Father of CA Mass Shooting Victim Blames NRA and Republicans

His parents warned the police prior to this. They questioned him several times and ruled he was no threat to anyone.

I don't think that means the cops dropped the ball. Are you proposing that if someone reports a gun owner to police, that the police should abridge their right to own a gun? Slippery slope...next thing you know, if you hold a certain political ideology...you can't own a gun.

actually California is not to far off in that respect

in 2013 the cops in Los Angeles came and confiscated the firearms

of a lady that spent two days in a mental hold

no due process no warrant

Wearing bulletproof vests and carrying 40-caliber Glock pistols, nine California (STOCA1) Justice Department agents assembled outside a ranch-style house in a suburb east of Los Angeles. They were looking for a gun owner who’d recently spent two days in a mental hospital.

They knocked on the door and asked to come in. About 45 minutes later, they came away peacefully with three firearms.

the rest of the story is spin

If she'd taken the guns and killed people you and yours would be accusing the police of not doing enough.

His parents warned the police prior to this. They questioned him several times and ruled he was no threat to anyone.

I don't think that means the cops dropped the ball. Are you proposing that if someone reports a gun owner to police, that the police should abridge their right to own a gun? Slippery slope...next thing you know, if you hold a certain political ideology...you can't own a gun.

By reading some of his internet posts for one.

Have you read other peoples internet posts? There are millions of loons out there. How would they know this particular person was the one?

Let me see. The parents thought he was a threat, he exhibited anti social behavior, was dealing with a mental illness and he was posting threats. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the cops didn't do a good job of connecting the dots.

What makes you think that? Did you get a hold of the recorded session where they questioned the kid?

Gun control doesn't completely work. It can only limit people doing these types of things. I can go back to the city I grew up in and get an assault rifle with no problem from some of my childhood friends. Criminals don't obey the law. Thats why they are criminals.

The fact that you know this is VERY telling.

Have you read other peoples internet posts? There are millions of loons out there. How would they know this particular person was the one?

Let me see. The parents thought he was a threat, he exhibited anti social behavior, was dealing with a mental illness and he was posting threats. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the cops didn't do a good job of connecting the dots.
If that is the case, should we be calling the cops on some of the members here? There are at least two members that concern me. Or should we accept the excuse that we all give these idiots...its just a front, a troll having anonymous fun.

Gun control doesn't completely work. It can only limit people doing these types of things. I can go back to the city I grew up in and get an assault rifle with no problem from some of my childhood friends. Criminals don't obey the law. Thats why they are criminals.

:lol::lol: Really? What a complete idiot you are...and clearly a racist to boot!

Are you a moron? The parents were worried enough something bad was going to happen that they called the police. The police investigated and came up with a conclusion after being warned. Guess what? They were wrong in their judgement.

Hindsight is 20/20. What evidence did the cops have that he was going to kill people?

In a disturbing twist to the case, Shifman revealed Rodger's parents contacted authorities several weeks ago after seeing a series of YouTube videos their son posted which made references to suicide and murder.

Those clips, notably one titled Retribution, have been played repeatedly during television news coverage.

In it, a young man who identifies himself as Rodger says he plans to take revenge against humanity as retribution for his loneliness and because "girls have never been attracted to me".

Earlier video diary entries follow a similar theme, often touching on his loneliness and frustration. Shifman acknowledged that the 22-year-old had trouble making friends.

According to Shifman, Rodgers was interviewed by police after his parents flagged their concern but police told the family he was a "perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human".

from his manifesto

------------------------------

Screen-Shot-2014-05-24-at-8.05.14-PM.jpg

How would they know for sure if he was a threat or not?

So cops should make a criminal determination by what one writes on the internet? If so, a bunch of you guys are in serious trouble.....

I grew up around gangs. I'm not ashamed of that.

What makes you think that? Did you get a hold of the recorded session where they questioned the kid?

What makes me think what? Everything I wrote was fact. No.

What makes you think the kid revealed something to them that would make them lock him up for 72 hours and what would have stopped him from doing it after he was released?

The last time you lied about your "income" you claimed 26.5 mil. didn't you? Either way you're still lying! And the asshole involved, killed just as many people with a knife. You can outlaw any damned thing you wish and people like this will still murder. It's what they do.

And funnily enough...it's rich people who are pushing gun control. I wonder why? Maybe they have figured out that to REALLY fuck over the citizens of this country they must first be disarmed. Otherwise the theft might...just might result in the death of those rich people who have been screwing over the peasantry for so long.

Ever notice that? Gun control is the ultimate in class warfare. Disarm the peasants and that allows you to turn them into slaves..... Which IS the ultimate goal of the super rich.

Guns in the hands of the citizen, is the ONLY thing that prevents that. That's why progressive assholes like OP want people disarmed. Then the mass murder on an epic scale can truly begin...

Thanks for noticing my million off. I feel richer now.

He killed 7 and wounded 7 with a knife?

Guess what......you're ALREADY a slave......to the Republican party and the gun lobby.

:lol::lol::lol: No, no I'm not. Unlike you I have all the guns I need and I own my own property outright. Well, except for my property taxes...those I have to pay or the real owners (the government) will evict me. Funny that, the government actually owns ALL THE LAND IN THE COUNTRY.

We merely think we do. Thanks to progressives like OP here, the wool has been pulled over the eyes of the people. Those truly are slaves. People like me though... we know how the game is played.....that sets us free.

I too own all the guns I need. I too own all of my properties outright. I too pay property taxes which pays for services such as roadways which I use. But unlike you, I'm not a slave to archaic beliefs.

No, it isn't.

Most of us who grew up outside of suburbia know at least a few criminals.

What makes you think the kid revealed something to them that would make them lock him up for 72 hours and what would have stopped him from doing it after he was released?

The fears his parents had, his mental illness, behavior, writings, youtube videos, etc. were reason enough for the cops to take him as a threat seriously. Bottom line is the cops choose to ignore the clues after being warned ahead of time.

The fears his parents had, his mental illness, behavior, writings, youtube videos, etc. were reason enough for the cops to take him as a threat seriously. Bottom line is the cops choose to ignore the clues after being warned ahead of time.

You cant lock people up for that. Even if you did what would have stopped him from doing it after he got out?

Forum List

Back