Fanatic war criminals target tourists in Egypt

An explosion was heard Sunday afternoon at the Taba crossing between Israel and Egypt, south of Eilat. The blast appears to have occurred on the Egyptian side of the border.

According to initial reports, there was an explosion on a bus. Local police are reporting that at least three people were killed, and another 15 wounded. The dead are reportedly Korean tourists.

3 Dead in Attack at Taba Crossing - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

---------

We wish luck to the Egyptian troops in their struggle against Salafi terrorism and World Jihad.

Why does Egypt still have tourists? you couldn't pay me to go to that shithole right now.
They have resort towns that are still popular and a few crazy Israelis are still going there. I heard they are good. It's like the Sochi Olympics, the area has a "security blanket" around it. Israeli tourist dollars are big business in Jordan, Egypt, and Turkey.

Oh ok I didn't know that.

Why does Egypt still have tourists? you couldn't pay me to go to that shithole right now.
They have resort towns that are still popular and a few crazy Israelis are still going there. I heard they are good. It's like the Sochi Olympics, the area has a "security blanket" around it. Israeli tourist dollars are big business in Jordan, Egypt, and Turkey.

Oh ok I didn't know that.

Experiences in CUISINE a good camel burger ........

i don't think a military coup is a replacement for a government that was democratically elected.

Why, Mr. Seattle, of course you are entitled to your opinion. Others think differently. In fact, a couple of months ago I was sitting in the lobby of an Imaging Center while my husband was having a CatScan. I started talking to the Egyptian woman waiting her turn, and she was happy to see the coup as her friends and relatives were worried what would happen with the Brotherhood in charge since they were Copts. Maybe you can tell us what was the actual percentage of the Egyptian people who voted for Morsi. Perhaps you can also visit some Coptic Church in Seattle if therre is one and ask the parishioners how they feel about this.

There were a lot of people unhappy with Morsi and the MB - for a variety of reasons from his shutting out of opposition, doing nothing to improve the economy, thier inability to protect minorities, the prosecution of journalists, marginalizing or arresting members of rival political groups. People were demonstrating en masse for Morsi to step down when the military intervened.

The question is - is the military any better? Is there any indication the military will be willing to give up power to allow for a democratic process? What about their brutal actions towards their own people, mass arrests, shooting civilians?

You mention your friend feeling relieved - and that is indeed the feeling of some, maybe many but there is also anger at the military and it's not just from the pro-MB factions but from those that fought so hard for a democratic system in the first place and they see it in shreds at this point.

It's not a black and white situation and the irony here is the very people who applaud democracy and declaim authoritarian governments are the very ones saying - democracy for me, but not for thee when it comes to Egypt.
Better to stop the religious, fascist, movement in Egypt before it takes hold permanently. Thank you Egyptian military :clap2:

Why, Mr. Seattle, of course you are entitled to your opinion. Others think differently. In fact, a couple of months ago I was sitting in the lobby of an Imaging Center while my husband was having a CatScan. I started talking to the Egyptian woman waiting her turn, and she was happy to see the coup as her friends and relatives were worried what would happen with the Brotherhood in charge since they were Copts. Maybe you can tell us what was the actual percentage of the Egyptian people who voted for Morsi. Perhaps you can also visit some Coptic Church in Seattle if therre is one and ask the parishioners how they feel about this.

There were a lot of people unhappy with Morsi and the MB - for a variety of reasons from his shutting out of opposition, doing nothing to improve the economy, thier inability to protect minorities, the prosecution of journalists, marginalizing or arresting members of rival political groups. People were demonstrating en masse for Morsi to step down when the military intervened.

The question is - is the military any better? Is there any indication the military will be willing to give up power to allow for a democratic process? What about their brutal actions towards their own people, mass arrests, shooting civilians?

You mention your friend feeling relieved - and that is indeed the feeling of some, maybe many but there is also anger at the military and it's not just from the pro-MB factions but from those that fought so hard for a democratic system in the first place and they see it in shreds at this point.

It's not a black and white situation and the irony here is the very people who applaud democracy and declaim authoritarian governments are the very ones saying - democracy for me, but not for thee when it comes to Egypt.
Better to stop the religious, fascist, movement in Egypt before it takes hold permanently. Thank you Egyptian military :clap2:
All Arab Spring countries should follow their lead and kick the Islamist cancers of humanity out. The world will be a much better place.

I certainly am aware of that. However, you seem to have no problem with your friend having "fudge packer" in his sig line.

What makes you think that?

There are a lot of offensive signatures out here Sally - that have come and gone. Strangely - they've garnered not a peep from you (though I don't assume you support them) :)

Well Sally - here's your great opportunity to break out and take a walk on the wild side. Why don't you start a thread on the persecution of homosexuals? I've participated in several but never noticed your voice amongst them.

After all, there are many Gay people here in America, and some might be members of his own mosque who stay in the closet because of attitudes like your friend. In fact, there are some people who make remarks against Gays because they feel it is a way of hiding what they are themselves.

Some might be members of your own Church Sally...you know what they say, charity begins at home. Reach out and embrace them. We're all God's children.

It's just a pity so many religions seem to feel that the God club is exclusive to a select group.

Do I have to run around to all the forums as you appear to do that I will catch what you say about Gays? Maybe you have all the time in the world to do that, but I prefer to do other things also. I really could care less what you yourself think about Gays, but you can't seem to resist sticking up for your friend. I don't think any religion should want to kill Gay people because of their sexual orientation, and any Gays that I have met in the past and still meet have always been treated by me as just decent human beings. Does that satisfy you? Ask your "fudge packer" sig friend if that satisfies him although I doubt it will. Maybe since you are bringing up a "wild side," perhaps you should suggest to him that he should show his wild side at his mosque and announce that he has no animosity against those who are Gay.

Maybe Sally, you should just put your money where your mouth is some time instead of running around telling other posters what they're supposed to be doing while squatting here in the ME doing nothing...yourself ;)

You claim: I don't think any religion should want to kill Gay people because of their sexual orientation

Seriously Sally? Have you looked at the laws in some of these religiously dominated countries call for against homosexuals? They don't want to kill them? What do you call it then - loving them to death?

So what you are effectively saying is - even though the military coup has been more brutal to it's people than the Morsi administration - it's better? Even though it totally destroys Egypts hard won attempt at democracy? I think Morsi and the MB could have been ousted through the political process without a military coup.

Last edited:

So what you are effectively saying is - even though the military coup has been more brutal to it's people than the Morsi administration - it's better? Even though it totally destroys Egypts hard won attempt at democracy? I think Morsi and the MB could have been ousted through the political process without a military coup.

Just because he was democratically elected, doesn't mean Egypt would become a democracy

There are a lot of offensive signatures out here Sally - that have come and gone. Strangely - they've garnered not a peep from you (though I don't assume you support them) :)

Well Sally - here's your great opportunity to break out and take a walk on the wild side. Why don't you start a thread on the persecution of homosexuals? I've participated in several but never noticed your voice amongst them.

Some might be members of your own Church Sally...you know what they say, charity begins at home. Reach out and embrace them. We're all God's children.

It's just a pity so many religions seem to feel that the God club is exclusive to a select group.

Do I have to run around to all the forums as you appear to do that I will catch what you say about Gays? Maybe you have all the time in the world to do that, but I prefer to do other things also. I really could care less what you yourself think about Gays, but you can't seem to resist sticking up for your friend. I don't think any religion should want to kill Gay people because of their sexual orientation, and any Gays that I have met in the past and still meet have always been treated by me as just decent human beings. Does that satisfy you? Ask your "fudge packer" sig friend if that satisfies him although I doubt it will. Maybe since you are bringing up a "wild side," perhaps you should suggest to him that he should show his wild side at his mosque and announce that he has no animosity against those who are Gay.

Maybe Sally, you should just put your money where your mouth is some time instead of running around telling other posters what they're supposed to be doing while squatting here in the ME doing nothing...yourself ;)

You claim: I don't think any religion should want to kill Gay people because of their sexual orientation

Seriously Sally? Have you looked at the laws in some of these religiously dominated countries call for against homosexuals? They don't want to kill them? What do you call it then - loving them to death?

I could be wrong, but I think she meant that Gays shouldn't be killed. She didn't say they are not being killed

I could be wrong, but I think she meant that Gays shouldn't be killed. She didn't say they are not being killed

She's not even worth answering directly on this subject. Do you think she is out in the public getting on a soapbox about the killing of Gays? Of course not. She thinks she is doing a tremdnous job talking about it on a forum and deserves a medal for doing so (although I am willing to bet she never said a word about it when those pictures of Gays at the end of a noose in Iran were being shown); however, she doesn't mind her friend's sig line about Gays. The least she can do is tell her friend to have a little respect for Gays, and I think we would pass out if we ever saw her do that one little thing.

Military coup was necessary to preserve Egypt from falling into the hands of Islamist savages which would have been far more disastrous for Egypt. The generals who planned and carried out the coup should be congratulated as national heroes.

Not too long ago, Turkey had a constitutional law in place that allowed the military to take over should the Islamists gain too much power. The law was put in place by Kamal Attaturk, another national hero who led Turkey out of the dark ages and into modernity.

Every wise Muslim country should have similar laws in place to keep the Islamists in check and preserve the integrity of their nation.

Last edited:

Most countries of the middle east still have laws on the books again homosexuality, some even call for death or what we would consider torture for punishment.
Raids on clubs in Beirut are frequent.
I think it was onnly a year or two ago that the first screening of RHPS was seen in Beirut at the UK embassy theater. There was also an after party in the streets of Hamra, costumes and all. A coming out of sorts for LGBT and those who support them.

Egypt, in Cairo, there used to be an area for teen and young adult males that dressed as women, some even pimped themselves. The "pretty boys" also were used to entertain. Castration, partial or complete, was also done. For a few it was a sort of sex change.

It has always existed, but for the most part in shadows. There are quite a few sites for gay muslim males to find support, both for those in the west and for those in the middle east.

Economic, syrian refugee males pimping themselves in Lebanon is unfortunately growing. When desperate, people will do almost anything to live.

That homosexuality exists in nature is ignored by most.

In the middle east it is still dangerous to come out. Hiding who and what you are, how god/nature created you, is he norm for far too many.

Forum List

Back