No Justice For Trump.

Loads of people said things about him being fined.

"Other punishments could include a fine or probation."

Well, nobody I heard on the news talking about it spoke of any possible fine. Which of course doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. I just never heard of it. As far as I knew, if you were convicted of a felony, you went to jail. That being the end of the story. Unless your felony involved taking money from other people. Then you would be expected to pay it back.

Also, what would a fine mean. He was found guilty of real estate fraud and fined either 453.9 or 354.9 million. It is unclear which. But he was able to worm his way out of that and borrow to post a bond for 175 million. I guess whatever happens won't be decided as long as he can keep the decision in the appeals process. Which could mean forever. Then there was the defamation lawsuit he lost against E. Jean Carroll. In which he was ordered to pay her 83.3 million. But from the way it looks, she isn't going to see a penny of that as long as Trump and his well paid lawyers can keep that case in the appeals process. And you know the old saying. "Justice delayed is justice denied."

Well, nobody I heard on the news talking about it spoke of any possible fine. Which of course doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. I just never heard of it. As far as I knew, if you were convicted of a felony, you went to jail. That being the end of the story. Unless your felony involved taking money from other people. Then you would be expected to pay it back.

Also, what would a fine mean. He was found guilty of real estate fraud and fined either 453.9 or 354.9 million. It is unclear which. But he was able to worm his way out of that and borrow to post a bond for 175 million. I guess whatever happens won't be decided as long as he can keep the decision in the appeals process. Which could mean forever. Then there was the defamation lawsuit he lost against E. Jean Carroll. In which he was ordered to pay her 83.3 million. But from the way it looks, she isn't going to see a penny of that as long as Trump and his well paid lawyers can keep that case in the appeals process. And you know the old saying. "Justice delayed is justice denied."

Then maybe you're listening to the wrong people.

No offense, but in the past day or so I've been talking about the trial, I've had people tell me "you can't try a federal crime in a state court" and "the judge stopped Trump from having his witnesses stand" and things that are clearly untrue.

People "hear something" or "read something" and do NOT RESEARCH and then assume something to be true. It's lazy.

Then maybe you're listening to the wrong people.

No offense, but in the past day or so I've been talking about the trial, I've had people tell me "you can't try a federal crime in a state court" and "the judge stopped Trump from having his witnesses stand" and things that are clearly untrue.

People "hear something" or "read something" and do NOT RESEARCH and then assume something to be true. It's lazy.

I heard on the news as much as I needed to know on the matter. Trump was found guilty. That is enough. Any possible fine he might have to pay wasn't even on my radar. The only thing I am interested in is if he will see jail time. And I think he should. After all, all he did was give the judge shit. And not obeying multiple gag orders. He kept trying to say that he in fact was a victim. Basically, treating the whole court process and and the judge to be a joke. And after the verdict, he called the judge the devil. At one time he was even talking trash about the judges daughter. In short, Trump was being as unrepentant as it is possible to be. Some jail time might adjust his attitude.

i'd vote for 60-days in jail (suspended pending his appeal, and if he wins the Oval Office, then suspended until he finishes, then implemented); and 12 months of community service. Fine him too to the maximum the law allows.

The Secret Service and the New York state authorities can cooperate on the most suitable state facility for him to be housed, and the necessary safety protocols.

No man is above the law. And his acts and his behavior in and outside the courtroom were egregious and must not go unnoticed, unremarked upon, and unpunished.

IMHO

When Trump spoke after being found guilty, he called the judge the devil. Not a very smart thing to do to somebody who will later be pronouncing the sentence. It seems like Trump is almost daring the judge to send him to jail. I think the judge should oblige him.
Shows how stupid you are…That would ensure victory for Trump.

When Trump spoke after being found guilty, he called the judge the devil. Not a very smart thing to do to somebody who will later be pronouncing the sentence. It seems like Trump is almost daring the judge to send him to jail. I think the judge should oblige him.
Yep, the orange dumbass is asking to go to prison.

Just like Trump wants to do.

Trump says he'll jail his opponents. Members of the House ...​

1717489953745.png
Yahoo
https://www.yahoo.com › news › trump-says-hell-jail-o...

Apr 4, 2024 — Now, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee's major criminal trials face delays that could stall them past election day, his rhetoric ...

i'd vote for 60-days in jail (suspended pending his appeal, and if he wins the Oval Office, then suspended until he finishes, then implemented); and 12 months of community service. Fine him too to the maximum the law allows.

The Secret Service and the New York state authorities can cooperate on the most suitable state facility for him to be housed, and the necessary safety protocols.

No man is above the law. And his acts and his behavior in and outside the courtroom were egregious and must not go unnoticed, unremarked upon, and unpunished.

IMHO

I disagree. If Trump wants to appeal, he should do so from behind bars. It makes me sick how the rich and powerful are allowed to get away with anything as long as they can afford the legal fees and keep appealing verdicts into infinity. For example, he was convicted of real estate fraud and ordered to pay either 453 or 354 million. Did he do so? No. It is in an appeals process. He lost a defamation lawsuit brought by E. Jean Carroll and was ordered to pay her 83 million in damages. Did she ever see a penny of it? No. It is in an appeals process. And you are actually in favor of him appealing any possible jail time to stay out of jail?! You have to be kidding. Also, what ever happened to equal treatment under the law. Trump's having once been president shouldn't give him any greater privilege than the average American would get. Neither should the Secret Service be obliged to protect a convicted felon. Trump should be in jail with a big black cell mate named Bubba who just loves White ass.

Yep, the orange dumbass is asking to go to prison.

Just like Trump wants to do.

Trump says he'll jail his opponents. Members of the House ...

View attachment 957313
Yahoo
https://www.yahoo.com › news › trump-says-hell-jail-o...
Apr 4, 2024 — Now, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee's major criminal trials face delays that could stall them past election day, his rhetoric ...

Just as I told j-mac, Trump's going to jail isn't going to increase his popularity. Though it could cause his trumpanzee followers to become more violent.

I heard on the news last night that Trump isn't expected to be given a jail sentence. Despite being convicted of 34 felonies! If it turns out to be true, it will be just another example out of many of the rich and powerful being above the law. For any regular person, just being convicted of just one felony would be enough to get you sent to the slammer. But 34 of them?! For there being any doubt that Trump would be thrown in jail is just another example of how our "justice" system makes me sick!
The number of felonies is not really relevant. Normally, for that type crime, for a first time offender, they don’t give a jail sentence. It would be well within the norm.

Ironicslly, the same holds true for Hunter Biden’s case. I’m sure they’ll squeal about it.

Trump won't spend a day in jail.
His lawyers are going to file a ton of appeals that will take years to make it thru the courts.
In the meantime, Trump can legally run for office; and if the voters elect him. Occupy the White House as our 47th President.

The number of felonies is not really relevant. Normally, for that type crime, for a first time offender, they don’t give a jail sentence. It would be well within the norm.

Ironicslly, the same holds true for Hunter Biden’s case. I’m sure they’ll squeal about it.

What you say could be true. But the statement "for that type of crime" is really stretching it. All in all, at the end of the day wasn't it about election interference? Especially by somebody who is a candidate in that election. How often does that kind crime happen. Has it ever happened? Also, Trump was far from behaving like a normal defendant. On numerous occasions he disobeyed gag orders. He talked trash about the judge and even his daughter. He treated the court proceedings like a joke. After his conviction he called the judge a devil! I think all that makes him worthy of a little jail time.

What you say could be true. But the statement "for that type of crime" is really stretching it. All in all, at the end of the day wasn't it about election interference? Especially by somebody who is a candidate in that election. How often does that kind crime happen. Has it ever happened? Also, Trump was far from behaving like a normal defendant. On numerous occasions he disobeyed gag orders. He talked trash about the judge and even his daughter. He treated the court proceedings like a joke. After his conviction he called the judge a devil! I think all that makes him worthy of a little jail time.
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters are the actual charges he was convicted of.

Progs keep this up it is possible nasty people will start running at first in local elections and then spreading. It would be Democracy.

His lawyers are going to file a ton of appeals that will take years to make it thru the courts.
In the meantime, Trump can legally run for office; and if the voters elect him. Occupy the White House as our 47th President.

Maybe he won't get sent to jail. But then again, maybe he will. One thing is for sure. It makes me sick how the rich and powerful can get out of punishment by filing appeals. After all, this isn't a monarchy. We don't have nobles who are often above the law because of whatever title they may hold. Also, are you even an American? And I don't ask because you are a Sunni Man. And if you aren't an American, you can't say "our president."

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters are the actual charges he was convicted of.

No. At the end of the day, his bad behavior shouldn't go unanswered. If that was to be the case, the court would be as much of a joke as he made it out to be.

Progs keep this up it is possible nasty people will start running at first in local elections and then spreading. It would be Democracy.

What makes you think that doesn't happen already. I heard an interview with a politician in Washington who was at least honest about it. He said, "There is so much legal graft that goes on in Washington that only a fool would get involved in the illegal kind."

No. At the end of the day, his bad behavior shouldn't go unanswered. If that was to be the case, the court would be as much of a joke as he made it out to be.
I doubt it would result in jail time.

Sunny Man. You keep tagging my replies with disagrees. Why do you like Trump so much.

Forum List

Back