Facebook blocks account of Ron Paul, who complains about it...on twitter!

This was expected. Not as a consequence of any content, but rather awareness of intent behind the continuing assault on alternative dialogue with regard to critical policy.

Watch how fast this gets dealt with when you don't stand around and whine about it, boys. The only way around it is straight through it. Heh heh.

Anyway...

Former US congressman Ron Paul has been mysteriously locked out of his Facebook page and accused of “repeatedly going against our Community Standards.” The platform didn’t explain which content on Paul’s page flipped the switch.

The post that supposedly triggered Facebook’s discipline was not displayed, nor was Paul given any further hints as to what he supposedly did to provoke the wrath of the social media behemoth. Instead, he was only given a link to “review our Community Standards to see what’s a violation.” Facebook’s Community Standards has exploded in size over the past few years as the platform scrambles to root out political wrongthink.

Continued - Former congressman Ron Paul locked out of Facebook for undisclosed reasons

As a courtesy...
Undisclosed? He’s censored for saying Big Tech is wrong for censorship.

What's that mean?

A lot of clunks can be worked out between the parties involved, rather than crying about it to the government to come solve.

Basically.

This isn't our first rodeo.

This is kind of funny...

Ah well. Now you know why I have no sympathy for establishment republicans and their talking heads in media. They're just as guilty of 'censorship' as those in the social media business. And now they're gonna piss and moan when they get hit with their own game? Pft. I couldn't give a darn less about the republican party, other than getting our own people in there to get in their way in some remedial way. And it's proven fruitful over time. What comes around goes around.

Did you think I was talking about hacking into their platform? Ha. No, nothing of the sort. That's not very ethical.

Last edited:
What's that mean?

A lot of clunks can be worked out between the parties involved, rather than crying about it to the government to come solve.

Basically.

This is kind of funny...

Ah well. Now you know why I have no sympathy for establishment republicans and their talking heads in media. They're just as guilty of 'censorship' as those in the social media business. And now they're gonna piss and moan when they get hit with their own game? Pft. I couldn't give a darn less about the republican party, other than getting our own people in there to get in their way in some remedial way. And it's proven fruitful over time. What comes around goes around.

Did you think I was talking about hacking into their platform? Ha. No, nothing of the sort. That's not very ethical.

So eliminate all anti-Trust laws?
Trump can create monopolies and ban registered Dems? Cool.

So eliminate all anti-Trust laws?
Trump can create monopolies and ban registered Dems? Cool.

I'm not a supporter of anti-trust laws.

It's very difficult to draw up a voluntary contract (a free-market concept that is largely forgotten and disregarded today) without the government interfering with voluntarism in the market and telling you what you can do, what you can't do, who you can hire, who you can't hire, what you should pay them and so forth.

Laws that are premised on the assumption that they're to protect the consumer too often achieve the opposite outcome. It's simply inconsistent with the very notion of freedom for the central government to apply blanket restrictions on voluntary agreements.

It's a rather deep discussion, actually. Rarely is the effort made, unfortunately.

What's that mean?

Basically.

This is kind of funny...

No.it sounded more to me like you were threatening violence.

The erasing of the constitution and our bill of rights is at hand and the dems haven't even been sworn in yet....
Well I think these guys can ban who they want, as long as the gov isn't doing it. I'd bet the gov is behind it since it seems like only cons are getting censored.
Well, they agreed to play by certain rules, including being neutral, so, no, they cant do what they want. But a far left government isnt going to do anything about it.

No.it sounded more to me like you were threatening violence.

Hm. Really. The only way that anything I said could even remotely be construed as a threat of violence is if you're just going around looking for reasons to make such a charge, OL.

That's a heck of a claim. And a bit reckless. Claims like that will land you in a courtroom if you're not careful. Seriously.

Speaking for myself, I'd never say anything on the Internet that I wouldn't be perfectly comfortable saying in a courtroom.

I believe in the political process. Violence is not a solution to anything.

I just learned something about you, though, given the nature of your response. Something that I'll surely remember in the future.

Last edited:
UPDATE: In an email on Monday night, a Facebook spokesperson says the company had mistakenly locked former Rep. Ron Paul's page.

That is all.

UPDATE: In an email on Monday night, a Facebook spokesperson says the company had mistakenly locked former Rep. Ron Paul's page.

That is all.

They probably realized they didn't have a leg to stand on. But I wouldn't be surprised if they try again by finding some bogus reason to censor him. I just hope his YouTube channel doesn't go, he's one of the last few truth speakers still standing there.

They probably realized they didn't have a leg to stand on. But I wouldn't be surprised if they try again by finding some bogus reason to censor him. I just hope his YouTube channel doesn't go, he's one of the last few truth speakers still standing there.

It's impossible to censor our folks. We aren't dependent upon them for anything. And they know it. Their platform is merely a convenience at best.

But yeah. People suck, for sure.

That is all.
I had a feeling they'd say it was a mistake, one of their filters gone astray.

He is about the biggest "peace" dude in politics. Even endorsed Tulsi but you know....the left.....TOW THE LINE OR ELSE

He is about the biggest "peace" dude in politics. Even endorsed Tulsi but you know....the left.....TOW THE LINE OR ELSE
If he lied and said Dump won the election I am glad he is blocked so he can spread no more lies to unwitting idiot repubs.

Forum List

Back