Fasting against marriage equality

These Christians fast seeking to relegate gay Americans to a separate and unequal legal status.
Homosexual relationships aren't equal to heterosexual ones. The left repeats lies to make them true. No one got here by way of a homosexual relationship. And what do you mean separate? They want homosexuals to lose voting rights or have separate water fountains?

A better way to put it would be to say that they are not interchangeable. How can something that is not interchangeable possibly be equivalent?

The term "gay marriage" in itself is oxymoronic.

That is factually no longer the case.

These Christians fast seeking to relegate gay Americans to a separate and unequal legal status.
Homosexual relationships aren't equal to heterosexual ones. The left repeats lies to make them true. No one got here by way of a homosexual relationship. And what do you mean separate? They want homosexuals to lose voting rights or have separate water fountains?

A better way to put it would be to say that they are not interchangeable. How can something that is not interchangeable possibly be equivalent?

Where they can be treated equally is
people's BELIEF in X Y Z.

The BELIEF either for or against gay marriage.
The BELIEF in either prochoice or prolife views of laws.
The BELIEF in either govt health care or free market health care.

The govt is supposed to be protecting people equally,
regardless of our beliefs and creeds, and not imposing any one belief for all people.

? Conservative Christians Plan 40 Day Hunger Strike ? A Temper Tantrum To Demonstrate Hatred Of Gay People

“Our Constitution declares that ‘all men’ are created equal. Surely this means all of us.”

Judge Arenda L. Wright Allen of United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, in Norfolk wrote these words in February in a decision that overturned Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriage. Ever since, conservative Christians have been throwing a fit over it. This week, a group of desperate Christians announced their intention to fast for 40 days and 40 nights in the name of hate. It’s basically the same idea that a religious bigot in Utah attempted back in January.

Members of a religious organization called the Family Foundation are so hungry for hatred that they want to throw a temper tantrum for 40 days to protest same-sex marriage. In a statement, the group claims that the federal government, the media, corporations, the public education system, and the entertainment industry are all ganging up against churches in the fight for equality.

“Our state and nation are mired in a morass of confusion and post-modern thinking that does not believe in absolutes nor that any truth can even be known,” the statement says. “Nowhere is this more evident than in the current debate raging about what constitutes marriage. Pagan philosophies, a secular humanist education establishment and an entertainment industry that is absolutely determined in pushing the envelope on decency and morality have all combined to turn this great land into a country that our forefathers could not even begin to recognize.[/QUOTE]

Incomprehensible.

What would their god have to say about this?

Their God would say, "Stand your ground, your ways are not the ways of the world."
Men being created equal, means 1. men were created and 2. that being created equally has nothing to do with sexual proclivity.

You can call a tiger a canine from now until eternity. It's still going to be a cat.

You can call a tiger a canine from now until eternity. It's still going to be a cat.
But no one DOES call a tiger a canine, do they?
And you can pretend that "faggot" still means a bundle of sticks, but it has morphed into a derogatory term for a gay person.
Meanings change, and refusing to acknowledge that doesn't stop the process. It simply makes you antiquated.
Marriage morphs, too.
Are you still in favor of marriage as a mysoginistic ownership contract as in biblical times?
No?
Why are you so opposed to its original intent?

Marriage morphs, too.
Are you still in favor of marriage as a mysoginistic ownership contract as in biblical times?
No?
You are clearly stuck on stupid. Marriage existed apart from biblical "times", whatever that's supposed to mean. Yes, it changed from including polygamy in this culture to excluding it. Since it goes back beyond "biblical times" there's a better reason to re-include it than same sex unions that didn't exist before in non-Jewish, non-Christian or atheistic cultures.

For the record, I'm opposed to any minority dictating marriage for the masses or using slavery or sexism an an excuse to forward any agenda they want.

Marriage morphs, too.
No?
You are clearly stuck on stupid. Marriage existed apart from biblical "times", whatever that's supposed to mean. Yes, it changed from including polygamy in this culture to excluding it. Since it goes back beyond "biblical times" there's a better reason to re-include it than same sex unions that didn't exist before in non-Jewish, non-Christian or atheistic cultures.

For the record, I'm opposed to any minority dictating marriage for the masses or using slavery or sexism an an excuse to forward any agenda they want.

You make my case for me with the polygamy reference.
Marriage is ALWAYS culturally defined.
Thanks for trying to swim in the deep end.

Marriage morphs, too.
No?

Then you are in favor of abortion, gay marriage and all other forms of equality for all human beings.

And I agree - a minority (or majority) has no right to force their beliefs on others.

That includes those who believe they know what a magic sky fairy wants/says and it includes those who are terrified of their own sexuality.

We all need to live our own lives and get our collective noses out of the lives of others.

MYOB

Thanks for proving the point that you are indeed stupid. I said all along that was my preference. You can't comprehend the meaning of words when they are put together. and culture didn't define gay marriage except in a few states and a few others had it imposed on them. Stay in the yellow baby pool.

Thanks for proving the point that you are indeed stupid. I said all along that was my preference. You can't comprehend the meaning of words when they are put together. and culture didn't define gay marriage except in a few states and a few others had it imposed on them. Stay in the yellow baby pool.

Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't let the facts kick you in the butt on the way out.

Incorrect.

The Supreme Court has held that gay Americans have the right to decide what types of relationships they wish to participate in, and that choice is entitled to the same protections as heterosexuals:

It suffices for us to acknowledge that adults may choose to enter upon this relationship in the confines of their homes and their own private lives and still retain their dignity as free persons. When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS

Consequently, the issue has nothing to do with ‘the left,’ it has to do with settled and accepted 14th Amendment jurisprudence requiring all persons to have equal access to a state’s law, including marriage law.

Those hostile to gay Americans seek to make them separate by denying them access to marriage law they’re eligible to participate in.

Incorrect.

The Supreme Court has held that gay Americans have the right to decide what types of relationships they wish to participate in, and that choice is entitled to the same protections as heterosexuals:

It suffices for us to acknowledge that adults may choose to enter upon this relationship in the confines of their homes and their own private lives and still retain their dignity as free persons. When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS

Consequently, the issue has nothing to do with ‘the left,’ it has to do with settled and accepted 14th Amendment jurisprudence requiring all persons to have equal access to a state’s law, including marriage law.

Those hostile to gay Americans seek to make them separate by denying them access to marriage law they’re eligible to participate in.

This post should be stickied

Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you have a credible source? Why resort to a wikilink if there are credible sources out there?

Incorrect.

You are incorrect. We weren't discussing sex.

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS
See above.

You puked all over yourself. Show us the Supreme Court ruling that made gay marriage a national law.

Do you have a credible source? Why resort to a wikilink if there are credible sources out there?You are incorrect. We weren't discussing sex.

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS
See above.

You puked all over yourself. Show us the Supreme Court ruling that made gay marriage a national law.

See the red portion above.
The Wiki article cites all of the relevant polls. You can touch on any of them and go to the actual research.
If you really want truth.
HUGE assumption, of course.

The Wiki article cites all of the relevant polls. You can touch on any of them and go to the actual research.
Wikipedia is a joke. So are you for posting a brain dead link instead of "actual research". It isn't legal in most states so I call bull.

Wikipedia is a joke. So are you for posting a brain dead link instead of "actual research". It isn't legal in most states so I call bull.

Can you read?
All of the relevant polls are cited in the article. You can go directly to them, including the Pew poll which tends conservative.
As I stated, I never thought the truth was of any interest to you.
You have confirmed my suspicions.
There is no state that Wikipedia is illegal in.
What on God's green earth are you talking about?
I think you have clinically lost your mind.

Im not sure you understand the point of fast.

I understand far better than you. You take yourself and your pop religion far too seriously.

Bold claim. Sacred things are meant to be serious. We can joke about the rest of life.

If you took your religion seriously, you would change your avatar to one not disrespectful of a 2600 year old religion. That's why I know you are a poseur and a fake.

Forum List

Back