FBI Director Comey: "Shocking" spike in violence; Blames less aggressive cops; Report pending...

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
F.B.I. Director Says ‘Viral Video Effect’ Blunts Police Work

FBI Director Comey has met privately with police chiefs and sheriffs from across the nation, and says a report on the surge of violence in America in 2016 may be released soon....but says it is a shocking increase, and that a huge problem is unfolding.

He blames less aggressive policing. He says cops aren't doing the extra, proactive policing that prevents crime. They've become....in my own words...."radio slaves"....you other current or former cops know exactly what that means. You find a secluded place to hide with some coffee...and do ONLY what the dispatcher on the radio tells you to. Nothing more.

Mr. Comey blames the viral video culture. I'd add in the simple lying culture of people making shit up to smear a cop. Add in the media spin bias. Newspapers are dying and Internet is hurting all media.....so.....they need "click bait" stories. They've sold their souls. My LOCAL media runs EVERY police story in America and leaves the home city out of the headline to get readers to click on it thinking a local cop was involved.....just to find out it was some cop in Maine or Idaho....not South Carolina.

Cops have said fuck it. For decades we've heard the joke about what if cops all quit or just stopped showing up. Well.....we're seeing it. It's human nature. Most make mediocre salaries. Have little to no investments. And in ONE MOMENT of a 1 second decision under intents stress.....they can become the #1 most viewed story in America and infamous forever....and broke, unemployed and unemployable.

They aren't gonna risk it. Can't blame em.

Have fun America. When your car gets stolen or house is burglarized or a family member is shot or other bad shit happens.............be sure to thank a liberal journalist and of course the little crowd of douche bags shoving their cell phone cameras in everyone's face.

It's happening in my city too. Police have vanished. The worst part is the drivers. No cops....everyone thinks they are in a NASCAR demolition derby, drunks all over. Sucks.

There's no unicorn land folks. There's is crime and chaos .....or.....there is cops being aggressive and sometimes being dick heads to violent criminals but crime rates drop.

There's only 2 realities. We have seen this proven in policing....all over the world throughout history.

Unicorn land doesn't exist.

there is cops being aggressive and sometimes being dick heads to violent criminals
Is there no way to take the "dick head" out of the equation?
I agree with you 100% that cops are getting the shitty end of the deal, here, with media treatment. BLM either has poor spokesmen or they're stupid to use such poor examples as their banner children. Those things are obvious. HOWEVER, cops need to challenge themselves to keeping an open, fair mind. That's tough in some neighborhoods where the majority of people and hence criminals are black; I get that. But cops need to take seriously that they need to be fair. That doesn't mean sitting in the car responding only to radio calls. It means taking a proactive interest in the safety of the neighborhood they serve.
It's a really tough question and a really hard place for cops to be right now.

there is cops being aggressive and sometimes being dick heads to violent criminals
I agree with you 100% that cops are getting the shitty end of the deal, here, with media treatment. BLM either has poor spokesmen or they're stupid to use such poor examples as their banner children. Those things are obvious. HOWEVER, cops need to challenge themselves to keeping an open, fair mind. That's tough in some neighborhoods where the majority of people and hence criminals are black; I get that. But cops need to take seriously that they need to be fair. That doesn't mean sitting in the car responding only to radio calls. It means taking a proactive interest in the safety of the neighborhood they serve.

I wish there was but no. You have 1,000,000 cops out there working a collective 2.6 billion hours of work per year.....many in violent areas dealing with people who lawless and uncontrollable.

It's simply inevitable that doing that day after day....for years upon years.....some cops will become rude and have shitty attitudes at times. You ever had a bad day at work?? So do they. But they get filmed and put on YouTube.

Not most. But it's just a reality that we may have to accept some dickheadedness occasionally if we want our streets to be safe.

Andy Griffith can't work America's roughest streets. It just doesn't work.

I wish there was but no. You have 1,000,000 cops out there working a collective 2.6 billion hours of work per year.....many in violent areas dealing with people who lawless and uncontrollable.

It's simply inevitable that doing that day after day....for years upon years.....some cops will become rude and have shitty attitudes at times. You ever had a bad day at work?? So do they. But they get filmed and put on YouTube.

Not most. But it's just a reality that we may have to accept some dickheadedness occasionally if we want our streets to be safe.

My son works at a maximum-maximum prison in New York. He got a real bad attitude toward these guys, predominantly black, who were throwing shit at him and generally being dangerous assholes day after day. He eventually came back to his senses, but I do realize how hard it is and how it happens.
Yes, in a force of one million, there will be some bad apples. That we agree on; I just don't think we have to accept it as okay and inevitable. We all have to face some personal challenges now and then or get a different job. Working with bad guys is hard work. It's always a shame when the damned government has to stick its nose in and really mess things up, but for the individual police forces where the culture is so biased, it probably wouldn't improve any other way.

My son works at a maximum-maximum prison in New York. He got a real bad attitude toward these guys, predominantly black, who were throwing shit at him and generally being dangerous assholes day after day. He eventually came back to his senses, but I do realize how hard it is and how it happens.
Yes, in a force of one million, there will be some bad apples. That we agree on; I just don't think we have to accept it as okay and inevitable. We all have to face some personal challenges now and then or get a different job. Working with bad guys is hard work. It's always a shame when the damned government has to stick its nose in and really mess things up, but for the individual police forces where the culture is so biased, it probably wouldn't improve any other way.

We don't have to accept that it's "okay" because obviously we'd prefer that it not be that way. But I disagree with the other part....we DO have to accept that it's inevitable. We can't deny or change human nature.

We just need....let's say....a scale of outrage. A cop calls someone a "fucking moron" and yells at them for acting stupid?? These days he's on YouTube and people are calling for him to lose his career. I say....meh....tell him to take a weekend off...chill out...and come on back.

A cop chases down a violent thug who just endangered many lives and has a career of violence towards innocents...cop catches him....and throws a few "fuck you shithead" punches in there...probably not necessary?? These days he's immediately on YouTube, calls for him to be fired...and probably arrested himself.

I say....meh....adrenaline, frustration with the system, etc....suspend him for a day. Next time....a month...make it hurt his paycheck badly. Third strike....yeah...time to get a new job.

But how it is now....ONE slip up is the end of your career.

Forum List

Back