Facebook Goes Full Fascist Mode

I have brought these specific cases up in our previous discussions.

Emmett Till was a 14 year old boy who was accused of whistling at a white woman (and flirting with her). A few nights later Till was abducted from where he was staying, beaten and mutilated before being shot in the head. His body was then sunk in the Tallahatchie River. This was in 1955 in the Mississippi Delta. The claim that they could not have found a judge is laughable.

You defended that.

Mary Turner was the wife of a black man who was lynched. She was also 8 months pregnant. She denounced the hanging and called out the ignorant rednecks who had done it. She threatened legal action against them. She fled after she was threatened, but the mob caught her. They hung her upside down and doused her with gasoline and lit her on fire. She was still alive when one of the mob cut her belly open and stomped on the fetus.

You defended that.

Michael Donald had committed no crime. Another black man was accused of killing a white policeman. His first trial was declared a mistrial because the jury could not come to a decision. There would be 2 more trials, with the last one seeing the man convicted. But the local kkk was angry about the mistrial. Two klansmen (cowardsmen) drove around that night with a gun and a rope, looking for a black man to attack. They found Michael Donald. They chased him, beat him, and strangled him with a rope. They then showed off the body at a party at the house of a klan elder, before hanging his body from a tree. This was in 1981.

You defended that.

Your "there was no judge" excuses do not apply to any of the above cases.
There’s two sides to every story just like the story about Nazis are untrue

Bullshit. The people discussed above were murdered. There are not two sides. There is the truth and there is bullshit.

The woman who accused Emmett Till of harassing her later recanted and admitted she made it up.

The other two lynchings were well publicized and investigated. The mother of Michael Donald ended up owning the kkk's property.

These are true stories of despicable behavior, murder and the denial of 6th amendment rights. And you claim there are two sides to every story? LMAO!! That is so weak. Stand up for everyone's constitutional rights or quit whining about yours.
If that is true then that’s criminal behavior I do not condone criminal behavior I stated what I believe in. We are talking about how towns used to conduct punishment. Now you’re claiming him for unjustified punishment

No, WE are not discussing any such thing. You have tried to shift to that. Originally you tried the "we the people" crap, despite having no evidence that "we the people" wanted any such thing as a majority. And despite me showing you over and over that constitutional rights cannot be overridden by a simple majority.

You defended each of the case I listed.
It’s pretty simple to understand that most towns in America at one point handled a lot differently than they do today. I think you’re against American history. Unfortunately these towns weren’t rich enough to live in the land you would like.. I understand American disappoints you maybe you should move out

Its pretty simple to understand that you approve of lynching.

It is also pretty simple to see that you are all for YOUR constitutional rights, but for other's rights it is not so important.

Also, many times in the Old West, prisoners were held until the Circuit Judge came through. Then the trial was held.

BTW, all three of the cases I listed above happened in the 20th century, with two of them since 1950. And when you were first confronted with them, you defended the lynching.

As a matter of fact, when I first brought up the case of Michael Donald, your reply was "he shouldn't have raped a white woman".

I hope when this CV crap is over Trump sends the DOJ after these fascists.

For what? Please show me the exact law that mandates a private company can not choose what to post and not post on their own system, be it print, broadcast, or online.

Why so many people seem to believe that a private company or individual can violate their "right to free speech" always amazes me.

I haven't noticed any fascism on FaceBook. I see political posts from both sides.

I also see friends and family from all over the world able to communicate easily. I see solid information posted and nonsense challenged and debunked.

I don't see problem with using the social media according to their rules. They own the platform.
They are deleting post about rallies coming up, to PROTEST, to ASSEMBLE.

And? It is a privately owned business. They can do as they please. Perhaps they are worried about liability.
They said nothing about getting sued. And no judge would side that decision. Why are you promoting fascism?

I am not promoting anything of the sort. Whether they said anything or not, it could be a factor.

But the bottom line is, it is a privately owned business and they write the rules for its use.
You are correct FOR NOW.

They need to be regulated as the public square that they have CLEARLY replaced.

Emmett Till was a 14 year old boy who was accused of whistling at a white woman (and flirting with her). A few nights later Till was abducted from where he was staying, beaten and mutilated before being shot in the head. His body was then sunk in the Tallahatchie River. This was in 1955 in the Mississippi Delta. The claim that they could not have found a judge is laughable.

You defended that.

Mary Turner was the wife of a black man who was lynched. She was also 8 months pregnant. She denounced the hanging and called out the ignorant rednecks who had done it. She threatened legal action against them. She fled after she was threatened, but the mob caught her. They hung her upside down and doused her with gasoline and lit her on fire. She was still alive when one of the mob cut her belly open and stomped on the fetus.

You defended that.

Michael Donald had committed no crime. Another black man was accused of killing a white policeman. His first trial was declared a mistrial because the jury could not come to a decision. There would be 2 more trials, with the last one seeing the man convicted. But the local kkk was angry about the mistrial. Two klansmen (cowardsmen) drove around that night with a gun and a rope, looking for a black man to attack. They found Michael Donald. They chased him, beat him, and strangled him with a rope. They then showed off the body at a party at the house of a klan elder, before hanging his body from a tree. This was in 1981.

You defended that.

Bullshit. The people discussed above were murdered. There are not two sides. There is the truth and there is bullshit.

The woman who accused Emmett Till of harassing her later recanted and admitted she made it up.

The other two lynchings were well publicized and investigated. The mother of Michael Donald ended up owning the kkk's property.

These are true stories of despicable behavior, murder and the denial of 6th amendment rights. And you claim there are two sides to every story? LMAO!! That is so weak. Stand up for everyone's constitutional rights or quit whining about yours.
If that is true then that’s criminal behavior I do not condone criminal behavior I stated what I believe in. We are talking about how towns used to conduct punishment. Now you’re claiming him for unjustified punishment

No, WE are not discussing any such thing. You have tried to shift to that. Originally you tried the "we the people" crap, despite having no evidence that "we the people" wanted any such thing as a majority. And despite me showing you over and over that constitutional rights cannot be overridden by a simple majority.

It’s pretty simple to understand that most towns in America at one point handled a lot differently than they do today. I think you’re against American history. Unfortunately these towns weren’t rich enough to live in the land you would like.. I understand American disappoints you maybe you should move out

It is also pretty simple to see that you are all for YOUR constitutional rights, but for other's rights it is not so important.

Also, many times in the Old West, prisoners were held until the Circuit Judge came through. Then the trial was held.

BTW, all three of the cases I listed above happened in the 20th century, with two of them since 1950. And when you were first confronted with them, you defended the lynching.

As a matter of fact, when I first brought up the case of Michael Donald, your reply was "he shouldn't have raped a white woman".
OK law man! I’m
Still waiting on your decision! There is a murder out there ! What do you want to do??

Face book whether they like it or not is our public online form, we should stay and fight for free speech.

"Free Speech" only relates to the Government trying to censor you. It has not a damned thing to do with a private individual or company doing it.

This is like Constitution 101 stuff here.
So my speech isn’t protected from another citizen planning to shit it down?

I haven't noticed any fascism on FaceBook. I see political posts from both sides.

I also see friends and family from all over the world able to communicate easily. I see solid information posted and nonsense challenged and debunked.

I don't see problem with using the social media according to their rules. They own the platform.

And? It is a privately owned business. They can do as they please. Perhaps they are worried about liability.
They said nothing about getting sued. And no judge would side that decision. Why are you promoting fascism?

I am not promoting anything of the sort. Whether they said anything or not, it could be a factor.

But the bottom line is, it is a privately owned business and they write the rules for its use.
You are correct FOR NOW.

Not regulated but enforced to allow all speech to be protected, they are the online public square

You are correct FOR NOW.

Not regulated but enforced to allow all speech to be protected, they are the online public square

It is still a privately owned business. If you want to make your public square on private property, you lose certain things.

You defended that.

You defended that.

You defended that.

OK law man! I’m
Still waiting on your decision! There is a murder out there ! What do you want to do??

Arrest him and hold him until the circuit judge comes through town.

Face book whether they like it or not is our public online form, we should stay and fight for free speech.

"Free Speech" only relates to the Government trying to censor you. It has not a damned thing to do with a private individual or company doing it.

How does another citizen shut it down?

By shouting louder? Yep, that is legal.

You really should study the US Constitution.

You are correct FOR NOW.

It is still a privately owned business. If you want to make your public square on private property, you lose certain things.
We will see

You defended that.

You defended that.

You defended that.

OK law man! I’m

Your jail is limited, you have holding cells of domestic violence, petty crime, you can’t hold murders now you have to spend money to feed him BOSS?? Come on law man! We want justice! Why do you do?? Looks like you’ll be voted out or you gonna lose all that money you were making as a law man because you don’t have the balls to execute that son of a bitch

The mayor of Boston planned to shut down my speech

You are correct FOR NOW.

We will see

No, not "we will see". Private property is still private property.

You are correct FOR NOW.

We will see

Antitrust laws my friend

You defended that.

You defended that.

You defended that.

OK law man! I’m

Your jail is limited, you have holding cells of domestic violence, petty crime, you can’t hold murders now you have to spend money to feed him BOSS?? Come on law man! We want justice! Why do you do?? Looks like you’ll be voted out or you gonna lose all that money you were making as a law man because you don’t have the balls to execute that son of a bitch

Oh, so you would throw away someone's constitutional rights for a few dollars? I won't. If I have to, I'll let the domestic violence or petty crime criminals go.

You are really stretching to try to make this case. But no matter how you make up shit, lie, or create silly hypothetical situations that are so restricted as to be nonsense, you have still defended and advocated for denying people their 6th amendment rights and approved of murder.

And for you to pretend that this was ever about poor towns in the old west is just a lie.

The last lynching case I presented above was in the 1980s in Mobile Alabama. Your answer does not work. And frankly, you should be embarrassed at trying to pretend this is all about history.

The mayor of Boston planned to shut down my speech

As a private citizen? Or in his official capacity as mayor?

You are correct FOR NOW.

We will see

Antitrust laws my friend

Antitrust laws make sure there is competition. It has absolutely nothing to do with you being able to co-opt their private business to use as a platform for your speech.

You are correct FOR NOW.

We will see

Antitrust laws my friend

This post of yours is just further proof that you are an idiot.

Not if they own it.

Feel free to do it in a public square. Most city and county have essentially "open mic nights" where you can air your grievances. You are free to do it wherever you want.

But what you are demanding is the equivalent of going into their front yard and doing it there. Sorry, their yard, you got not rights other than what they give you.

Do not like it, scream in your own yard as much as you like.

No, they are unquestionably private.

Also, not all speech is protected. It is actually perfectly legal for the Government to shut down your public speech as well. Heck, here in California you can get in legal trouble for using the wrong pronoun.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back