Father of CA Mass Shooting Victim Blames NRA and Republicans

How about you blame the people who allowed him to access a gun in the first place?
And those people who allowed him to access that knife too

How about the fact he had a mental illness and shouldn't have been allowed near a gun in the first place? What about the rights of the students to live?
Does it really matter how someone kills another person?

Fact is if someone really want to kill people they will find a way.

Yes but you take away the weapon that is specifically designed to kill, making it a lot harder to kill on such a large scale.

Yes but you take away the weapon that is specifically designed to kill, making it a lot harder to kill on such a large scale.
He could have made a bomb or poison a bunch of people, he killed just as many with a knife as he did with a gun, and those that died by the knife I'm sure suffered more then those that died by a gun.

Point is guns ain't going away, and I could post many story's of guns saving lives.

If someone wants to kill some one they will find a way

He also killed someone with his car, and way more people die from cars than guns

Father of victim: 'Too many have died' - CNN.com Video

Is this how it is going to be for now on...every time a nutcase shoots someone, is it really going to be the fault of the NRA and GOP? I don't get it. Is blaming everyone else but the culprit an excuse...is it simply political? What is the rationale or motivation to place the blame on everyone else but the person responsible?
Father of victim: 'Too many have died' - CNN.com Video

Yes, it is their fault. And will continue to be until guns are taken out of the hands of mass murderers.

But it's OK if they mass murder with HIV.

I don't know why the father would blame conservatives, the kid clearly has a liberal mindset.

Surely the father would have enough decency and reverence for his own son not to make politics out of his death. Surely he would have enough respect to not turn the deaths of the other victims into a political point. Guess not. He has reduced his own dead son to a pawn in the gun control debate. What kind of father does that?

One who wonders why his son died because you have an NRA that is happy to sell guns to crazy people.

the proximate cause of at least some of this tragedy is that a mentally ill person was able to walk into a gun store and say, "yup, load me up!"

Gun control doesn't completely work. It can only limit people doing these types of things. I can go back to the city I grew up in and get an assault rifle with no problem from some of my childhood friends. Criminals don't obey the law. Thats why they are criminals.

Then why did it work in Australia? The Asian countries? Great Britain?

Who told you it worked? Are you saying people dont shoot others in those countries?

Not nearly as many as shoot people here. that's the point.

We have 11,101 gun murders in this country in 2012. Most other countries had numbers in the low hundreds. the UK had 48 and Japan had 11.

Forum List

Back