‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

Christie was built up by the MSM in the same way they built up McCain.

Yes, our conservative media loved McCain. And they still do. That media adoration for McCain hasn't faded at all. McCain is still the darling of the talk shows, the guy who the media still breathlessly and inexplicably seeks the opinion of on every issue.

The reason they seek him, in my opinion, is that he pretty much toes the liberal line. What better way to mock conservatives as to have their presidential nominee speaking against their platform?

I was just reminded of one of the many reasons that so many conservatives washed their hands of Christie in the last couple of years -- how he wouldn't give the time of day to Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia.

Christie is all about himself. Not about New Jersey. Not about any party or ideology. Just about himself.

He has some charisma -- enough to make the GOP sit up and take notice when he burst onto the scene and enough to get some crazies to do hateful things for him. But he won't have your back. Why should anyone have his?

Uh...that's because "the Cooch" was a nutbag that wanted to outlaw anal and oral sex among consenting adults.

Distancing himself from "the Cooch" was one of the smarter Christie moves.

Who he let in his "circle of trust" is not. (Unless it was deliberate as some speculate)

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the conservatives? Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act. What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor. - Lawrence O’Donnell Jr.

Conservatives don't object to women voting.

August 8, 2008
RUSH: Now we're told the night Hillary speaks is the anniversary of women getting the vote, which is what started the welfare state that now strangles us, by the way. If women had never gotten the vote we wouldn't have a budget deficit, but that's another story.

Christie finds a staff member (Bridget Kelly) who lied over a traffic jam.. she got fired immedialtley. Susan Rice goes on five different networks and lies about Beghanzi, where four Americans are slaughtered while pleading for help, and she gets promoted.... and more than a year later, not one person is held accountable.

Who was fired for 9-11?

Christie lost me when he had two state elections about a month apart. Elections are not free. They cost money and Christie could have saved the state of New Jersey a bunch of money by combining the two elections. However, Christie did not want to be on a ballot with Cory Booker despite the fact Christie and Booker were not running against each other. If he would throw away the state of New Jersey's money without any concern, why should I trust him with my tax money

Not to throw the baby out with the bath water here...

New Jersey Statutes - Title 19 Elections - 19:3-26 Vacancies in United States senate; election to fill; temporary appointment by governor.

19:3-26. If a vacancy shall happen in the representation of this State in the United States senate, it shall be filled at the general election next succeeding the happening thereof, unless such vacancy shall happen within 70 days next preceding such election, in which case it shall be filled by election at the second succeeding general election, unless the governor of this State shall deem it advisable to call a special election therefor, which he is authorized hereby to do.

The governor of this State may make a temporary appointment of a senator of the United States from this State whenever a vacancy shall occur by reason of any cause other than the expiration of the term; and such appointee shall serve as such senator until a special election or general election shall have been held pursuant to law and the Board of State Canvassers can deliver to his successor a certificate of election.
~~~~~
Frank Lautenberg
Died: Jun 3, 2013 · New York
~~~~~
From the searches I performed, it's the law man. ;)

But I could be wrong...
[MENTION=28109]Amelia[/MENTION] sorry for going off topic.
rules, rules, bylaws, ;) , rules.... OCD! :)

Last edited:
I was just reminded of one of the many reasons that so many conservatives washed their hands of Christie in the last couple of years -- how he wouldn't give the time of day to Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia.

Christie is all about himself. Not about New Jersey. Not about any party or ideology. Just about himself.

He has some charisma -- enough to make the GOP sit up and take notice when he burst onto the scene and enough to get some crazies to do hateful things for him. But he won't have your back. Why should anyone have his?

Before they he refused to appoint a Republican to Lautenburgs seat.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :(

Christie lost me when he had two state elections about a month apart. Elections are not free. They cost money and Christie could have saved the state of New Jersey a bunch of money by combining the two elections. However, Christie did not want to be on a ballot with Cory Booker despite the fact Christie and Booker were not running against each other. If he would throw away the state of New Jersey's money without any concern, why should I trust him with my tax money

Not to throw the baby out with the bath water here...

New Jersey Statutes - Title 19 Elections - 19:3-26 Vacancies in United States senate; election to fill; temporary appointment by governor.

19:3-26. If a vacancy shall happen in the representation of this State in the United States senate, it shall be filled at the general election next succeeding the happening thereof, unless such vacancy shall happen within 70 days next preceding such election, in which case it shall be filled by election at the second succeeding general election, unless the governor of this State shall deem it advisable to call a special election therefor, which he is authorized hereby to do.

The governor of this State may make a temporary appointment of a senator of the United States from this State whenever a vacancy shall occur by reason of any cause other than the expiration of the term; and such appointee shall serve as such senator until a special election or general election shall have been held pursuant to law and the Board of State Canvassers can deliver to his successor a certificate of election.
~~~~~
Frank Lautenberg
Died: Jun 3, 2013 · New York
~~~~~
From the searches I performed, it's the law man. ;)

But I could be wrong...
[MENTION=28109]Amelia[/MENTION] sorry for going off topic.
rules, rules, bylaws, ;) , rules.... OCD! :)

Not sure what you're getting at here.

Are you saying he was required to hold a special election in October and couldn't let voters wait until the general election in November to cast their ballot for senator?

I'm pretty sure he had the option of having the Senate vote on Nov. 5.

But he didn't want Cory Booker supporters to drag down his numbers so he ordered a special election in October to fill Lautenberg's seat.

Last edited:
Why are so many right wingers defending Christie now?? You all hated his guts when he praised the president. That is more than a bit hypocritical.

What will happen if you find out he was involved in it?? I'm reserving judgment until we get a definitive conclusion on that one. But I can't help but wonder if it is possible that he really didn't know. It does not seem very likely. However, how could he have been so dismissive of the welfare of some of the people in his state?? That was a terrible thing that was done to them. If it is determined that Christie participated or even knew about it, his friggin' goose is cooked!!!

Why are so many right wingers defending Christie now?? You all hated his guts when he praised the president. That is more than a bit hypocritical.

What will happen if you find out he was involved in it?? I'm reserving judgment until we get a definitive conclusion on that one. But I can't help but wonder if it is possible that he really didn't know. It does not seem very likely. However, how could he have been so dismissive of the welfare of some of the people in his state?? That was a terrible thing that was done to them. If it is determined that Christie participated or even knew about it, his friggin' goose is cooked!!!

Where do you get the idea that many right wingers are defending Christie?

I think I've seen two. One seriously and one mildly, more mildly than the one leftwinger I saw who said to withhold judgement until more was known.

Leftwingers are the ones who seem most jarred by this. Rightwingers didn't have nearly as much invested in him as leftwingers did.

th

Christie was built up by the MSM in the same way they built up McCain.

Yes, our conservative media loved McCain. And they still do. That media adoration for McCain hasn't faded at all. McCain is still the darling of the talk shows, the guy who the media still breathlessly and inexplicably seeks the opinion of on every issue.

What are you talking about?

McCain was endorsed by such organizations as the NYT ... until he got the GOP nomination ... and then he was a pinata.

Now McCain is a man without a base.

Christie was supposed to be the new pre-nomination McCain. But this scandal broke too soon.

He's one of those who want to pretend the playing field is level and that liberals don't control the news.

In other words, he's a clown. :eek:)

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the conservatives? Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act. What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor. - Lawrence O’Donnell Jr.

August 8, 2008
RUSH: Now we're told the night Hillary speaks is the anniversary of women getting the vote, which is what started the welfare state that now strangles us, by the way. If women had never gotten the vote we wouldn't have a budget deficit, but that's another story.

I'm sorry. I thought we were having a real conversation and you jump up and quote an entertainer who says such things as humor.

I can't take you seriously anymore.

I know. Do you. :eusa_eh: I doubt it. Thats why I said get back to us :eusa_hand: He was a Bu$h II appointee placed inside the Pentagon to put out info that favored invasion smart guy. Figure it out

If you know, then you are aware he was NOT a spokesman for the Administration. His main role was disinformation and even then, his department never said there were operational links between Iraq and Al Qaeda. So, your thesis is actually a bag of bovine intestinal wind.

MSNBC? Oh my the far left propaganda network is now "facts".....

No, they were always about the facts.

They're the first and only network to ask the tough questions about Iraq before we hastily went in there without a plan for success.

They got the Boston bombing right when FOX Noise and other right-wing outfits said it was Saudis.

MSNBC follows the news while others invent the news. I don't like all their shows, but if actually want to know what the hell is going on in America, they deal with reality while CNN is out to lunch and FOX creates a total bizarro universe.

As for Christie, he can kiss 2016 goodbye now. This episode makes him look like a petty and vindictive bully since HE was the one who took a liberal justice (the only black one) off the New Jersey Supreme Court for purely political reasons. First Governor to ever do that in NJ when it has always been customary to renew their tenure so they can serve out full terms until the age of 70. After he took that cheap shot, New Jersey Senate Democrats promised not to confirm a righty on the court who just happens to be very close to the Christie family.

So instead of just putting the liberal back on the court so the Senate Democrats could confirm the righty, Christie messes around with the bridge which just happens to land in the Senate Democratic Leader's district.

I could see if it was one bad apple, but only everyone around Christie had something to do with it and his explanation over the last couple days is total bullshit.

It's too bad, he was one of the only Republicans I actually liked.

Last edited:

August 8, 2008

I'm sorry. I thought we were having a real conversation and you jump up and quote an entertainer who says such things as humor.

I can't take you seriously anymore.

January 10, 2014
RUSH: I'm just doing what I always do. Folks, I observe. I'm a journalist

January 18, 2013
RUSH: Snerdley is wanting to know why I didn't object to the previous caller praising my talents as a journalist. I think what happens here on this show is closer to real journalism than anything we're getting from so-called journalists. I have said for the longest time, "We do here what the mainstream journalists used to do."

Christie finds a staff member (Bridget Kelly) who lied over a traffic jam.. she got fired immedialtley. Susan Rice goes on five different networks and lies about Beghanzi, where four Americans are slaughtered while pleading for help, and she gets promoted.... and more than a year later, not one person is held accountable.

1) Susan Rice did not get a promotion.

2) Susan Rice did not lie. The riot really was over the video.

3) Not sure why anyone should be held accountable for what an angry mob of foreigners did, except for maybe the asshole who made an insulting film with the intent of creating this kind of reaction.

4) Christie should have taken action weeks ago, not tried to blow this thing off until his guys got caught with their fingerprints all over it.

Rachel broke the whole lane closure thing, and has been the go to person.

But will she end up regretting it later?

Christie was the only guy the GOP had who wasn't batshit insane.

The real winners here are Rand Paul and Cruz and the other nutters, who now have the establishment's best hope eliminated from contention.

And before anyone says they are unelectable, let's get real, you never know what's going to happen two years hence.

Forum List

Back