Fasting against marriage equality

Sorry.
Can't find any evidence of anti-greed fasts.
Or fasting against adultery.
Or fasting against pride.
Or fasting against divorce.
If you know otherwise, educate me.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I didn't think you could back up your claim.

You have just been beaten at your own game. Better luck next time.

Your unwillingness to show an example, which should be easy if my premise is incorrect, confirms my point.
You can prove a positive assertion, which you are suggesting.
All I can do is share that I can find no evidence of such movements.
If you think the hypocrisy of believers is a game, you are proving yourself to be a clumsy player.

Why was the article in the op written?

Would there have been 'evidence' of fasting for marriage without it?

You are pathetic. You shot your mouth off with nothing to back it up and you want to put the monkey on my back? Homey don't play that game. I have listened to people like you make unfounded claims then challenge others to prove them wrong for years. Get lost, pseudo-intellectual.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
You are embarrassed that the believers have a cut-and-paste theology, choosing to be appalled by a rarely mentioned issue scripturally and ignoring ongoing themes of money and pride.
If I'm wrong, stand up.

You're full of shit on all counts, Bruce. Not only do I not care about what these people think or why they think it, I really don't care about what you think or why you think it. You have your own cut and paste morality, you are no different from the ones you shame.

You lost your way, man, you forgot what the ministry is all about.

He was never a minister.. :lol:

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I didn't think you could back up your claim.

You have just been beaten at your own game. Better luck next time.

Your unwillingness to show an example, which should be easy if my premise is incorrect, confirms my point.
If you think the hypocrisy of believers is a game, you are proving yourself to be a clumsy player.

What point are you making?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
You are embarrassed that the believers have a cut-and-paste theology, choosing to be appalled by a rarely mentioned issue scripturally and ignoring ongoing themes of money and pride.
If I'm wrong, stand up.

You're full of shit on all counts, Bruce. Not only do I not care about what these people think or why they think it, I really don't care about what you think or why you think it. You have your own cut and paste morality, you are no different from the ones you shame.

You lost your way, man, you forgot what the ministry is all about.

He was never a minister.. :lol:

It's sounding more and more like that.

(Sarcasm)

The truth is, for a hate group, these christians are pretty limp.

We could point to any other hate group and we could associate all types of atrocities.

From active destruction of property, to denial of certain human rights, We could demonstrate that active hatred comes with actual demeaning activity.

But these christians are pretty pathetic in their acts of hatred!! They are going to fast. Fast! No bomb throwing, no vote taking, no herding the gays into camps.

They are going to Fast!! Makes me wonder if these hate-filled Christians are even serious about their hatred..........:booze:

Answer the questions... why was the article written? can you find 'evidence' of fasting for marriage outside of articles similar to what the op shows?

(Sarcasm)

We could point to any other hate group and we could associate all types of atrocities.

From active destruction of property, to denial of certain human rights, We could demonstrate that active hatred comes with actual demeaning activity.

But these christians are pretty pathetic in their acts of hatred!! They are going to fast. Fast! No bomb throwing, no vote taking, no herding the gays into camps.

They are going to Fast!! Makes me wonder if these hate-filled Christians are even serious about their hatred..........:booze:

Well, fasting can be an effective tool. When Gandhi fasted, he changed the world. Let's see if these people are made of the same stern stuff.

Answer the questions... why was the article written? can you find 'evidence' of fasting for marriage outside of articles similar to what the op shows?

Faith and Marriage Ministries » Fasting
Virginia Christians Pledge 40-Day Fast Against Gay Marriage; LGBT Advocates Mock Them, Hope They All Die From Suicide
Virginia Christians Plan 40-Day Fast Against Gay Marriage : News : Headlines & Global News

I can provide as many as you like.

(even more sarcasm)

Why don't we go ahead and admit it? The LGBT civil rights movement are not like the womens right movement to gain the right to vote, or the Jehovah Witnesses fight for their religious.

The LGBT civil movement is more like a national "Tea time with the gays". And now, we have a handful of christians refusing to eat the cookies or drink the tea.

Our pluralistic civil society has become way to 'civil' and way to 'plural'!! In fact, I sometimes forget whether or not if this is a civil rights movement for equality for gays or If this is a civil rights movement for christians to speak and practice their beliefs.

If it wasn't for the fact that some gays wanted to get married or adopt kids, you would too!!

(Sarcasm)

Well, fasting can be an effective tool. When Gandhi fasted, he changed the world. Let's see if these people are made of the same stern stuff.

Did he really change the world with it? I thought he changed some people in India with it. I thought that was the point of the fasts.

(Sarcasm)

Did he really change the world with it? I thought he changed some people in India with it. I thought that was the point of the fasts.

He changed the British Empire.

Faith and Marriage Ministries » Fasting
Virginia Christians Pledge 40-Day Fast Against Gay Marriage; LGBT Advocates Mock Them, Hope They All Die From Suicide
Virginia Christians Plan 40-Day Fast Against Gay Marriage : News : Headlines & Global News

I can provide as many as you like.

Your links just serve to prove my point, did you even look at them? :eek:

Perhaps you missed the part in red?

Your links just serve to prove my point, did you even look at them? :eek:

Perhaps you missed the part in red?

I did read them.
They are all in support of the group fasting against "the gay".

That was India, we 're talking about America

If your form of protest is simply to " fast" and "Read the Good Book", you are going to get trampled!!

Look at the article. A member of the christian group had to step up and clarify what is meant by fasting. Did you catch why? Because those christians are getting slammed by the "Homo-for-ya" groups.

They haven't started fasting and they are getting stepped on. How is this anything remotely like India?

Everything is backwards in this "civil" rights movement. All we need now are the LGBT groups shooting water canons at a Christian March on Washington!

When that happens, we're miles deep in the rabbit hole.

Not with the fasting. The fasting was to stop his fellow Indians from being violent with each other and the british.

My goodness, the gay left is offended about the 1st Amendment right of citizens to make a political statement with a hunger strike. What's the solution? Use a drone plane to purge the dreaded Christians from the landscape? We know it's in the minds of the hate filled radical left. The question is whether Obama can make it a reality.

? Conservative Christians Plan 40 Day Hunger Strike ? A Temper Tantrum To Demonstrate Hatred Of Gay People

“Our Constitution declares that ‘all men’ are created equal. Surely this means all of us.”

Judge Arenda L. Wright Allen of United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, in Norfolk wrote these words in February in a decision that overturned Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriage. Ever since, conservative Christians have been throwing a fit over it. This week, a group of desperate Christians announced their intention to fast for 40 days and 40 nights in the name of hate. It’s basically the same idea that a religious bigot in Utah attempted back in January.

Members of a religious organization called the Family Foundation are so hungry for hatred that they want to throw a temper tantrum for 40 days to protest same-sex marriage. In a statement, the group claims that the federal government, the media, corporations, the public education system, and the entertainment industry are all ganging up against churches in the fight for equality.

“Our state and nation are mired in a morass of confusion and post-modern thinking that does not believe in absolutes nor that any truth can even be known,” the statement says. “Nowhere is this more evident than in the current debate raging about what constitutes marriage. Pagan philosophies, a secular humanist education establishment and an entertainment industry that is absolutely determined in pushing the envelope on decency and morality have all combined to turn this great land into a country that our forefathers could not even begin to recognize.

Incomprehensible.

What would their god have to say about this?
The only thing I see that is incomprehensible is why you are worried about the opinion of someone you don't believe exists.

Last edited:
What would their god have to say about this?
You bear false witness with this libel and have the nerve to invoke God?

"This week, a group of desperate Christians announced their intention to fast for 40 days and 40 nights in the name of hate. It’s basically the same idea that a religious bigot in Utah attempted back in January."

Prostitutes and tax collectors will see the Kingdom of heaven before you do.

And this would be an example of an American freely exhibiting his ignorance and hate.

Actually, it is an example of an American exercising his right right to freedom of speech and religion, which explains why you are confused.

Forum List

Back