Facebook, apple purge infowars for hate speech

If it is untestamented garbage, why should it be given a large audience?
Since when is that what we want to see? listen to? Oh, I get it, the National Enquirer thing. Well, folks can still go to InfoWars.com and enjoy him. I'm sure after all these years of being front and center on all those giant sites, Jones has quite a large following. They can still follow him. I am apparently missing the problem here.

The problem is what would you feel if the media giants decided to suppress something or someone you supported?

Why do you feel comfortable with giant corporations deciding who gets to see what?
what would you feel if the media giants decided to suppress something or someone you supported?
I remember when CBS cancelled the Smothers Brothers. It sucked. I survived and the counter movement did not die.

Were they cancelled for political reasons?
Oh, yeah. Big time.

You got proof of that?
I have read about that on another forum. They seemed to side with the "hippies" during the vietnam war so CBS kicked them off air. They even had a few shows they refused to air..

Last edited:
The point is one person's hate group is another's darling. Let the markets decide.
The market has decided. They got shutdown for breaking the market's rules.

No, that is not the market. This is censorship carried out by a couple of Oligarchs squashing the 1st Amendment rights of someone who makes them squeamish. The market works by people either paying attention to or ignoring the speaker.

The tech giants are now going to face regulation according to Issa. Foolish power play on their part because the government is talking FEC regulation as well.

It's very foolish. The all claim that they are just platforms and not content providers. Censoring perfectly legal speech is an editorial act of a content provider. Taken to a logical conclusion, they will now have to provide EQUAL TIME and EQUAL ACCESS to political opponents, or their services can be classified as in kind political donations.

No, that is not the market. This is censorship carried out by a couple of Oligarchs squashing the 1st Amendment rights of someone who makes them squeamish. The market works by people either paying attention to or ignoring the speaker.
No one's rights have been infringed upon here. The government didn't shut them down, a private company or a group of private companies did.

Learn to speak English.

No, I don't think it works that way. Exposing nutters by letting them keep talking just gives them the chance to grow their audience and their following. Best they don't have such a large soap box to lie from, from the start.

So bascially you want media giants to decide who gets to say things to large audiences....
Since when is that what we want to see? listen to? Oh, I get it, the National Enquirer thing. Well, folks can still go to InfoWars.com and enjoy him. I'm sure after all these years of being front and center on all those giant sites, Jones has quite a large following. They can still follow him. I am apparently missing the problem here.

The problem is what would you feel if the media giants decided to suppress something or someone you supported?

Why do you feel comfortable with giant corporations deciding who gets to see what?
Who would you rather decide what is on their platforms?

if they call themselves an open forum, let people watch what they want to watch.
Remember your support for businesses choosing who they serve and who they don't serve? Well.................

what would you feel if the media giants decided to suppress something or someone you supported?
I remember when CBS cancelled the Smothers Brothers. It sucked. I survived and the counter movement did not die.

Oh, yeah. Big time.

You got proof of that?
I guess you had to be there. lol

Yeah, don't worry about Alex Jones. He will have a future as the new Shamwow guy.

So bascially you want media giants to decide who gets to say things to large audiences....

if they call themselves an open forum, let people watch what they want to watch.
Remember your support for businesses choosing who they serve and who they don't serve? Well.................

Only in very specific situations as you keep forgetting.

Again social media sites are unique as they claim they are only platforms, and the content provided is not really theirs (only kind of is) to avoid liability.

They also claim to be areas of exchange for ideas.

No one's rights have been infringed upon here. The government didn't shut them down, a private company or a group of private companies did.

Learn to speak English.

Giant Oligarchs who control the majority of a market have near government-like power. They are infringing on free speech rights given the big exemptions they get from government regulation due to the "not a content provider" status.

But go ahead and think it's a good idea for them to censor political speech. Such tactics have always ended well throughout history....not.

They're not getting rid of InfoWars, more's the pity.

What do you mean by ‘getting rid of’?
Have the powers that be shut down his site? Can people still go to it, click on it, whatever people do?
Can’t you answer the question? You said it’s a pity it hasn’t been got rid of.
I’m asking you to clarify what you mean by that.
Are you again calling for censorship, for it to be banned?

Yeah, don't worry about Alex Jones. He will have a future as the new Shamwow guy.
Dude..that was funny AF!!

8c8881134-shamwowguy.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg
8c8978315-vincemug.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Tom Cook’s trillion dollar megacorp has purged a host of Alex Jones’s podcasts saying they will “not tolerate hate speech” on iTunes and leftists are ecstatic.

Leftists Cheer Apple Purging Alex Jones From iTunes For ‘Hate Speech,’ Demand More Censorship

Awwww you all are just so glad, but one more time TARDS they are and will come for you next.

They will come for your sources next a** holes......... watch it unfold as you open your mouths and that foot gets shoved so far down that throat you can't ever get any air......

Other sites are being shut down you STUPID A** holes.

YOU ARE ALL BEING TRAINED BECAUSE MORE ARE COMING ( shut downs).

LMFAO GAWD U LEFTIST ARE THE DUMBEST skanks.

Oh look we have the same mentality on here don't we.

View attachment 208775

Book Burning, circa 2018.

Fascism is in their genes

It's a shame their intelligence level is so low, so low they can't comprehend what this means. One doesn't have to like infowars to see where this is headed.

I see a fat pig who made millions peddling conspiracy theories on the backs of 3,000 murder victims after 9/11. Like I said, when some one who matters gets “censored” I’ll worry. Alex Jones has made millions peddling crazy lies. Fuck him, fuck his family I hope they all go broke and starve. As for stupid people, it’s you morons who believe his bullshit about chem trails being geoengeneering to make the climate better for the Alejandro when they come and needle AJ’s line about the government slowly killing is all off by poisoning our food with preservatives. Sing called stupid and ignorant by your type is an honerable thing.

it's the fact they can get away with it when it happens to people most people detest that gives them the balls to go after more people, more mainstream people.

Jones is a nutter, but the best way to expose nutters is to let them keep talking, not by making virtual martyrs out of them.
No, I don't think it works that way. Exposing nutters by letting them keep talking just gives them the chance to grow their audience and their following. Best they don't have such a large soap box to lie from, from the start.
So yet again, you want people you don’t agree with shut down?

Yes they were. but we survived.....just like we are surviving with the SCOTUS decision about businesses getting to turn down customers for religious/moral reasons. Now you don't like it?

The msm and the Democrats don't want you listening to anything other than their Neo-Marxist approved propaganda blowtorches. They want you to be afraid to see the other side and make up your own mind. It's called mind control.

It's a shame their intelligence level is so low, so low they can't comprehend what this means. One doesn't have to like infowars to see where this is headed.

I see a fat pig who made millions peddling conspiracy theories on the backs of 3,000 murder victims after 9/11. Like I said, when some one who matters gets “censored” I’ll worry. Alex Jones has made millions peddling crazy lies. Fuck him, fuck his family I hope they all go broke and starve. As for stupid people, it’s you morons who believe his bullshit about chem trails being geoengeneering to make the climate better for the Alejandro when they come and needle AJ’s line about the government slowly killing is all off by poisoning our food with preservatives. Sing called stupid and ignorant by your type is an honerable thing.

it's the fact they can get away with it when it happens to people most people detest that gives them the balls to go after more people, more mainstream people.

Jones is a nutter, but the best way to expose nutters is to let them keep talking, not by making virtual martyrs out of them.
Thats what people said generations ago when they were burning books!
SMH
No one is burning anyone's book. InfoWars is still there. Storm Front is still there.
I don't get it.
Can you no longer get to InfoWars from an Apple phone? You can't go to it with the IP address?
But you said it’s a pity infowars hasn’t been gotten rid of. So you want it censored/disappeared?

Only in very specific situations as you keep forgetting.

Again social media sites are unique as they claim they are only platforms, and the content provided is not really theirs (only kind of is) to avoid liability.

They also claim to be areas of exchange for ideas.
Nope....they are a private business....SCOTUS says they can reject customers for religious/moral reasons. Can't get much more moral than booting Jones and InfoWars.

SMH
No one is burning anyone's book. InfoWars is still there. Storm Front is still there.
I don't get it.
Can you no longer get to InfoWars from an Apple phone? You can't go to it with the IP address?
Its the EQUIVALENT of burning books.
Who cares if he says crazy shit? There are MILLIONS of people on youtube saying crazy shit.
Its just more of that double standard partisan BULLSHIT.
Like people defending that racist asian chick. Did you know a black woman did the same tweet as that girl and replaced white with black and another with jews? Wanna know what happened? They deleted them.
But since she is a leftist, they dont give a shit.
Its not about content. Its not about racism. ITS ABOUT POLITICS
Book Burning.
You didn't answer my question. CAN you still access InfoWars from an Apple phone? Or don't you know?
This isnt about his website, its about social media. Who would shut down his website? Al Gore? o_O
Your question is completely irrelevant.
TN, I'm serious. What does social media have to do with it if he still has his website? I do not use social media at all, and I don't understand.

SMH
I don't get it.
But you said it’s a pity infowars hasn’t been gotten rid of. So you want it censored/disappeared?
If wishes were horses, even beggars would ride.
As my grandmother used to say.

SMH
I don't get it.
Its the EQUIVALENT of burning books.
Who cares if he says crazy shit? There are MILLIONS of people on youtube saying crazy shit.
Its just more of that double standard partisan BULLSHIT.
Like people defending that racist asian chick. Did you know a black woman did the same tweet as that girl and replaced white with black and another with jews? Wanna know what happened? They deleted them.
But since she is a leftist, they dont give a shit.
Its not about content. Its not about racism. ITS ABOUT POLITICS
Book Burning.
You didn't answer my question. CAN you still access InfoWars from an Apple phone? Or don't you know?
This isnt about his website, its about social media. Who would shut down his website? Al Gore? o_O
Your question is completely irrelevant.
TN, I'm serious. What does social media have to do with it if he still has his website? I do not use social media at all, and I don't understand.
This is just about youtube. His website has nothing to do with youtube.
2 separate entities

Forum List

Back