‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

It does get confusing around here. Not long ago conservatives were be vilified for not supporting Christie and he was the darling of the moderate left. Now he is acting like a democrat and all of a sudden Christie is a dye in the wool right wing conservative.

What this really shows is how scandals are handled by the press. At least 4 Americans, including a 16 year old boy, is killed by the drone program and it is hardly reported. Reported yes by only to provide cover. Four of our men die senselessly in Benghazi and the press again runs cover. But two lanes of a bridge is shut and all of a sudden that is the biggest scandal since the Tea Pot Dome.

your fool perception of things is not reality.

You see crispy Christy was at least decent and talked to the president like a human being while the president was making sure crispy christys state got the help they needed after Sandy.

that is why he got praise.

He has NOW proven to be a fucking vindictive asshole who will PUNISH society to poke at a person he doesn't like.

THAT is why we now don't like crispy Christy.

its all do to these weird things you don't understand called

FACTS

Time for Christie to show some humility

His initial reaction mocking the closure and anyone who would make an issue over such a small issue was pathetic

He appointed people who thought they had the authority to punish those who did not support Christie.........or he ordered it himself

Wow, then I am sure that you feel the EXACT same way about Barry and his ties to the IRS scandal, Benghazi, and the host of other complete and total screw-ups that have occurred during his administration.

I mean if Christie is responsible for what his people did, is Barry responsible for his?

Why does Christie have to explain anything? I never supported the man so I have no axe to grind. But consider another scandal, Benghazi. First the president comes out and makes the claim that the attack was spontaneous reaction to a poorly made and little known video movie. He send Rice on a tour of the talk shows to booster his claim. Then when it became perfectly clear that it was not a spontaneous attack the president changed his tune claiming he has said as much from day one or day two. Then the NYT prints their version of events claiming it was a spontaneous attack over a video and the left is claiming Obama was correct all along. So when exactly was the most powerful man in the world with the backing of intelligence from the CIA correct? I guess since he said both things we need to only listen to what we think turned out to be the truth or misstatement.

Long way to go on this story but the left wing seems to be very quick to turn on the man who won a very blue state by 22 percent. Seems to me he is better loved by the left then the right.

The City of Ft Lee gets shut down every rush hour when something happens on the Bridge.

This isnt about creating traffic, its about making traffic worse. You assume that ramp is free and clear every morning even if 3 lanes are in service.

You are obfuscating

The Governors office, with prior planning, ordered a traffic nightmare for Ft Lee out of political retribution

Any way you slice it.....They got some splain'n to do

You have no evidence of political retribution from the governor. Lets see what 11 AM holds.

Said "traffic nightmare" also shaved 45 minutes of the block time on 95/80 due to the extra toll lanes availible on the main line. The Ft Lee entrace clogs every rush hour, its not that the clog just sprung up, its that the clog was worse.

yeah it was worse because someone closed lanes for no reason.

what you don't realize is wether or not its proven crispy Christy appointed these people to be his inner circle.

this is the type of people he seeks to have at his right and left arm.

he trashed reporters for ASKING questions about this issue.

he hid information from the press and said himself he wasn't looking into it.

NOW

what all the reporters were asking about turns out to be true.

he is unfit for higher office by his very actions to DATE

hes toast

His initial reaction mocking the closure and anyone who would make an issue over such a small issue was pathetic

He appointed people who thought they had the authority to punish those who did not support Christie.........or he ordered it himself

Time for Democrats to show some humility and quit mocking people for being upset by the obnoxious things done by Obama and his administration.

I'm sure Democrats will step up to the plate now that Christie has given them some perspective on the kind of behavior they have been incubating in the White House. :cool:

You are taking this news with an obvious lack of grace.

What's going to break Christie's heart the mostest: Bruce ain't gonna play fo him no mo.

Shades of Chicago thuggery:

Top Christie Staff Sought Lane Closings as Revenge

Using vital thoroughfares to lean on people for endorsements?

The emails indicate that Mr. Christie’s staff and his associates at the Port Authority were closely aware of the political context. Mr. Christie, a Republican, was leaning on local Democratic officials to endorse his re-election bid so that he could then seek his party’s presidential nominationby arguing that he was the candidate who could attract bipartisan support in a blue state.

Mr. Christie won re-election in November by 22 points, and instantly became a leading candidate for his party’s presidential nomination by winning across many demographic groups. His campaign boasted that he had been endorsed by more than 50 local Democratic officials.

But the documents released Wednesday underscore what Republicans as well as Democrats in New Jersey have long said about the governor: that he is a bully who wields fear and favor to get what he wants, and lashes out at even the smallest perceived slights.

During the campaign, as Mr. Christie and his associates leaned on Democratic local officials for endorsements, many mayors whispered that they feared the governor would withhold money or favor if they did not go along. Even Republican lawmakers who have supported Mr. Christie tell stories of being punished when he perceived them as not supporting him enough.

I can hardly wait for this kind of scrutiny to be turned on the questions of (a) Who ordered the mission to rescue Americans under attack in Benghazi, scrubbed; (b) What is the top guy's reaction to that, (c) Who ordered the security at the Benghazi compound progressively reduced despite repeated attacks in the summer, until there were only 3 American guards left just before the compound was raided and practically destroyed? (d) What response has the President given to the person(s) who ordered it?

That is what a free press is really for: Digging in, not letting up, and keeping after it until they find the whole truth.

They're doing great on the bridge-lane closure "scandal". Why the vast hole in investigative reporting on the deaths of four Americans? Remind me again, how many Americans died due to the closure of traffic lanes on the GWB?

You are obfuscating

The Governors office, with prior planning, ordered a traffic nightmare for Ft Lee out of political retribution

Any way you slice it.....They got some splain'n to do

You have no evidence of political retribution from the governor. Lets see what 11 AM holds.

Said "traffic nightmare" also shaved 45 minutes of the block time on 95/80 due to the extra toll lanes availible on the main line. The Ft Lee entrace clogs every rush hour, its not that the clog just sprung up, its that the clog was worse.

yeah it was worse because someone closed lanes for no reason.

what you don't realize is wether or not its proven crispy Christy appointed these people to be his inner circle.

this is the type of people he seeks to have at his right and left arm.

he trashed reporters for ASKING questions about this issue.

he hid information from the press and said himself he wasn't looking into it.

NOW

what all the reporters were asking about turns out to be true.

he is unfit for higher office by his very actions to DATE

hes toast

By your definition so is Obama.

Wow, then I am sure that you feel the EXACT same way about Barry and his ties to the IRS scandal, Benghazi, and the host of other complete and total screw-ups that have occurred during his administration.

I mean if Christie is responsible for what his people did, is Barry responsible for his?

I've got an idea

Lets all stop talking about Christie on this thread so we can talk more about Obama

Last edited:
Two more down. That makes four heads that have rolled in this scandal.

And marty stlll thinks there was a "study." :rofl:

Its not a rush hour shutdown, its called "traffic."

Yes...it is called "traffic"

And we had a governors office who used "traffic" as a political weapon

All you have is proof that someone in the governor's office made crass remarks over it. you have no "order"

Since the governor is on tv right now admitting that it happened, all your inane efforts to defend these people, without the facts, have been a waste.

Yes...it is called "traffic"

And we had a governors office who used "traffic" as a political weapon

All you have is proof that someone in the governor's office made crass remarks over it. you have no "order"

Since the governor is on tv right now admitting that it happened, all your inane efforts to defend these people, without the facts, have been a waste.

I can't access radio so I need to see a transcript, but lets see what he admits to. I have a feeling its not what the Obamabots here are accusing him of.

It's looking very bad. The traffic shutdown was deliberate and the perpetrators were making jokes about it. One was even texting wisecracks while at a wake.

Emergency vehicles were delayed trying to reach heart attack victims and in trying to find a lost toddler. And for that, some people need to go to prison.

Forum List

Back