Fanatic war criminals target tourists in Egypt

Egypt had a democratically elected president.

But the military generals staged a coup and took over the country.

Now the people want to restore democracy and have resorted to questionable methods to cripple the illegal government. ... :cool:

I don't think one thing has to do with another. However, it is quite obvious that Sunni Man wants the Muslim Brotherhood in charge when it comes to Egyptian politics.

i don't think a military coup is a replacement for a government that was democratically elected.

Why, Mr. Seattle, of course you are entitled to your opinion. Others think differently. In fact, a couple of months ago I was sitting in the lobby of an Imaging Center while my husband was having a CatScan. I started talking to the Egyptian woman waiting her turn, and she was happy to see the coup as her friends and relatives were worried what would happen with the Brotherhood in charge since they were Copts. Maybe you can tell us what was the actual percentage of the Egyptian people who voted for Morsi. Perhaps you can also visit some Coptic Church in Seattle if therre is one and ask the parishioners how they feel about this.

It's ironic that many American people who traditionally champion spreading Democracy around the world.

Now support the military coup that overthrew the democratically elected president of Egypt and appointed a dictator to rule the country. ... :cuckoo:

It's ironic that many American people who traditionally champion spreading Democracy around the world.

Now support the military coup that overthrew the democratically elected president of Egypt and appointed a dictator to rule the country. ... :cuckoo:

Because the Muslim Brotherhood represent everything BUT democracy

I wonder if Mr. Cuckoo will ever tell us when he joined the Muslim Brotherhood.

Again, the MB was legally elected and should have been allowed to finish their term.

Then during the next election cycle the voters should be the one's to decide the MB's fate at the voting booth.

That's the way Democracy is supposed to work. ... :cool:

Egypt had a democratically elected president.

But the military generals staged a coup and took over the country.

Now the people want to restore democracy and have resorted to questionable methods to cripple the illegal government. ... :cool:

:cool:

EGYPT-master675.jpg

I wonder if Mr. Sunni Man will ever tell us when he joined the Muslim Brotherhood.
Geeeze.......you are such an ignorant twat. .. :cuckoo:

The MB isn't a political party here in the U.S. ... :cool:

Im pretty sure she wasn't serious,

I read that the organization C.A.I.R. has members who belong to the Muslim Brotherhood, and C.A.I.R. is baswed right here in the U.S. So it seems that the members of the Muslim Brotherhood don't actually have to be a political party no matter which country the members belong in.

By the way, as Mr. Cuckoo throws out his "twat" to me, I hope everyone knows how he thinks just like many Muslims when it comes to Gay people. I wonder if he salivates when he hears of Gays murdered in the Muslim world because of their sexual orientation.

I wonder if he salivates when he hears of Gays murdered in the Muslim world because of their sexual orientation.
Incorrect retard.

Gay aren't murdered in the muslim world.

They are arrested for breaking the countries laws on homosexuality.

And if found guilty in a court of law......can be sentenced to death for their crime and executed.

All perfectly legal. ... :cool:

I wonder if he salivates when he hears of Gays murdered in the Muslim world because of their sexual orientation.
Incorrect retard.

And if found guilty in a court of law......can be sentenced to death for their crime and executed.

lololol!!!!

Again, the MB was legally elected and should have been allowed to finish their term.

Then during the next election cycle the voters should be the one's to decide the MB's fate at the voting booth.

That's the way Democracy is supposed to work. ... :cool:

How about we pit David Duke against Hillary Goddam Clinton in the next election and see how that works out. Will we get the lesser of two evils? Will Howdy Doody Kerry come to save the day? Stay tuned........

Incorrect retard.

lololol!!!!

Mr. Cuckoo is certainly funny. The Muslim Association is calling for his help in Malawi.

?Kill the gays? penalty proposed by Malawi Muslim Association | Malawi Nyasa Times ? Malawi breaking news in Malawi

and you think the MB was a good choice?

What I said was that they did not have a good choice to make.

That's true. Question is, why were there not other choices??

I think some of that had to do with the short time frame given for preparing and campaigning. After (how many?) years of authoritarian rule there were almost no organized political parties - just a lot of small, splintered groups. The MB was the largest and best organized of the political groups. There was also some speculation that there was collusion between the MB and the military.

Hitler was also elected democratically.

Are you saying Hitler is comparable to Morsi?

It's neither good nor bad, but it's also not up to us to decide whether it's good or bad - it's up to the people who elected him, Egyptians. The other thing you miss is not necessarily who is elected - it's the process itself that matters. An authoritarian military dictatorship or an elected representative? Either could be good or bad, but with the latter the people can choose to replace him in the next election or rise up and demonstrate.

Who said anything about them deserving it?

When they cannot handle with their own army or ours, they play "heros" on innocent travelers?

I don't understand what you mean?

"Are you saying Hitler is comparable to Morsi?"

:doubt:

Of course not. I compare two situations in which leaders were democratically voted, and they both didn't bring their people to much sucess and free thinking.

My second question was retorical. And whoever did this obviously thought they deserved it, otherwise they wouldn't have been killed.

Not necessarily. People can be killed because they represent a good target to make what ever point the terrorists want to make - it could well have been any foreigner and have nothing to do with "deserving" - simply that they are there.

And what did I mean? The Salafi cannot handle the IDF or the Egyptian military, so they escape to terror attacks on the uninvolved.

Method of cowardice.

Yup.

I don't think one thing has to do with another. However, it is quite obvious that Sunni Man wants the Muslim Brotherhood in charge when it comes to Egyptian politics.

i don't think a military coup is a replacement for a government that was democratically elected.

Why, Mr. Seattle, of course you are entitled to your opinion. Others think differently. In fact, a couple of months ago I was sitting in the lobby of an Imaging Center while my husband was having a CatScan. I started talking to the Egyptian woman waiting her turn, and she was happy to see the coup as her friends and relatives were worried what would happen with the Brotherhood in charge since they were Copts. Maybe you can tell us what was the actual percentage of the Egyptian people who voted for Morsi. Perhaps you can also visit some Coptic Church in Seattle if therre is one and ask the parishioners how they feel about this.

There were a lot of people unhappy with Morsi and the MB - for a variety of reasons from his shutting out of opposition, doing nothing to improve the economy, thier inability to protect minorities, the prosecution of journalists, marginalizing or arresting members of rival political groups. People were demonstrating en masse for Morsi to step down when the military intervened.

The question is - is the military any better? Is there any indication the military will be willing to give up power to allow for a democratic process? What about their brutal actions towards their own people, mass arrests, shooting civilians?

You mention your friend feeling relieved - and that is indeed the feeling of some, maybe many but there is also anger at the military and it's not just from the pro-MB factions but from those that fought so hard for a democratic system in the first place and they see it in shreds at this point.

It's not a black and white situation and the irony here is the very people who applaud democracy and declaim authoritarian governments are the very ones saying - democracy for me, but not for thee when it comes to Egypt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back