‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

Christie: I asked my staff and they told me they didn't do anything. I believed them

I can hardly wait for this kind of scrutiny to be turned on the questions of (a) Who ordered the mission to rescue Americans under attack in Benghazi, scrubbed; (b) What is the top guy's reaction to that, (c) Who ordered the security at the Benghazi compound progressively reduced despite repeated attacks in the summer, until there were only 3 American guards left just before the compound was raided and practically destroyed? (d) What response has the President given to the person(s) who ordered it?

That is what a free press is really for: Digging in, not letting up, and keeping after it until they find the whole truth.

They're doing great on the bridge-lane closure "scandal". Why the vast hole in investigative reporting on the deaths of four Americans? Remind me again, how many Americans died due to the closure of traffic lanes on the GWB?

An hour after I posted this, Limbaugh brought it up front and center on his radio show.

:D

One thing I like about Limbaugh, is that HE agrees with ME.

Pretty good piece here on it that breaks it down a bit:

Concluding:

And if he did smell a rat and just stopped asking questions so he wouldn’t know, he is in essence part of the cover-up. In any case, the reputation he has built for himself—a man of no-nonsense, let-the-chips-fall-where-they-may action—would have suggested that he’d have wanted to get to the bottom of this himself long before now. That he didn’t and has been doing the usual tawdry dance that politicians do in this circumstance is another incriminating indicator.

He can fire Bridget Kelly and a few other people today, or soon, and try to take charge of this. He can demand an investigation. But the fact that he hasn’t done that already is suspicious. Remember the hurricane-era Christie? My state and my people come first, the hell with the politics. That was laudable. But his posture here has been the direct opposite. Here it’s been politics first. He’s not completely knocked out by this yet. There seems a good chance he will be knocked out by it. But even if he’s not, that old Christie is tarnished forever.

Christie: Three Possibilities (Two Require That He Resign) - The Daily Beast

"And if he did smell a rat and just stopped asking questions so he wouldn’t know, he is in essence part of the cover-up."

Agree.

He made his rep as a larger than life guy who put principle over politics. He has been steadily undermining that rep for the past year or more which is why I laughed when anyone supported him -- right or left. Failing to get to the bottom of this mess last fall is one more case of him not being the man he wants people to believe he is.

I can hardly believe the words I am reading on some of these posts. And right from the start, let me make sure that this is clear, I am NO fan of Christie. I think he went to far trying to be 'buddies' with Barry. He's a good governor though according to the people of New Jersey and he's made his enemies.

Having said that, what I cannot believe is the unbelievable application of standards here that you don't even apply to the PRESIDENT of the United States. Should Christie have known what his aides were doing? Probably. Is he responsible? Yes, I believe that he is. Has he done what he needs to do? I didn't listen to the press conference, but I hear that he fired his aide immediately after he was informed. I think that he needs to get to the bottom of it and I would recommend an outside agency investigation.

Now lets talk the IRS. How long did Lois Lerner hang in there and get paid? Didn't she ultimately work for Barry and his cronies? What about Benghazi? Four Americans died and Susan Rice goes out and LIES to anyone who would listen to her. The list goes on and on, but since Barry is the messiah for the left, he gets a pass.

I hope Christie tells everyone to go get bent and moves on. Lessons learned from his buddy Barry...

I can hardly believe the words I am reading on some of these posts. And right from the start, let me make sure that this is clear, I am NO fan of Christie. I think he went to far trying to be 'buddies' with Barry. He's a good governor though according to the people of New Jersey and he's made his enemies.

Having said that, what I cannot believe is the unbelievable application of standards here that you don't even apply to the PRESIDENT of the United States. Should Christie have known what his aides were doing? Probably. Is he responsible? Yes, I believe that he is. Has he done what he needs to do? I didn't listen to the press conference, but I hear that he fired his aide immediately after he was informed. I think that he needs to get to the bottom of it and I would recommend an outside agency investigation.

Now lets talk the IRS. How long did Lois Lerner hang in there and get paid? Didn't she ultimately work for Barry and his cronies? What about Benghazi? Four Americans died and Susan Rice goes out and LIES to anyone who would listen to her. The list goes on and on, but since Barry is the messiah for the left, he gets a pass.

I hope Christie tells everyone to go get bent and moves on. Lessons learned from his buddy Barry...

President Obama has undergone multiple Congressional investigations
Nobody has touched Christie yet

I don't understand your comparison

Not this one, or any conservative I know. The liberals love him, 'tis true

It's looking very bad. The traffic shutdown was deliberate and the perpetrators were making jokes about it. One was even texting wisecracks while at a wake.

Emergency vehicles were delayed trying to reach heart attack victims and in trying to find a lost toddler. And for that, some people need to go to prison.

Along with most conservatives I never was quite sure about Christie and the liberal left loved to love him mocking conservatives. If he had anything to do with the closure then he is just acting like a Chicago democrat so I am not sure why liberals would bitch.

IF it turns out that emergency vehicles were slowed and that caused someone to die then maybe there is reason for criminal action. Much like when at least four of our men are sent into hostile territory that others have evacuated and then when in trouble help is slow in coming and they die. Seems like there may have been some real criminal negligence in that situation.

Well it is about time a politician paid a price for their foolish acts. Hell for the last 6 years I have not seen one pay a price.

Well it is about time a politician paid a price for their foolish acts. Hell for the last 6 years I have not seen one pay a price.

What "price" do you imagine Christie is paying?

Leftists on a message board are "Tsk Tsking?"

I question the overall impact this will have.

The man stood there for nearly 90 minutes and took every question answered.

The impact it had on me?

Even when the going gets tough, he acts as a leader.

I live in Jersey and Christie has some splainin to do

His mockery when the story first broke was humiliating based on what we know today. Christie is no fool. Buying that it was just a "traffic study" is beneath him

Christie needs to come clean on this. It is political bullying at its worst and he was in charge
Of course you're absolutely correct on all points. But how many of our fellow New Jerseyans do you suppose are capable of such educated political objectivity? The majority I'm acquainted with like Christie because he's so fat he makes them feel skinny.

That's one category. Another category is the schoolyard mentality that relates to his offensive, smart-ass style. Then there are those who like him because he is a bullying autocrat, a disposition which appeals to the authoritarian/submissive personality of which there are many here in Jersey. It is the same one-dimensional mentality that dominated Germany in the 1930s.

Let's look at it like this, a friend of mine pointed this out to me on Facebook a few minutes ago:

A liberal like Ted Kennedy can drive a woman off a bridge, serve nearly five decades in the Senate and be hailed as a courageous leader and a hero. But if a Republican shuts down a bridge, leftists are ready to tar and feather the man. Furthermore lest we forget what Obama himself did to our tourists and veterans after Republicans shut down the government, hoping they would take a hit politically. Just a burning question: but why is what Christie (or his aides) did any different?

Christie isn't my first choice for C in C, granted, but hey he's acted like one by firing people responsible for this. Which is more than you can say for the Obama administration. Has Obama fired anyone at the IRS? Has Obama fired anyone at the State Department for Benghazi? Has Obama fired anyone at the Justice Department for Fast and Furious? The answer would be no, no and no.

Forgive me for saying so, but something just isn't right here at all.

Forum List

Back