Favorite Mini Vacations..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I'm a firm believer in mini vacations, the kind you go away for a day or so to clear your mind and I'd say a refreshment of mind and soul.

This weekend my wife, daughter and I took a drive to the Northern California beach then spent another night in the old growth redwoods with a skunk train trip thrown in for the heck of it.

Just wondering if ya'll had a favorite mini vacation to relate.

I'm a firm believer in mini vacations, the kind you go away for a day or so to clear your mind and I'd say a refreshment of mind and soul.

This weekend my wife, daughter and I took a drive to the Northern California beach then spent another night in the old growth redwoods with a skunk train trip thrown in for the heck of it.

I know just where you are speaking of, Lumpy 1, as I used to go there all the time, when living in Northern California. Really had fun on that train and loved the Russian River and Bodega Bay too. :thup: Glad you all got away. What a difference in perspective time away, can bring to one's reality.

We camped out in the old growth redwoods, next to a shallow river. That was a night to remember for many reasons...;) Awakening to those trees and the sun streaming through them onto our faces was almost a surreal experience. What a great memory.

Where I live now, that would be the happiest place on earth...Disney World.:banana:

When I was living in North Raleigh, it was weekends at Carolina Beach.:thup:

I find myself always drawn to the beach and forests and we just have to go to Disneyland once every 2 years.

I need to take another trip up to Cambria...where the Pines Meet The Sea. I can spend hours there just looking at rocks I want to bring home. Been a long time since I have done that.

We used to take off for an overnight or two, but the past 2 years have been devoted to visiting the kid at school. At least we got ourselves a little pop-up camper to use when the parks are open.

I remember some years ago packing up and jumping in the car (in a pouring rain)... only forgot one thing- we didn't have a clue where we were going LOL. So we just took off and made it up as we went. It was a hoot.

I know just where you are speaking of, Lumpy 1, as I used to go there all the time, when living in Northern California. Really had fun on that train and loved the Russian River and Bodega Bay too. :thup: Glad you all got away. What a difference in perspective time away, can bring to one's reality.

We camped out in the old growth redwoods, next to a shallow river. That was a night to remember for many reasons...;) Awakening to those trees and the sun streaming through them onto our faces was almost a surreal experience. What a great memory.

We were up in the Fort Bragg area then north of Garberville in the Avenue of The Giants.

I've spent many a night and day around Bodega Bay and yup what nature provides is truly awesome. California is a beautiful state but alas has an abundance of odd people.

Lumpy 1 seems so formal for some reason...:eusa_think:

Sharks (NHL) playing, I must watch but I will be on later... hugs or a handshake, my friends...:eusa_angel:

We were up in the Fort Bragg area then north of Garberville in the Avenue of The Giants.

I've spent many a night and day around Bodega Bay and yup what nature provides is truly awesome. California is a beautiful state but alas has an abundance of odd people.

Lumpy 1 seems so formal for some reason...:eusa_think:

Yeah, everybody's stoned around those parts. :lol: The College of the Redwoods?? :omg:

same here. we have a shore house we go to once a month in the winter and every other weekend in the summer. its a great break

J'adore a good mini vacation. Favorite spots: Mendocino, Bodega Bay, Carmel, and the Gold Country.

I'm looking for a bit of ranch property, too. It feels like a good time to get a country place.

Last edited:
I'm rather spoilt for choice, what with being within two hours of Europe's capitals and cultural centres. Rome, Venice and Prague are our favourites. Although from experience, European destinations have a lot more scam artists than those in N. America.

I have a camp (single-wide trailer and boat dock) on Toledo Bend ... Always great to get out and head to the lake.
Also had the luck to get in some vacation time on my recent business trip ... Nothing better than turning business into a vacation.
I don't know about most folks ... But I get more work done during business hours when I spend my time off outside the rat race.

Work Hard ... Then Play Hard!

We drove to Indiana to attend a wedding. The center of the town we visited had antique stores.

Then we drove up through Michigan to Canada to visit the Niagara Falls. It was interesting.

Forum List

Back