🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast food workers strike

Of course it does, since you are the fast food worker getting paid more.

As a consumer of your product I prefer the US system of me paying less and you earning less.

Of course, because Americans care only about saving money and not about the employees who serve you the food. And that is fine.

I'll take considering my own families needs over the desire to falsely inflate someone's salary to double what they are actually worth any day of the week.

You are not qualified to decide what someone is worth.

That isn't what we're debating.

People are priceless, but the discussion involves what someone's contribution to a business are worth. For fast food, that is usually min wage because it doesn't require much training and because so easy you have a very large field of potential applicants.

Of course, because Americans care only about saving money and not about the employees who serve you the food. And that is fine.

I'll take considering my own families needs over the desire to falsely inflate someone's salary to double what they are actually worth any day of the week.

Who is? The government? Pre tell what qualifcations are required to establish what someone's skills are worth.

Who is? The government? Pre tell what qualifcations are required to establish what someone's skills are worth.

The corporate cabals.

Again you are absolving yourself (the laborer) of responsibility. If enough of you decided that job x didn't pay enough and refused to do it and there weren't enough people remaining willing to do that job, than the pay for that job will either rise or the employer will go out of business. Corporations are not the dictator of wages. Prevailing wages are established by BOTH parties, the employee and employer by what they agree on.

The government is not qualified either. Market forces seem to dictate a persons worth.

Gawd. It must suck to live life in the lolberal universe where capitalists are "corporate cabals."

It must suck to believe that in order to ethically buy an order of fries from a fast food burger joint, one must first consider the income of the employees at the burger joint.

No system is perfect, and obviously that includes capitalism. But the jump from that premise to the amazingly invalid conclusion that buyers are obligated to worry about the pay schedule of the employees of the establishments from which they buy their goods and services is beyond absurd. It's downright pitiable.

So lets say I'm working a stressful or a labor intensive job and have an a degree from a community college. I am making say 12.50 an hour. The minimum wage goes up to $15

Why would I stay at my job but instead go take a job from a current fast food worker, make the extra money and have less stress and work less?

I don't see this helping the fast food worker, I see it hurting them.

So lets say I'm working a stressful or a labor intensive job and have an a degree from a community college. I am making say 12.50 an hour. The minimum wage goes up to $15

Why would I stay at my job but instead go take a job from a current fast food worker, make the extra money and have less stress and work less?

It will hurt them very badly. The incentive would be to automate and go to something like the fast casual model.

It won't hurt them until the machines come on line.

Until then, they'll be riding high.

But that can be said of most any occupation.

It won't hurt them until the machines come on line.

Until then, they'll be riding high.

But that can be said of most any occupation.

Someone has to clean and maintain the machines, and that probably pays better than a mcdonald's cashier position, its just cleaning and maintaining the machines takes less people

Last edited:
I said it once before but it didn't sink in to some of you knuckle draggers. When they ask for 15 dollars per hour it doesn't mean that they expect to get it.

It's called negotiating. I can't believe some of you went to school.

You probably pay sticker price for a new car, lol.

I said it once before but it didn't sink in to some of you knuckle draggers. When they ask for 15 dollars per hour it doesn't mean that they expect to get it.

Doesn't look like it worked out for them.

Of course we all know there never was a "them." This was just the greedy union scum trying to ravage the fast food industry.

Apparently negotiation is something you don't understand. The following would be an example of negotiation:

McDonalds Employer: "This job pays $8/hr. When would you like to start?"
Prospective McDonald's Employee: "Oh, I would rather you pay me $15.00/hr because that's what I need to make ends meet"
McDonald's Employer: "First, we don't compensate employees based on their needs as that would be unfair. Two I can find plenty of other people that will do the job for $8/hr, so I think we'll go that route. Thank you for applying and good luck in your job hunting."

End negotiation.

See in a negotiation you need leverage to get what you want. There in lies the problem of the unskilled McDonald's employee. They have no leverage in the negotiation because of the many people the employer still has to choose from that will do the job at the wage they are offering. Your car shopping comparison is bogus as well. Apparently you are the one that didn't go to school as you clearly don't understand the role of supply and demand in said negotiation. I see no other reason why you would consider negotiating the value of a car the same as negotiating a wage as a McDonald's cashier.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back