Fast-food workers walk out of job

Working a register at Burger King is not worth $15 an hour.

It is if you can get someone to pay you that.... Thats between the employer and employee not you.

The problem is that minimum wage laws remove the "between the employer and employee" metric and add big daddy government into the equation.

Since when????? Are you telling me they can't decide to pay you more then a minimum wage?

He's telling you they can't decide to pay you less than minimum wage.

So? minimum wage is a useful tool to set a base line. It also cuts down on employee abuse. Not every employer is going to be altruistic. I means lets face it there are a lot of democrat employers and I think they shouldn't be able to screw people willy nilly.

Back in the 20th century... ought-'71 to be exact... I worked for $1.10/hour at the local Burger Doodle. Sure, I was living at home... but I 15 years old to boot. That money went to help put food on our family's table. My younger brother (I much later discovered) sold weed for the very same purpose. It was a hand to mouth existence. But we did it. Without Obama - who wasn't even not born on U.S. soil yet.

For every fast-food worker that walks, there are 40 applications sitting on file.

Regale in employment, and make the best of it. Add to it, work your way up. Be recognized for your efforts.

Or... sit at home doing jack shit and collect you Obama bucks. And contribute said-same shit to the world around you.

In 71 I remember my father returning from his third tour in Vietnam. I was 6 and didnt know who the hell he was. With him gone and my grandparents living with us 7 kids, my mom struggled to feed us all even on my father officer cola.

My sisters worked at the steak house waiting tables and made 20 cents an hr and tips. They would come home with 35 bucks between them and hand it over to my mom to help out.

Now you have McDolands workers that have been there for 20 years because making milk shakes is all they are capable of doing. That is UNSKILLED labor and if they cannot do more to help the business and dont deserve any more pay.

So? minimum wage is a useful tool to set a base line. It also cuts down on employee abuse. Not every employer is going to be altruistic. I means lets face it there are a lot of democrat employers and I think they shouldn't be able to screw people willy nilly.

But once there is a minimum wage then there is no longer the UNFETTERED contract between the employer and employee.

What the protesters want is not for the companies to give these wages on thier own, they want government to FORCE these companies to pay said wages. Any FF place that paid $15 an hour to entry level employees will not remain in buinsess too long.

But once there is a minimum wage then there is no longer the UNFETTERED contract between the employer and employee.

What the protesters want is not for the companies to give these wages on thier own, they want government to FORCE these companies to pay said wages. Any FF place that paid $15 an hour to entry level employees will not remain in buinsess too long.

Sure there is. All minimum means is there a base line. Now people get payed beneath that all the time.... They just work under the table. Now if your asking weather it does what those on it think it does??? Then we both know it doesn't. There was and still is a need for it. The need now it just to set a base line for low pay. each human starts at 7.74 an hour and negotiates to get it higher... No one HAS to take a job making minimum.

Sure there is. All minimum means is there a base line. Now people get payed beneath that all the time.... They just work under the table. Now if your asking weather it does what those on it think it does??? Then we both know it doesn't. There was and still is a need for it. The need now it just to set a base line for low pay. each human starts at 7.74 an hour and negotiates to get it higher... No one HAS to take a job making minimum.

Its still a case of the protesters wanting the government making a job NOT WORTH $15 an hour cost an employer $15 an hour (plus payroll taxes).

Its still a case of the protesters wanting the government making a job NOT WORTH $15 an hour cost an employer $15 an hour (plus payroll taxes).

If I owned the restaurants they would lose their jobs and I would hire more 16 year old kids to replace them.... Because you walk off and demand shit doesn't mean you get it LOL They are morons.

there is more to it then just that. I would lay good odds that the unions are behind this.

They want the dues of every single fast food worker out there.

What a bunch of idiots. Skilled labor workers that work for public works don't get a starting salary that large.

let them walk.... i hope they ALL get fired and replaced with people who want the jobs. Its not as if they need any skills for the jobs.

They can be easily replaced, thats why I don't think they will get the extra money they want.

What a bunch of idiots. Skilled labor workers that work for public works don't get a starting salary that large.

let them walk.... i hope they ALL get fired and replaced with people who want the jobs. Its not as if they need any skills for the jobs.

They can be easily replaced, thats why I don't think they will get the extra money they want.

i agree...and every one of them should be replaced. See how they like being out of a job.

I'll try and dig up where I was reading that Rep. Ellison had a hand in these protesting..I was wondering if this what the people who elected him was paying for him for?

anyway, these protesters have professional signs and their own community activist speaking for them so you figure it out...

i agree...and every one of them should be replaced. See how they like being out of a job.

I seen a couple people here the other day, people in their mid 20s working in Subway. They don't go to school and none of them is working on anything else, how do people survive on fast food wages?

I seen a couple people here the other day, people in their mid 20s working in Subway. They don't go to school and none of them is working on anything else, how do people survive on fast food wages?

back then I lived with roommates to cut the cost. These jobs weren't meant for a person with a family to live on...I worked in one while still attending school...School in the morning, work flipping burgers in the afternoon...It was class where I got a credit for working

back then I lived with roommates to cut the cost. These jobs weren't meant for a person with a family to live on...I worked in one while still attending school...School in the morning, work flipping burgers in the afternoon...It was class where I got a credit for working

I can see that, I worked in McDonalds when I was in high school and there were college kids in there with us too, but there seems to be a whole lost generation of people that never got out of the kitchen at KFC, and they want more money now.

I can see that, I worked in McDonalds when I was in high school and there were college kids in there with us too, but there seems to be a whole lost generation of people that never got out of the kitchen at KFC, and they want more money now.

it's true they are still there, but who's fault is that?
I worked out of that over the years...they can or won't do it, so they demand more money...that seems to be the generation of today..want more for doing nothing

I worked out of that over the years...they can or won't do it, so they demand more money...that seems to be the generation of today..want more for doing nothing

That and the lack of motivation, to get out of fast food you actually have to do something. Go to college, join the Military, trade school etc something, these guys just never left the milk shake machine and now its too late.

That and the lack of motivation, to get out of fast food you actually have to do something. Go to college, join the Military, trade school etc something, these guys just never left the milk shake machine and now its too late.

Yep, I went to a couple trade schools and worked in both fields...the opportunities are there, it's just wanting them..

So? minimum wage is a useful tool to set a base line. It also cuts down on employee abuse.
How is it abuse.

I discover you are offering a job that pays minimum wage, I come to apply, and we shake hands saying you'll pay me what we agreed on.

Forum List

Back