Exxon accurately predicted GW in the 70s but kept casting doubt for decades

The cigarette concerns were , however, never convicted of anything. They agreed to a settlement, and it was the smart move as it kept them in business and didn't cost them anything. All of the fines were passed on to their customers.
Why would it make a difference if they mentioned it or not? It wasn't like deindustrialization was what anyone wanted.

As far as the Cigarette companies are concerned, the term "coffin nails" for their product dates from the 19th Fucking Century. Everyone knew that they weren't good for you, the cigarette companies just didn't emphasize the downside of their product.

And the "fines" assessed against the cigarette companies didn't hurt them a bit, they just increased the price and passed it on. Are you suggested tripling the price of fuel as a "solution"?
:sleeping-smiley-015: Another day. Another retard.

Sorry, I have already had my quota of dealing with retards. Go converse with the other retard, and maybe the two of you will figure it out. :itsok:

Oh, it's no lie, they even changed the name......global warming climate change.

Wonder why?!? Not really though.
No they didn't. And you shout to the world how ignorant you are of all of this to say that. Seriously, what you just said is laughably stupid.

So, you tell me. How much have I reduced my fossil fuel usage?

Actually, I just take what you claim to save, put it in a big metal tub in the back yard and burn it off.

We can't be wasting all that beautiful fossil fuels that the dinosaurs were so nice to give us.

maxresdefault.jpg

Done?

Okay, read the link I provided. Follow links within. Exxon is part of a set of companies being sued on the basis of RICO law. Suit was recently filed.

Right. Because it's against the law to deny climate change.
Next they're gonna sue everyone who used oil and oil based products.

Puerto Rican towns sue Big Oil under RICO alleging collusion on climate denial

Strawman? It's in the tilte of your link.
No, sorry. They're not simply accusing them of stating climate denial. I'm sorry they didn't spoon feed you all the information in the title, but I don't think they were accounting for people like you when they wrote it

No, sorry. They're not simply accusing them of stating climate denial. I'm sorry they didn't spoon feed you all the information in the title, but I don't think they were accounting for people like you when they wrote it

They're not simply accusing them of stating climate denial.

Of course not. They were colluding in their denial.

That's much worse than denying all by yourself.

If you refuse to read anything but the title, that's a you problem. Good luck.

colluded to publicly downplay the risks of their fossil-fuel products on climate change...
"fraudulent marketing scheme" to convince consumers that fossil fuel products do not alter the climate...

It was horrible......they downplayed.....publicly no less, by far the worst kind of downplaying.
Breaking dozens, if not hundreds, of downplaying laws.

And then they schemed. Consumers who otherwise would never have bought, or used, their evil products were tricked.....fraudulently, into believing that filling up their tanks would not
create a massive hurricane and steer it into those towns.

If only a whistle blower would come forward with the internal documents naming the
16 municipalities that Big Oil targeted. They probably also bought derivatives to profit
from the destruction......derivatives created by Goldman Sachs and AIG no doubt.

colluded to publicly downplay the risks of their fossil-fuel products on climate change...
"fraudulent marketing scheme" to convince consumers that fossil fuel products do not alter the climate...

It was horrible......they downplayed.....publicly no less, by far the worst kind of downplaying.
Breaking dozens, if not hundreds, of downplaying laws.

And then they schemed. Consumers who otherwise would never have bought, or used, their evil products were tricked.....fraudulently, into believing that filling up their tanks would not
create a massive hurricane and steer it into those towns.

If only a whistle blower would come forward with the internal documents naming the
16 municipalities that Big Oil targeted. They probably also bought derivatives to profit
from the destruction......derivatives created by Goldman Sachs and AIG no doubt.

What a bizarre half truth existence you live. I can suggest better things to do with your time and brain.

Done?

Okay, read the link I provided. Follow links within. Exxon is part of a set of companies being sued on the basis of RICO law. Suit was recently filed.
Come on. You are setting the bar too high. He has trouble with reading/comprehension.

Forum List

Back