Father/Daughter Shot Dead; Wounded Mom Shepherds Kids to Safety

I carry a weapon for self-protection. I don't go into a psychopathic rant and list inventory.

So does Ernie, so do I...either we're all crazy, or none of us are.

Besides, how smart is it to list your arsenal on-line when there might be cops among us? Crazy.

The government knows what I have...I buy and sell everything through licensed FFLs.

My "arsenal" is a bunch of hunting rifles and shotguns. I have ONE non-rimfire, non-single-shot pistol. Seven shotguns, each set up for something different, from a scoped bolt-action 12 gauge turkey gun, to an over-under 410/22LR for squirrels and rabbits. Both of which I've posted about here.

12 Gauge and 50 cal muzzleloader
New project. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

410/22LR
Chiappa Double Badger .22lr .410 O O US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Single shot pistol
The Rossi Trifecta Your Best Bug Out Buddy US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

17HMR single shot
.17 HMR H R Handi-rifle US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Modified 12 gauge single shot
Knock-around gun... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Another Pardner 12 gauge converted to black powder.
What do the left consider the greatest threat to America US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

9mm, 22lr double action revolver and 22lr single action revolver. (the Ruger was a 22lr semi-auto, but it's gone now)
Home security US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

And a scary black AR-15 I've mentioned owning at least 1000 times.

What are we up to? 11...I also have a 30/30 single shot deer rifle.

There you go, an even dozen that the NSA has unfettered access to...a terrifying "arsenal".

Very impressive arsenal. Are you expecting a war? Are you expecting a home invasion by federal the government?

I don't even have one.

Hell, that's nothing. I know people with hundreds of weapons in their collections.

Here's a nice collection of machineguns for instance.

BruceSternGunVaultA.jpg

Men that have gun collections tend to have wives that are unsatisfied in the bedroom.

I don't care if cops know I have weapons. I'm not a felon and I hold a CCP. None of my firearms are illegal

It will be nice to know who you are when you snap.

Actually, it's closeted assholes like you who snap. Also having a progressive mindset is another warning sign. It seems the progressives have very juvenile minds and they turn violent when they don't get their way.

I carry a weapon for self-protection. I don't go into a psychopathic rant and list inventory.

Besides, how smart is it to list your arsenal on-line when there might be cops among us? Crazy.

The government knows what I have...I buy and sell everything through licensed FFLs.

My "arsenal" is a bunch of hunting rifles and shotguns. I have ONE non-rimfire, non-single-shot pistol. Seven shotguns, each set up for something different, from a scoped bolt-action 12 gauge turkey gun, to an over-under 410/22LR for squirrels and rabbits. Both of which I've posted about here.

410/22LR
Chiappa Double Badger .22lr .410 O O US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Single shot pistol
The Rossi Trifecta Your Best Bug Out Buddy US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

17HMR single shot

What do the left consider the greatest threat to America US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

9mm, 22lr double action revolver and 22lr single action revolver. (the Ruger was a 22lr semi-auto, but it's gone now)

There you go, an even dozen that the NSA has unfettered access to...a terrifying "arsenal".

Very impressive arsenal. Are you expecting a war? Are you expecting a home invasion by federal the government?

I don't even have one.

Hell, that's nothing. I know people with hundreds of weapons in their collections.

BruceSternGunVaultA.jpg

Men that have gun collections tend to have wives that are unsatisfied in the bedroom.

Well, men and women who have gun collections have money, which means they're successful. Successful people generally have very fulfilling sex lives. Your jealousy is probably explained by your lack of sex.

410/22LR

Single shot pistol

17HMR single shot

I don't even have one.

BruceSternGunVaultA.jpg

I vote this the dumbest comment of the month

Successful people generally have very fulfilling sex lives

--- Linky?

You provide a link that says gun collectors have bad sex lives.

Not my yob. Assertion is your'n, ergo so is burden of proof. :muahaha:

Not my job either buckwheat. One P was spouting the usual anti gun rhetoric so I responded with the same. If you want better you have to present better.

Dafuck does "One P" have to do with me?
ScratchHead.gif

FYI I've already taken two Ps today alone.

You responded with "anti-gun rhetoric"? I missed it. :(

MENASHA, Wis. -- The Stoffel family set out on a bike ride on a beautiful spring evening, the young Wisconsin couple and their three children pedaling across a bridge they had ridden before. They were halfway across the Little Lake Butte des Morts when a gunman, apparently upset over a fight with his ex-fiancee, opened fire.

By the time the gunman shot himself, Jonathan Stoffel, 33, of Neenah, and his 11-year-old daughter, Olivia Stoffel, were dead in what police called a random attack. Stoffel's wife, Erin Stoffel, 32, was struck three times but survived, guiding her other two children, ages 5 and 7, off the bridge and sending the older one for help.

Another man, Adam Bentdahl, 31, of Appleton, was also killed in the attack Sunday in Menasha, a community of around 17,000 about 30 miles south of Green Bay.

Erin Stoffel was rushed into surgery at a nearby hospital and was in critical condition Monday. She is expected to recover, reports CBS affiliate WDJT.
For my mandatory USMB position-taking I'll just cite this from the same article:

Campbell, Erin Stoffel's brother, said people should stop praying about an end for gun violence and take action.

"Instead of praying, do something. Do something about guns," he said. "When you kill, you can't take it back. Nobody needs a gun."

Story link

Sad. But anyone using this as a rallying point to ban guns should ask themselves if they'd call for a ban on automobiles if the killer had run them over instead of used a gun.

410/22LR

Single shot pistol

17HMR single shot

I don't even have one.

BruceSternGunVaultA.jpg

I vote this the dumbest comment of the month

Oh, just look at what One P posts. This is nothing compared to his usual BS.

MENASHA, Wis. -- The Stoffel family set out on a bike ride on a beautiful spring evening, the young Wisconsin couple and their three children pedaling across a bridge they had ridden before. They were halfway across the Little Lake Butte des Morts when a gunman, apparently upset over a fight with his ex-fiancee, opened fire.

By the time the gunman shot himself, Jonathan Stoffel, 33, of Neenah, and his 11-year-old daughter, Olivia Stoffel, were dead in what police called a random attack. Stoffel's wife, Erin Stoffel, 32, was struck three times but survived, guiding her other two children, ages 5 and 7, off the bridge and sending the older one for help.

Another man, Adam Bentdahl, 31, of Appleton, was also killed in the attack Sunday in Menasha, a community of around 17,000 about 30 miles south of Green Bay.

Erin Stoffel was rushed into surgery at a nearby hospital and was in critical condition Monday. She is expected to recover, reports CBS affiliate WDJT.
For my mandatory USMB position-taking I'll just cite this from the same article:

Campbell, Erin Stoffel's brother, said people should stop praying about an end for gun violence and take action.

"Instead of praying, do something. Do something about guns," he said. "When you kill, you can't take it back. Nobody needs a gun."

Story link

Sad. But anyone using this as a rallying point to ban guns should ask themselves if they'd call for a ban on automobiles if the killer had run them over instead of used a gun.

It ain't a "rallying point to ban" anything, nor did I suggest that. It's simply yet another example of the wages of gunnuttery. An examination of those values, and where they lead.

The comparison with cars is, as always, a non-starter, pun intended. We don't live in a death-by-vehicular-homicide culture. If we did we'd have a whole different discussion going on. But we don't.

Story link

It ain't a "rallying point to ban" anything, nor did I suggest that. It's simply yet another example of the wages of gunnuttery. An examination of those values, and where they lead.

The comparison with cars is, as always, a non-starter, pun intended. We don't live in a death-by-vehicular-homicide culture. If we did we'd have a whole different discussion going on. But we don't.

We don't have a car-homocide culture because we have guns. If we didn't have guns though we'd simply use something else.

Prior to the invention of gunpowder and firearms, we still murdered each other just fine. Arguably even more efficiently, just less randomly.

Story link

We don't have a car-homocide culture because we have guns. If we didn't have guns though we'd simply use something else.

Prior to the invention of gunpowder and firearms, we still murdered each other just fine. Arguably even more efficiently, just less randomly.

No I don't think "more efficiently" is arguable. If that were the case the invention of firearm technology would have been a failure.

("failure" meaning in the sense of popular/widely used of course, not the ethical sense)

Nor can I agree that propensity to murder leads gun violence; rather the technology --- and its very efficiency -- leads to that violence.

Again, random gun nuts going off like this are not out for "murder" per se. Murder is when you catch your spouse in the act. It's specific and personally targeted. The goal here is carnage, visual, aural sensory input of blood and screams and targets running for their lives in fear. Only a gun delivers that. In a way it's more akin to rape than murder, because at the psychological base it's about power (i.e. lack thereof). Firearms deliver instant, if perverse, access to ultimate power.

Murders, intentional targeted ones, can be and certainly are committed by firearms, as are suicides. Part of the same efficiency factor. Without firearms, they would still happen, though to a lesser extent due to the same efficiency factor.

But this sort of random picking off innocent strangers would not.

Crazy people everywhere. This is sad. :(

These would be far less upsetting if these assholes would start with themselves and skip taking innocent bystanders who had nothing to do with their problems.

The problem of course is they will use jet airliners, or cars, or pickup trucks, or a gallon of gasoline.
Assholes are assholes. They murder people because they are assholes.

Actually they won't -- you can't pick people off from a distance with that stuff. The objective is not murder; it's carnage. If the objective were murder then yes any of these methods and many more including hiring a hit man while establishing an alibi elsewhere. But that's not what gun nuts are after. They're after sensory feedback. That's why their victims are random -- it doesn't matter who they are. What matters is the blood and the screaming and the suffering.

No amount of disarming the other 90 million legit people is going to make it impossible for assholes to be assholes.

It would be nice if you could. But the reality is those laws save no one, and in fact harm more than are hurt.

Nobody brought up "disarming" anybody. But the only harm done here was by the armed guy. To paraphrase Bob Costas, if he hadn't been armed it's safe to say the whole family would be alive today.

And if members of the family had been armed they might be alive today............

Forum List

Back