some sociology is important. But what is far more important is core subjects and job oriented professional education.

But I disagree with you about why colleges are so expensive. I believe it is the student aid programs which allow people who have no business in college create an excess of professors who need to be paid (according to them) top 1%er type incomes.

Last edited:
francoHFW, I'll bet you are one of the leftwing retards freaks who claim Clinton had a surplus after the FY2001 ended leaving Bush a surplus and a potential surplus. Well if you do, you believe in Voodoo accounting "conventions" which do not require bouncing what he spent against the total national debt, which went up EVERY YEAR CLINTON WAS IN OFFICE, blowing that surplus myth out of the water for anyone of slightly below normal intelligence and higher.

Last edited:
I want universal health care too. But the bullcrap called Obamacare is not the way to do it. That will bank rupt the country and is a major reason companies are putting off hiring workers.

To have a good system of universal health care we need to keep what we have and expand it to cover everyone not now covered by health insurance. How to do that?

(When that happens those who have opted out of company health plans for extra cash will jump to company health insurance almost instantly, probably before their first premium of FICA)
3. Require every Hill-Burton hospital to create an outpatient clinic to treat eh indigent who only have medicaid to reduce the expensive ER visits now serving as a high cost clinic for every hangnail and cough.
4. Expand county health units to provide basic care for the poor, underemployed, disabled and illegal alien who needs treatment. (Have ICE pick up the illegal alians as they walk out of the door and send them home for major treatment)
5. Provide a basic formulary for most medications truly needed for basic medical care instead of sending prescriptions to pharmacies.

I am sure there are other things we can add to that list. But those points, once legislated, would insure all our citizens as a major reduction in cost to Obama Care with all of its "opt out" waivers.

Typical- your facts are all pubcrappe.
ACA DOES put all who can't afford it on medicaid, subsidizes poor workers to get insurance, AND spends 10 billion on low cost clinics. Cheaper thanER care.

THERE ARE NO WAIVERS TO GET PEOPLE OFF ACA for good, just waivers until it starts for crap plans like McD's, etc, and waivers for union "Cadillac plans" until the contracts are up and they renegotiate. YOU are misinformed by the Pub propaganda Machine and do- nothing corporate networks...

Typical- your facts are all pubcrappe.
ACA DOES put all who can't afford it on medicaid, subsidizes poor workers to get insurance, AND spends 10 billion on low cost clinics. Cheaper thanER care.

THERE ARE NO WAIVERS TO GET PEOPLE OFF ACA for good, just waivers until it starts for crap plans like McD's, etc, and waivers for union "Cadillac plans" until the contracts are up and they renegotiate. YOU are misinformed by the Pub propaganda Machine and do- nothing corporate networks...
My facts ARE FACTS.As I am not a Republican, I am a thinking independent who wants the best parts of both parties. Only in recent years the demorats have few "best parts".Your alleged facts are bullshit. Obama care is costing us hundreds of thousands of jobs that leftwingretards like you don't want to admit because your messiah likes it as do your left wing talking point propaganda sites and news media. Go flush yourself down the toilet your represent.

Last edited:
Everybody wants their perfect NHS- you can wait a million years or implement ACA- and work on it, like every other modern country. Single payer is WAY ORFF- Can hardly pass this Bob Dole version...

Obama is not going to raise the min. wage until the recovery is firm, ie, when pubs get their ass handed to them or start compromising like good Americans. 2013.

Last edited:
Don't worry, your demonstrably stupid leftwingretard congressmen will dream them up when the businesses start firing workers they can't afford to buy health care for.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back