February may have been the warmest month on record,

Bullshit. FEB 2016 was not the warmest. Last August was much warmer.

Wrong! You are the one posting "bullshit".

NOAA - The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for August 2015 was 0.88°C (1.58°F) above the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F) and the highest August in the 136-year record.

The NASA data shows that February had a global average surface temperature of 1.35 degrees Celsius above the 1951 to 1980 average, or 2.43 degrees Fahrenheit above average.

FebruaryTemp.jpg

Monthly global average surface temperatures, with Feb. 2016 indicated. - IMAGE: NASA GISS

Yup, at this rate the planet will be inhabitable in say......150 million years. Give or take a million. I figure in 150 years we'll convert all energy to Dilithium Crystal technology and learn how to build transporters, Phazors, and Proton Torpedos.
"the planet will be inhabitable in 150 million years" - LOLOLOL.....You poor insane wacko...

Your bullshit got debunked, crudwhistle!

Now you are just spewing nonsense.

Are you retarded?
I'm not the retard that can't spot sarcasm.
No, you're the retard who ALWAYS posts vacuous deranged meaningless bullshit. You are the troll!

Bullshit. FEB 2016 was not the warmest. Last August was much warmer.

Yup, at this rate the planet will be inhabitable in say......150 million years. Give or take a million. I figure in 150 years we'll convert all energy to Dilithium Crystal technology and learn how to build transporters, Phazors, and Proton Torpedos.
"the planet will be inhabitable in 150 million years" - LOLOLOL.....You poor insane wacko...

Are you retarded?
I'm not the retard that can't spot sarcasm.
No, you're the retard who ALWAYS posts vacuous deranged meaningless bullshit. You are the troll!
Yep...

.Right...

Sure...

Uhhuh.............phfffffffffft.

Bullshit.

FEB 2016 was not the warmest.

Last August was much warmer.

too funny. how many data stations are they looking at and how many adjustments?

It is wildly hilarious that an ignorant retard like you, JustCrazy, imagines that you are in any way qualified to criticize NASA's scientific studies of the climate.....and that you cling to your crackpot conspiracy theories about all of the world's climate scientists plotting to fool you.....you are SUCH a nutjob!
I pay their salary, so yes I am critical of them. I want them to stop being a leftist wing of the country and post up what the actual readings are. I know they don't use those readings. I also want to know why they throw station data away. I'm entitled to know.

The answer to all of your brainwashed delusions and crackpot conspiracy theoies is always the same, JustCrazy....YOU ARE AN INSANE, MISINFORMED, HIGHLY DELUSIONAL, VERY REALITY-CHALLENGED, CRACKPOT-CONSPIRACY-THEORY-BELIEVER NUTJOB!
I'm insane because I want accountability?
Nope! You are insane because you deny the validity of the very real worldwide scientific consensus affirming the reality and extreme dangers of human caused global warming and its consequent climate disruptions and changes.

You are insane because you reject and deny the truly massive amounts of scientific evidence confirming the reality of AGW.

You are insane because, having rejected science, you embrace and parrot the lies, misinformation, and pseudo-science created by the fossil fuel industry propaganda pushers, in spite of their obvious financially-based bias.

You are insane for rejecting science, reason, logic and rationality, and clinging to deranged myths and crackpot conspiracy theories.
LOLOLOL.....You poor insane wacko...

Are you retarded?
Yup, at this rate the planet will be inhabitable in say......150 million years.
Nope. We'll build a few of those hugely profitable windmills that break even in 5 months. We'll use the profits to build giant ice makers, to cool the planet's hotspots.
Your deranged, gibberish-filled posts are getting more and more disconnected from reality and even more insane, Toad-the-Parrot. You should really seek professional help for your mental breakdown, you poor wacko.

You should really seek professional help for your mental breakdown, you poor wacko.

I'll be sure to do that......after you pass a college level Econ class and admit your stupid break even error.

Bullshit.

It is wildly hilarious that an ignorant retard like you, JustCrazy, imagines that you are in any way qualified to criticize NASA's scientific studies of the climate.....and that you cling to your crackpot conspiracy theories about all of the world's climate scientists plotting to fool you.....you are SUCH a nutjob!
I pay their salary, so yes I am critical of them. I want them to stop being a leftist wing of the country and post up what the actual readings are. I know they don't use those readings. I also want to know why they throw station data away. I'm entitled to know.

The answer to all of your brainwashed delusions and crackpot conspiracy theoies is always the same, JustCrazy....YOU ARE AN INSANE, MISINFORMED, HIGHLY DELUSIONAL, VERY REALITY-CHALLENGED, CRACKPOT-CONSPIRACY-THEORY-BELIEVER NUTJOB!
Nope! You are insane because you deny the validity of the very real worldwide scientific consensus affirming the reality and extreme dangers of human caused global warming and its consequent climate disruptions and changes.

You are insane because you reject and deny the truly massive amounts of scientific evidence confirming the reality of AGW.

You are insane because, having rejected science, you embrace and parrot the lies, misinformation, and pseudo-science created by the fossil fuel industry propaganda pushers, in spite of their obvious financially-based bias.

You are insane for rejecting science, reason, logic and rationality, and clinging to deranged myths and crackpot conspiracy theories.

Are you retarded?
Nope. We'll build a few of those hugely profitable windmills that break even in 5 months. We'll use the profits to build giant ice makers, to cool the planet's hotspots.
Your deranged, gibberish-filled posts are getting more and more disconnected from reality and even more insane, Toad-the-Parrot. You should really seek professional help for your mental breakdown, you poor wacko.

You should really seek professional help for your mental breakdown, you poor wacko.

I'll be sure to do that......after you pass a college level Econ class and admit your stupid break even error.
....After you stick to the topic and stop trying to derail the thread because the facts are anathema to you deranged denier cult retards.

Bullshit.

Are you retarded?

....After you stick to the topic and stop trying to derail the thread because the facts are anathema to you deranged denier cult retards.

Stick to the facts? Okay.
How many windmills do we have to build to stop global warming? Just give me the facts.

Bullshit.

Are you retarded?

How many windmills do we have to build to stop global warming? Just give me the facts.
....After you stick to the topic and stop trying to derail the thread because the facts about global warming and this last record breaking February are anathema to you deranged denier cult retards.

February may have been the warmest month on record

Bullshit.

Are you retarded?

....After you stick to the topic and stop trying to derail the thread because the facts about global warming and this last record breaking February are anathema to you deranged denier cult retards.

I love the imprecise language. Other months are much warmer than this or any other February.

Let me know when you get the facts about how many windmills we need.

I love the imprecise language. Other months are much warmer than this or any other February.

Oh, Toad, your delusional anti-science rejection of reality is so insane....and you are too stupid to see that....that's kind of hilarious...as well as very pathetic...

FebruaryTemp.jpg

Monthly global average surface temperatures, with Feb. 2016 indicated. - IMAGE: NASA GISS

February shatters heat records, becomes hottest month for planet
CNN
By Brandon Miller, CNN Senior Meteorologist
Updated Thu March 17, 2016
(excerpt)
(CNN) The month of February broke another heat record for the planet -- the latest in a string of broken monthly records that bring the Earth closer to the symbolic 2 degree Celsius temperature hike predicted to spark catastrophic consequences.

February smashed the previous record for the warmest February and even became the warmest month ever compared to average, according to NOAA, which released the data Thursday.

February temperatures over land and ocean averaged a scorching 2.18 F/1.21 C above the 20th century average. With records going back to 1880, that makes 1,646 months of data, and February tops them all. But what's even more remarkable is that the top three months in terms of heat are the past three, going back to December 2015, and they all top 1 C warmer than the 20th century average.

The planet is rapidly on its way to that 2 degree mark, possibly faster than anyone imagined. In fact, average temperatures over land in February were a mind-boggling 4.16 F/2.31 C above normal, the first time the significant and symbolic 2 degree Celsius bar has been topped.

Last edited:

Why should I do that? The utilities will simply build them without asking either one of us for permission.

Earth.gif

but we don’t know for sure — despite reports to the contrary.

I love headlines like this. All that scientific expertise and the experts can't be certain of their “facts.” Here's an excerpt:

But this record stretches back only to 1979. And satellites monitor temperatures up in the troposphere, not on the surface where we live.

Okay, we can now expect all sorts of charts and graphs like the one in the article and it appears that NONE of them will tell the whole story.

Read the full article @ Reports that February was warmest month are premature

Clearly not the warmest month ever, as many right wingers are feeling the cold right now, so it can't be true.

Why should I do that? The utilities will simply build them without asking either one of us for permission.

Why should I do that?

You're pushing for trillions in wasteful spending on "green energy", but you don't know how many windmills would stop further warming?

The utilities will simply build them without asking either one of us for permission.

Of course they will. Anything that breaks even in 5 months but lasts 25 years will make them trillions in profits.
We should prosecute anyone who pushed for subsidies for wind. And sue to get the money back.
And put a heavy tax on wind power. With their profitability, we could balance the budget.

Why should I do that?
You're pushing for trillions in wasteful spending on "green energy", but you don't know how many windmills would stop further warming?

The utilities will simply build them without asking either one of us for permission.

Of course they will. Anything that breaks even in 5 months but lasts 25 years will make them trillions in profits. We should prosecute anyone who pushed for subsidies for wind. And sue to get the money back. And put a heavy tax on wind power. With their profitability, we could balance the budget.

You seem to be amusingly still under the impression that spewing insane bullshit impresses anyone but your fellow denier cult retards.

Keep it up. You only help to discredit the whole astroturfed denier cult nonsense created by the fossil fuel industry.

Why should I do that?

Of course they will. Anything that breaks even in 5 months but lasts 25 years will make them trillions in profits. We should prosecute anyone who pushed for subsidies for wind. And sue to get the money back. And put a heavy tax on wind power. With their profitability, we could balance the budget.

You seem to be amusingly still under the impression that spewing insane bullshit impresses anyone but your fellow denier cult retards.

Keep it up. You only help to discredit the whole astroturfed denier cult nonsense created by the fossil fuel industry.

I'm not trying to impress warmer morons, I'm mocking you.

The Earth is a big place. The U.S. only covers less than 2% of the Earth's surface. Globally, 2014 was the hottest year on record at that time, although that record was broken again, by an even larger margin in 2015, and will very likely be broken yet again in 2016.

Looking at just one year in just the USA does not reflect the global picture. A longer time frame is essential to understanding the trend.

In the USA, 2012 was the hottest year on record by a large margin, and the ratio of record highs to record lows mirrored that. 2016 may wind up as the next new hottest year on record in the USA.

2012records.jpeg

The interactive above shows the top 10 states with the biggest difference between the number of high-temperature and low-temperature records under the Ratio to Low tab at the top. Ohio has thus far seen 49 high-temperature records set for every one low-temperature record. Maryland and Wisconsin have both seen about 41 record highs for every one record low. All of the states in the top 10 have seen more than 20 record highs for every record low, and there hasn’t been a single state that has seen more low-temperature records than highs (or even a 1:1 ratio). Of note is Rhode Island, where there has not been a single low-temperature record set yet in 2012.

2013 and 2014 were a bit cooler in the U.S., but in 2015 he ratio of record highs to record lows has once again shifted to more record highs than record lows.

Record Highs vs. Record Lows
ClimateCentral
Aug 19th, 2015
This year is on pace to be the hottest on record globally, coming off a record hot year in 2014. Looking closer to home, parts of the western U.S. are also in the midst of one of their hottest years on record so far. Another important set of records are the daily records set at stations across the country.

Without climate change, the ratio of daily record highs to daily record lows should be in balance when looking over years and decades — although there will still be swings to cold and hot years. However, over the last several decades in the U.S. record highs are significantly outpacing record lows, which indicates a long-term and sustained warming trend.

Despite the record heat dominating the West the past two years, the relatively chilly air across the East has been enough to tip the balance in favor of lows over highs (although the ratio is nearly 1-to-1). But the daily record highs have come roaring back this year, outpacing record lows nearly 2-to-1 since the beginning of 2015.

If we look in terms of decades, the 2000s and 2010s have seen record highs outweigh record lows by a higher ratio than any other decade in the last century, even during the notoriously hot Dust Bowl era of the 1930s. The number of record highs being set is especially telling because the statistical chance of breaking a record decreases as the length of time records are kept increases.

Examining all of the record low temperatures yields another dramatic result — since the first of the year, the number of all-time warm low-temperature records is outpacing the corresponding cold ones by a ratio of more than 6-to-1. This emphasizes that warmer nights are a major factor in the overall warming trend, not just hotter days.

As greenhouse gas emissions continue to accumulate in the atmosphere and warm the planet, record warm temperatures will further outpace record cold temperatures. In fact, model projections show that the ratio of daily record highs to lows will be around 20-to-1 by mid-century, growing to 50-to-1 by the end of the century (according to the A1B emission scenario).

NOTE: If you would like to find the latest record tally, The National Centers of Environmental Information (formerly NCDC), maintains a running summary.

The Earth is a big place. The U.S. only covers less than 2% of the Earth's surface. Globally, 2014 was the hottest year on record at that time, although that record was broken again, by an even larger margin in 2015, and will very likely be broken yet again in 2016.

Looking at just one year in just the USA does not reflect the global picture. A longer time frame is essential to understanding the trend.

In the USA, 2012 was the hottest year on record by a large margin, and the ratio of record highs to record lows mirrored that. 2016 may wind up as the next new hottest year on record in the USA.

2012records.jpeg

The interactive above shows the top 10 states with the biggest difference between the number of high-temperature and low-temperature records under the Ratio to Low tab at the top. Ohio has thus far seen 49 high-temperature records set for every one low-temperature record. Maryland and Wisconsin have both seen about 41 record highs for every one record low. All of the states in the top 10 have seen more than 20 record highs for every record low, and there hasn’t been a single state that has seen more low-temperature records than highs (or even a 1:1 ratio). Of note is Rhode Island, where there has not been a single low-temperature record set yet in 2012.

2013 and 2014 were a bit cooler in the U.S., but in 2015 he ratio of record highs to record lows has once again shifted to more record highs than record lows.

ClimateCentral
Aug 19th, 2015
This year is on pace to be the hottest on record globally, coming off a record hot year in 2014. Looking closer to home, parts of the western U.S. are also in the midst of one of their hottest years on record so far. Another important set of records are the daily records set at stations across the country.

Without climate change, the ratio of daily record highs to daily record lows should be in balance when looking over years and decades — although there will still be swings to cold and hot years. However, over the last several decades in the U.S. record highs are significantly outpacing record lows, which indicates a long-term and sustained warming trend.

Despite the record heat dominating the West the past two years, the relatively chilly air across the East has been enough to tip the balance in favor of lows over highs (although the ratio is nearly 1-to-1). But the daily record highs have come roaring back this year, outpacing record lows nearly 2-to-1 since the beginning of 2015.

If we look in terms of decades, the 2000s and 2010s have seen record highs outweigh record lows by a higher ratio than any other decade in the last century, even during the notoriously hot Dust Bowl era of the 1930s. The number of record highs being set is especially telling because the statistical chance of breaking a record decreases as the length of time records are kept increases.

Examining all of the record low temperatures yields another dramatic result — since the first of the year, the number of all-time warm low-temperature records is outpacing the corresponding cold ones by a ratio of more than 6-to-1. This emphasizes that warmer nights are a major factor in the overall warming trend, not just hotter days.

As greenhouse gas emissions continue to accumulate in the atmosphere and warm the planet, record warm temperatures will further outpace record cold temperatures. In fact, model projections show that the ratio of daily record highs to lows will be around 20-to-1 by mid-century, growing to 50-to-1 by the end of the century (according to the A1B emission scenario).

NOTE: If you would like to find the latest record tally, The National Centers of Environmental Information (formerly NCDC), maintains a running summary.
How short is "the record" and what line of reasoning did you use to decide that that very short time frame is relevant?

Can you prove that a warming climate is deleterious compared to a cooling climate? No, you cannot.

Can you prove that the Sun will not be cooler in 50 years than it is now? No. You cannot.

Are you capable of comprehending the fact that you belong to an AGW doomsday cult?

You are suffering from a psychiatric disease known as "paranoid schizophrenia".

2012records.jpeg

ClimateCentral
Aug 19th, 2015

How short is "the record" and what line of reasoning did you use to decide that that very short time frame is relevant? Can you prove that a warming climate is deleterious compared to a cooling climate? No, you cannot. Can you prove that the Sun will not be cooler in 50 years than it is now? No. You cannot. Are you capable of comprehending the fact that you belong to an AGW doomsday cult? You are suffering from a mental disorder known as "paranoid schizophrenia".

Your bullshit got debunked, MuMu, and now you are just spewing more insane meaningless nonsense.

2012records.jpeg

ClimateCentral
Aug 19th, 2015

and how much of the globe has temperature stations?

2012records.jpeg

ClimateCentral
Aug 19th, 2015

Were Chinese Stevenson screen meteorological instrumental records very accurate during the Cultural Revolution when damn near everyone who looked older than 12 years old was systematically slaughtered by the Mao government?

Wang admitted that he lied about the weather station locations. Hansen called bullshit in the e-mails that a WikiLinks whistle-blower exposed to the scientific community. (Climategate) They were flat out stone cold busted!

But idiots like RT and OR do not know what the fuck I'm talking about. They are that clueless.

2012records.jpeg

ClimateCentral
Aug 19th, 2015

Were Chinese Stevenson screen meteorological instrumental records very accurate during the Cultural Revolution when damn near everyone who looked older than 12 years old was systematically slaughtered by the Mao government?

Wang admitted that he lied about the weather station locations. Hansen called bullshit in the e-mails that a WikiLinks whistle-blower exposed to the scientific community. (Climategate) They were flat out stone cold busted!

But idiots like RT and OR do not know what the fuck I'm talking about. They are that clueless.
Everybody knows what you are spewing now, retard....really dumbfuck fraudulent anti-science denier cult myths and incoherent crackpot drivel!

Forum List

Back