FDA orders ban on all trans fat

Check your reading comprehension skills, dumbass.
if you were at least a 4th grade reader,i would not have to dumb this down for you..... my question was about heart disease not fats...does that clear it up better for you? ..now lets see you answer the question i asked.....otherwise i am going to think dean was right about some of you righties...please dont make that happen......
That's hilarious. Do you even know how many errors are in your post? You couldn't pass a 2nd grade English test.
why dont you tell me....but first answer that real tough question you dont want to answer....
Are you still so fucking ignorant that you think an unsupported assertion followed by a misplaced question mark constitutes a question?
quit your fucking dancing....either answer the fucking question or go back to your goats...here let me ask it again,this time i will go slow for you.....are....you.....saying....that....heart....disease ....is....not....the....number....one....cause....of...death.....in...this...Country?...i cant dumb it down anymore mohound....
Check your reading comprehension skills.

You can't even write a complete and grammatically correct sentence.

if you were at least a 4th grade reader,i would not have to dumb this down for you..... my question was about heart disease not fats...does that clear it up better for you? ..now lets see you answer the question i asked.....otherwise i am going to think dean was right about some of you righties...please dont make that happen......
That's hilarious. Do you even know how many errors are in your post? You couldn't pass a 2nd grade English test.
why dont you tell me....but first answer that real tough question you dont want to answer....
Are you still so fucking ignorant that you think an unsupported assertion followed by a misplaced question mark constitutes a question?
quit your fucking dancing....either answer the fucking question or go back to your goats...here let me ask it again,this time i will go slow for you.....are....you.....saying....that....heart....disease ....is....not....the....number....one....cause....of...death.....in...this...Country?...i cant dumb it down anymore mohound....
Check your reading comprehension skills.

You can't even write a complete and grammatically correct sentence.
yeah Liffy. You posting from class kiddo? Why you even here n00b?

Practically everything in my kitchen has transfat. I don't need to study this shit religiously to know this could be a big thing. It's called intuition.

The fact that this is an issue for a federal level government agency is quite frankly ludicrous.

I disagree.

When the federal government is paying for so much of what so many eat, the federal government certainly ought be concerned about what it is those people are eating.

And that is PRECISELY why we need to dismantle Big Government.

It's nobody's busy body business what anyone else eats. Huge transfer payment systems are just Trojan Horses to destroy Liberty and Privacy.
If children are out eating this food without supervision, it is the government's business. Children need to be protected.

Really? For children to learn how to grow up into adults, they need to learn how to eat for themselves. That includes making good choices.

The role of Government IS NOT to be an All-Pervasive Helicopter Parent.
If you look at childhood obesity. learning to eat for themselves is a failure, and they need protection that their parents are not giving them.

It isn't that hard to figure out: aside from physical activity, which is a minor player, the obesity epidemic is caused by two dietary-source factors; one is the eater's own food choices, which is obvious. The consumer, just as obviously, makes his or her own choices there. That's not in question.

The other is the poisoned (we mean "poisoned" in a broad sense including fattening) public food sources that have become to such degree adulterated, even in innocuous healthy-sounding food choices and even in where such adulteration doesn't show up in a food label such as wheat (and all the unlikely places it shows up as an ingredient right down to soy sauce), which in concert have been either creating or triggering that extra fat. That is not something we have a choice about, unless we're entirely self-sufficient, living off our own farm, livestock, fishing, hunting and gathering.

Two hundred years ago that lifestyle would have been in the reach of a lot of us. In the contemporary urbanized/industrialized consumer economy ---- it's theoretically possible only for a radical few. One of the prices of "progress" --- and there are always prices -- is increased dependence on an institutionally industrial food supply where food becomes a commodity. As such, like any commodity, it will inevitably be subject to whatever shortcuts, adulterations, questionable insertions, botanical modifications, meat-packing tricks, etc that will effect the goal of any industrial venture, which is not feeding the public, but profit. Which in turn creates the need for a watchdog to ensure that those shortcuts, adulterations, etc, that lead to that profit are not poisoning the public in the process.

Hence the FDA was founded (by Republicans btw) to be that watchdog. And the job it does in practice is already minimal. Public health is not, and cannot be, an individual choice. We're not talking what color you're allowed to make automobile tires or what shape you can make an iPhone-- this is people's lives.

To be robotically opposed to FDA doing the minimal job it barely does on behalf of public health is the equivalent of walking through the streets crowing "People! Turn off your taps and drink from the sewer! Make your own choices!"

I'm reminded of half a century ago when the John Birchers were wailing about fluoridation in the water being a communist plot to control the population. Seriously, that really happened. Insane as that sounds, standing up for the poor beleaguered trans fat (hollowed by its Holy Name) is even stupider.

Last edited:
The fact that this is an issue for a federal level government agency is quite frankly ludicrous.

I disagree.

When the federal government is paying for so much of what so many eat, the federal government certainly ought be concerned about what it is those people are eating.

It's nobody's busy body business what anyone else eats. Huge transfer payment systems are just Trojan Horses to destroy Liberty and Privacy.
If children are out eating this food without supervision, it is the government's business. Children need to be protected.

Really? For children to learn how to grow up into adults, they need to learn how to eat for themselves. That includes making good choices.

If you look at childhood obesity. learning to eat for themselves is a failure, and they need protection that their parents are not giving them.

They AREN"T left alone. Kids today are helicoptered. Parents who Free Range their kids are arrested for child abuse.

It's not a coincidence that as kids have been overly supervised, they have turned into little porkers.

When I was a kid, we played outside most of the time, riding bikes, swimming, skating, walking quite far away from home. Yes, we bought the occasional candy bar at the market UNSUPERVISED. But I can recall only one fat kid in my grade school.

ummm..... no we don't like paying through the nose for stupid people that need healthcare because they demand FREEDUMB to eat synthesized junk that is proven to be bad for them Sugar Tits boedicca :thup:

You're just proving my point. The reason you are paying for their health care is because of your attitude that everyone should have the same health care.

Government IS NOT Mommy and Daddy. The fact that you want it to be shows that you have Never Grown Up into a responsible, independent individual.

What, exactly, does this FDA ruling have to do with government subsidized healthcare?

You're reading comprehension and logic are clearly non-existent.

Your COMRADES in this thread are justifying the FDA micromanaging our diets with the reasoning that because their taxes pay for the healthcare of others, that other people's diets should be managed by the government.

Has nothing to do with micromanaging anything, Bo. It's simply the FDA doing the job We the People created it to do, and has been doing for a lot longer than any of us have been alive. It's why none of us are dead from poisoned meats or crippled from unsafe drugs. It's why you can apply cosmetics and know in advance that they're not going to melt your face off. It's there to play the role of guardian on our behalf. Read it on the ingredient label?? If it weren't for FDA we wouldn't have ANY ingredient labels. And every civilization that's ever had a public food supply has done the same thing. This kneejerk Randbotian pushback is completely irrational. All such irrationality does is slow down the process of food safety.

And for what??

And as Orogenic said, and he's exactly right, it's got nothing to do with consumers. There are no FDA restrictions on what you or I can eat; only what we can sell to somebody else. That's why we created the FDA in the first place. It's there to protect the buyer. That's you and me.

Diga me muchacha -- we've heard plenty about the downside of transfats ---- what's the upside? What possible earthly reason would you want 'em in there?
because she wants her randian freedumb to do whatever she wants including ingesting something called "transfats"

In her defense, rw media is leading her around

Another dense Dottie comment.

I want people to be free to make their own choices, including you.

You, on the other hand, want everyone to be turned into government serfs.

I disagree.

They AREN"T left alone. Kids today are helicoptered. Parents who Free Range their kids are arrested for child abuse.

It's not a coincidence that as kids have been overly supervised, they have turned into little porkers.

When I was a kid, we played outside most of the time, riding bikes, swimming, skating, walking quite far away from home. Yes, we bought the occasional candy bar at the market UNSUPERVISED. But I can recall only one fat kid in my grade school.

All true. But has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

All true that is except for this:

Yeah actually it pretty much is.

Only to the unthinking.

Only to the unthinking.

oooh, devastating comeback. My head swimmeth.

See the unthoughts above in 249.

I disagree.

We were put out after breakfast, told when lunch was, put out to play again, told when to be home, and the boundaries of our "free range" were defined by streets you could not cross.

We did not have many fatties then either; I don't recall ever having a fat friend.

We were put out after breakfast, told when lunch was, put out to play again, told when to be home, and the boundaries of our "free range" were defined by streets you could not cross.

We did not have many fatties then either; I don't recall ever having a fat friend.

Cum hoc fallacy. The food supply has changed enormously since you and I were a sprouts in the 14th century. Hell, it's changed enormously in the last 50 years.

Forum List

Back