FDA orders ban on all trans fat

These fools can't even decide if eggs are good or bad

The fact that this is an issue for a federal level government agency is quite frankly ludicrous.

I disagree.

When the federal government is paying for so much of what so many eat, the federal government certainly ought be concerned about what it is those people are eating.
ok let them worry about the govt food....not the stuff you can buy if you want.....
How about heroin. Should we be able to buy that if we want?
geezus NN you have been in enough drug threads with me to know my answer to that....and we are talking FOOD here,not drugs...

Are you illiterate?
apparently you cant answer a question......you said what the guy said was bullshit.....if it is lets see you prove it....because i can show you plenty of stuff saying Heart Disease is the no 1 cause of death in this Country...
Your reading comprehension problem is very severe.

Your conversation skills seem to be at the level of a four year old. Does your mommy know you are on her computer?
the fucker wont answer what i thought was a reasonable question to ask him....i wonder if it was too tough for him to answer...
scratchchin.gif
The answer is no. Obviously.
no?....so heart disease or Cardiovascular disease,is NOT the most common cause of death in this Country?....

apparently you cant answer a question......you said what the guy said was bullshit.....if it is lets see you prove it....because i can show you plenty of stuff saying Heart Disease is the no 1 cause of death in this Country...
Your reading comprehension problem is very severe.

Your conversation skills seem to be at the level of a four year old. Does your mommy know you are on her computer?
the fucker wont answer what i thought was a reasonable question to ask him....i wonder if it was too tough for him to answer...
scratchchin.gif
The answer is no. Obviously.
no?....so heart disease or Cardiovascular disease,is NOT the most common cause of death in this Country?....
Check your reading comprehension skills, dumbass.

These fools can't even decide if eggs are good or bad

The fact that this is an issue for a federal level government agency is quite frankly ludicrous.

I disagree.

When the federal government is paying for so much of what so many eat, the federal government certainly ought be concerned about what it is those people are eating.

And that is PRECISELY why we need to dismantle Big Government.

It's nobody's busy body business what anyone else eats. Huge transfer payment systems are just Trojan Horses to destroy Liberty and Privacy.
If children are out eating this food without supervision, it is the government's business. Children need to be protected.

Really? For children to learn how to grow up into adults, they need to learn how to eat for themselves. That includes making good choices.

The role of Government IS NOT to be an All-Pervasive Helicopter Parent.

Hey Randbots....

See this guy?
Victims-of-Thalidomide-Drugmaker-Apologizes-for-Birth-Defects1.jpg

His limbs are stunted because his mother took the drug Thalidomide.

He's in Wales. One of at least ten thousand children born around the world with birth deformities.

Know why none of you have that problem?

See this woman?​

220px-Kelsey_01.jpg

That's Frances Kelsey, receiving the President's Award for Distinguished Federal Service in 1962.

Why is she receiving that award?

Because Kelsey, with the FDA, made sure the agency did the fucking job we created it to do -- and put up a stop sign, thereby DENYING you the right to be born deformed.

All around the world, Thalidomide was prescribed, sold and produced deformed babies.
That is -- all over the world except here.

THAT is what FDA does, however minimally. It's the whole reason it exists. It's exactly why the Biologics Control Act was passed to ensure purity and safety of serums, vaccines, and similar products (1902); why the Food and Drugs Act regulating misbranded and adulterated foods, drinks and drugs was passed (1906, with the Meat Inspection Act passed the same day); why the GRAS list --which is the issue here-- was established in 1958.

Now your slavishly Randian efforts to champion the rights of Duh People to ingest salmonella and have babies without limbs is admirable in an ideologically obtuse way, but it's also god damned silly.

Frances Kelsey was presented the Kelsey Award, named after her, five years ago. She'll be 101 next month.

The least you Randbots could do is thank her for the fact that you have arms and legs.
Oh noes, that means you'd have to actually acknowledge Da EEBIL GUBMINT got it right. What a fuckin' nightmare.
bigstockphotohammerstri.jpg

I banned it from my diet a long time ago.
Problem solved then. Why have the nanny state do it for others?

Why? Because Leftwing Loons cannot handle a reality in which anyone thinks differently than they do.
ummm..... no we don't like paying through the nose for stupid people that need healthcare because they demand FREEDUMB to eat synthesized junk that is proven to be bad for them Sugar Tits boedicca :thup:

Why? Because Leftwing Loons cannot handle a reality in which anyone thinks differently than they do.
ummm..... no we don't like paying through the nose for stupid people that need healthcare because they demand FREEDUMB to eat synthesized junk that is proven to be bad for them Sugar Tits boedicca :thup:

You're just proving my point. The reason you are paying for their health care is because of your attitude that everyone should have the same health care.

Government IS NOT Mommy and Daddy. The fact that you want it to be shows that you have Never Grown Up into a responsible, independent individual.

The fact that you don't realize that your premiums go up to cover the optional increased costs of fat bastards who want FREEDUMB to eat transfats is not surprising

You're just proving my point. The reason you are paying for their health care is because of your attitude that everyone should have the same health care.

Government IS NOT Mommy and Daddy. The fact that you want it to be shows that you have Never Grown Up into a responsible, independent individual.

What, exactly, does this FDA ruling have to do with government subsidized healthcare?

Sugar is right. Lots of soda drinkers out there. And too much sugar in most processed foods. AND processed foods are bad for you. Too much salt, etc. etc. Where is the line here?

How about healthy people (like me) paying less like I do with auto insurance with my clean driving record?

What, exactly, does this FDA ruling have to do with government subsidized healthcare?

You're reading comprehension and logic are clearly non-existent.

Your COMRADES in this thread are justifying the FDA micromanaging our diets with the reasoning that because their taxes pay for the healthcare of others, that other people's diets should be managed by the government.

Sugar is right. Lots of soda drinkers out there. And too much sugar in most processed foods. AND processed foods are bad for you. Too much salt, etc. etc. Where is the line here?

How about healthy people (like me) paying less like I do with auto insurance with my clean driving record?

Or take it further. The Feds have a Highly Politicized Food Pyramid which is heavy on carbs and light on protein and fat. One tactic could be (and is) making meat more expensive so that less people can afford it. The CPI doesn't reflect this phenom - it just assumes that people will happily substitute cheaper protein such as Enviro-Nazi approved Tofu.

You're reading comprehension and logic are clearly non-existent.

Your COMRADES in this thread are justifying the FDA micromanaging our diets with the reasoning that because their taxes pay for the healthcare of others, that other people's diets should be managed by the government.

They aren't micromanaging your diet. Don't take it personal. They are telling companies that processes our food that they can no longer poison the American people by adding trans fat to the food they are processing. You can add all the trans fat you want to your food. The companies cannot.

Forum List

Back