Far from the Myth of 'Overpopulation'

Morality is subjective ....

By definition, it is not.

and who made up the definition?

There are different words in different languages to describe things we experience in the course of living. The word "blue" does not make the sky blue. The word "time" did not 'invent' time just because the English language developed a word for it. If you suffered aphasia and forgot the word "mountain," would all mountains in the world suddenly vanish? Fish swim in the sea no matter what word in any language we use to describe it.

So once upon a time morals were called something else. That does not in any way mean that there is some moral absolute standard placed upon humans or inherent to human beings.

Do you breathe air?

Are you sitting in a chair?

No, I am not. Sitting in a chair is not an inescapable aspect of living as a sentient being in this plane of existence.
I can argue that you are not sitting on a chair even if you think you are.

I told you I was not.

If you were I could argue that you were not ......

For the third time, I was not. Let it go.
so you don't understand the word if?

You asked if I breathed air

It can be argued that I'm not and it is just my perception....

Yeah, yeah, I get that you are trying to be cute and cartesian. It is clumsy and amateurish, so I was magnanimously giving you a chance to let it go and save face. I guess you just can't help some people.
you asked me an irrelevant question about respiration.

you missed the point of my question

MY question was entirely relevant.
no it wasn't.

Yes, it was. I was demonstrating to you just how pointless your amateur attempts at semantics were.

There are different words in different languages to describe things we experience in the course of living. The word "blue" does not make the sky blue. The word "time" did not 'invent' time just because the English language developed a word for it. If you suffered aphasia and forgot the word "mountain," would all mountains in the world suddenly vanish? Fish swim in the sea no matter what word in any language we use to describe it.

So once upon a time morals were called something else. That does not in any way mean that there is some moral absolute standard placed upon humans or inherent to human beings.

Do you breathe air?

No, I am not. Sitting in a chair is not an inescapable aspect of living as a sentient being in this plane of existence.

I told you I was not.

Yeah, yeah, I get that you are trying to be cute and cartesian. It is clumsy and amateurish, so I was magnanimously giving you a chance to let it go and save face. I guess you just can't help some people.

no it wasn't.

Yes, it was. I was demonstrating to you just how pointless your amateur attempts at semantics were.

it was you avoiding the argument on moral relativism

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

It was part of me proving that doesn't exist, and you struggling with the English language.

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

It was part of me proving that doesn't exist, and you struggling with the English language.

no it wasn't because you didn't prove that moral relativism doesn't exist

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

Just because you are incapable or unwilling to understand it doesn't mean it wasn't proven. Keep studying, and maybe some day you'll be equipped.

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

Just because you are incapable or unwilling to understand it doesn't mean it wasn't proven. Keep studying, and maybe some day you'll be equipped.

Please oh message board sage tell me how my respiration disproves moral relativism

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

Please oh message board sage tell me how my respiration disproves moral relativism

I already told you. Go back and re-read all the posts from yesterday if you'd like to take another shot at understanding it.

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

I already told you. Go back and re-read all the posts from yesterday if you'd like to take another shot at understanding it.
no you gave a non-answer by claiming morals are absolute by definition.

yet no dictionary definition says morals are absolute

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

Maybe when you're a little older you'll understand.

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

Maybe you'll learn to think for yourself and not parrot whatever dogma you have been fed

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

Maybe you'll learn to think for yourself and not parrot whatever dogma you have been fed

What dogma have I been fed?

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

that morals are absolute.

You claim that they are by definition yet you have not provided the definition of morals that states that have you?

So I can only come to the conclusion that you are merely stating a belief and cannot provide any evidence of this absolute moral code you say exists

The shit will hit the fan when science stops or slows aging, and life spans are greatly increased.
51UPSMSI0EL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Overpopulation was the Left's fear tool 50 years ago.
Today's Left Wing fear tool is global warming.
The Left tells women that having children will increase global warming, so they decide to not have children.
This is Darwin in action.
Cultures that do not reproduce will go extinct.

populationrateajsdhajdgasjd.png

The Left tells women that having children will increase global warming, so they decide to not have children.

View attachment 432587
I don't care if some cultures go extinct.

That's the way it has always been.

Nothing is permanent

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

You claim that they are by definition yet you have not provided the definition of morals that states that have you?

So I can only come to the conclusion that you are merely stating a belief and cannot provide any evidence of this absolute moral code you say exists

If you're really interested in beginning your education:

If ignorance is more comfortable for you, that's you shortcoming.

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

i can post writings that say morals are not universal.

and I have given example of how morals have changed over time.

You simply agree with this particular idea and as we have seen you really get peeved when people disagree with you.

The idea of 'overpopulation' is so attractive to democrats, given their hostility to life in general, that they resist moving on from it no matter how clear the demographic trends become. A shrinking population doesn't support the democrat enthusiasm for abortion either. On the other hand, those people who are terrified of immigrants ("shoot women and children if they set foot across the border! Kill 'em all! Aaaaaa!") will eventually have to come to terms with some legal process of increased immigration.

Do you breathe air?

I told you I was not.

no it wasn't.

i can post writings that say morals are not universal.

and I have given example of how morals have changed over time.

You simply agree with this particular idea and as we have seen you really get peeved when people disagree with you.

As I expected, you are more comfortable with ignorance. Ah well, there are only so many tricks you can expect a farm animal to learn.

View attachment 432587
I don't care if some cultures go extinct.

That's the way it has always been.

Nothing is permanent
The US government believes it’s permanent.

Forum List

Back