Family faces jail because of idiotic school policy

Jail time may be going overboard. However, it is quite aggravating to sit through a graduation in which many people show a total lack of class.

Last edited:
Jail time may be going overboard. However, it is quite aggravating to sit through a graduation in which many people show a total lack of class.

I agree

I hate graduations where some families compete to see who can scream the loudest. But those families should be either asked to leave or subjected to the scorn of those around them

If you can't cheer at your child's graduation, it's not a free country anymore. /endthread

If you can't cheer at your child's graduation, it's not a free country anymore. /endthread
if you can't behave like an adult, you don't deserve to be at your child's graduation.
/endthread.

I agree. Too many inconsiderate parents turn graduations into a circus

They should be asked to leave. Disturbing the peace is a reach

if you can't behave like an adult, you don't deserve to be at your child's graduation.
/endthread.

Adults don't cheer for their children's success? Someone better tell these people.

Oh wait....that's different somehow, isn't it? It wouldn't be because these "adults" are white, hmmm?

It's aggravating to sit through a graduation period. Boring and long.

I know why they have this rule cuz they have to get through a thousand plus students but this seems a bit extreme.

Especially when they're black. Seems like more and more things are illegal when you are.

I'm sure if they do jail time or even if they dont...someone will point to their record as being a criminal must be because they committed...uh...quite aggravating upon public.

Ahh, scratch that...Just say they're resisting. That ones a shoe in

/endthread.

Adults don't cheer for their children's success? Someone better tell these people.

Oh wait....that's different somehow, isn't it? It wouldn't be because these "adults" are white, hmmm?

How 'bout because it's an athletic event not a graduation commencement. Got anymore oranges to go with the apples?

Especially when they're black. Seems like more and more things are illegal when you are.

I'm sure if they do jail time or even if they dont...someone will point to their record as being a criminal must be because they committed...uh...quite aggravating upon public.

Not everything is about black and white.

How 'bout because it's an athletic event not a graduation commencement.

Graduation is....not an accomplishment? And the graduation I posted, shall we just ignore that?

Tell you what, don't even bother. You're going to end up making yourself look very foolish. People are proud of their kids at graduation. Of course they want to cheer. It's not a crime. The only reason people have a big problem with is is because they are prudes who subscribe to a misguided notion of pristine perfection. Which, coincidentally, tends to coincide with white-preference racism.

Yeah... Because some family's need to be classless assholes who won't shut up ...overrides another's right to hear their child's name announced.

Not.

/endthread.

race has nothing to do with it. rules are rules, and graduation ceremonies should be dignified.

Not everything is about black and white.

Great reply...I'll remember that :rolleyes:

/endthread.

I agree. Too many inconsiderate parents turn graduations into a circus

They should be asked to leave. Disturbing the peace is a reach
so they get to make their disturbance, then they are 'punished' by being made to leave a graduation that they no longer have interest in?
i'm not saying that charges should always be brought, but I'm guessing next year's graduation will go a lot smoother at that school.

rules are rules

Yeah! The rules are no cheering and that if you cheer you're going to go to jail! That's freedom baby!

and graduation ceremonies should be dignified.

Says who? Who decides what constitutes as dignified? What makes cheering for your child's success undignified? Are the parents at the swim meet not dignified? Oh yeah, that's different, somehow.

What's dignified about arresting and jailing someone for cheering the success of their child? That's what you call dignified!?!

I'm going to file this thread under the growing list of excuses for why blacks should be arrested and placed into the system. Watch for a new police drama...The Graduation Squad.

police-be-like-drop-your-weapon.jpg

rules are rules

Yeah! The rules are no cheering and that if you cheer you're going to go to jail! That's freedom baby!

and graduation ceremonies should be dignified.

Says who? Who decides what constitutes as dignified? What makes cheering for your child's success undignified? Are the parents at the swim meet not dignified? Oh yeah, that's different, somehow.

What's dignified about arresting and jailing someone for cheering the success of their child? That's what you call dignified!?!
you really think it's appropriate and considerate to make an ass out of yourself in public, making everyone around you wait and putting a stop, however temporary, to an event because you can't control yourself when you hear the name of your loved one?

you think that when it goes unchecked it doesn't become a competition - which family can make the biggest asses out of themselves, with louder, longer, and more elaborate disruptions?

the superintendent has solved his graduation disruption problem for years to come. i'm sure there are districts all over the country with supers wishing they had thought of it, or had the guts to go through with it.

Forum List

Back