Father of CA Mass Shooting Victim Blames NRA and Republicans

His parents warned the police prior to this. They questioned him several times and ruled he was no threat to anyone.

I don't think that means the cops dropped the ball. Are you proposing that if someone reports a gun owner to police, that the police should abridge their right to own a gun? Slippery slope...next thing you know, if you hold a certain political ideology...you can't own a gun.

They could, and should, have placed him on a 72 hour hold to really check him out. They didn't.

If they did that then what happens after he gets out and does it anyway? Besides how many nutcases are pointed out that never do anything? No one can read a persons mind.

Gun control doesn't completely work. It can only limit people doing these types of things. I can go back to the city I grew up in and get an assault rifle with no problem from some of my childhood friends. Criminals don't obey the law. Thats why they are criminals.

Then why did it work in Australia? The Asian countries? Great Britain?

His parents warned the police prior to this. They questioned him several times and ruled he was no threat to anyone.

How would they know for sure if he was a threat or not?

By reading some of his internet posts for one.

Have you read other peoples internet posts? There are millions of loons out there. How would they know this particular person was the one?

1. There are no jobs because corporate America who supports Republicans is holding the middle class hostage because they want their subsidies back.

2. The economy isn't improving for the middle class because there aren't enough jobs. (see no.1)

3. ACA is necessary because of healthcare insurance companies deregulation by a Republican.

4. I made $25.6M last year and paid $0.00 in personal income tax because my life is subsidized through a Nevada corporation trust which paid 4% income tax. Republicans made rule changes which allows me to do that.

5. Mass shootings by people using high powered large magazine weapons are becoming common place, but efforts to stop selling such weapons and components are being fought by Republicans.

There you have it! You welcome.

The last time you lied about your "income" you claimed 26.5 mil. didn't you? Either way you're still lying! And the asshole involved, killed just as many people with a knife. You can outlaw any damned thing you wish and people like this will still murder. It's what they do.

And funnily enough...it's rich people who are pushing gun control. I wonder why? Maybe they have figured out that to REALLY fuck over the citizens of this country they must first be disarmed. Otherwise the theft might...just might result in the death of those rich people who have been screwing over the peasantry for so long.

Ever notice that? Gun control is the ultimate in class warfare. Disarm the peasants and that allows you to turn them into slaves..... Which IS the ultimate goal of the super rich.

Guns in the hands of the citizen, is the ONLY thing that prevents that. That's why progressive assholes like OP want people disarmed. Then the mass murder on an epic scale can truly begin...

Thanks for noticing my million off. I feel richer now.

He killed 7 and wounded 7 with a knife?

Guess what......you're ALREADY a slave......to the Republican party and the gun lobby.

:lol::lol::lol: No, no I'm not. Unlike you I have all the guns I need and I own my own property outright. Well, except for my property taxes...those I have to pay or the real owners (the government) will evict me. Funny that, the government actually owns ALL THE LAND IN THE COUNTRY.

We merely think we do. Thanks to progressives like OP here, the wool has been pulled over the eyes of the people. Those truly are slaves. People like me though... we know how the game is played.....that sets us free.

Gun control doesn't completely work. It can only limit people doing these types of things. I can go back to the city I grew up in and get an assault rifle with no problem from some of my childhood friends. Criminals don't obey the law. Thats why they are criminals.

Who told you it worked? Are you saying people dont shoot others in those countries?

Guns were even easier to obtain 30, 40, 50 years ago...what is the difference now that caused this epidemic in mass murders? Guns are NOT the core issue.

Wasn't it 30 years ago the beginning of the end of the middle class? Suckers voted for Ronald Reagan.....

The middle class could afford to buy a home during Reagans terms. How about under Carter when the interest rate was 17%? You are so completely full of shit I am amazed you can see.

Read on minion

The economic legacy of Gerald Ford - Dec. 27, 2006

You do know that Reagen raised taxes on the middle class eleven time.

Or could it be guns are easy to obtain?

This is California, where all those things gun-grabbers claimed would counter these mass shooting are already the law of the land.

Universal Background Checks of ALL gun purchases including private sales.

10 day waiting period.

Mandatory gun registration.

AND maximum 10 round magazines.

Among others:

So it appears we need to go further.

For example?

I don't think that means the cops dropped the ball. Are you proposing that if someone reports a gun owner to police, that the police should abridge their right to own a gun? Slippery slope...next thing you know, if you hold a certain political ideology...you can't own a gun.

Apparently this man showed all the signs of somebody that could be a threat to society. The cops did investigate the matter thoroughly enough.

They could, and should, have placed him on a 72 hour hold to really check him out. They didn't.

Which probably means they didn't have cause to place him on a 72 hour hold.

Have you read other peoples internet posts? There are millions of loons out there. How would they know this particular person was the one?

The warning his parents gave would have been one hell of a flag don't you think? A 72 hour hold with a thorough psychological workup would have given them a lot more info.
Why didn't they do that?

So the cops are supposed to have a crystal ball?

Are you a moron? The parents were worried enough something bad was going to happen that they called the police. The police investigated and came up with a conclusion after being warned. Guess what? They were wrong in their judgement.

How do you know? Were you there?

The warning his parents gave would have been one hell of a flag don't you think? A 72 hour hold with a thorough psychological workup would have given them a lot more info.
Why didn't they do that?

Do you mean the parents or the police? How would they know after 1 o r 3 sessions if he didnt let anything slip?

Which probably means they didn't have cause to place him on a 72 hour hold.

Sure they did. Exigent circumstances and all of that. There are going to be some HUGE lawsuits filed over this and right now the fires are burning all the evidence they can find....

Why didn't they do that?

Do you mean the parents or the police?

The police.

So the cops are supposed to have a crystal ball?

Are you a moron? The parents were worried enough something bad was going to happen that they called the police. The police investigated and came up with a conclusion after being warned. Guess what? They were wrong in their judgement.

Hindsight is 20/20. What evidence did the cops have that he was going to kill people?

In a disturbing twist to the case, Shifman revealed Rodger's parents contacted authorities several weeks ago after seeing a series of YouTube videos their son posted which made references to suicide and murder.

Those clips, notably one titled Retribution, have been played repeatedly during television news coverage.

In it, a young man who identifies himself as Rodger says he plans to take revenge against humanity as retribution for his loneliness and because "girls have never been attracted to me".

Earlier video diary entries follow a similar theme, often touching on his loneliness and frustration. Shifman acknowledged that the 22-year-old had trouble making friends.

According to Shifman, Rodgers was interviewed by police after his parents flagged their concern but police told the family he was a "perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human".

It did? :lol::lol::lol: Better take a look at the violent crime rates in those countries pal...

Why didn't they do that?

Do you mean the parents or the police?

The police.

I dont think the cops are really qualified to determine anything after a session with someone that is mentally ill. Sometimes the therapists of these people are shocked when someone snaps.

Let me see. The parents thought he was a threat, he exhibited anti social behavior, was dealing with a mental illness and he was posting threats. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the cops didn't do a good job of connecting the dots.

Forum List

Back