Father wishes to marry his adopted son

Although, OTOH, I don't see why they couldn't just make a living will with each other being the POA and beneficiaries of any "estate" if they so wish. Maybe it was also to receive tax benefits.

Really, since children were not involved, I don't see a need to be so upset about it. I do wonder what type of "precedence" something like this sets for future cases though. People should not be able to "adopt" another adult for benefits.

It makes prosecuting others more difficult.

How so?

Incest is a serious crime, refusing to prosecute one set, because they are gay presents a defense to other offenders. Why me, and not them?

Well, I don't think it's considered "incest" unless it is a blood relative. Even with stepfathers who abuse their stepdaughters, it isn't really considered incest, just sex abuse.

Also, I don't see how it presents any kind of "defense" as those involved in this particular situation are both well into adulthood. No children were involved. Whenever a child is involved, it is still a crime under out pedophilia laws.

Although, OTOH, I don't see why they couldn't just make a living will with each other being the POA and beneficiaries of any "estate" if they so wish. Maybe it was also to receive tax benefits.

Really, since children were not involved, I don't see a need to be so upset about it. I do wonder what type of "precedence" something like this sets for future cases though. People should not be able to "adopt" another adult for benefits.

How so?

Incest is a serious crime, refusing to prosecute one set, because they are gay presents a defense to other offenders. Why me, and not them?

Well, I don't think it's considered "incest" unless it is a blood relative. Even with stepfathers who abuse their stepdaughters, it isn't really considered incest, just sex abuse.

Also, I don't see how it presents any kind of "defense" as those involved in this particular situation are both well into adulthood. No children were involved. Whenever a child is involved, it is still a crime under out pedophilia laws.

You better check you're state laws. Steps and adoption is called "affinity". Most are prohibited by law and considered incestuous.

But, this could also just be a creative way around Bigamy and Polygamy laws. Want a second wife, and the law prohibits it, just adopt the second wife?

When you allow a law to be abused, and refuse to prosecute, you open it to all kinds of creative abuse. And the State has no way to stop it.

Equal prosecution is one of the hallmarks of our judicial system.

What seems cute and excusable can become insidious

Depends, I didn't read the article but perhaps this is a ploy to get benefits. Maybe the son is over 26 and needs health care and such. Which is interesting considering that to get health care for most states the couple didn't need to be married, common law.

But in the case of a Father and Son at 26 the Son would be cut off.....why? If marriage is now just a financial situation then it makes sense for the Father and Son to marry to allow for more benefits, supposedly, for the Son.
Still makes it creepy and wacko-ism. Or should I say WoodyAllenism?

Yuck.

There is no requirement that sex is involved if that is what is creeping you out. The SCOTUS made law and that law makes marriage a financial situation, nothing more nothing less.

You are correct, there are actually several states that, because of Supreme Court rulings, appear to allow same sex family members to marry. Odd though, affinity marriage (step, in law and adoptive) are not.

Also correct, no marriage law in the United States requires sex as a requirement to marry.

Used to be, and I bet still is, to get a marriage annulled it had to not be consummated. Used to be consummating a marriage was a big deal, not no more.
Hey Luddy, is this true?

tyroneweaver

You're SO creepy.

Why would you ask me this?

You make my skin crawl. Get away from me.

:puke:

How so?

Where is the incest in this case?

Be specific.

How so?

You better check you're state laws. Steps and adoption is called "affinity". Most are prohibited by law and considered incestuous.

But, this could also just be a creative way around Bigamy and Polygamy laws. Want a second wife, and the law prohibits it, just adopt the second wife?

When you allow a law to be abused, and refuse to prosecute, you open it to all kinds of creative abuse. And the State has no way to stop it.

What a bunch of babbling bullshit that explains absolutely nothing whatsoever. CHILD abuse is still illegal.

Why do you think "laws" are going to stop incest? If people are committing incest, it is because they are SICK, and no laws are going to stop that. Do you think that suddenly people are going to be like, "hey, what a great idea!" or do you think that the sickos who do practice incest are already doing that shit?

How so?

Be specific.

There is no incest in this case. Just Pops trying to be clever. He has tried this angle, that angle and every angle because he hates homosexuals.

How so?

Be specific.

You want video, or will testimony be enough?

Of course, the act of seeking a marriage license would likely be probable cause of a crime.

How so?

What a bunch of babbling bullshit that explains absolutely nothing whatsoever. CHILD abuse is still illegal.

Why do you think "laws" are going to stop incest? If people are committing incest, it is because they are SICK, and no laws are going to stop that. Do you think that suddenly people are going to be like, "hey, what a great idea!" or do you think that the sickos who do practice incest are already doing that shit?

They most likely commited the legal qualification for incest

Last edited:

How so?

Be specific.

There is no incest in this case. Just Pops trying to be clever. He has tried this angle, that angle and every angle because he hates homosexuals.

No hatred, just a love of Justice.

You accept fraud, that's on you.

How about an actual arguement instead of emotional garbage. You like equal rights? This is equal rights.

How so?

Be specific.

How about an actual arguement instead of emotional garbage. You like equal rights? This is equal rights.

Your arguments suck. :D We have been through all of this already and I schooled you then. Since child abuse is illegal, your reasoning does not make any sense.

How so?

Be specific.

Hey, I don't disagree with the fact that the guy should not have been able to "adopt" the other guy. They should have been able to be married if they so wished. Freedom of pursuit of happiness includes marrying the person (who is an adult and able to consent) YOU want to marry. That is equal rights to me. Why should it matter to some gay couple of you don't approve of their union? Why is it any of your business at all?

Why don't you try being honest and approaching this from your actual stance. I'm sure you aren't all THAT concerned about incest. :rolleyes-41:

Be specific.

Your arguments suck. :D We have been through all of this already and I schooled you then. Since child abuse is illegal, your reasoning does not make any sense.

§ 4302. Incest.
A person is guilty of incest, a felony of the second degree,
if that person knowingly marries or cohabits or has sexual
intercourse with an ancestor or descendant, a brother or sister
of the whole or half blood or an uncle, aunt, nephew or niece of
the whole blood. The relationships referred to in this section
include blood relationships without regard to legitimacy, and
relationship of parent and child by adoption.

One is the parent, the other the child.

Schooled?

Check out Hawaii's

They best not take a tropical vacation Dear.

Be specific.

Hey, I don't disagree with the fact that the guy should not have been able to "adopt" the other guy. They should have been able to be married if they so wished. Freedom of pursuit of happiness includes marrying the person (who is an adult and able to consent) YOU want to marry. That is equal rights to me. Why should it matter to some gay couple of you don't approve of their union? Why is it any of your business at all?

Why don't you try being honest and approaching this from your actual stance. I'm sure you aren't all THAT concerned about incest. :rolleyes-41:

And a married couple can adopt a second women as the mans second wife?

Be specific.

§ 4302. Incest.
A person is guilty of incest, a felony of the second degree,
if that person knowingly marries or cohabits or has sexual
intercourse with an ancestor or descendant, a brother or sister
of the whole or half blood or an uncle, aunt, nephew or niece of
the whole blood. The relationships referred to in this section
include blood relationships without regard to legitimacy, and
relationship of parent and child by adoption.

One is the parent, the other the child.

Schooled?

Check out Hawaii's

They best not take a tropical vacation Dear.

Obviously, in this case, there was no parent and no child situation going on. Don't be silly. Now, how he was able to legally adopt another adult is different story entirely. That should not be the case. If a person is unable to make their decisions because that person is elderly or has a disability, then we have guardianship and even court appointed guardianship for those cases where people can petition the court for guardianship. It makes no sense to me why a person is legally able to adopt another adult.

Be specific.

And a married couple can adopt a second women as the mans second wife?

Why should I care? If all are in agreement with the situation and they are all consenting adults, I really don't care. Why do you? The people who want to do these things are more than likely already living together under these arrangements anyways. Why are so opposed to adults making their own decisions about their own personal relationships? Now THAT is more curious to me. :)

Forum List

Back