Facts dont work in modern politics

Yes, because as we all know the Democrats never tried to stick it to Bush during DumBama's first few years.

I remember when Bin Laden was killed. Ears couldn't wait to get in front of the cameras and brag how it was Seal Team 6 he sent in to kill the terrorist. Then a few months later the terrorists shot down Seal Team 6's helicopter killing most of the members.

Political gamesmanship is as old as oxygen. Sticking it to Mexico, sticking it to the NFL, sticking it to your own bureaus and intel agencies, sticking it to TV personalities, sticking it to comedians, etc... is Trump's schism. Of course the reason he did it makes perfect sense:

• Mexico--plays to fools like you.
  • The NFL--They didn't want the scumbag anywhere near their league.
  • The FBI--so the investigation into the multiple scandals is jaundiced
  • The Intel agencies--so his actually legitimate election win seems somehow more legitimate
  • TV personalities--dual purpose--plays to fools like you AND because they never accepted him in Hollywood
  • Comedians--they've made fun of presidents forever!!! Only this one doesn't seem to understand it comes with the territory.
  • The Press---call everything negative fake news; fools like you parrot the nonsense on social media.

Equating the two is stupid. Obama during the announcement of Bin Laden's death didn't use people who have been through enough as a prop during a photo op for one thing.

Obama saying it was Team 6 was stupid on his part as well. Servicemen overseas understand there are people out to get them. Specifically mentioning one force or another is bush league (no pun intended) on the part of the President.

The thing is you on the left think that treatment of your guy is so much different than your treatment of our guy.

Mexico has been using this country like an old dishrag for decades. Trump is trying to put a stop to it.

Trump had an opinion on the NFL, just like Ears had an opinion on Travon Martin and Michael Brown. Until you people get total control over this country, our President is still allowed to have opinions.

The FBI is corrupt and has been since Comey decided to play politics. Is there something wrong with trying to straighten out a corrupt agency?

Trump was fine with Hollywood until he ran as a Republican President. Are you trying to tell me there isn't bias in the entertainment industry against Republicans? It is unfortunate, but some people form a political opinion based on entertainers and comedians.

But thank you for at least admitting that DumBama abused his bragging rights just like Trump. The only difference is Trump has to remind people of the good he's doing for this country because the MSM will not. If DumBama wiped his ass the right way, the media was praising him. The guy got a Noble Peace Prize just for getting elected.

Good points actually.

Mexico is not "sending" it's rapist as the pervert said. Are some of them criminals who come across the border? Sure. The overwhelming majority are just people who come here to work and make a living for themselves. C'mon...you know that. Immigrant crime is not worse than crimes committed by natives. Taxing our systems? Yes...but all immigrants do that. An English gentleman taxes the freeway system as much as an illegal alien from Mexico.

You brought up Trayvon Martin. Here is the statement Obama made about the verdict. See if you can spot the differences. Since I know you probably won't read them...I'll underline and highlight the essential part.

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we're doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we're doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that's a job for all of us. That's the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

Now, can you showed me where Trump did any such thing...recognizing they have a right to their opinion, etc...? Did Obama call for Zimmerman to be deported, blackballed, call him names, etc? No.

The FBI is corrupt? Yeah, okay. Total BS.

Hollywood rejected most of his overtures. After the Apprentice ran it's course, he had to have a celebrity influence to remain on the air. There is bias in Hollywood. That is for sure. Thats a fact. I don't deny it. But what is also a fact is that Trump's rejection happened well before he ran for President. Making stupid Twitter statements

He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2012

The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

The above and the racism involved in being a birther probably didn't help things. As they shouldn't.

The supposed blackout of coverage by the MSM is nonsense. When he makes disparaging comments about people as he does at every rally he has...is the media supposed to ignore that? When his supporters start chanting vulgar words at his rallies...should that not be covered?

The media was totally in the bag for Obama. That is 100% true. Of course, his message was one of hope which is a good thing. Trump's message is that we're going to roll back your healthcare (which he did), let corporations pollute more (which he has done), pull out of agreements with our allies (which he has done), build a wall to keep out a largely beneficial population (which he is trying to do).... If you want positive coverage, do something positive.

Oh please. If Hillary were President with our economy and overseas accomplishments, the left would be having parades in the street. The MSM couldn't quit talking about her. They wouldn't have printed or said one negative word.

DumBama's message was nothing more than any other Democrat: more government control of the people. Between Commie Care and food stamps alone, he created over 40 million more new government dependents. Think that was an accident? Yet the media never pointed that out unless it was in praise.

It really has nothing to do with Trump, it's any Republican. Look at the way they attacked Palin's children or even Bush's. Did any comedian ever show a picture of them holding DumBama's severed head in effigy? Could you imagine if a comedian called Obam's daughter holding her baby a C***? They would have been ousted from the entertainment industry for life.

As far as Travon, when did DumBama ever stick his nose in local issues that didn't' involve a black person? Don't you remember: If I had a son, he would have looked just like Travon? Even in your own post, he called self-defense a tragedy. He used the occasion to promote gun control. Did he go after Zimmerman? No he didn't, that's what Racist Holder was for, who threatened to go after Zimmerman on federal charges after he was found not guilty.

Congrats on inserting so much nonsense into such little space. Kudos.

Fact...we kept seeing Hillary stumble getting into the van. I saw it at least 20 times on the day it happened--the anniversary of 9/11. I don't watch Fox or MSNBC...where did I see that? On the MSM that you swear never covers anything negative. As for not being able to quit talking about someone...the other Republican candidates complained about how much coverage Trump was getting... So that is false.

An economy on the brink of collapse created more dependents--one handed to him by former Republican icon, GWB--you know the guy who is now personal non-grata in GOP circles.

Zimmerman remains a free man...some "lynch mob" bub....LOL. Obama was disproportionately involved in black issues. Think maybe you can give the first black President a break on that...maybe????

As for calling his daughters a ****, I think Samantha Bee should be fired immediately. It is sad that TBS hasn't done it yet. Look what happened to Kathy Giffith...banished for life. I do know Mark Halperin called Obama an "asshole" on MSNBC. and...SHOCK...he was suspended.

I know you've sold out to support this pervert in the white house. But please try to not be so vividly obtuse.

Well there you go, you hit the nail on the head. Bee was not fired, and nor was the many that spoke nearly the same before her. Rosanne with a number one hit show? Gone. Never to be seen again. And at the same time, she offered a sincere apology.

Yes, the MSM did show Hil-Liar falling in the van, but they included her excuses as to why it happened. It was a lie. You mean to tell me that any licensed physician (which she had with her) would recommend a person collapsing from Pneumonia be rushed to her daughters apartment, and then recommend going outside to kiss children? I worked in medical for ten years. I never heard of that. Many of our elderly patients with pneumonia died even under intense care. Hillary did not have a miraculous recovery from pneumonia, her cure was hot black coffee.

You can use the economy as an excuse for more government dependents, but the so-called recession ended a few months after DumBama took presidency. Yet the food stamp numbers remained pretty much level for his entire two terms when the economy was supposedly kicking ass. He changed the requirements and he changed the amount. The only reason food stamps started to go down is because of cuts in the program by the Republican congress and Republican Governors putting requirements to collect. In Maine, they instituted simple requirements for recipients with no dependents. Most of them dropped out of the program. It seems they weren't that hungry after all. Other Republican led states followed suit.

Political gamesmanship is as old as oxygen. Sticking it to Mexico, sticking it to the NFL, sticking it to your own bureaus and intel agencies, sticking it to TV personalities, sticking it to comedians, etc... is Trump's schism. Of course the reason he did it makes perfect sense:

• Mexico--plays to fools like you.
  • The NFL--They didn't want the scumbag anywhere near their league.
  • The FBI--so the investigation into the multiple scandals is jaundiced
  • The Intel agencies--so his actually legitimate election win seems somehow more legitimate
  • TV personalities--dual purpose--plays to fools like you AND because they never accepted him in Hollywood
  • Comedians--they've made fun of presidents forever!!! Only this one doesn't seem to understand it comes with the territory.
  • The Press---call everything negative fake news; fools like you parrot the nonsense on social media.

Equating the two is stupid. Obama during the announcement of Bin Laden's death didn't use people who have been through enough as a prop during a photo op for one thing.

Obama saying it was Team 6 was stupid on his part as well. Servicemen overseas understand there are people out to get them. Specifically mentioning one force or another is bush league (no pun intended) on the part of the President.

The thing is you on the left think that treatment of your guy is so much different than your treatment of our guy.

Mexico has been using this country like an old dishrag for decades. Trump is trying to put a stop to it.

Trump had an opinion on the NFL, just like Ears had an opinion on Travon Martin and Michael Brown. Until you people get total control over this country, our President is still allowed to have opinions.

The FBI is corrupt and has been since Comey decided to play politics. Is there something wrong with trying to straighten out a corrupt agency?

Trump was fine with Hollywood until he ran as a Republican President. Are you trying to tell me there isn't bias in the entertainment industry against Republicans? It is unfortunate, but some people form a political opinion based on entertainers and comedians.

But thank you for at least admitting that DumBama abused his bragging rights just like Trump. The only difference is Trump has to remind people of the good he's doing for this country because the MSM will not. If DumBama wiped his ass the right way, the media was praising him. The guy got a Noble Peace Prize just for getting elected.

Good points actually.

Mexico is not "sending" it's rapist as the pervert said. Are some of them criminals who come across the border? Sure. The overwhelming majority are just people who come here to work and make a living for themselves. C'mon...you know that. Immigrant crime is not worse than crimes committed by natives. Taxing our systems? Yes...but all immigrants do that. An English gentleman taxes the freeway system as much as an illegal alien from Mexico.

You brought up Trayvon Martin. Here is the statement Obama made about the verdict. See if you can spot the differences. Since I know you probably won't read them...I'll underline and highlight the essential part.

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we're doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we're doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that's a job for all of us. That's the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

Now, can you showed me where Trump did any such thing...recognizing they have a right to their opinion, etc...? Did Obama call for Zimmerman to be deported, blackballed, call him names, etc? No.

Hollywood rejected most of his overtures. After the Apprentice ran it's course, he had to have a celebrity influence to remain on the air. There is bias in Hollywood. That is for sure. Thats a fact. I don't deny it. But what is also a fact is that Trump's rejection happened well before he ran for President. Making stupid Twitter statements

He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!

The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

The above and the racism involved in being a birther probably didn't help things. As they shouldn't.

The supposed blackout of coverage by the MSM is nonsense. When he makes disparaging comments about people as he does at every rally he has...is the media supposed to ignore that? When his supporters start chanting vulgar words at his rallies...should that not be covered?

The media was totally in the bag for Obama. That is 100% true. Of course, his message was one of hope which is a good thing. Trump's message is that we're going to roll back your healthcare (which he did), let corporations pollute more (which he has done), pull out of agreements with our allies (which he has done), build a wall to keep out a largely beneficial population (which he is trying to do).... If you want positive coverage, do something positive.

Oh please. If Hillary were President with our economy and overseas accomplishments, the left would be having parades in the street. The MSM couldn't quit talking about her. They wouldn't have printed or said one negative word.

DumBama's message was nothing more than any other Democrat: more government control of the people. Between Commie Care and food stamps alone, he created over 40 million more new government dependents. Think that was an accident? Yet the media never pointed that out unless it was in praise.

It really has nothing to do with Trump, it's any Republican. Look at the way they attacked Palin's children or even Bush's. Did any comedian ever show a picture of them holding DumBama's severed head in effigy? Could you imagine if a comedian called Obam's daughter holding her baby a C***? They would have been ousted from the entertainment industry for life.

As far as Travon, when did DumBama ever stick his nose in local issues that didn't' involve a black person? Don't you remember: If I had a son, he would have looked just like Travon? Even in your own post, he called self-defense a tragedy. He used the occasion to promote gun control. Did he go after Zimmerman? No he didn't, that's what Racist Holder was for, who threatened to go after Zimmerman on federal charges after he was found not guilty.

Fact...we kept seeing Hillary stumble getting into the van. I saw it at least 20 times on the day it happened--the anniversary of 9/11. I don't watch Fox or MSNBC...where did I see that? On the MSM that you swear never covers anything negative. As for not being able to quit talking about someone...the other Republican candidates complained about how much coverage Trump was getting... So that is false.

An economy on the brink of collapse created more dependents--one handed to him by former Republican icon, GWB--you know the guy who is now personal non-grata in GOP circles.

Zimmerman remains a free man...some "lynch mob" bub....LOL. Obama was disproportionately involved in black issues. Think maybe you can give the first black President a break on that...maybe????

As for calling his daughters a ****, I think Samantha Bee should be fired immediately. It is sad that TBS hasn't done it yet. Look what happened to Kathy Giffith...banished for life. I do know Mark Halperin called Obama an "asshole" on MSNBC. and...SHOCK...he was suspended.

I know you've sold out to support this pervert in the white house. But please try to not be so vividly obtuse.

Well there you go, you hit the nail on the head. Bee was not fired, and nor was the many that spoke nearly the same before her. Rosanne with a number one hit show? Gone. Never to be seen again. And at the same time, she offered a sincere apology.

Not true. Michael Richards….fired. Carlos Mancia….not fired but basically gone from the public eye. Dice Clay….who? Whoopi Goldberg…fired from Slim Fast. Charles Barkley; not renewed by Weight Watchers in part for the controversial statements he made about race. Kathy Griffith…banished for now. Roseanne’s treatment was not out of the ordinary at all. PS: Her apology was about as sincere as the “thoughts and prayers” of the GOP>

Yes, the MSM did show Hil-Liar falling in the van, but they included her excuses as to why it happened. It was a lie. You mean to tell me that any licensed physician (which she had with her) would recommend a person collapsing from Pneumonia be rushed to her daughters apartment, and then recommend going outside to kiss children? I worked in medical for ten years. I never heard of that. Many of our elderly patients with pneumonia died even under intense care. Hillary did not have a miraculous recovery from pneumonia, her cure was hot black coffee.
Just like the MSM included Roseanne’s excuse…Ambien!!!! Again,

You can use the economy as an excuse for more government dependents, but the so-called recession ended a few months after DumBama took presidency. Yet the food stamp numbers remained pretty much level for his entire two terms when the economy was supposedly kicking ass.
He changed the requirements and he changed the amount. The only reason food stamps started to go down is because of cuts in the program by the Republican congress and Republican Governors putting requirements to collect. In Maine, they instituted simple requirements for recipients with no dependents. Most of them dropped out of the program. It seems they weren't that hungry after all. Other Republican led states followed suit.
Clearly it worked. The 30+ GOP governors have ended poverty. Oh wait…they haven’t. Where is your outrage on that front?

It’s always helpful to actually look at what President Obama actually said. And I’m sure you can get some sexier quotes about his economy; wow, a President touting his policies!!!

Former President Obama jokingly thanked himself in a speech Tuesday as he detailed the economic accomplishments of his administration.

Obama was speaking about the actions his administration took to cut carbon emissions as part of the Paris climate change agreement.

"We met resistance every step of the way," Obama said during a speech at the North American Climate Summit in Chicago. "There were skeptics who said these actions would kill jobs and depress growth."

“As we took these actions, we saw the U.S. economy grow consistently. We saw the longest streak of job creation in American history by far,” Obama continued. “A streak that still continues, by the way.”
“Thanks, Obama,” he said, to laughter and applause from the audience.

I don’t think any serious MSM commentator would argue that the economy was “kicking ass” under Obama.

Even in the Information Age, it makes me sad to see how many people fervently hold to beliefs that are provably counter to fact.

Yes, I agree with the OP. This is a tribalistic low point in our history, and I don't see it ending well.

Good points actually.

Not true. Michael Richards….fired. Carlos Mancia….not fired but basically gone from the public eye. Dice Clay….who? Whoopi Goldberg…fired from Slim Fast. Charles Barkley; not renewed by Weight Watchers in part for the controversial statements he made about race. Kathy Griffith…banished for now. Roseanne’s treatment was not out of the ordinary at all. PS: Her apology was about as sincere as the “thoughts and prayers” of the GOP>

You can use the economy as an excuse for more government dependents, but the so-called recession ended a few months after DumBama took presidency. Yet the food stamp numbers remained pretty much level for his entire two terms when the economy was supposedly kicking ass.
He changed the requirements and he changed the amount. The only reason food stamps started to go down is because of cuts in the program by the Republican congress and Republican Governors putting requirements to collect. In Maine, they instituted simple requirements for recipients with no dependents. Most of them dropped out of the program. It seems they weren't that hungry after all. Other Republican led states followed suit.
Clearly it worked. The 30+ GOP governors have ended poverty. Oh wait…they haven’t. Where is your outrage on that front?

It’s always helpful to actually look at what President Obama actually said. And I’m sure you can get some sexier quotes about his economy; wow, a President touting his policies!!!

Former President Obama jokingly thanked himself in a speech Tuesday as he detailed the economic accomplishments of his administration.

Obama was speaking about the actions his administration took to cut carbon emissions as part of the Paris climate change agreement.

"We met resistance every step of the way," Obama said during a speech at the North American Climate Summit in Chicago. "There were skeptics who said these actions would kill jobs and depress growth."

“As we took these actions, we saw the U.S. economy grow consistently. We saw the longest streak of job creation in American history by far,” Obama continued. “A streak that still continues, by the way.”

I don’t think any serious MSM commentator would argue that the economy was “kicking ass” under Obama.

Food-Stamps-Annual-Benefits.jpg

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

The recession officially ended in June of 2009. Look at the huge increase in 2009. And don't be so quick to give credit where credit isn't really due when it comes to the environment:

In the past five years, there have been at least 75 scientific studies that all reach the same conclusion: methane emissions are falling — despite a huge increase in the level of natural gas, The Daily Caller’s Andrew Follett reported.

A recent study found that fracking has reduced carbon emissions by 20 percent, whereas the costly and heavily subsidized development of solar and wind energy has only reduced these same emissions by roughly 1 percent.

Obama Energy Czar: Fracking Is Good For The Environment

Private Eye | Brexit: Leave in the Lurch

Take the money lavished on the pricey consultants at Goddard Gunster. They and Leave.EU have admitted Goddard did a little more than give Banks the referendum-winning advice that “facts don’t work” in modern politics.

I noticed this statement in an article about the corrupt Brexit campaign. It seems to me to be a perfectly accurate summary of the current political landscape.

People vote on emotion rather than facts and a poorly educated populace is easily manipulated by its political masters.

Its not a partisan issue either. There are too may stupid people out there for democracy to function as it should. We need to invest in education or the world will come to a nasty end.. .
Translation. If you don't believe in what I tell you to believe your stupid.

Take the money lavished on the pricey consultants at Goddard Gunster. They and Leave.EU have admitted Goddard did a little more than give Banks the referendum-winning advice that “facts don’t work” in modern politics.

I noticed this statement in an article about the corrupt Brexit campaign. It seems to me to be a perfectly accurate summary of the current political landscape.

People vote on emotion rather than facts and a poorly educated populace is easily manipulated by its political masters.

Its not a partisan issue either. There are too may stupid people out there for democracy to function as it should. We need to invest in education or the world will come to a nasty end.. .

Investing in a bad education system won’t fix the problem.

Good points actually.

View attachment 196842

View attachment 196843

The recession officially ended in June of 2009. Look at the huge increase in 2009. And don't be so quick to give credit where credit isn't really due when it comes to the environment:

In the past five years, there have been at least 75 scientific studies that all reach the same conclusion: methane emissions are falling — despite a huge increase in the level of natural gas, The Daily Caller’s Andrew Follett reported.

A recent study found that fracking has reduced carbon emissions by 20 percent, whereas the costly and heavily subsidized development of solar and wind energy has only reduced these same emissions by roughly 1 percent.

Obama Energy Czar: Fracking Is Good For The Environment

ok

Americans used to depend on the left wing media for information but other information venues have developed in the 21st century. Brits still depend on their government funded BBC.

Yes, it's very sad.

The more information people have, the less they want to think about it. They simply want to be told something.

They're get angry because they've been duped, but they'll then latch onto someone else duping them even worse.

When you speak to a Chinese person, how can you tell them Democracy works when you look at the US?

Imagine, in ChinaDaily, CCP mouthpiece, they had an article about democracy in Hong Kong.

"They have three people to choose from, they got their democracy" this Beijing person said. Yes, three people to choose from, all picked by Beijing. Democracy? no.

The US, two people to choose from, picked by the two main parties who are controlled by money men who have never been elected. Just as much democracy as Hong Kong's got. None.

I was having a discussion with a gun nut yesterday. Gave him 3 links that said the Santa Fe HS campus had armed guards on campus. One was from USA Today. One was from the Washington Post. One was from Time magazine that said they not only had one armed guard but had two. He refused to believe any of them...

It doesn't "pay" to source your supporting statements to your opinions.
Cite the facts, regardless.

Although they lack the courage to admit they’re wrong, they still know they’re wrong nonetheless.

Disasters such as Brexit and Trump shouldn’t discourage those of good political faith to continue to cite the facts and express the truth.

Except neither brexit nor Trump have been disasters. I’m as shocked as anyone that Trump has done as well as he has. Brexit was always the best choice for the UK.

Those are facts.

the US ignorance is institutionalized in the Republican party and Fake Fox News.

This is the type of idiocy that caused Donna to call a spade a spade...

Brazile: Clinton campaign was a 'cult'

Try answering this, genius...

WHY does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other?

Yes you can't follow the OP so you go to a staple Red Herring. Meaningless.

So rather than discuss facts with him, you dismiss him on emotions.

You’ve illustrated the point of the op. Good job

Yeah, because education is SOOO not full of propaganda itself.

One reason for the post fact society is that education has become Marxist indoctrination.

Vladimir Putin played a big part in Brexit also. But you're right people sat on their brains while they voted their emotions in 2016.

We had more than our share of it. It's blatant ignorance.

trump-stupid-people-large-groups-56d7b2365f9b582ad5033c86.jpg

For more on Vladimir Putin's interference into Brexit and of course the United States a good book to read is.

51j3PYLWxaL._SY346_.jpg
\
Very well written, easy to follow & hard to put down.

Yes, it's very sad.

The more information people have, the less they want to think about it. They simply want to be told something.

They're get angry because they've been duped, but they'll then latch onto someone else duping them even worse.

When you speak to a Chinese person, how can you tell them Democracy works when you look at the US?

Imagine, in ChinaDaily, CCP mouthpiece, they had an article about democracy in Hong Kong.

"They have three people to choose from, they got their democracy" this Beijing person said. Yes, three people to choose from, all picked by Beijing. Democracy? no.

The US, two people to choose from, picked by the two main parties who are controlled by money men who have never been elected. Just as much democracy as Hong Kong's got. None.

I was having a discussion with a gun nut yesterday. Gave him 3 links that said the Santa Fe HS campus had armed guards on campus. One was from USA Today. One was from the Washington Post. One was from Time magazine that said they not only had one armed guard but had two. He refused to believe any of them...

Although they lack the courage to admit they’re wrong, they still know they’re wrong nonetheless.

Disasters such as Brexit and Trump shouldn’t discourage those of good political faith to continue to cite the facts and express the truth.

Except neither brexit nor Trump have been disasters. I’m as shocked as anyone that Trump has done as well as he has. Brexit was always the best choice for the UK.

Those are facts.

The fact is Trump is a freaking disaster. The worst President in this nations history. He won because people sat on their brains while voting their emotions. No one could have watched any of those debates either during the primary or with Hillary Clinton, and walked away believing Trump was qualified or competent to be POTUS. If they tell you differently they're lying through their teeth.

At this link you can read one article watch 2 FOX NEWS video's, and watch another video of Trump admitting to Obstruction of Justice on National T.V.

Go this link on this board then scroll down to post # 56.
It’s Russia, Russia, Russia

image038-4.jpg

The only reason impeachment proceedings haven't already begun is because the House and Senate are held by Republicans, who are terrified of a right wing base. But that won't last for much longer. Even Trump and Republicans admitted that Democrats will impeach Trump.
Trump: If Dems win in 2018 midterms, they'll impeach me
Republicans fear potential impeachment move if Democrats win in 2018 - CNNPolitics

Now that's quite an admittance when Republicans make a statement like that. They are basically stating they know there is or are reasons to impeach Trump.

To date Mueller has racked up 19 Federal Grand Jury Indictments, 5 guilty plea's and another 90 plus Federal Grand Jury criminal charges that are certain to produce more.

A great book to read that will prepare you for the open, public hearings and testimony that will begin in January, 2019 when Democrats take over one or both houses of congress. At that point NO ONE is going to be able to save Trump. Then the impeachment proceedings will begin.

51j3PYLWxaL.jpg

By electing Donald Trump, you have effectively killed the Republican party. For stats, links on all these special elections over the last year, along with pictures go to this link on this board. Coming this November to a Republican seat near you.
Blue wave coming this November 2018

Last edited:

Yes, it's very sad.

Those are facts.

Brexit hasn't even happened yet.

And even before it's happened, the British have lost 15% of the value of the pound.

The UK's EU membership fee

The UK pays about £13 billion a year. Or $17.4 billion a year currently.

That figure might actually be more, as they might have to pay in Euro equivalent.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...hment_data/file/686864/OTS_Release_012018.pdf

In January the UK exported £29.3 billion.

At $1.34 that's $39.2 billion.

Before Brexit the pound was around $1.45. That's $42.4 billion dollars.

So the UK lost $3.2 billion dollars in January alone. Times this by 12 months and the UK lost $38.4 billion dollars.

Of course, the pound has been much lower than $1.34, it was at $1.20 which means the UK lost even more money.

So, you save £13 billion a year and end up paying £28.6 billion. That's a lost of £15 billion pounds a year, more than DOUBLE.

Not only that, the UK is actually still paying into the EU. So, they've actually lost £28.6 billion.

Yes, trade has increased, you can see in figure 2 that this is the case. Problem is, trade has increased across the board as the western world has come out of recession.

The £90 billion the UK exported in the 4th quarter of 2017 compared to the £80 billion exported in the 1st quarter of 2011 might seem better, however in US dollars that's $120 billion in the 4th quarter of 2017 but $128 billion in the 1st quarter of 2011.

So you see that the UK is losing money like crazy. If you're losing $8 billion a quarter even with better exports, that's $32 billion dollars a year lost.

And BREXIT HASN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET.

Even farage has admitted its going to be crap.

And some Brexiter MP is applying for French residency.....

The head of the campaign no less.

Anger as Brexiter Nigel Lawson applies for French residency

This is a good example of the surreal atmosphere in public life today. A decade back it would have been the number one topic. Nowadays it gets a shrug.

I read a history book about the rise of the German navy in the early 1900s. They spoke a lot about the British Royal Family and how the future king (Edward VII) had lovers who were also married.

It was okay as long as it didn't become a "scandal". In other words, if the plebs found out their future monarch and head of their church was doing this, they'd have been mortified, but if the rich people kept it under wraps, it was never a problem.

Not much has changed, other than the players with power are in different places.

They can get away with things as long as not enough people give a damn.

People vote on emotion rather than facts, and a poorly educated populace is easily manipulated by its political masters.

So true!
As a famous, or infamous, Harvard psychologist said, Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
That takes an educated, independent mind that is not cemented to ones cultural emotional baggage.

Forum List

Back