Fast-food workers walk out of job

a trained monkey could do these jobs but these people think they are special?..

:clap2:

someone is yanking their chains because they sure look foolish

"One of the consequences of such notions as ‘entitlements’
is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence."----Thomas Sowell

He's telling you they can't decide to pay you less than minimum wage.

So? minimum wage is a useful tool to set a base line. It also cuts down on employee abuse. Not every employer is going to be altruistic. I means lets face it there are a lot of democrat employers and I think they shouldn't be able to screw people willy nilly.

^^^^^^^
liberal

I am willing to bet you have never worked in fast food. Over 80% of people leave within the first three months because they can't hack the pressure.

By all means, come and work in my store, you can run around like a headless chook while I boss you around, you can serve the customers who abuse you and threaten you and spit at you because their fries are 'cold', and you can learn to juggle ten different things at once.

You wouldn't last a week, bitch.

I am willing to bet you have never worked in fast food. Over 80% of people leave within the first three months because they can't hack the pressure.

By all means, come and work in my store, you can run around like a headless chook while I boss you around, you can serve the customers who abuse you and threaten you and spit at you because their fries are 'cold', and you can learn to juggle ten different things at once.

you aussies sound like a mean bunch

No, we just get paid what we deserve - pay rise every year, as well.

I earn close to $18 an hour at my workplace. Many would say I don't deserve that much, but then, they don't work where I work.

I earn close to $18 an hour at my workplace. Many would say I don't deserve that much, but then, they don't work where I work.

are you actually threatened and spit on?

are you actually threatened and spit on?

Yes, I was actually spit at once when a woman didn't like her fries. She spat them out, and a gob of spit landed inches away from me, on the bench.

We have had other incidents, the scariest being my former boss punched in the face by an irate drive thru customer who stormed into the store, demanding free food. When my boss refused, she was punched in the face, and the girl went outside, picked up a chair and threw it through the glass door. Those doors have glass at least two inches thick - and it smashed. Lucky no customers were standing nearby, they would have been slashed to pieces.

We've had drug addicts yell at staff and refuse to leave, accuse us of stealing from them. We've had to call the police of several of them. We've had drunks staggering in right before closing time and then refusing to leave because they need some grease to cure their self inflicted hangovers.

We've had customers abuse the shit out of new employees who then end up in tears and refuse to go and serve another customer because they are terrified of being abused again.

And people here have the gall to insist that we don't deserve every single damned penny of the wages we get here? People think that all fast food employees deserve is seven bucks an hour?

Those people can go and get fucked.

All work has worth and dignity. I hope they get their money.

Labour costs are usually the major outgoing of a company.

That's means you'll either pay more for your burgers or, if people go elsewhere, less jobs for the greedy, grasping workers.

That's means you'll either pay more for your burgers or, if people go elsewhere, less jobs for the greedy, grasping workers.

No one minds paying extra for a burger here, pity American business owners are more concerned with lining their pockets than with paying their employees a decent wage.

Well...yes labor cost are significant for most companies. But it is not THE major cost.
In the fast food Restaurant business, approximately 30% of their operating cost is labor. So if wages doubled...the effect would be at least a 12% hike in consumer pricing. So at McDonalds that $4 happy meal would be $4.48. Or a $7 meal combo would be $7.84. Not that big of a jump.

Forum List

Back