Father kills gay son

I'm not blaming gays, ...There is something wrong with gays who demand acceptance from their families when there is no right to acceptance at all..

LOL...."I am not blaming gays....but I am blaming gays"

What 'gays who demand acceptance of their families'?

Personally I think there is something wrong with Christians who murder their sons.....but this case is not an indctiment of all Christians, simply because you have one Christian father who killed his son.

The son was nothing but a nutcase. Most gays are. This one just made things worse by being a druggie.

I grew up in an orthodox family, and know of children being killed or arrested for being gay.

Surely that would have been newsworthy where you came from. Can you show us a snippet from the paper or a link to an article proving your experience?
The only child I heard of killed because he was gay was Lawrence King. He tormented Brian McInerney so much that the boy could no longer stand it. Complaints to the school and calling the police wouldn't stop King's unending harassment. So Brian shot him in the head.

Children accused of satanism got more press than a dead gay.
I didn't grow up in the US.
My friends I tried to protect. When they needed a "date" I was there for them. As adults they found a place in the small community where they were safer.
Things have changed a bit over the years, but not too much. Gays can still be legally killed and no one raises a voice.

The situation you described is even less likely. Again, its happened less than 10 times in the last half decade. Your 'risk to religious liberty' is grotesquely overstated, as virtually no one in the country faces the conflict you described. To give you a scale of how rare it is and how minute the risk is....there are literally orders of magnitude more risk of being struck by lightning. Or of winning the lottery.

I'm going to risk saying that you're missing the point.

It still happens. People still get struck by lightning, people win the lottery. As infinitesimal as the chances are, it happens.

The situation you described is even less likely. Again, its happened less than 10 times in the last half decade. Your 'risk to religious liberty' is grotesquely overstated, as virtually no one in the country faces the conflict you described. To give you a scale of how rare it is and how minute the risk is....there are literally orders of magnitude more risk of being struck by lightning. Or of winning the lottery.

I'm going to risk saying that you're missing the point.

You cited risk to religious liberties. There is virtually none. You're orders of magnitude more likely to win the lottery, even by your own standards.

It still happens. People still get struck by lightning, people win the lottery. As infinitesimal as the chances are, it happens.

In terms of risk, infinitesimal chance means infinitesimal risk.

By your own reasoning, lightning is a far greater threat to religious liberty than gay people. As you can't exercise your religion as a citizen of the united states when you're dead. And lightning kills orders of magnitude more than your scenario played out....every year.

Damn that lightning. Its so violates the 1st amendment.

I grew up in an orthodox family, and know of children being killed or arrested for being gay.

Surely that would have been newsworthy where you came from. Can you show us a snippet from the paper or a link to an article proving your experience?
The only child I heard of killed because he was gay was Lawrence King. He tormented Brian McInerney so much that the boy could no longer stand it. Complaints to the school and calling the police wouldn't stop King's unending harassment. So Brian shot him in the head.

My friends I tried to protect. When they needed a "date" I was there for them. As adults they found a place in the small community where they were safer.
Things have changed a bit over the years, but not too much. Gays can still be legally killed and no one raises a voice.
So families were ashamed of a mentally ill family member. It was very common.

No gays can't legally be killed. The alleged killer does get a defense. Maybe that's what upsets you so.

You dated gay guys! Me too! Long ago when the closet was still crowded. As a teen, I was a paid fag hag.

No gays can't legally be killed. The alleged killer does get a defense. Maybe that's what upsets you so.

The law might have changed just two years ago, but the culture doesn't change so fast.
Till march '14, it was the law to kill gays back home. Gays could not legally enter the country before.
Change does come

Not like killing gays is foreign to the US. Last year in California a bill was put forth to kill gays

>>
One California attorney, for the small fee $200, proposed a ballot measure last month to violently kill all gays and lesbians, a proposition nearly everyone assumed would be promptly put to bed. But because of state law, the outrageous proposition will almost certainly be allowed to continue on to the next legislative phase.

The rather offensive “Sodomite Suppression Act” proposed by Huntington Beach attorney Matt McLaughlin would allow heterosexuals to kill gays and lesbians by “bullets to the head,” or “any other convenient method.” In other words, it’s a bill that permits — no, encourages — the public to murder human beings.

Though the state legislature’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Caucus requested that the State Bar investigate McLaughlin’s ability to practice law, and a petition signed by thousands asked State Bar President Craig Holden to revoke McLaughlin license, the California legislature has no choice but to advance the bill to the signature-gathering stage.

Under California law, the state attorney general — currently Kamala Harris — is charged with writing a title and summary for the proposal, but has no authority to scrap proposals, regardless of how ridiculous they are. The law was designed so that attorneys general wouldn’t be able to let their own politics influence which proposals pass through.

Sacramento Media consultant Carol Dahmen, who started the petition to disbar McLaughlin, wants to draw attention to the need to reform the initiative system, which was initially created so that political activists could submit petitions to support causes they believe to be noteworthy.

Dahmen went as far as to call McLaughlin the “poster boy of what is still wrong with the initiative process.”

“It’s an interesting discussion about free speech, and I get that,” Dahmen said. “But this is a lawyer, and he’s advocating for murder.”

McLaughlin’s next step is to gether 365,880 signatures to advance his proposal to the next ballot — something no one believes will happen.

“While you might say that this initiative is ‘clearly’ illegal (and I would agree), the notion of what is or is not ‘clearly’ illegal is not always so cut and dried,” political and election attorney Tom Hiltachk wrote in an email to the Sacramento Bee. “If you give the (attorney general) discretion, there may be cases in which she refused to issue a title and summary asserting that the measure was ‘clearly’ illegal.”

“While in this case, it seems foolish and perhaps unwise to issue a title and summary, the better approach is the current approach, prohibiting discretion, so that ‘close cases’ are not inappropriately derailed by a recalcitrant AG.”

UC Davis law professor and former criminal defense attorney Vikram Amar, presented a similar view.

“This one drips of evil, so the instinct is to say ‘Well, there’s got to be a way to avoid wasting everybody’s time,’” he said. “But in the law we often have limitations that are built not for the easy cases but because we are worried about the hard cases.”

Some of the more egregious parts of McLaughlin’s plan include a $1 million dollar fine for transmitting “sodomistic propaganda,” or 10 year imprisonment — or banishment from California for life.

“This law is effective immediately and shall not be rendered ineffective nor invalidated by any court, state or federal, until heard by a quorum of the Supreme Court of California consisting only of judges who are neither sodomites nor subject to disqualification hereunder,” it states.

There are no obvious proponents of the measure other than McLaughlin himself<<

You dated gay guys! Me too! Long ago when the closet was still crowded. As a teen, I was a paid fag hag.

I was trying to protect friends.

The law might have changed just two years ago, but the culture doesn't change so fast.
Till march '14, it was the law to kill gays back home. Gays could not legally enter the country before.
Change does come

Not like killing gays is foreign to the US. Last year in California a bill was put forth to kill gays

>>
One California attorney, for the small fee $200, proposed a ballot measure last month to violently kill all gays and lesbians, a proposition nearly everyone assumed would be promptly put to bed. But because of state law, the outrageous proposition will almost certainly be allowed to continue on to the next legislative phase.

The rather offensive “Sodomite Suppression Act” proposed by Huntington Beach attorney Matt McLaughlin would allow heterosexuals to kill gays and lesbians by “bullets to the head,” or “any other convenient method.” In other words, it’s a bill that permits — no, encourages — the public to murder human beings.

Though the state legislature’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Caucus requested that the State Bar investigate McLaughlin’s ability to practice law, and a petition signed by thousands asked State Bar President Craig Holden to revoke McLaughlin license, the California legislature has no choice but to advance the bill to the signature-gathering stage.

Under California law, the state attorney general — currently Kamala Harris — is charged with writing a title and summary for the proposal, but has no authority to scrap proposals, regardless of how ridiculous they are. The law was designed so that attorneys general wouldn’t be able to let their own politics influence which proposals pass through.

Sacramento Media consultant Carol Dahmen, who started the petition to disbar McLaughlin, wants to draw attention to the need to reform the initiative system, which was initially created so that political activists could submit petitions to support causes they believe to be noteworthy.

Dahmen went as far as to call McLaughlin the “poster boy of what is still wrong with the initiative process.”

“It’s an interesting discussion about free speech, and I get that,” Dahmen said. “But this is a lawyer, and he’s advocating for murder.”

McLaughlin’s next step is to gether 365,880 signatures to advance his proposal to the next ballot — something no one believes will happen.

“While you might say that this initiative is ‘clearly’ illegal (and I would agree), the notion of what is or is not ‘clearly’ illegal is not always so cut and dried,” political and election attorney Tom Hiltachk wrote in an email to the Sacramento Bee. “If you give the (attorney general) discretion, there may be cases in which she refused to issue a title and summary asserting that the measure was ‘clearly’ illegal.”

“While in this case, it seems foolish and perhaps unwise to issue a title and summary, the better approach is the current approach, prohibiting discretion, so that ‘close cases’ are not inappropriately derailed by a recalcitrant AG.”

UC Davis law professor and former criminal defense attorney Vikram Amar, presented a similar view.

“This one drips of evil, so the instinct is to say ‘Well, there’s got to be a way to avoid wasting everybody’s time,’” he said. “But in the law we often have limitations that are built not for the easy cases but because we are worried about the hard cases.”

Some of the more egregious parts of McLaughlin’s plan include a $1 million dollar fine for transmitting “sodomistic propaganda,” or 10 year imprisonment — or banishment from California for life.

“This law is effective immediately and shall not be rendered ineffective nor invalidated by any court, state or federal, until heard by a quorum of the Supreme Court of California consisting only of judges who are neither sodomites nor subject to disqualification hereunder,” it states.

The attorney didn't file that initiative seriously. He did in an effort to end the initiative process. He filed many such initiatives in the past, each more outrageous than the last. All of them an effort to end the entire process of citizens getting issues on the ballot.

I was trying to protect friends.
I got paid, at least. I wouldn't protect jack shit without payment.

Change does come

>>

The attorney didn't file that initiative seriously. He did in an effort to end the initiative process. He filed many such initiatives in the past, each more outrageous than the last. All of them an effort to end the entire process of citizens getting issues on the ballot.

Only been a few decades since the sodomy laws were repealed in most states.

Change does come

>>

Only been a few decades since the sodomy laws were repealed in most states.
It still had nothing to do with this crazy lawyer. I would not mind repealing sodomy laws, IF the penalty for anal rape was enhanced about triple. Make it a death penalty offense. That's fair.

You cited risk to religious liberties. There is virtually none.

When Nathan Deal vetoed our religious liberty bill here in Georgia, he set the precedent for allowing gay couples to walk into a church, mosque or synagogue and demand the Pastor, Rabbi, or Imam marry them.

So yes, because of this happenstance, there is a risk to my religious liberty, not just of these men of the cloth. The frequency of it happening is irrelevant. It only takes one angry gay couple who have been spurned at the altar--and a lawsuit--to destroy a place of worship and take it away from innocent worshippers.

Your argument rests on the risk being minimal because of how intermittently it happens. But it only takes one punch to the face for you to feel it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back