Fantastic Businessman Trump Loses 55 Year Golf Event To Mexico

....And he didn't have the business savvy to pull in another sponsor.

That had nothing to do with Trump. That event is run by the PGA, not Trump. It is just played at his resort.

Well all of those profits used to belong to Trump before he put his foot in his mouth too. The PGA signed a 10 year agreement to keep the tour at Doral but they couldn't get new sponsorship. That's all on Trump

No it isn't.
Sure it is, it's his course and his management(or lack of) that keeps it running smoothly or not at all.

My God, are you really this dense? He doesn't manage PGA tournaments. Crikey.

He manages the course on which PGA tournaments were held. He stood to make millions off of it and couldn't find a substitute sponsor when the chips were down, This is an excellent example of failure.

Liberals are just assholes and are so asshole like that they won't even associate with anything with Trump's name on it.

Last time I saw your asshole you were whirling around a shiny pole in stilettos. Wasn't worth paying attention to that time either.

That had nothing to do with Trump. That event is run by the PGA, not Trump. It is just played at his resort.

Well all of those profits used to belong to Trump before he put his foot in his mouth too. The PGA signed a 10 year agreement to keep the tour at Doral but they couldn't get new sponsorship. That's all on Trump

No it isn't.
Sure it is, it's his course and his management(or lack of) that keeps it running smoothly or not at all.

He manages the course on which PGA tournaments were held. He stood to make millions off of it and couldn't find a substitute sponsor when the chips were down, This is an excellent example of failure.

Not to mention an example of how toxic he's made himself.

IKR Add insult to injury
Ouch
The Tour hinted in December that a venue shift was possible shortly after Trump made inflammatory remarks toward Mexicans and immigrants and called for a temporary ban on Muslims from entering the United States.

"We continue to stand by our earlier statement, and the statement of other golf organizations, that Mr. Trump's comments are inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf," the statement read. "The PGA Tour has had a 53-year commitment to the Doral community, the greater Miami area and the charities that have benefited from the tournament. Given this commitment, we are moving forward with holding the 2016 event at the Blue Monster. Immediately after the completion of the 2016 tournament, we will explore all options regarding the event's future."

Tour moving Doral tournament to Mexico City | Golf Channel

It's funny, but the Doral course is amazing.
IKR Add insult to injury
Ouch
The Tour hinted in December that a venue shift was possible shortly after Trump made inflammatory remarks toward Mexicans and immigrants and called for a temporary ban on Muslims from entering the United States.

"We continue to stand by our earlier statement, and the statement of other golf organizations, that Mr. Trump's comments are inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf," the statement read. "The PGA Tour has had a 53-year commitment to the Doral community, the greater Miami area and the charities that have benefited from the tournament. Given this commitment, we are moving forward with holding the 2016 event at the Blue Monster. Immediately after the completion of the 2016 tournament, we will explore all options regarding the event's future."

So, we see this isn't about any failing on Trump's part, it is as usual, lefties making professional decisions based on political ideology.

The comments on health and safety issues are very much valid concerns.

It is a failing if he couldn't secure another sponsor, why not Trump Resorts sponsoring? He can't put money where his mouth is?

I don't know that it's Trump's job to find another sponsor, especially as he is kind of tied up at the moment.

I do know that the PGA isn't supposed to be a political organization, and they are being used as such by liberals.

This is why you can't trust liberals. They make real world decisions based on their delusions.

That's why you delegate authority just like Trump told us. "I will put the best people on the job and get the best opinions".....except he didn't and he won't.

When people decide to make decisions based on political ideology and not the interests of their members there is not much a resort can do about that.

The PGA officials are the assholes here who are jerking around thousands of people based on their personal political ideology.

The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico
That course has been around for a long time. Long before Trump stapled his name onto it. And now he's destroyed a tradition that existed long before he came along.

Funny how you blame him instead of the PGA officials who's responsibility is to the interests of their members, not a political ideology.
The PGA's purpose is to expand golf. They're not gonna piss off latinos.
Best golf equipment photos

So they would rather piss of Whites, who vastly outnumber latinos, and are the majority of their membership?

header-the-course.jpg

Corrie is full of shit ... absolutely NO health or saftey issues ...

A picture of a pretty beach doesn't change the fact that Mexico is a crime infested Third World Shithole.

You ever been to Mexico?

No it isn't.

Because enforcing the law and bringing back manufacturing jobs is so vile?

LOL!!!

Ouch

Ouch

So, we see this isn't about any failing on Trump's part, it is as usual, lefties making professional decisions based on political ideology.

It is a failing if he couldn't secure another sponsor, why not Trump Resorts sponsoring? He can't put money where his mouth is?

I don't know that it's Trump's job to find another sponsor, especially as he is kind of tied up at the moment.

I do know that the PGA isn't supposed to be a political organization, and they are being used as such by liberals.

This is why you can't trust liberals. They make real world decisions based on their delusions.

That's why you delegate authority just like Trump told us. "I will put the best people on the job and get the best opinions".....except he didn't and he won't.

When people decide to make decisions based on political ideology and not the interests of their members there is not much a resort can do about that.

The PGA officials are the assholes here who are jerking around thousands of people based on their personal political ideology.
That may be true, we don't know, but Trump had an opportunity to keep the event with a new sponsor. He didn't get one, with all his influence, and smart people, and many many friends he couldn't get a single person to opt in. A yuuuuge business failure.

That may be true, we don't know, but Trump had an opportunity to keep the event with a new sponsor. He didn't get one, with all his influence, and smart people, and many many friends he couldn't get a single person to opt in. A yuuuuge business failure.

When people decide to make decisions based on political ideology and not the interests of their members, there is not a resort can do about that.

Trump has nothing to do with the PGA.... he has no input on sponsors of PGA tournaments.

When people decide to make decisions based on political ideology and not the interests of their members, there is not a resort can do about that.

You're insinuating and have no idea if that's the case.

No it isn't.

Because enforcing the law and bringing back manufacturing jobs is so vile?

LOL!!!

Carrying on like a spoiled teenager while running for the highest office in the land can sure look that way to some people.

Trump has nothing to do with the PGA.... he has no input on sponsors of PGA tournaments.

Trump had a ten year contract to hold the event at Doral. Cadillac withdrew sponsorship and Trump could have kept the event all he had to do was find new sponsorship. He couldn't do that, he failed.

Trump shot off his mouth.

That had consequences.

When Trump's assholery pisses off more businesses and other countries, that will have consequences for America much worse than losing a golf tournament.

You can whine all you like about "their personal political ideology" when Trump fucks up, but it will be HIS fault.

TRUMP: I hate Mexicans.

HISPANIC VOTER: I won't vote for Trump.

RUBE: I can't believe Hispanic assholes are letting their political ideology affect the way they vote!

Last edited:
I don't know if I would ever go to a place where the first thing they tell you
is DON'T drink the water.....

If you visit American city
You will find it very pretty
Just two things of which you must beware
Don't drink the water and don't breathe the air

Pollution, pollution
They got smog and sewage and mud
Turn on your tap
And get hot and cold running crud

See the halibuts and the sturgeons
Being wiped out by detergeons
Fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly
But they don't last long if they try

Pollution, pollution
You can use the latest toothpaste
And then rinse your mouth
With industrial waste

Just go out for a breath of air
And you'll be ready for Medicare
The city streets are really quite a thrill
If the hoods don't get you, the monoxide will

Pollution, pollution
Wear a gas mask and a veil
Then you can breathe
Long as you don't inhale

Lots of things there that you can drink
But stay away from the kitchen sink
The breakfast garbage that you throw in to the bay
They drink as lunch in San José

So go to the city
See the crazy people there
Like lambs to the slaughter
They're drinking the water
And breathing, cough, the air

Trump had a ten year contract to hold the event at Doral. Cadillac withdrew sponsorship and Trump could have kept the event all he had to do was find new sponsorship. He couldn't do that, he failed.

One last time, Cadillac sponsored the PGA event. The PGA had a contract to play the event at Doral. Trump owns Doral. Cadillac did not renew their sponsorship of the PGA event. The PGA moved the event to Mexico.

Trump had nothing to do with any of this. That's like saying if rent out a reception hall to a group event, and the group event's sponsor bail on them, and they cancel with me, it is my fault. You can't be this stupid.

Forum List

Back