Father of CA Mass Shooting Victim Blames NRA and Republicans

Ill give him a pass because he's dealing with a tragedy and is probably not thinking rationally, but yeah, what he's saying is obviously wrong.

No pass. Not from me.. EVER.. This is a guy who makes a living directing movies like "The Hunger Games GLORIFYING teen on teen violence. He BOUGHT the weaponized BMW for his crazy son that used it to put 4 people into the hospital. If you want to know why his son never dwelt in reality -- here's your answer.. In Hollywood, NO ONE is responsible for their wrong decisions and evil actions.. And MORALS and ETHICS are all relative to your self - esteem.

I saw this dude get up to the podium in his first public statement and with veins bulging in his neck -- blame the NRA for what happened. No remorse, no concern for the victims. When HE KNEW his son was deranged and had contacted S. Barbara police for a welfare check a couple weeks before. His SON paid a price for his denial of responsibilities, this "dad" should also...

The suspect's father was not the one who made those statements. It was one of the fathers of one of the victims.

Last edited:
I blame the father of the punk himself for never having gotten the kid proper psychiatric care.

I wouldn't necessarily. The kid was seeing multiple therapists. I don't know if any of them were actually doctors, but there is a possibility that the parents tried the best they could to get the kid the right kind of treatment, they might have just been unsuccessful in achieving that for him.

Like I said, it is the pussification of America. Our kids have no sense of reality any more. We give them a trophy for coming in last place. We call failures success and we call success failures. We blame everything and everyone else for failure and enable a false sense of entitlement. We are not honest with our children, and when they face the reality of not being a success, they can't handle it. It just makes no sense.

Ill give him a pass because he's dealing with a tragedy and is probably not thinking rationally, but yeah, what he's saying is obviously wrong.

No pass. Not from me.. EVER.. This is a guy who makes a living directing movies like "The Hunger Games GLORIFYING teen on teen violence. He BOUGHT the weaponized BMW for his crazy son that used it to put 4 people into the hospital. If you want to know why his son never dwelt in reality -- here's your answer.. In Hollywood, NO ONE is responsible for their wrong decisions and evil actions.. And MORALS and ETHICS are all relative to your self - esteem.

I saw this dude get up to the podium in his first public statement and with veins bulging in his neck -- blame the NRA for what happened. No remorse, no concern for the victims. When HE KNEW his son was deranged and had contacted S. Barbara police for a welfare check a couple weeks before. His SON paid a price for his denial of responsibilities, this "dad" should also...

The suspect's father was not the one who made those statements. It was one of the father of one of the victims.

I really apologize for mixing that up.. Must have been multi-tasking. So apologies to the Martinez dad. But the issue here is gonna be where and how this monster was raised. I'm pretty sure of that.

Good thing is --- he was more accurate with his car and whatever handy assault knives were available, than he was with the 30 or 40 shots fired..

Father of victim: 'Too many have died' - CNN.com Video

Is this how it is going to be for now on...every time a nutcase shoots someone, is it really going to be the fault of the NRA and GOP? I don't get it. Is blaming everyone else but the culprit an excuse...is it simply political? What is the rationale or motivation to place the blame on everyone else but the person responsible?

its an election year. what else are the democrats going to hand their hat on? jobs? the economy? Obamacare?

I don't know why the father would blame conservatives, the kid clearly has a liberal mindset.

Surely the father would have enough decency and reverence for his own son not to make politics out of his death. Surely he would have enough respect to not turn the deaths of the other victims into a political point. Guess not. He has reduced his own dead son to a pawn in the gun control debate. What kind of father does that?

Last edited:

Is this how it is going to be for now on...every time a nutcase shoots someone, is it really going to be the fault of the NRA and GOP? I don't get it. Is blaming everyone else but the culprit an excuse...is it simply political? What is the rationale or motivation to place the blame on everyone else but the person responsible?

Yes, it is their fault. And will continue to be until guns are taken out of the hands of mass murderers.

Agreed and Progressives are always history's greatest ass murderers

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

So we gotta outlaw tortured minds!

Problem with that is it's so much like Comrade Stalin did. Could we trust Comrade Obama not to write His own definition of "tortured"?

California does just that

-------------

Wearing bulletproof vests and carrying 40-caliber Glock pistols, nine California (STOCA1) Justice Department agents assembled outside a ranch-style house in a suburb east of Los Angeles. They were looking for a gun owner who’d recently spent two days in a mental hospital.

They knocked on the door and asked to come in. About 45 minutes later, they came away peacefully with three firearms.

California Seizes Guns as Owners Lose Right to Keep Arms - Bloomberg

yet they didnt know anything about this kid

check out his manifesto

it is a 141 pages of twisted liberal logic

Elliot Rodger, Santa Barbara mass shooting suspect, "My Twisted World" manifesto

True, plus the NRA and responsible gun owners have been trying to get the medical profession to divulge pertinent information on their dangerous patients so they can't buy guns for many years.

The police knew all about it...there was video evidence the kid was unstable and plotting to kill...his guns were legally purchased, and California has universal background checks...and they were all registered to Rodgers.

And none of it did a damn bit of good.

One thing we can say for sure is that the police dropped the ball on this one big time.

How?

I don't know why the father would blame conservatives, the kid clearly has a liberal mindset.

Surely the father would have enough decency and reverence for his own son not to make politics out of his death. Surely he would have enough respect to not turn the deaths of the other victims into a political point. Guess not. He has reduced his own dead son to a pawn in the gun control debate. What kind of father does that?
Just like his son, he blames others for his problems

I blame the father of the punk himself for never having gotten the kid proper psychiatric care.

I wouldn't necessarily. The kid was seeing multiple therapists. I don't know if any of them were actually doctors, but there is a possibility that the parents tried the best they could to get the kid the right kind of treatment, they might have just been unsuccessful in achieving that for him.

Like I said, it is the pussification of America. Our kids have no sense of reality any more. We give them a trophy for coming in last place. We call failures success and we call success failures. We blame everything and everyone else for failure and enable a false sense of entitlement. We are not honest with our children, and when they face the reality of not being a success, they can't handle it. It just makes no sense.

Or could it be guns are easy to obtain?

Yes, it is their fault. And will continue to be until guns are taken out of the hands of mass murderers.

Agreed and Progressives are always history's greatest ass murderers

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

about the fastest way to take the gun out of the hand of a mass murder

is a 40 cal through the forehead

Problem with that is it's so much like Comrade Stalin did. Could we trust Comrade Obama not to write His own definition of "tortured"?

-------------

Wearing bulletproof vests and carrying 40-caliber Glock pistols, nine California (STOCA1) Justice Department agents assembled outside a ranch-style house in a suburb east of Los Angeles. They were looking for a gun owner who’d recently spent two days in a mental hospital.

They knocked on the door and asked to come in. About 45 minutes later, they came away peacefully with three firearms.

check out his manifesto

Elliot Rodger, Santa Barbara mass shooting suspect, "My Twisted World" manifesto

I only got to nine years old...by that point I already felt bad for the kid...but as he wrote it, I reckoned that may have been the objective, so I bookmarked it for a latter date.

Up to that point, the kid was pretty lucid, and not a half bad writer, especially for the Manifesto Genre.

Guns were even easier to obtain 30, 40, 50 years ago...what is the difference now that caused this epidemic in mass murders? Guns are NOT the core issue.

It didn't take him long. A good offense is the best defense especially when the mainstream media is on the same side. Look it up. The sad fact is that all the mass shootings in modern history were by left wing liberals, crazy people and left wing crazy liberals.

-------------

check out his manifesto

I only got to nine years old...by that point I already felt bad for the kid...but as he wrote it, I reckoned that may have been the objective, so I bookmarked it for a latter date.

Up to that point, the kid was pretty lucid, and not a half bad writer, especially for the Manifesto Genre.

i read the whole thing

i cant imagine him not being under a doctors care

i will have to check it out

as i am coming late into this incident

True, plus the NRA and responsible gun owners have been trying to get the medical profession to divulge pertinent information on their dangerous patients so they can't buy guns for many years.

The police knew all about it...there was video evidence the kid was unstable and plotting to kill...his guns were legally purchased, and California has universal background checks...and they were all registered to Rodgers.

And none of it did a damn bit of good.

One thing we can say for sure is that the police dropped the ball on this one big time.

I disagree.

Not the fault of the police, this.

The first responders in this lowlife's life were his parents — not the po-pos. And as has been said here already, not only did they not seek proper care for this disturbed child, they actually encouraged the kid's lunacy.

Cops couldn't do anything about that. Nope.

This is California, where all those things gun-grabbers claimed would counter these mass shooting are already the law of the land.

Universal Background Checks of ALL gun purchases including private sales.

10 day waiting period.

Mandatory gun registration.

AND maximum 10 round magazines.

Among others:

Attachments

• $20130130_052638_newbackgroundgraphic.JPG
    $20130130_052638_newbackgroundgraphic.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 53

its an election year. what else are the democrats going to hand their hat on? jobs? the economy? Obamacare?

1. There are no jobs because corporate America who supports Republicans is holding the middle class hostage because they want their subsidies back.

2. The economy isn't improving for the middle class because there aren't enough jobs. (see no.1)

3. ACA is necessary because of healthcare insurance companies deregulation by a Republican.

4. I made $25.6M last year and paid $0.00 in personal income tax because my life is subsidized through a Nevada corporation trust which paid 4% income tax. Republicans made rule changes which allows me to do that.

5. Mass shootings by people using high powered large magazine weapons are becoming common place, but efforts to stop selling such weapons and components are being fought by Republicans.

There you have it! You welcome.

This is California, where all those things gun-grabbers claimed would counter these mass shooting are already the law of the land.

Universal Background Checks of ALL gun purchases including private sales.

10 day waiting period.

Mandatory gun registration.

AND maximum 10 round magazines.

Among others:

So it appears we need to go further.

Forum List

Back