Fate test McCarthy in Biden showdown

The vast majority of the country wants to allow abortions in most cases, ans wants better gun laws, and you want to whine about the will of the people.
That is simply not true. Most of the country does NOT favor abortions after the first trimester.

They never know what they are negotiating for, what effect it will have, or care beyond the possibility of a political advantage, if they can fk the economy just enough to drive inflation back up. It is not like the nut-ball populists are both legitimately conservative and intellectually/educationally competent to know what they are doing. Higher interests and a slight uptick might help them, but these idiots like a swath and burn approach, that could screw everybody, including themselves if they get their way, whatever they finally come out and say they want, as they haven't yet. Individual Republican when not in the limelight are often reasonably intelligent and conservative, but those people don't attract the populist zeal that get them in office anymore, and the smartest don't want it, as they don't need it to make a good living without the hassles and stupidity.
Democrats know what they are negotiating for - continued runaway spending and never cutting any spending.

We're going to either pay our due bills or crash the economy. Those are our only two options. Plenty of time to pass laws to reduce future spending, but past spending is due now. Why does the right want to crash the economy?
The third option is cutting future spending and raising the debt ceiling, something democrats refuse to do.

Then why won't Biden even talk about cutting expenses?
Too smart to argue with himself, as the kids have not said what they want him to cut, that they had approved in congress, already.

Democrats know what they are negotiating for - continued runaway spending and never cutting any spending.
It is those kinds of none specific BS, non-substantive claims he won't answer or negotiate, at least without them saying what it is they want. To do otherwise would be stupid. Everybody, in actuality but the extreme left know this.

Too smart to argue with himself, as the kids have not said what they want him to cut, that they had approved in congress, already.
What a bunch of double talk. The Republican plan, already passed, talks about cuts to future spending, which Biden refuses to talk about and has, in fact, presented a 2024 budget with zero cuts.

It is those kinds of none specific BS, non-substantive claims he won't answer or negotiate, at least without them saying what it is they want. To do otherwise would be stupid. Everybody, in actuality but the extreme left know this.
They passed a bill which shows what they want to cut. Why doesn't Biden want to talk about cutting something? Because he doesn't want to cut anything.

What a bunch of double talk. The Republican plan, already passed, talks about cuts to future spending, which Biden refuses to talk about and has, in fact, presented a 2024 budget with zero cuts.
show me the link so I can see what they asked specifically, not philosophically.

They passed a bill which shows what they want to cut. Why doesn't Biden want to talk about cutting something? Because he doesn't want to cut anything.
OK. Show me the bill. Heck, I'll take a bill number. It is drizzly and cool, so I'm not busy.

They never know what they are negotiating for, what effect it will have, or care beyond the possibility of a political advantage, if they can fk the economy just enough to drive inflation back up. It is not like the nut-ball populists are both legitimately conservative and intellectually/educationally competent to know what they are doing. Higher interests and a slight uptick might help them, but these idiots like a swath and burn approach, that could screw everybody, including themselves if they get their way, whatever they finally come out and say they want, as they haven't yet. Individual Republican when not in the limelight are often reasonably intelligent and conservative, but those people don't attract the populist zeal that get them in office anymore, and the smartest don't want it, as they don't need it to make a good living without the hassles and stupidity.
So Republicans should just continue approving higher deficit spending ad infinitum? At some point, at some time, somebody has to put their foot down.

They wanted caps on various departments. Democrats refuse to even talk about cuts.
Send me link. I'll look at it. Sounds like going to be of interest for a couple of weeks.

Send me link. I'll look at it. Sounds like going to be of interest for a couple of weeks.
It's ridiculous to have to provide you with a link because if you are going to post on the subject then you should already be informed on the subject. I know this is a complete and total waste of my time but here goes. It would be nice if you could prove me wrong in that I wasted my time but I doubt that will happen. Not from Fox News:

It's ridiculous to have to provide you with a link because if you are going to post on the subject then you should already be informed on the subject. I know this is a complete and total waste of my time but here goes. It would be nice if you could prove me wrong in that I wasted my time but I doubt that will happen. Not from Fox News:

Like I saw from Ray's link some I like. Some are meaningless BS or simply counterproductive.
Supporting Ray's article, "The package does not list any specific cuts." Anybody that has negotiated knows you have to have specific.
I favor blocking any tuition repayment, as that was dept intentionally taken on by the borrower and the employment market is good, especially if they were studying advance finger painting and sandbox 101 courses toward graduation.
At this point, unused Covid money should be taken back off the table. I am tired of the ads from companies telling businesses if the had and kept certain employees 3 years ago, they may be entitled to free money, which I am sure the advertised company would be glad to help you get for a fee.
I am not anti-green, just not pro-green. Though some of those tax credits are useful, energy efficient buildings are useful, nuclear deductions are useful. I am certainly not going to support anything that would go against the new Ford vehicle and battery plants 30 miles from here. I make no apologies for the "fine until my ox is gored stance". I am not excited about increasing money to oil and gas people, the two recent approvals prior to show steps in the right direction, counter to what Joe ran on, but showing support for the industry in a metered way, especially since energy company profits alread at or near historic highs.

That was just from my quick read of both, though the bill linked in your article was the unnumbered draft, so still have not seen what I have heard was passed and don't even know if it has the same name, that name from the article, not in the draft.

So Republicans should just continue approving higher deficit spending ad infinitum? At some point, at some time, somebody has to put their foot down.
They certainly were not interested in putting their foot down 4 years ago, so it looks like political bullsh#t without the specifics. What specific in the bill were you favoring? Maybe there is common ground.

Why would you consider a default McCarthy and the Republican‘s fault rather than Biden and the Democrat’s fault? The Republicans are willing to negotiate a deal, the Democrats and Biden are not.

Cause he's a kiss ass Biden supporter. :dunno:

What gets me is the gop has a real plan in the form of a Debt Ceiling Bill that passed the House. You may not like it but it's a plan.

What's the dem's plan to rein in spending?

Crickets and nonsensical grandstanding from the dems thus far.

What, do they really think McCarthy is going to go back to the House after next week's meeting with a list of demands from the likes of Schumer and change a passed Bill?

No, the only movement possible is to bring the Bill to the Senate floor for a vote but Schumer knows he doesn't have the votes to block it.

Even if he does he does block it he does not want it going into reconciliation because, like petulant children, the dems want everything their way.
Reign in spending, surely you jest!

Forum List

Back