Famed Investor Warns the “Greatest Bubble in Human History” Is About to Burst

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Overheated, to say the least. They've managed to prop it up longer than I imagined they could.

Act accordingly.

Spitznagel described the yearslong stock market rally as the “greatest bubble in human history.” Drawing parallels to the dot-com bubble, where the Nasdaq plummeted in 2000 after a surge in tech stock investments, he warned that the consequences this time could be even more severe.

“You don’t feel like a fool for making a bearish argument,” Spitznagel told the Journal. He believes the bubble’s burst will be exacerbated by the government’s $34 trillion debt, limiting the Federal Reserve’s ability to stave off a recession.

Despite the current rally, which Spitznagel predicts may continue for several months due to falling inflation and easing monetary policy, he cautioned that stocks could soon lose over half their value in a significant sell-off. He described the market situation as a “mega-tinderbox-time bomb.”

Spitznagel’s Universa Investments fund specializes in betting on black swan events, having reaped billions during the 2008 financial crisis, the 2015 flash crash, and the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020. Although he has been warning of a market crash since January 2023, he now believes the timeline is clearer, with a recession potentially on the horizon before the end of the year.

Overheated, to say the least. They've managed to prop it up longer than I imagined they could.

Act accordingly.

Spitznagel described the yearslong stock market rally as the “greatest bubble in human history.” Drawing parallels to the dot-com bubble, where the Nasdaq plummeted in 2000 after a surge in tech stock investments, he warned that the consequences this time could be even more severe.
“You don’t feel like a fool for making a bearish argument,” Spitznagel told the Journal. He believes the bubble’s burst will be exacerbated by the government’s $34 trillion debt, limiting the Federal Reserve’s ability to stave off a recession.
Despite the current rally, which Spitznagel predicts may continue for several months due to falling inflation and easing monetary policy, he cautioned that stocks could soon lose over half their value in a significant sell-off. He described the market situation as a “mega-tinderbox-time bomb.”
Spitznagel’s Universa Investments fund specializes in betting on black swan events, having reaped billions during the 2008 financial crisis, the 2015 flash crash, and the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020. Although he has been warning of a market crash since January 2023, he now believes the timeline is clearer, with a recession potentially on the horizon before the end of the year.

Yup. Our economy is built entirely on “the financial system” and the military industrial complex.

We used our muscle to force all Western and most other countries to conform to our banking system. The OPEC nations are forced to use the dollar for all oil trade. As soon as they dump the dollar for BRICS currency then the gig is up.

For the record, I don’t think it matters who is elected, it will happen. It isn’t any one party’s fault. Both parties sold us down this path long ago.

Act accordingly.

Let him short it then.

Americans will wake up one day and a loaf of bread will be $800.

America, if you are ready for this, you will ride the rocket.

Act accordingly.

Do you even have money in the stock market?

Some have it worse. Watching a show where rich and famous guy with very hot young chick at an indoor pool on the deck, they began to argue. She slips and falls backwards into a towel hook into her skull killing her instantly. He doesn’t stick around. He never touched her.

Would Police believe that? FUGITIVA, a Spanish movie.
What would you do? Cameras much?

When property values dropped in 2008/2009 I did pretty good myself.
That might sound selfish, but you buy cheap and sell high with anything.
It sucked for a lot of people, and likely will again if it happens again.
But there are winners and there are losers.

A few days ago, I pulled everything out of the stocks. Just in case something awful happens. I moved that money into a money market account that generates 5% a year guaranteed. Can pull out anytime.

I’m still invested into cryptocurrency though

Act accordingly.

The calamitous end is now inevitable .

They could still try for a final round of QE to delay it to nearer the election they assume will take place --- though I would think the chances of even that happening are no longer 100% .

If you want to see the BIGGEST bubble in history burst, all you need to do is invite me to your pool party after I've eaten a carton of ice cream.

Let him short it then.

Did you miss this in the OP?

Spitznagel’s Universa Investments fund specializes in betting on black swan events, having reaped billions during the 2008 financial crisis, the 2015 flash crash, and the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020.​

It is what he does.

Forum List

Back